December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by catarinabarao

love it, love it, love it.....
Such a good foundation...and the application is so fast, i just spray it on a brush, buff it into my face, and voila!!!
Its pricey but if you want a special foundation to use for special occasions this is the one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by hinduae

very natural looking ... dosnt cake ... great coverage .. buildable ..

color 200 lovely beige looks great with my apricot bobbi brown blush and cargo # 2 concealer blu ray

this foundation is heaven !!!!!!! HG ..

i have dry flaky skin i just moisturize before applying it ..

if u try adding more than a layer u might need loose powder to set it

last long stays fresh color stays the same ..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this.The foundation, did give me a beautiful airbrushed finish with a really natural glow, I only achieved this whilst using my kabuki brush, When I sprayed directly to the face I found the result to be uneven and even looked cakey. This dried super fast and I found the formula very drying on my skin and to begin with I have very dry skin but the colour matching was almost perfect. Something about spraying foundation out of can seems wrong. This foundation is so expensive and really wished it was a little more moisture friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

This is a beautiful finish. For me not perfecbut really good. After 3 days of wearing it my check broke out like crazy. I never hasve ever broken out there. I took this back. The other issue with it is it kind of stuck to my dry patches in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by bethmullarkey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What is wrong with the colour range by Christian Dior!
I have pale skin and although it looked good when i was on holiday, the colour range is so orange!
Loved the consistancy and novelty of this foundation.
Coverage- very good, without looking extremely fake or feeling heavy.

I used this every night when i was on holiday and by the end the can had been used! Two weeks was all i got out of this, to be honest i was pretty heavy handed though!

Would repurchase except the colours are rubbish for pale skinned girls and it is very expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. It's great but my goodness, so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I love this....would would not rebuy because it is pricey and I feel that aerosols never last as long as they should! Mind you...the result of this is fantastic...great flawless airbrushed look...if you apply correctly! Spray 6-8 inches away from the face in a "z" motion...let dry then blend...nothing compares to this and it's truly water resistant...this is something I would save for going out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Suffragette

Ugh, sooo expensive, but sooo worth it. I first tried using this product by spraying it directly on my face, the way they demonstrated on HSN. I found it way too messy to apply that way so I tried applying it by spraying it directly on my 187 skunk brush and buffing it on. My skin looked porcelain perfect! I haven't worn this for many days, so I'm not sure if it will break me out, but so far I like it better than any other foundation I have ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this foundation. I love this foundation. This foundation absolutely sucks--and yet it is so amazing.

What's the deal? Well, this is toxic. It smells like spray paint, and as you apply it you can feel the ozone layer getting thinner and your genes mutating. Seriously, this is probably illegal in California. The can, yes can, tells you it's "extremely flammable". And whoever said this isn't doing any favors for your skin is right on. There's not one beneficial ingredient, and every day I've worn this, I've had 2 or 3 brave new pimples by evening. This stuff suffocates your skin.

It doesn't feel luxurious; it's not enjoyable to apply; it's not enjoyable to pay $65 for. And yet once I'm done with this can I'll be paying $65 for another. Why?

Because I like looking gorgeous.
Gorgeous. Not ok, but gorgeous and perfect, like a model. And I like that even from 2 inches away, people don't see makeup on me. I like having my Airflash-induced blemishes fade straight into invisibility when I spray some of this on my finger and pat it in like concealer. In short, I like looking like I have naturally perfect skin, even on my worst skin days.

As for staying power, I think it's ok, not incredible.
As for application technique, I get the prettiest results when I spray this onto a kabuki and buff. It's also less messy that way. Spraying directly onto your face will give you foundation-colored eyelashes and lips, and also the foundation doesn't look as nice that way.

Will I repurchase? Yes. Sorry, wallet, liver, nose, pores.

UPDATE: I still like this, and will still repurchase for help with my skin emergencies, but I am slightly less enthused now. Here's why: 1) Others have remarked that this gets darker/more orangey as it dries down, and I've found this to be true. At the moment of application, the 200 looks great on me (which was why I was so wowed at the Dior counter), but an hour or so later it gets less porcelain-y and more makeup mask-y/brown-orange. It's not a huge change, and it still looks fine (not obvious), but it doesn't leave me as rapturous as the immediate finish. 2) From even a couple feet away, this looks fine re: pores and lines, but if you're super-close, they look worse with this on them. I guess that's inevitable in some ways, but it's another strike against this foundation.
I've tried other Dior foundations (non-aerosol) and been pretty impressed. I think the company makes good foundations in general, and what I might have initially loved about this one was the color match. Indeed, the 200/20 colors of their other foundations look great on me too. So I'm sorry to say I can no longer rave off the walls about this formula. I do really like it, however, and I will repurchase because it has saved me on many occasions from utter embarrassment in public, and made me look pretty damn decent even in the throes of serious breakouts, serial all-nighters and the like.

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Want Perfection? Try using Airflash with the MUFE Kabuki..I spray a little on the brush and buff/blend. Takes less than 2minutes to apply and really looks airbrushed. Airflash also photographs well***UPDATE*** I can't ignore the little voice in my head saying to stay away from this stuff, it says "Highly flammable" on the back of the can for god's sake! Granted, it looks very nice on the skin but I get this suffocating feeling when wearing it and I think it has caused some breakouts...Finally my lemming forr Airflash has been quashed and I want it no more