October 30, 2014 | 1468 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I love this....would would not rebuy because it is pricey and I feel that aerosols never last as long as they should! Mind you...the result of this is fantastic...great flawless airbrushed look...if you apply correctly! Spray 6-8 inches away from the face in a "z" motion...let dry then blend...nothing compares to this and it's truly water resistant...this is something I would save for going out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Suffragette

Ugh, sooo expensive, but sooo worth it. I first tried using this product by spraying it directly on my face, the way they demonstrated on HSN. I found it way too messy to apply that way so I tried applying it by spraying it directly on my 187 skunk brush and buffing it on. My skin looked porcelain perfect! I haven't worn this for many days, so I'm not sure if it will break me out, but so far I like it better than any other foundation I have ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this foundation. I love this foundation. This foundation absolutely sucks--and yet it is so amazing.

What's the deal? Well, this is toxic. It smells like spray paint, and as you apply it you can feel the ozone layer getting thinner and your genes mutating. Seriously, this is probably illegal in California. The can, yes can, tells you it's "extremely flammable". And whoever said this isn't doing any favors for your skin is right on. There's not one beneficial ingredient, and every day I've worn this, I've had 2 or 3 brave new pimples by evening. This stuff suffocates your skin.

It doesn't feel luxurious; it's not enjoyable to apply; it's not enjoyable to pay $65 for. And yet once I'm done with this can I'll be paying $65 for another. Why?

Because I like looking gorgeous.
Gorgeous. Not ok, but gorgeous and perfect, like a model. And I like that even from 2 inches away, people don't see makeup on me. I like having my Airflash-induced blemishes fade straight into invisibility when I spray some of this on my finger and pat it in like concealer. In short, I like looking like I have naturally perfect skin, even on my worst skin days.

As for staying power, I think it's ok, not incredible.
As for application technique, I get the prettiest results when I spray this onto a kabuki and buff. It's also less messy that way. Spraying directly onto your face will give you foundation-colored eyelashes and lips, and also the foundation doesn't look as nice that way.

Will I repurchase? Yes. Sorry, wallet, liver, nose, pores.

UPDATE: I still like this, and will still repurchase for help with my skin emergencies, but I am slightly less enthused now. Here's why: 1) Others have remarked that this gets darker/more orangey as it dries down, and I've found this to be true. At the moment of application, the 200 looks great on me (which was why I was so wowed at the Dior counter), but an hour or so later it gets less porcelain-y and more makeup mask-y/brown-orange. It's not a huge change, and it still looks fine (not obvious), but it doesn't leave me as rapturous as the immediate finish. 2) From even a couple feet away, this looks fine re: pores and lines, but if you're super-close, they look worse with this on them. I guess that's inevitable in some ways, but it's another strike against this foundation.
I've tried other Dior foundations (non-aerosol) and been pretty impressed. I think the company makes good foundations in general, and what I might have initially loved about this one was the color match. Indeed, the 200/20 colors of their other foundations look great on me too. So I'm sorry to say I can no longer rave off the walls about this formula. I do really like it, however, and I will repurchase because it has saved me on many occasions from utter embarrassment in public, and made me look pretty damn decent even in the throes of serious breakouts, serial all-nighters and the like.

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Want Perfection? Try using Airflash with the MUFE Kabuki..I spray a little on the brush and buff/blend. Takes less than 2minutes to apply and really looks airbrushed. Airflash also photographs well***UPDATE*** I can't ignore the little voice in my head saying to stay away from this stuff, it says "Highly flammable" on the back of the can for god's sake! Granted, it looks very nice on the skin but I get this suffocating feeling when wearing it and I think it has caused some breakouts...Finally my lemming forr Airflash has been quashed and I want it no more

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Throne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first experience with an spray foundation and i have to say i was impressed. After a friend got this for me on my birthday, i began using it all summer. I was very surprised with the results.
The foundation itself is pretty opaque and has a great range of coverage. Because the foundation was so light, i figured in the hot summer heat it would come off really quickly. To my surprise, (if i wasn't majorly sweating) it did stayed on for a pretty long time. One of the things i found was my friend purchased a very fair shade. When i went back to check other colours, the next one up was much too dark for my skin. Unfortunately, there wasn't much variety which is pretty disappointing for someone like me who is fair, but not ghostly fair.
The price was the worst thing in this product. The foundation was $55 dollars where i found it (I got that friend a very large present that year as you can imagine) which i found completely ridiculous for a foundation. With the range of colouring and other factors in this product, i find it hard to see how it could be worth 55 dollars.
The packaging was new to me. I never used an spray foundation before so of course i followed the instructions like a bible. It said to directly spray it to your face, which is completely stupid, but i still did anyways and it turned out horrible. I would suggest you spray it instead on your hand or a tray, its much more manageable.
Overall, this product is great, but nothing special. Im sure there are many foundations that match up to the same quality as this, and you really don't want to pay 55 dollars just for an spray can. Plus the range of colour available wasnt all that spectacular. If the price was more in the 30's or 20's, i would consider buying it again but now, ill just stick with the foundation i have now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ValerieD16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Stays on all day, does not crease and keeps me glowing!

I have freckles, so it's hard to find a sheer cover, but something that hides imperfections... this does.

I spray it on a kabuki brush and blend in.

It's worth the price. I think all the girls at Sephora in SF use it b/c they all got excited when I wanted to know where it was at!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by sgrundyuk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It's easy to apply and you can build the coverage. It really does give an airbrushed look. I use MAC Strobe cream underneath, then my concealer, then this and my skin looks perfect and glowing. It does dry my skin out though and I'm not keen on the chemicals so only use for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sim3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing, the best stuff ever, with the best coverage. You can build it to the amount of coverage that you desire. You truly end up with an airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by NfrNathalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I've ever had, and the most ridiculously expensive one too. Brushing it on does need a bit technique and experience, applying with a brush is a lot easier. It is very light but covers nicely and the lightest shade is not too rosy. The only problem is that I have very oily skin and have to touch up and powder a lot, but less often than usual. It does not hold long for me!!! Therefor I do not use this for party's because it cannot stand sweat and oil. it turns into orange and your pores can be seen a mile away. I use the airflash for important things with a relatively short duration, such as dinners, lunches and congresses. Once you've put it on you don't have to worry about your complexion, which is very relaxing, because you look airbrushed and perfect. It is a very good product for the right occasion, but absolutely too expensive. I will buy it none the less!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bellazara20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say that I absolutely adore this product!! I was using Pure Light for few years and since it was discontinued I had to search for something new. Dior never fails... their products have an amazing quality to them. The mist feels like air, gives good coverage yet very natural finish. After few times I got the application technique perfected... Definitely worth the price, after all we get what we pay for.