Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 2/8/2010 4:15:00 PM

I went to Saks to buy Giorgio Armani liquid silk and bought this b/c she sales woman recommended it and overall had good reviews on Sephora. I ended up returning it b/c I broke several days in a row on different areas of my face. So returned it and bought the GA.

on 1/31/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For starters, I have combo skin. I don't really break out and don't have many things I need to cover up.
I LOVE this foundation. I have received MANY complements on my skin when I wear it.

It is so lightweight, easy to blend, and you really don't need a lot. The color match is also pretty great. You can spray it directly onto your face and blend, or onto a brush and blend or stipple. I prefer the brush method, I find I have more control that way.
This stuff is really great for evening out my complexion, and it's fabulous for summer or going to out to a bar, since it's so lightweight. I find it doesn't feel like most liquid foundations, which can sometimes have me almost excited to wash it off at the end of the day. With Airflash, it feels like I'm not wearing anything! It is pretty long wearing as well, even when I don't set it with powder.
I also like the fact that it does not have an SPF in it, so I will use it when I know pictures are going to be taken, because it doesn't make my face appear washed out.

One con of this product is definitely the price. It sells for about $60 CAD, which I think is kind of pricey for a fairly basic foundation. I also find that a lot of product goes to waste, just because it is a spray foundation. I usually spray it over the sink or over a kleenex or paper, and I definitely see how much product is wasted.
I think I may try my luck with Sally Hansen's spray foundation or even NYC's spray foundation first. The price is the only thing that's stopping me from re-buying. :(

on 1/21/2010 5:28:00 PM

WOW! Great stuff! A little goes a long way, its a decent size container and Ive had no clogging issues. Great coverage... go lightly though then blend with a soft brush. Definitly can clog pores but not as badly as most foundations I have tried. Would definitly purchase this again, its 60$ but worth it. The lightest one is what i use. I do wish they had a few more colors of this though for the other tones and complections out there, i think there were only like 5 choices in sephora.

on 1/21/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing. When I bought it, II couldn't not believe I had spent so much money on a single foundation, and was angry at my self for letting the shop assistants at Sephora talk me into buying it!! But when I applied it for a night out a few days later, O.M.G I felt like my face was airbrushed for a magazine! It covered every single imperfection and I didn't even spray on much!!! A MUST

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow! This is my new HG foundation, I dont care how expensive it is. I was using La Mer's fluid foundation, which was my HG before, along with EL Double wear concealer and La Mer loose powder... But with this Dior foundation I do NOT need concealer or powder!! So Im saving a lot of money there!! AND it even looks better on my skin! I used the lightest shade in La Mer (porcelain) and also using the lightest shade in the Dior (200). The dior is slightly pinker toned than the la mer but they both look natural on my very fair skin. I have a lot of red acne scars, and this covers them beautifully. Doesnt accentuate my pores either. But here's the trick I use to apply - I spray it onto a stippling brush then dab it onto my skin. I tried spraying it onto my skin then patting, and even spraying it onto my hand and then using the brush, but spraying it directly onto the brush uses far less product, much less waste, and a better finish. Im amazed how well it dries, to a powder finish. There is no dewiness, which is good because my skin can get oily and my makeup tends to melt off by the end of the day. This is really expensive, but for a good foundation its so worth it. especially since Im saving money on concealer and powder. *****update 2/18/10 **** the lightest shade is just a tad too dark. but I still LOVE THIS! Maybe in summer when I get some color it will be better. No breakouts, just perfect looking makeup all day!!! so worth the money.

on 1/17/2010 3:59:00 AM

I really liked this foundation and raved about it to all of my friends (some of whom actually did go out and buy it!), but 5 weeks later I have run out. So even though I loved it I have had to change as it is far too expensive for everyday use.

A lightweight formula with full coverage. If I spray it on my face (with an "S" move), I get full coverage, but it accentuates fine lines under my eyes and it looks heavy (even though as a liquid/consistency it doesn't look heavy to me). If I spray on my hand and apply it either with a sponge/brush/my fingers, I still get full coverage, but with a very natural finish. It doesn't get too oily or cakey during the day. The lightest color #200 is again a little bit dark for me (NC15), but I can tolerate that, because on me it doesn't oxidize at all. Quite expensive if I use it as a spray, as it will last maybe for 1 1/2 to 2 months. Else, it lasts for a very long time, because I only need a small amount to cover everything (it is 70ml and all my other foundations are 30ml). As it is, I would give 3 1/2 to 4 lippies, because I expected an airbrush result, but I can't achieve that, instead I look like I am covered with powder when I spray it. Otherwise, it is a really nice foundation. If I will not be able to get a Guerlain Parure or Chanel Mat Lumiere in a light shade, then I will probably repurchase this one. Last but not least, my biggest problem regarding my skin is the lack of smoothness. Airflash, Parure and Mat Lumiere are the only foundations that have helped me with that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily skin like me try this foundation before you buy it. It is amazing foundation ,look very natural and even out my skintone.I have dark circles and some small broken blue veins and i need an exrtra consiler to cover--- but i prefer this than a very heavy all-over foundation---
To my oily skin last about a hour and then the oilness starts to appear.The next hour my face was greasy.
The price is really really expensive.
If you have normal skin or dry skin and want a natural looking-glowy-good coverage foundation make a gift to yourself and BUY THIS TOMORROW!!!!

on 1/7/2010 6:45:00 PM

I have to start off by saying that I HATE foundation, but this is wonderful. I've always had good skin, but after I had my son it was splotchy. Since I had never worn foundation before I didn't know what to do.
So one day I was walking through Macy's and I stopped at the Dior counter. I just wanted to try some eyeshadow on, but then she put this on. For the first time in 9 months my face was flawless. My jaw almost dropped when she told me the price $60 for this can, but then I thought ok well it will last a while. That's when the SA told me it should last about a month and a half. For the first week after I bought this I almost returned it just for the fact that it's so expensive. But I didn't and I'm glad because ladies this foundation lasted me 7 months, yes 7 whole months and I still have more left.
The reason I think mine lasted so long was the fact that I sprayed it on a kabuki brush and then applied it to my face, I think when you apply it to your face directly you use a lot more product. You don't need that much to cover your face and it makes your skin feel so good. If you thinking about getting this, just do it. <3

on 12/27/2009 7:31:00 PM

I got this spray foundation because it’s a SPRAY! When I looked at it, I thought “Wow”. If I can spray foundation onto my face, like hairspray onto my hair, I can save a ton of time in the morning, and that alone may warrant the $60 price tag. Pricey, I know, but if it worked, then it’s all worth it.

I’ve been using this foundation the last month and though it’s not the miracle foundation I had hoped, it is still a good solid foundation. I have tried various application methods and was able to get different types of coverage. This foundation is definitely buildable.

When I sprayed it on my face (at 6-8"), I got a light finish. It doesn’t leave you uneven surprisingly, but I still felt the need to buff in the product into my skin. Otherwise, it just seems to sit on top. For medium coverage, I sprayed some more foundation onto a kabuki brush instead. I then buffed the foundation in. Continuously spraying the foundation onto the skin directly can get me more coverage, but then I’m left in a haze of foundation, with a bunch of the stuff on my clothes and eventually on the floor when the mist settles (I hadn’t thought about that with hairspray until now, since foundation is tinted and I can see it).

The foundation wears very nicely throughout the day once you set it lightly with a powder and touch ups are really not necessary. I am a little bit on the oily side, and I just blot once and the foundation stays intact. You get 2.3 oz instead of the normal 1 oz from regular liquid foundations, but I highly doubt that I will get double the use out of the container. If anything, because of the aerosol, I’m thinking I will get less use out of it than a 1 oz liquid foundation.

Great concept, but liquid foundations work just as well, and the “spray” aspect doesn’t save me any time since I still use a brush to buff in the product. If you want a true “spray” foundation, you will need to get a true airbrushing foundation. I won't repuchase on price alone.

Video Reviews & Tutorials