Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 2/22/2010 1:29:00 AM

First of all, they only had 5 color choice. I had to buy two different colors to match my s kin tone. I was too afraid to spread on my face directly so I've used stippling brush, Hated the result. It was too matt and it accentuated every single pore I had and it stuck to the flakey part of my skin. For $120 I've spent it was a total waste. Now they are just sitting in my drawer.

on 2/22/2010 12:37:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product and was so excited when I used it for the first time. Unfortunately, the product performance did not live up to the hype. I purchased the lightest shade, which was still a tad bit dark for me. The coverage is very sheer. I have some acne scars and the Diorskin did nothing to conceal those. I have read other reviews say that the coverage is buildable, but I was hesitant to apply another layer. I was afraid that more product would just magnify the difference is my skin color and the product color. This foundation also melted away after about 5 hours. It is not worth the price in my opinion. I asked a friend at work the first week of use if she could tell a difference in my foundation. She told me she had not noticed any difference at all. I expected to look $60 better in this foundation. Maybe I was unrealistic in my expectations, but for a price of $60, I expected this product to be a minor miracle. Diorskin Airflash performed no better than some drugstore products I have used in the past.

on 2/21/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this foundation, the can lasts longer than I thought, 8 weeks and still alot left.
The SA reminded me to clean my kabuki brush with an antibacterial brush spray regularly which I think has helped me avoid any breakouts (I am very oily and acnegenic)
I spray brush, buff in and set with Dior Nude Powder for a soft focus natural finish.
I also like Dior Nude foundation when I want a liquid.
I feel it is imprtant for me to spend more on quality foundation because the face gives a first impression and I want mine to look and stay healthy and clean! Also I have learned I get what I pay for and NONE of the cheap kinds work and I dont believe they are tested the same and wear the same.

on 2/10/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

BEST foundation i have ever used! I spray my foundation brush lightly with it , and work it around my face, i do this twice. Mine lasted for several months, and i use it 3-4 times a week. For those that want it to last, use Estee Lauder Lucidity Foundation which is my second pick.

on 2/9/2010 9:11:00 AM

I love it!! It's so great because it's so incredibly easy to use... Just a spray on the face and I'm done. I've never been a fan of putting on foundation cos of the trouble and time taken to blend properly. But this stuff is so easy and quick! The coverage is not great, it's so lightweight, it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. But just for the ease of use, I'll keep buying again and again.

on 2/8/2010 4:15:00 PM

I went to Saks to buy Giorgio Armani liquid silk and bought this b/c she sales woman recommended it and overall had good reviews on Sephora. I ended up returning it b/c I broke several days in a row on different areas of my face. So returned it and bought the GA.

on 1/31/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For starters, I have combo skin. I don't really break out and don't have many things I need to cover up.
I LOVE this foundation. I have received MANY complements on my skin when I wear it.

It is so lightweight, easy to blend, and you really don't need a lot. The color match is also pretty great. You can spray it directly onto your face and blend, or onto a brush and blend or stipple. I prefer the brush method, I find I have more control that way.
This stuff is really great for evening out my complexion, and it's fabulous for summer or going to out to a bar, since it's so lightweight. I find it doesn't feel like most liquid foundations, which can sometimes have me almost excited to wash it off at the end of the day. With Airflash, it feels like I'm not wearing anything! It is pretty long wearing as well, even when I don't set it with powder.
I also like the fact that it does not have an SPF in it, so I will use it when I know pictures are going to be taken, because it doesn't make my face appear washed out.

One con of this product is definitely the price. It sells for about $60 CAD, which I think is kind of pricey for a fairly basic foundation. I also find that a lot of product goes to waste, just because it is a spray foundation. I usually spray it over the sink or over a kleenex or paper, and I definitely see how much product is wasted.
I think I may try my luck with Sally Hansen's spray foundation or even NYC's spray foundation first. The price is the only thing that's stopping me from re-buying. :(

on 1/21/2010 5:28:00 PM

WOW! Great stuff! A little goes a long way, its a decent size container and Ive had no clogging issues. Great coverage... go lightly though then blend with a soft brush. Definitly can clog pores but not as badly as most foundations I have tried. Would definitly purchase this again, its 60$ but worth it. The lightest one is what i use. I do wish they had a few more colors of this though for the other tones and complections out there, i think there were only like 5 choices in sephora.

on 1/21/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing. When I bought it, II couldn't not believe I had spent so much money on a single foundation, and was angry at my self for letting the shop assistants at Sephora talk me into buying it!! But when I applied it for a night out a few days later, O.M.G I felt like my face was airbrushed for a magazine! It covered every single imperfection and I didn't even spray on much!!! A MUST

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow! This is my new HG foundation, I dont care how expensive it is. I was using La Mer's fluid foundation, which was my HG before, along with EL Double wear concealer and La Mer loose powder... But with this Dior foundation I do NOT need concealer or powder!! So Im saving a lot of money there!! AND it even looks better on my skin! I used the lightest shade in La Mer (porcelain) and also using the lightest shade in the Dior (200). The dior is slightly pinker toned than the la mer but they both look natural on my very fair skin. I have a lot of red acne scars, and this covers them beautifully. Doesnt accentuate my pores either. But here's the trick I use to apply - I spray it onto a stippling brush then dab it onto my skin. I tried spraying it onto my skin then patting, and even spraying it onto my hand and then using the brush, but spraying it directly onto the brush uses far less product, much less waste, and a better finish. Im amazed how well it dries, to a powder finish. There is no dewiness, which is good because my skin can get oily and my makeup tends to melt off by the end of the day. This is really expensive, but for a good foundation its so worth it. especially since Im saving money on concealer and powder. *****update 2/18/10 **** the lightest shade is just a tad too dark. but I still LOVE THIS! Maybe in summer when I get some color it will be better. No breakouts, just perfect looking makeup all day!!! so worth the money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials