April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by vanillachica

The best foundation I've ever used, hands down. I've tried EVERYTHING - from Bare Minerals, to liquids to powders, and gave up because I couldnt find one I loved. So, I went bare-faced (and blotchy, ugh) for about a year. Airflash feels like nothing on my skin and leaves it poreless, smooth, even-toned - the way I wish my skin looked naturally. Shade 300 is absolutely perfect for me right now, but I may have to go lighter when fall/winter comes around. The trick is to apply it with the foundation brush from Dior (about $40, which is annoying but worth it). I spray Airflash directly on the brush, then use it to buff my entire face. The Dior sales rep said I'd get a lot more out of the can like this, because when you spray directly on your face, you waste unnecessary product. And I can NOT afford to waste a drop of this stuff - it's quite expensive at $60. I'm still on my first can so I hope it lasts long. My one and only gripe is that I get SLIGHTLY shiny in my T-zone right after applying it, so I just blot my face down with an oil-blotting sheet and I'm good to go for the rest of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by igrancea

This is probably the best foundation I've used so far, but it's not perfect.
Pros: It really does give you an airbrushed look, and it lasts pretty much all day. I lightly spray the foundation on a kabuki brush and then apply it to each area of the face; the foundation blends in really easily and covers my imperfections with the first sweep of the brush, reducing the need for additional touch-ups. The best part is that this coverage lasts throughout the day, making me look perfectly polished and not overdone.
Cons: My biggest problem is the shade selection. I have very fair skin and use the Ivory shade in pretty much every foundation I buy. Unfortunately Airflash doesnít come in Ivory; the lightest colour is one shade darker, which is one shade too dark for me. Not only is it too dark, but it has an orange tint to it, making me look like I have a fake tan. I can only pull this off right after Iíve had a lot of sun exposure, such as a week at the beach, when the tan is still dark and more intense. Another issue with the foundation is that it smears. Whether itís wiping my mouth with a napkin after eating, or wiping my forehead with a towel at the gym, I find the foundation transfers off really easily from certain parts of the face. This could be linked to over-applying, but Iíve never had this problem with any other foundations. Lastly, the application can be a bit messy. Even though I use a wide brush, the aerosol still sprays little coloured particles everywhere, including on my bathroom sink and counter. Again, not an issue Iíve ever had before.

Overall the pros do outweigh most of the cons, but because of the shade selection I can only pull this off during the summers when I'm in the sun a lot. I guess that means my quest for the perfect foundation continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by wasjame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good news and bad news on this foundation. Good news - it makes my skin absolutely poreless and smooth and gives it this airbrushed effect that is GORGEOUS! Bad news - within a few minutes it turned this hideous early 70's Coppertone orange color.I bought the 200, the lightest shade. I tried varying the application between "as directed" and with a kabuki brush. I tried it with nothing on my skin under the foundation, and with and without powder. Still orange. Picture an Oompa Loompa after Botox and Juvederm. Oh, sure, I'm one hot-looking Oompa Loomp, but that was not my goal. Would I buy it again? Are you kidding? I'm not even buying it this time! The store where I purchased it is almost 2 hours from my home - and it is worth the gas money to hand deliver this $65 dollar nightmare back to them for a speedy refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by hydrin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation around 8 months ago when I got it home I sprayed it on my face. I hated it, the makeup was thick, I could not spread it so it sat in with my cosmetics for months. Tonight after looking at all the rave reviews for this makeup I remembered buying it, so I found it at the bottom of a draw and tried it again spraying it on my wrist, at first it went on thick and horrible than I realized that I had to hold it further away from skin and actually spray it on my face not my wrist...WELL it went on beautifully, I looked in the mirror and could not believe how smooth and beautiful my skin looked. I am not sure yet that the color is right because it is night time and I like to check the color of my foundation in daylight, but I am so surprised how beautiful it actually looks when you apply it correctly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ccrriissyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute love, my m-i-l bought this for me after raving about it herself. A little goes a long way, and covers so well, with a satiny smooth flawless finish. It is a little messy like other reviews but worth it for special occasions, def a HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kcconsult

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love dior airflash. I shake the can, wrap my hair to prevent overspray, close my eyes and spray it lightly over my face in a Z. I must cover hair or it will go on hairline. I've got some lines around my eyes so I take a sponge and dab any make-up that shows off my creases. I'm 60 and it makes my skin look flawless. Just a note however, there was a bad batch of spray cans that would stop spraying. I returned them to Nordstrom's for replacement. I don't think this is an issue anymore. Overall I love the product. Less is more. It is expensive but last 4 to 6 months. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by biggersxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely loooove this foundation! I'm young but I have experimented a lot with high end makeup as my skin is very sensitive and doesn't tolerate much from drugstores. However, my mom also loves it, too! After a lot of experimenting and practice, I found the perfect application method: I spray it directly on a kabuki brush and buff it onto my face, part by part. My skin looks absolutely flawless! And it's very moisturizing and doesn't transfer during the summer heat, which I love. Def my HG foundation! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by gacoad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this product!

It's so easy once you get the hang of it. It took me a few tries though. The first time, it got all over my hair, so now I wrap my hair in a towel first. less is more! I over-applied a couple of times and looked caked on, but that was more my fault than the product. Now I just use a very light spray and it's really wonderful.

I use La Prairie Rose Illusion primer, Dior Airflash foundation, Dior Skinflash under eye concealer, then Armani Micro-fil loose powder, and it's a perfect finish.

Very expensive though, so lucky I only wear makeup on the weekends.

But it truly does deliver an airbrushed finish!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Rabiad

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I love the way it makes my skin looks, it gives a great silken finish and your skin just looks amazing!!! like I have perfect gorgeous silky smooth skin!!
What I don't like is the spray, it makes such a mess, I usually get it on my hairline, eyebrows, eyelashes and its a pain getting the excess off.. it takes a while to blend everything in... and I find the spray just annoying, maybe its just me but I can't get used to spraying something on my face...
I love it and my makeup box would'nt be complete without it BUT I only use this for special occasions and not for everyday use simply because its messy and I find the packaging extremly annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Serendipity111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation looks great on my skin! However, it just doesn't last as long as EL Double Wear. I have found that spraying the foundation onto a brush and then applying works much better than just closing my eyes and spraying onto my entire face. It is quite buildable, with just a little bit extra needed to cover any trouble areas (redness, zits). I think it is extremely expensive though, and probably won't buy it again because I like EL and MUFE foundations better and they are $20 cheaper.