Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

A lightweight formula with full coverage. If I spray it on my face (with an "S" move), I get full coverage, but it accentuates fine lines under my eyes and it looks heavy (even though as a liquid/consistency it doesn't look heavy to me). If I spray on my hand and apply it either with a sponge/brush/my fingers, I still get full coverage, but with a very natural finish. It doesn't get too oily or cakey during the day. The lightest color #200 is again a little bit dark for me (NC15), but I can tolerate that, because on me it doesn't oxidize at all. Quite expensive if I use it as a spray, as it will last maybe for 1 1/2 to 2 months. Else, it lasts for a very long time, because I only need a small amount to cover everything (it is 70ml and all my other foundations are 30ml). As it is, I would give 3 1/2 to 4 lippies, because I expected an airbrush result, but I can't achieve that, instead I look like I am covered with powder when I spray it. Otherwise, it is a really nice foundation. If I will not be able to get a Guerlain Parure or Chanel Mat Lumiere in a light shade, then I will probably repurchase this one. Last but not least, my biggest problem regarding my skin is the lack of smoothness. Airflash, Parure and Mat Lumiere are the only foundations that have helped me with that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily skin like me try this foundation before you buy it. It is amazing foundation ,look very natural and even out my skintone.I have dark circles and some small broken blue veins and i need an exrtra consiler to cover--- but i prefer this than a very heavy all-over foundation---
To my oily skin last about a hour and then the oilness starts to appear.The next hour my face was greasy.
The price is really really expensive.
If you have normal skin or dry skin and want a natural looking-glowy-good coverage foundation make a gift to yourself and BUY THIS TOMORROW!!!!

on 1/7/2010 6:45:00 PM

I have to start off by saying that I HATE foundation, but this is wonderful. I've always had good skin, but after I had my son it was splotchy. Since I had never worn foundation before I didn't know what to do.
So one day I was walking through Macy's and I stopped at the Dior counter. I just wanted to try some eyeshadow on, but then she put this on. For the first time in 9 months my face was flawless. My jaw almost dropped when she told me the price $60 for this can, but then I thought ok well it will last a while. That's when the SA told me it should last about a month and a half. For the first week after I bought this I almost returned it just for the fact that it's so expensive. But I didn't and I'm glad because ladies this foundation lasted me 7 months, yes 7 whole months and I still have more left.
The reason I think mine lasted so long was the fact that I sprayed it on a kabuki brush and then applied it to my face, I think when you apply it to your face directly you use a lot more product. You don't need that much to cover your face and it makes your skin feel so good. If you thinking about getting this, just do it. <3

on 12/27/2009 7:31:00 PM

I got this spray foundation because it’s a SPRAY! When I looked at it, I thought “Wow”. If I can spray foundation onto my face, like hairspray onto my hair, I can save a ton of time in the morning, and that alone may warrant the $60 price tag. Pricey, I know, but if it worked, then it’s all worth it.

I’ve been using this foundation the last month and though it’s not the miracle foundation I had hoped, it is still a good solid foundation. I have tried various application methods and was able to get different types of coverage. This foundation is definitely buildable.

When I sprayed it on my face (at 6-8"), I got a light finish. It doesn’t leave you uneven surprisingly, but I still felt the need to buff in the product into my skin. Otherwise, it just seems to sit on top. For medium coverage, I sprayed some more foundation onto a kabuki brush instead. I then buffed the foundation in. Continuously spraying the foundation onto the skin directly can get me more coverage, but then I’m left in a haze of foundation, with a bunch of the stuff on my clothes and eventually on the floor when the mist settles (I hadn’t thought about that with hairspray until now, since foundation is tinted and I can see it).

The foundation wears very nicely throughout the day once you set it lightly with a powder and touch ups are really not necessary. I am a little bit on the oily side, and I just blot once and the foundation stays intact. You get 2.3 oz instead of the normal 1 oz from regular liquid foundations, but I highly doubt that I will get double the use out of the container. If anything, because of the aerosol, I’m thinking I will get less use out of it than a 1 oz liquid foundation.

Great concept, but liquid foundations work just as well, and the “spray” aspect doesn’t save me any time since I still use a brush to buff in the product. If you want a true “spray” foundation, you will need to get a true airbrushing foundation. I won't repuchase on price alone.

on 12/20/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation, but only over another foundation or heavy concealer. By itself it is too sheer and sinks into fine lines. I love it over revlon colorstay. Just one spray on a kabuki brush and buff it on. It adds just the right amount of glow.

on 12/4/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To. Die. For. This seriously gives a flawless finish. No concealer or powder necessary. It lasts. I wore it on my wedding day and have the pics to prove it.

Best way to apply. Spray it on a kabuki brush and then evenly distribute on face in a circular motion. Usually, one spray will work.

A SA talked me out of Forever and into this, I am so glad she did!

ps. also, own Forever. It's my "work" foundation.

love it, love it, love it.....
Such a good foundation...and the application is so fast, i just spray it on a brush, buff it into my face, and voila!!!
Its pricey but if you want a special foundation to use for special occasions this is the one!

on 12/4/2009 11:30:00 AM

very natural looking ... dosnt cake ... great coverage .. buildable ..

color 200 lovely beige looks great with my apricot bobbi brown blush and cargo # 2 concealer blu ray

this foundation is heaven !!!!!!! HG ..

i have dry flaky skin i just moisturize before applying it ..

if u try adding more than a layer u might need loose powder to set it

last long stays fresh color stays the same ..

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this.The foundation, did give me a beautiful airbrushed finish with a really natural glow, I only achieved this whilst using my kabuki brush, When I sprayed directly to the face I found the result to be uneven and even looked cakey. This dried super fast and I found the formula very drying on my skin and to begin with I have very dry skin but the colour matching was almost perfect. Something about spraying foundation out of can seems wrong. This foundation is so expensive and really wished it was a little more moisture friendly.

on 11/16/2009 2:29:00 PM

This is a beautiful finish. For me not perfecbut really good. After 3 days of wearing it my check broke out like crazy. I never hasve ever broken out there. I took this back. The other issue with it is it kind of stuck to my dry patches in the winter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials