April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by PassatPatty

I know this brush costs a dollar, but I don't see that there should be any excuse for the incessant shedding of this brush. First time I tried to apply my foundation, 10 yellowish hairs all over my face. Then when I tried to use it to apply concealer, more yellowish hairs all over my face. Honestly, I have brushes that shed, but not like this. I hope this was a fluke, and I might buy another just to test. But if I had to choose a foundation brush, I'd buy another EoB Foundation brush. It's never shed on my and always gives consistent results. Just my experience...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

Have had this for years now and think its very good but honestly I have very rarely used this to apply foundation (I may have a long time ago). I mainly use this to apply under eye concealer, especially because I use foundation not ordinary concealer under my eyes; because foundation is more liquidy, not as viscous, as concealers tend to be, I need something that will deposit a good amt of color all at once as layering under the eyes doesn't work for me (looks like I've "layered" under the eyes if you know what I mean!). I don't use under eye concealers for the same reason, they look thick, cakey on me, no matter what;( However, after applying foundation under my eyes, I do use a teeny brush dipped in concealer to lighten up a few very dark spots nea the tear trough. This works well for me, and the brush is a keeper! It has also stood up to being washed many times, and still looks/works, just as good as it did at the start.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously amazing for $1. I hated having to wash my hands everytime I put foundation on.. so I can avoid that now! I'm defiantly liking the brush : )

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by AbbyNormal1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In the past I used sponges or my fingers and I never liked the finish on my skin. So I switched to powder foundation.
But this brush applies liquid foundation beautifully! It gives it a nice smooth application and it blends into my skin so well.
It also fits nicely into those hard to reach spots around the nose, eyes, and chin.
A good foundation brush makes all the difference! And this brush is worth so much more than you pay for it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by chinggay00

I <3 this foundation brush. I agree with the previous reviewer, this maybe too small for some but thats exactly why I bought this. I find most of the other drugstore foundation brushes (ecotools, essence, kashuk) to be just too big and thick and in turn thicker application of foundation too. I think the size of this foundation brush is just right for me, and I can apply my foundation as thin as I would like and easily build up for more coverage. And for just $1, how can you not love this brush. Definitely worth a shot... =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Out of all the $1 ELF brushes, this is the best one. I use it to apply liquid foundation. The brush itself may be a little small for some people, but I have a small face so it works fine for me. You have to be a little careful when applying in sweeping motions because it can leave a few streaks but a trick I use is to use a "stippling" effect before and after using sweeping motions to blend it out. It also gives better coverage. I just pat the brush on my face with moderate force to blend it out. I've used it several times and washed it a few times too. So far, no bristles have fallen out. I would defintely recommend this brush for liquid foundation use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by tseluyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, and who wouldn't at 1.50?! I have a selection of foundation brushes, some cheap ones and some ridiculously expensive ones and I'd say this one is definitely one of my favourites. Of course, you only get a good finish from this brush if you use it properly, it's not magical as some people here seem to think.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by dancer9999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this brush was pretty great for the price.
I used this brush to apply my tinted moisterisor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know a lot of people are complaining about this brush that it's useless and stuff, but i actually liked it. At first, i wasn't quite sure how to use this since it was so thin. This brush is only good to apply cream or liquid foundation, dont use it on powder or mineral foundation.
What i do is I use to this brush to dab the foundation on to my face, then after i evenly dab it all over my face, i then starts to smear the foundation with this brush. It actually works great when blending into jawline and hairline. This is also great for cream blushes or concealer too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by VickyS169318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush for only 1.50. Other brushes i have used always leave streaks and this doesn't, although its quite thin it still works especially for the price. I would actually be happy to pay more for it.