August 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by bijoubunnyx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a good concealer brush. It didn't blend well at all 'nuff sed. However, I do use it to apply liquid highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by BlackJay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Goodie! I like it. For blending in Concealer, that is. I even use this under the eyes (gently, of course), and it works heaps better than using my fingers. Gets better coverage too. And for the price you really can't beat it.
I can't see this as a foundation brush, though. It's way too flat for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by cchristinahhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

worst brush ever purchased! the price is wonderful though. well all E.L.F. products are great priced. anyways, this brush gives you major streaking and when you apply foundation it feels like your applying your foundation with a paint brush. the bristles aren't thick at all and you can't do much with it. i personally use it for concealing sometimes but i'd be better off using my fingers for that. not a good brush overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you're looking for a good, cheap foundation brush, this is a nice one. The bristles are soft and durable and I've experienced no shedding at all with mine. I wasn't expecting much for $1, but was impressed with the quality. It's not the greatest out there, but it's very usable. I prefer a larger brush because, frankly, I have a big face! LOL I would use this in a pinch, though, if my everyday brush came up missing or was being washed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This was the first foundation brush I ever used. Prior to purchasing it, I had been using makeup sponges to get my foundation on. I remember reading in an Allure magazine that about 40% of foundation gets absorbed into the sponge and doesn't even end up on your face. That's just wasteful. I saw this brush and because it was only a dollar, I couldn't help but scoop it up. My intention was to use it only temporarily until I could purchase a more high end brush. I loved this brush so much, I used it for two and a half years! I was impressed with what it did. I was able to get nice foundation application. I never experienced shedding. For one dollar I got so much more from this than I ever thought I'd get! This brush ran it's course and I could tell because the longer I had it, the streakier the application became. I know I just overused it. I have since been using the Chanel brush. That one has much more bristles and I have come to prefer that. For anyone looking for a great, cheapie foundation brush, look no further than E.L.F. !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love that this foundation brush has synthetic bristles. makes for easier washing. and it doesn't shed. for a cheap product, this is totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

This is just OK....I bought this as my first foundation brush experience.It is stiff and did not spread the product evenly over my face, it left streaks that were more work to blend in. I now use this to apply my masks. It works GREAT for that and I can get into every nook and cranny of my face. I would not repurchase this though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by PassatPatty

I know this brush costs a dollar, but I don't see that there should be any excuse for the incessant shedding of this brush. First time I tried to apply my foundation, 10 yellowish hairs all over my face. Then when I tried to use it to apply concealer, more yellowish hairs all over my face. Honestly, I have brushes that shed, but not like this. I hope this was a fluke, and I might buy another just to test. But if I had to choose a foundation brush, I'd buy another EoB Foundation brush. It's never shed on my and always gives consistent results. Just my experience...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

Have had this for years now and think its very good but honestly I have very rarely used this to apply foundation (I may have a long time ago). I mainly use this to apply under eye concealer, especially because I use foundation not ordinary concealer under my eyes; because foundation is more liquidy, not as viscous, as concealers tend to be, I need something that will deposit a good amt of color all at once as layering under the eyes doesn't work for me (looks like I've "layered" under the eyes if you know what I mean!). I don't use under eye concealers for the same reason, they look thick, cakey on me, no matter what;( However, after applying foundation under my eyes, I do use a teeny brush dipped in concealer to lighten up a few very dark spots nea the tear trough. This works well for me, and the brush is a keeper! It has also stood up to being washed many times, and still looks/works, just as good as it did at the start.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously amazing for $1. I hated having to wash my hands everytime I put foundation on.. so I can avoid that now! I'm defiantly liking the brush : )