October 22, 2014 | 1428 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG! My favorite e/s from MAC, excellent quality and so unique in color. I'm a GGG & love to wear this as a wash with Trax in the crease. This combination always gets me compliments :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jillyjill

Vex is so very special. A light grayish grenn with flashes of pink iridescence. I use it as a brow highlighter or alone with liner. Have paired it with Trax, Girlie, and Shale. I will repurchase. PPP, dk blonde/blue-gray for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Adraorien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty light green with pink duochrome. Great creamy texture. Looks beautiful with Shale or Fiction. NW15, green eyes, brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Why can’t the texture of MAC shadows all be like that of Vex? Most of my MAC shadows are dry, crusty, and difficult to blend, but Vex is the good child. The texture is silky soft and it blends like a dream by itself and with other eye shadows. The colour is a very light greenish grey with a silvery pink sheen. This is a fantastic highlighting shade for greens, blues, greys, purple, pinks…you name it! I also like to pack this colour on as a lid shade with the use of very dark and thick eye liner. I kind of wish that they would have made Vex as a Pigment so I could use it wet to bring out the pink sheen more (we all know what happens when we try to use MAC shadows wet—crusty and nasty texture.) Vex is one of the best and unique/versatile MAC colours out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just a soft, shimmery gray/taupe color, nothing special. I'm really dissapointed in it as I was expecting the pink/green opal effect. It's pretty if you're only expecting a gray.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2005 2:27:00 PM More reviews by angelwings25

Like some others have said, I wanted really badly to like this product because it had lots of hype behind it. I have fair skin and blue-green eyes, and this eyeshadow just looks grey on me...not a bad thing, but I expected it to be a lot more pink or green. I don't hate this one, but I'm not sure what other colors to mix this with to make it look good.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a colour that I love for my kit, but not on me personally. I am NC35 olive/yellow undertones and on me, this looks so pale and ashy. It does nothing for my skin tone or my eye colour. I really have to work this into other greens/pinks to get it to look pretty. That being said, I have seen this look gorgeous on some people. It is a pale silvery-grey with a green-pink duochrome. On the right skintone, the duo chrome really shows up and gives a pretty pink-green combo. I think if you're fair or just have a lot of different eyeshadows to play around with, you'll like this. This is something I would repurchase for professional (not personal) use. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Surfbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another one of MAC's excellent eyeshadows. It reminds me of Electra as they are both the Frost formulation; however Vex is silvery grey with a rainbow-y mother of pearl tint while Electra veers more towards silvery. Vex is also slightly sheer and I find that I have to put on a couple layers if I'm using it on the lid--as a highlighter to the brow bone you only need one layer. Great every-day shade that will work well on many skin tones. I have this e/s in the Snowgirl Eyesx11 palette (and I already used up my pot); I'll repurchase when the palette runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2005 6:24:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what is so great about this eyeshadow, except for nice texture. The color is blah, I don't detect any duochrome on my lids. Plain boring to me. Went straight for swap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by kavi484

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Could there be a prettier shade? Vex has all the luminescence of mother-of-pearl. I have NC45 skin, and on me it looks shell pink most of the time, but pale shell greyish-green in certain lights. Unlike most pale shades it doesn't wash me out or look chalky, just glowy and gorgeous. It's absolutely beautiful, and the powder is smooth and blendable. I love this.