MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 7/27/2005 10:07:00 PM

Makes a great highlight shade for most of the MAC shadows I own. I especially like pairing it with Trax, which is an idea I got from someone on here - thanks to whoever that was! I like vex, and I don't get the "corpse" look that some people complained about from it. I have blue-green eyes, for reference.

on 6/27/2005 3:41:00 PM

This didn't show up quite as green as I expected from the reviews, slightly more sheer than I thought it was going to be. However, nice, subtle, greenish-grayisy-pinkish wash for the lids.

on 6/17/2005 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this on, thinking it would be such a cool color. It ended up looking like someone had smeared ground-up chalk all over my eyelid. Not only did it make me look dead, but the texture was so chalky, I could hardly believe I was looking at a MAC eyeshadow. I'd never buy this color.

on 6/15/2005 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG! My favorite e/s from MAC, excellent quality and so unique in color. I'm a GGG & love to wear this as a wash with Trax in the crease. This combination always gets me compliments :-)

on 6/3/2005 1:46:00 PM

Vex is so very special. A light grayish grenn with flashes of pink iridescence. I use it as a brow highlighter or alone with liner. Have paired it with Trax, Girlie, and Shale. I will repurchase. PPP, dk blonde/blue-gray for reference.

on 5/13/2005 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty light green with pink duochrome. Great creamy texture. Looks beautiful with Shale or Fiction. NW15, green eyes, brown hair.

on 5/12/2005 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Why can’t the texture of MAC shadows all be like that of Vex? Most of my MAC shadows are dry, crusty, and difficult to blend, but Vex is the good child. The texture is silky soft and it blends like a dream by itself and with other eye shadows. The colour is a very light greenish grey with a silvery pink sheen. This is a fantastic highlighting shade for greens, blues, greys, purple, pinks…you name it! I also like to pack this colour on as a lid shade with the use of very dark and thick eye liner. I kind of wish that they would have made Vex as a Pigment so I could use it wet to bring out the pink sheen more (we all know what happens when we try to use MAC shadows wet—crusty and nasty texture.) Vex is one of the best and unique/versatile MAC colours out there.

on 5/2/2005 2:40:00 PM

This is just a soft, shimmery gray/taupe color, nothing special. I'm really dissapointed in it as I was expecting the pink/green opal effect. It's pretty if you're only expecting a gray.

Like some others have said, I wanted really badly to like this product because it had lots of hype behind it. I have fair skin and blue-green eyes, and this eyeshadow just looks grey on me...not a bad thing, but I expected it to be a lot more pink or green. I don't hate this one, but I'm not sure what other colors to mix this with to make it look good.

on 4/21/2005 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a colour that I love for my kit, but not on me personally. I am NC35 olive/yellow undertones and on me, this looks so pale and ashy. It does nothing for my skin tone or my eye colour. I really have to work this into other greens/pinks to get it to look pretty. That being said, I have seen this look gorgeous on some people. It is a pale silvery-grey with a green-pink duochrome. On the right skintone, the duo chrome really shows up and gives a pretty pink-green combo. I think if you're fair or just have a lot of different eyeshadows to play around with, you'll like this. This is something I would repurchase for professional (not personal) use. continued >>