July 31, 2014 | 1988 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by theamunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just don't know how anybody could not love this.... You know? That's probably the best feeling ever - when it comes to make-up etc... Either way: I feel like shouting out to the world, that people must go and get this.
So here's the drill: I have had chapped lips for as long as I can remember. Not so much during the summer, but autumn/winter/early spring pretty much makes my lips wanna peel. I'm not paired with those reeeeally plumped lips, but they definitely aren't small either. So I like them to look good - not glossy, not greasy - just natural and moisturized.
So I've been around every effing chapstick there is out there: Rosebud, Bigelow, Avène, La Mer, Nivea, Labello, Korres, Elizabeth Arden.... Oh, you name it. I've used ones from high-end and drugstore. And then I found this...
It appealed to me, as it looked and sounded so clean and natural.... "Burt's Bees". How could that NOT be good? Honey lip balm? Cheap (in my opinion). So I bought it.
And OH MY LORD..
- The smell = amazing.
- The consistency = perfect.. soft, non-greasy
- The duration = great.. it stays on your lips forever, so you don't have to re-apply every ten minutes.
- Other than that, it takes me absolute ages to use mine up, and the packaging is fine, I think. I do actually prefer this kind of packaging, as it's the most hygienic kind.... I don't like to think of the fact that you put dirty fingers into a jar and THEN apply it on your lips..... Ew.
So yeah. I'm in heaven. Over a chapstick. I use this a couple of times during the day (I always carry two with me and one on my bedside table) and once before I go to bed... Perverted amount, really. This stays my lips from chapping.
I think the key to this product is to use ENOUGH. It doesn't always dispose a whole lot, so make sure that your lips are really well buttered up in it :)
Sorry for my raving. I just can't live without this. One day without it, and my lips start freaking out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by amandalovesyou

its a good lip balm to maintain moisture but it is nothing it is a piece of dirt compared to my c.o bigelow rose salve i got this at bath and body and it is the best lip balm i ever had!! i love it i will never buy another lip balm again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MayaFrasier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well this looks like your average chapstick, at first. The packagings not anything new, its a bit pricier than normal drugstore products. I got the mango variant of this and it worked pretty well. It kept my lips hydrated for several hours. I like that its organic and it's waxy texture, it really keeps the moisture locked in for a couple hours. Works exceptionally well except it got stuck whenever I tried to twist it up. Container could be improved both functionally and aesthetically. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees, in my opinion, makes the best lip balm. I love this so much. I find this a lot more effective than their pomegranate one. It truly is Soothing, Cooling, and Refreshing.

Just a warning, if you've been using a different lip balm, this might seem ineffective at first. That is only because your lips are used to the other brand. Just give this a few days (depending on how often you apply) and you'll fall in love with it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

I love this lip balm so much! it really moisturizes my lips and it lasts on my lips for awhile! I also love how it feels on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Naadiaa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The minty feeling I get when I first apply this product is absolutely amazing. Leaves a moisturizing soft feeling on your lips. It also lasts for so long once you apply it on your lips, incredible. Very few chapsticks or lip balms can lasts for so long. I also like how far along it can last, package wise. Doesn't run out quick at all, which makes me feel like I got my moneys in worth. And ofcourse, it heels your lips so fast amazingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by serenityx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a gift set along with the pomegranate tinted, mango butter, and acai berry flavors. I just absolutely love how minty fresh it feels. I always get a tingling sensation upon application. The balm is just right in texture and it also last for 1-3 hours after application(seriously). The health of my lips has also improved tremendously.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I wish the stores around where I live carried it. I love how minty fresh it feels (although some people may be allergic or sensitive to peppermint oil) on my lips, especially during the winter. I even love how if you get the tin version, it will totally melt into a liquid during a hot summer.
I prefer to moisturize my lips with a good quality eye cream or face moisturizer (just a dab) and then apply this after it has sunk in. If I don't do that and my lips are dehydrated to begin with, then it won't do me any good, it's not very moisturizing and I'm okay with that. It feels more like a protective lip balm. Its waxy finish and feel are great to wear under a matte lipstick because it doesn't add any shine to your lips - they just look matte.

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its ok....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by brideie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On the spectrum of lipbalms which ranges from slippery/lotion-y to waxy, Burt's Bees sits on the waxy side. Waxy is good if your lips are not totally dried out, and waxy lasts a long time. However if your lips are parched, this lipbalm won't help much. The more lotion-like balms penetrate dry, chapped skin, but don't provide lasting relief. I use more than one lipbalm, and this is one I always have on hand.