October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this lip balm. I'd bought all kinds over the years and none had made me have the discipline to put it on on a regular basis as this one. I put it on last thing at night, right before bed, and in the morning my lips are soft and smooth. I adore the peppermint as well. I have a few stashed around so I'm never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaJenkins

I love this product as it works really well. I have incredibly dry lips in winter and they chap which is horrible. I've been using blistex products before and although they have worked well, I became concerned about them because they are not 100% natural. I read about how this could be very damaging and cause all kinds of problems (not sure if that is true or not!)
People have raved about this product - and seeing that its 100% natural and fairly cheap (3.69 from Boots, UK) I decided to buy it. I bought the original one and so far I am loving it!
It tingles when you put it on which some people don't like but I find it really refreshing. I does a great job or protecting lips and it lasts ages. It is really moisturising and as it is natural I am not worried about it harming me!
I would really recommend this to anyone with dry/chapped lips who is looking for a natural, super moisturising staple lip blam. I will always re-purchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I'll use this if I run out of the Cherry Culture house brand lip balms between orders. The Burt's only seems to work part of the time---sometimes it really dries out my lips and/or makes them peel---but it's the best lip balm that's readily available in my area. It works best if I keep it in my pocket to soften a bit. The peppermint flavor has grown on me; I prefer the scent/flavor of the pink grapefruit one, but it dried out my lips really badly and made me cough (I presume I'm allergic/sensitive to something in it).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I keep buying this product even though I have some problems with it. Burt's tends to be dry and waxy, but it is still better than other drugstore lip balms. The Original has a nice minty feel to it. I prefer the Grapefruit which is silkier, but I do use this one frequently as well. I have them stashed all over the place!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

They discontinued my favorite Medicated with Clove Oil balm, so I figured I would try this one out next. For years, I was dedicated to Blistex, but I tend to break out around my mouth and I'm curious if a more "natural" lip balm will help this. I do like the minty feel of this, but it's a bit waxy and dry for my liking. It reminds me of the Mint EOS balm. I preferred the slip of the Medicated Balm much better. I will use this up and try the other variations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by courtneyy

This is one of my favorite lip balms. I have the worst winter lips ever. They get so dry that they start bleeding and peeling. Before this, I didn't have any lip balm that would help with the dryness.
Then, my friend recommended that I buy this. I was a bit skeptical at first because it's beeswax...
I tried it and I hated the stinging feeling, but after a week, I could see some improvement.
Two months later, my lips are as smooth as a baby's butt. :) I definitely recommend this if you have chapped lips. The stinging feeling might get some getting used to, but after a while, it's really refreshing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nmiracle

I just don't get it. My husband and my sister love this balm- but for me, I use it a for a couple of days, and a week later my lips are peeling off in sheets. This balm just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't get the Burt's Bees hype or why it seemed to be sold everywhere from bookstores to electronics big box stores. It seemed like a fad at first, or at the very least, some sort of ingenius marketing plan.

My lips are constantly chapped in the Winter. I've tried more balms than I'd like to admit, including a few medicated ones. Nothing could stop my lips from peeling, getting rough, and irritating me to no end for 4 months a year. Then, Dr. Oz (yes, he may look like an elf but I like his show for the no-nonsense advice) said that he urged people with chapped lips to try a beeswax balm. I thought, "What the heck? I'll give Burt and his bees a try."

Now I understand why this is so popular. The minty smell and tingly menthol-like feel are great, but what makes this a standout is that it is the ONLY balm in my huge arsenal of non-petroleum-based balms that has healed my sore Winter chapped lips. They don't peel, they don't dry out, and they don't drive me crazy anymore. I ended up buying tubes for my purse, my desk at work, and my kitchen, so there's a tube handy at all times.

In the Spring/Summer I'll switch back to my Alba Un-Petroleum because it contains SPF and I prefer the flavors, but in the Winter, I'm all about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by completelynumby

Been using this balm for a day and my lips are no longer cracked, sore or dry. Very moisturising and nourishing. Leaves a pleasant, minty sensation on the lips. Brilliant for the winter weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a lip balm fanatic. I keep a couple in my purse, including this. When my lips start looking a bit chapped, I know I can depend on this to keep them smooth looking and hydrated. I love the smell and cooling sensation too. Works well for me when it's cold or when the air is dry. I have yet to try the honey version, but so far I really like this classic. It also works well as a lipstick base for me, so that's a plus. Will buy again