September 20, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

They discontinued my favorite Medicated with Clove Oil balm, so I figured I would try this one out next. For years, I was dedicated to Blistex, but I tend to break out around my mouth and I'm curious if a more "natural" lip balm will help this. I do like the minty feel of this, but it's a bit waxy and dry for my liking. It reminds me of the Mint EOS balm. I preferred the slip of the Medicated Balm much better. I will use this up and try the other variations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by courtneyy

This is one of my favorite lip balms. I have the worst winter lips ever. They get so dry that they start bleeding and peeling. Before this, I didn't have any lip balm that would help with the dryness.
Then, my friend recommended that I buy this. I was a bit skeptical at first because it's beeswax...
I tried it and I hated the stinging feeling, but after a week, I could see some improvement.
Two months later, my lips are as smooth as a baby's butt. :) I definitely recommend this if you have chapped lips. The stinging feeling might get some getting used to, but after a while, it's really refreshing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nmiracle

I just don't get it. My husband and my sister love this balm- but for me, I use it a for a couple of days, and a week later my lips are peeling off in sheets. This balm just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't get the Burt's Bees hype or why it seemed to be sold everywhere from bookstores to electronics big box stores. It seemed like a fad at first, or at the very least, some sort of ingenius marketing plan.

My lips are constantly chapped in the Winter. I've tried more balms than I'd like to admit, including a few medicated ones. Nothing could stop my lips from peeling, getting rough, and irritating me to no end for 4 months a year. Then, Dr. Oz (yes, he may look like an elf but I like his show for the no-nonsense advice) said that he urged people with chapped lips to try a beeswax balm. I thought, "What the heck? I'll give Burt and his bees a try."

Now I understand why this is so popular. The minty smell and tingly menthol-like feel are great, but what makes this a standout is that it is the ONLY balm in my huge arsenal of non-petroleum-based balms that has healed my sore Winter chapped lips. They don't peel, they don't dry out, and they don't drive me crazy anymore. I ended up buying tubes for my purse, my desk at work, and my kitchen, so there's a tube handy at all times.

In the Spring/Summer I'll switch back to my Alba Un-Petroleum because it contains SPF and I prefer the flavors, but in the Winter, I'm all about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by completelynumby

Been using this balm for a day and my lips are no longer cracked, sore or dry. Very moisturising and nourishing. Leaves a pleasant, minty sensation on the lips. Brilliant for the winter weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a lip balm fanatic. I keep a couple in my purse, including this. When my lips start looking a bit chapped, I know I can depend on this to keep them smooth looking and hydrated. I love the smell and cooling sensation too. Works well for me when it's cold or when the air is dry. I have yet to try the honey version, but so far I really like this classic. It also works well as a lipstick base for me, so that's a plus. Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by theamunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just don't know how anybody could not love this.... You know? That's probably the best feeling ever - when it comes to make-up etc... Either way: I feel like shouting out to the world, that people must go and get this.
So here's the drill: I have had chapped lips for as long as I can remember. Not so much during the summer, but autumn/winter/early spring pretty much makes my lips wanna peel. I'm not paired with those reeeeally plumped lips, but they definitely aren't small either. So I like them to look good - not glossy, not greasy - just natural and moisturized.
So I've been around every effing chapstick there is out there: Rosebud, Bigelow, Avène, La Mer, Nivea, Labello, Korres, Elizabeth Arden.... Oh, you name it. I've used ones from high-end and drugstore. And then I found this...
It appealed to me, as it looked and sounded so clean and natural.... "Burt's Bees". How could that NOT be good? Honey lip balm? Cheap (in my opinion). So I bought it.
And OH MY LORD..
- The smell = amazing.
- The consistency = perfect.. soft, non-greasy
- The duration = great.. it stays on your lips forever, so you don't have to re-apply every ten minutes.
- Other than that, it takes me absolute ages to use mine up, and the packaging is fine, I think. I do actually prefer this kind of packaging, as it's the most hygienic kind.... I don't like to think of the fact that you put dirty fingers into a jar and THEN apply it on your lips..... Ew.
So yeah. I'm in heaven. Over a chapstick. I use this a couple of times during the day (I always carry two with me and one on my bedside table) and once before I go to bed... Perverted amount, really. This stays my lips from chapping.
I think the key to this product is to use ENOUGH. It doesn't always dispose a whole lot, so make sure that your lips are really well buttered up in it :)
Sorry for my raving. I just can't live without this. One day without it, and my lips start freaking out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by amandalovesyou

its a good lip balm to maintain moisture but it is nothing it is a piece of dirt compared to my c.o bigelow rose salve i got this at bath and body and it is the best lip balm i ever had!! i love it i will never buy another lip balm again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MayaFrasier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well this looks like your average chapstick, at first. The packagings not anything new, its a bit pricier than normal drugstore products. I got the mango variant of this and it worked pretty well. It kept my lips hydrated for several hours. I like that its organic and it's waxy texture, it really keeps the moisture locked in for a couple hours. Works exceptionally well except it got stuck whenever I tried to twist it up. Container could be improved both functionally and aesthetically. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees, in my opinion, makes the best lip balm. I love this so much. I find this a lot more effective than their pomegranate one. It truly is Soothing, Cooling, and Refreshing.

Just a warning, if you've been using a different lip balm, this might seem ineffective at first. That is only because your lips are used to the other brand. Just give this a few days (depending on how often you apply) and you'll fall in love with it as well.