NARS Angelika

4.4

on 8/27/2006 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this blush. I love the color! it gives me a baby doll pink flush that i simply love. great for the fall/winter/spring. (it's not really a summer color.) i apply this with my mac skunk brush because this blush is VERY pigmented. The lasting power is great. I highly recommend. oh, and i'm an nc35 for reference.

on 8/23/2006 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i was looking for a new blush to replace dandelion because it's too sheer on my mac nc30 face. i really like this color, but i'm not in love with it. i couldnt decide between this, mata hari, or desire. i figured desire looked way to lilacy and matte so i ended up just getting this one. it's a really cute color that makes you look like a doll. i'm still definately keeping this shade in my collection though!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Before Angelika I only had one other Nars blush (Orgasm) which I didn't like very much bc it hardly showed up on my NC35 skin so I was sketchy about which Nars blush to try next. Everytime I went into Sephora I would walk around the Nars blushes for about half an hour until I swatched all of them on my hand. Nothing ever stood out to me. I finally decided that I wanted a pretty pink blush since my blush stash is full of corals and peaches. I bought Angelika on a whim and when I opened it I was in awe at how beautiful this blush really is. It's a pretty girly pink with slight glitter in it. I was a little scared that it wouldn't be pigmented on me but I was so surprised to see that it is! I am in love! Now I'm more anxious to try other Nars blushes. The only thing I don't like about the blush is the name (no offense to any Angelic(k)a's out there)!

on 6/20/2006 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After swapping this away about 2 years ago I decided that I know more about makeup now and can apply this correctly. I tried Dollymix first for that happy pink look but it doesn't have enough "life" for me and looked really flat on. Here comes back angelika! Yep, it is sparkly. Not glowy but definitely sparkly. I find the sparklies can be toned down with a swipe of another brush but I generally don't cause they wear off partially after a couple of hours. This is a very cool blush and looks great with a crisp white shirt and loads of smokey grey liner. For everyday I wear a very neutral eye, just AAE and some gunmetal liner and pale pink lips and it makes me look so polished.....and young! Yep, I'm 34 wearing this glittery pink blush but I feel like it gives me more youth and vitality to have bright cheeks in the spring and summer. I'm not sure I'll use this in the winter....we'll see. But it's still a keeper!

on 6/10/2006 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this blush!!! It's a very pink blush that's really perfect on my tan skin. I agree that it's really girly and feminine but not in a soft and natural way more in a rosey pink cheeks way. I use this mostly in the winter and it gives me a really fresh, vibrant look. Don't be aghast by the glitter in the pan, it really does not translate to the cheeks somehow.

It's funny, the lady at the counter kept on talking me out of getting it because she said pinks are really horrible on tan skin and kept suggesting boring brown and orangey colours. So I finally told her I was buying it for my sister :) I really think it goes perfectly with my NC35 south asian skin and probably would look nice on other skintones as well. Some days though, it can be a little too 'blushy' for me if I want a softer look. Also, although there are sparkles in the palette, they don't seem to transfer to skin at all. All in all, a very good blush. :)

on 5/29/2006 5:02:00 PM

this is my favorite blush of all time. i use it everyday. ive tried about 70 blushes, and this is one of the only ones ive kept.

on 5/14/2006 8:34:00 AM

I love girly pink blush and I think this is the perfect one for me! Although this looks glittery, but the glitters sure do not show up that obviously on the cheeks, which is why I love it so much. I love the girly, not too shimmery glow on my NW20 complexion :)

I would definitely buy this again, though I'm not sure how I'm going to do so, as we no longer have Nars over here :( (In fact, I'm totally in love with Nars blushes now!)

(I'm an Asian, MAC NW20 / Chanel 20 Clair / Shu 575, dark brown hair and eyes) continued >>

on 5/1/2006 5:29:00 AM

A true pretty dolly pink with silver shimmer. Angelika doesn't flatter me as much as my beloved Orgasm, but it's a cool toned pink blush that I need. The shimmery silver particles are rather big and don't end up on the cheeks. On me this is a cute bright pink that gives me a nice pop of color. Applied lightly and it looks very sweet and natural.

on 4/8/2006 3:38:00 PM

Beautiful cotton candy with shimmer. Looks so angelique! I thought it might look weird with my bright red hair, but it gives me this cute glow.
I am not a big fan of the sparkles, but I use a skunk brush and it does a better job.

on 3/24/2006 11:41:00 PM

I don't know why I bought this. It's too bright pink for me, and the chunky glitters are not very flattering. Also, you have to be extra light-handed when using Angelika, otherwise it will turn you into a cheap barbie doll...
I like other NARS blushes better.

Popular Blush Products