July 25, 2014 | 1749 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer is amazing and truly deserving of all the rave reviews! It really helps increase the lasting power of the eyeshadows. It dries relatively quickly (def wait before it dries completely before putting on any eyeshadows), and it doesn't crease or budge. I love UD eyeshadows, and this primer is the perfect companion for them. UD really knows their eye stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

I bought this because of all the great reviews and I agree, it is a fantastic primer. I got the Eden one, which is the same primer but it leaves a bit of a matte skin toned (light) finish. It truly helps my shadow last for HOURS. I have left my makeup on all night and gone to sleep and the eye makeup in intact and fresh looking the next morning. My complaint, though, is this being a squeeze tube, I have noticed that if I leave it lying horizontally on my dresser and don't use it for a couple of days, the actual primer and the lubricating liquid separate (like oil and water) so the next time I want to use it, I squeeze the tube and all this very watery, clear liquid pours out and it's gross. I have tried shaking it vigorously beforehand and also moving the contents around with my fingers by squeezing the tube with the cap closed but it doesn't work. So I found that storing it upright helps a bit. It still happens but not quite as much. My other complaint is the price, but it honestly lasts so long because you need just the tiniest amount, so really, that evens out. I'm very happy with this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the oiliest skin I have ever seen on a human being and this works for me. I can usually go through about half the day without any creasing, depending on the eye makeup I'm wearing that day.

I've noticed a lot of people on youtube who use this don't use it the same way I do, and this might be why so many people think it doesn't work. You have to keep your eyes closed until it sets, or else the product itself will crease and you won't be able to get the crease off.
If I'm using this with powder eyeshadows, I'll put a mattifying powder overtop of it once it sets, then the eyeshadows. If I'm using cream shadow, I put the cream on first (and let it set with my eyes closed) and then put powder over the crease area.
If you do this, most things will stay put. The only things I've found that haven't are a couple cheap gel eyeliners and cream eyeshadows that don't set. I use this even if the only thing I'm using is liquid eyeliner because even that will smudge into my crease after a few hours.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works but had to throw it out before I used it all, the expiration date was so soon. I don't think it's a necessary product because I prefer using cream shadows that have the primer in them already.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by deleybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the product that genuinely changed my life and opened my eyes to the world of makeup. I always envied people who could go out and have their eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day, but I thought there just was no hope for me and it put me off makeup completely. I didn't start wearing makeup properly until I was 18 - I'd found a YouTube video recommending this and used my birthday money to invest in this and an urban decay eyeshadow palette.

The only thing I've noticed is that people say the ELF eyelid primer (£1.50, 5ml) works just as good as this, if not better as the urban decay contains parabens but there may be better colour payoff from urban decay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What I do like is how well this grabs eyeshadows (and any product you may put on top of it). What I don't like is that it makes blending impossible. And I mean impossible. Even if I just wear one overall lid colour, because I can't then blend the edges out , my eyeshadow ends up looking undone and messy with harsh lines - not a look I like.
If this doesn't bother you, and you only care about your e/s not creasing, then this may be for you. Once it sets, it holds onto e/s throughout the day with no creasing (even on my super oily lids).

UPDATE May'14: They have since changed the formula of this and I tried it again. It now works amazingly for me so I'm updating my rating from a 3 to a 5! No more difficulty in blending issues but it still prevents creasing for the entire day! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

This product does what it promises to do and is heavenly in that regard, but the price brings me back to earth right again. I got this as part of the Naked palette, otherwise would not pay the astronomical price for this. I usually use Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer (check out my review for more info) which I find works exactly the same and as well as UD but at 1/3 the price or even less. In fact, this works less well for me because I find it takes longer than the Etude House one to dry on my lids.

This makes your eyeshadow last all day with minimal wear, even in humid Singapore where literally all other make up melts off your face. This also holds up different layers of eyeshadow and when you reach home at night, your eyes look almost exactly the same as when you left. I say almost because some wear is to be expected with tearing, touching your eyes and what not. So I would recommend this primer if you have the cash and don't mind paying for a wayyy overpriced product. I would gladly use this if it were free or on a huge discount but I would not buy it at the regular price. If you want something that works as well but costs 1/3 the price, try out the Etude House one. I've tried both and can vouch that they are equally good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolute holy grail this one. Tried too faced shadow insurance, but find that really drying. UDDP is perfect for me in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by SaturnineScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying I'm not a person that thought eyeshadow primer was necessary or made a lick of difference in make up in the beginning. I now consider myself begrudgingly converted.

I received this product as a free gift from Sephora. I had been having some problems with my shadows creasing by the end of my eight hour shifts due to my oily eyelids, but I didn't see how this could really help and balked at the price tag, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to see if this gunk really helped as much as everyone said.

I received it at least a month ago, and after eight hours, my make up either looks like I just applied it or has very minimal, barely visible creasing. It's phenomenal. I haven't noticed any change in color when I put on shadows with primer potion versus without as some ads/reviews have claimed, and any change in intensity is negligible. This product does inhibit blending some, but the pros of wearing it versus the cons tip the scale very much in its favor! As much as I hate the price, I'm going to have to buy some when mine runs out-- I can't go back to loosing my shadow before the end of my shift ever again!

My only qualm is the packaging-- I have the old style, not the squeeze tube, and I worry I'm not going to get all the product out for maximum value.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Henchwench

This is one of the staples of my makeup bag. I absolutely could not survive without it. Its one of those rare products that does exactly what its meant to. I paid around €25 for the bottle im using now and while it might seem like a lot for such a small bottle ive used it every day for over a year and its still got plenty left. I recommend this primer to everyone i know