September 17, 2014 | 1282 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Blondeone13

My daughter does makeup and recommended this. Just recently my eyelids have become very oily and I wasn't able to wear my favorite eye Longwear cream shadows. Eyeliners wouldn't even last 2 hours, but this is worth the purchase price!!!!! My BB Longwear cream eyeshadow as well as my powders last through the day, until I take them off!!!! I can wear just the eyeliner without it disappearing. Very good choice for me:) I did some reading before I my purchased, tried Benefit's primer and used an eyeshadow base, and concealer that was recommend by Bobbi Brown consultant. With the 4 choices of UD, I decided to stick with the Original color. The bottle has been updated to a tube and it's very easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been battling the creasing after 2 hours eyeshadow problem for years before I found this! The first time I purchased this, it was on the recommendation of a Sephora sales clerk who had on this bright and wild and crazy eye makeup (which was not my style and scared me!) and I thought, what am I getting myself into! But I am glad that I listened to her because she wasn't kidding. My eyeshadows don't budge for anything. So I have been using this for I would say about 7 years now. Originally I wasn't loving the packaging on this. That was the one downside. It came in a bottle with a wand and I felt that I was throwing away product because the longer you used it, the harder it became to extract the stuff from the bottle. I also found that I had been using too much of it with the applicator that it came with. I was so pleased that they changed the packaging on this to a tube you can squeeze the product from. I am no longer wasting or using too much product. A little tiny bit of this stuff on each eyelid goes a long, long way. You really don't need to use much of this at all to reap the benefits from it. What I also love about this primer is that it's colorless and literally lasts 24 hours. I had previously used cream color bases and everything else under the sun to stop that annoying creasing and nothing else worked. I can use this under those cream color bases and it makes the colors more vibrant and it keeps them where you put them. I don't find that it makes my lids too "sticky" which is not ideal for blending any colors that you layer on top. I actually think that this helps the blending process more than hinders it. It has definitely increased the performance of my shadows and color bases and I never do my eyes with out it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh brother! i must have the strangest lids ever or im doing it wrong. ( i have the one in the little tube) THis still creases like anything on me. I applied this morning and put on some clinique all about shadow on top and looked in the mirror and my lids are bare except for the line of caked up shadow in my crease.

Disappointment plus.

ive used it as mentioned above and with benefit creaseless cream shadown and colour tattoo (both with powder and without) and its always creases galore.

gah!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I am using the sample that came with the original naked palette. Its definitely a great primer and I finally understand what all the hype is about. This goes on smoothly and blends nice. My eyeshadows last longer and more intense.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by anhho

Love this product. It is easy to apply and it looks very smooth. It helps to even out the skin tone over my eyelids which makes my eyeshadow color pop. It also helps my eyeshadow last all day long.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is so inconsistent. I'm using the sample size that came in my Naked palette, and while I think it works better than, say, the ELF $1 eye primer, it is incredibly hit and miss. Some days, I can wear eye shadow for 10 hours without it creasing, other days, I don't even get 6 hours of wear out of this before my eye makeup creases. This is a problem since the only days I wear eye shadow and really need it to stay looking nice are days when I'm out of the house for 12 hours.

What I found the most odd was that it works better with eyeshadows that aren't from the Naked palette. I try to apply colors from this palette sheerly for a subtle daytime look, but they apply so unevenly with this primer and look patchy. So weird.

I love UD products and so I'm disappointed that one of their most celebrated products is such a flop for me. I think when this runs out, I'll look for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I finally broke down and bought this overrated primer and you know what? It's not that bad! You have to make sure you're applying this in a thin layer on hydrated eye lids because this is drying. Other than that it's pretty good my eyeshadows last all day. I really bought this because I was using buxoms eyeliner and that crap would run all over the place this stopped that from happening ever again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really confused when I first bought the infamous UDPP. It was my first foray into eye primers, so I initially thought I was using it wrong. Because it just didn't work for me.

I have eyelids that are really dry without moisturizer, and then super oily moisturized and with makeup on. Even experimenting with different moisturizers and foundations and concealers, I could not get this to work for me. Crease city.

Finally I switched to the Nars eyeshadow base and found a way to wear eyeshadow without embarrassment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow primer is really good. It does a good job of keeping my eyeshadow on all day. I have no complaints. The bottle it comes in is cute. You apply the primer using a wand (similar to a lipgloss wand). The product is scentless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a try when I was able to get it on sale...
I think it's OK, but I don't understand all the hype. Granted, maybe my expectations have been built up due to all the raves I've heard about this, but I like my NYX primer (in white) much better & it's a fraction of the cost of this & it also makes a significant difference in the intensity of my eye shadows.

ETA: I discovered a way to make this more useful to me...
I have found that this is good to use under my eyes with a dusting of powder over it prior to applying my eyeliner. This helps set my eyeliner, as well as keeping some (but not all) mascaras from smudging.
Still don't think I'd buy it again though.