April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-DEFINITELY prolongs the wear of your eye shadows! Great for oily lids. My eye shadows stay put all day and they look as good as they did when I put them on.
-I love how they have different versions. They have a shimmery beige version called "Sin" which is gorgeous as well. I like the original version as well though.
-The packaging is adorable. Definitely looks like a potion.

CONS:
-the price is a little high..especially since the ELF eye shadow primer is literally the exact same thing and only costs 3 bucks. I honestly would still be using it if I hadn't discovered the ELF one. If the ELF one just fell off the face of the earth I would go back to using this Urban Decay one in a heartbeat though!
-Hard to get a hold of! I wish Urban Decay was sold in more places. I can only get it online or at my Ulta which is pretty far from where I live.

Overall this is a great product, but if you're on a budget and hate splurging the 18 dollars for it the ELF one is just as excellent. Not bashing the Urban Decay one at all because I still love it very much :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I could not live without this primer. It is so smooth and creamy and it really does the biz!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this product out because I have heard such rave reviews about so when I bought my Naked palette I was pretty excited. But unfortunately it did not stay that way. I found that it did not truly get my eyeshadow to last any longer than it would without it and it make my eyelids quite greasy. I'm infinity grateful it came free with my palette because I would never ever purchase it on its own, especially because ELF makes an eyelid primer that is AMAZING and 1$. Its a no brainer in my opinion. I feel that with the Primer Potion you are forking over A LOT of cash for the brand not the quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kimleton1

Its leaves chalky marks where you've put it even if youve blent it well but its an ok primer. Packaging sucks (old packaging) but I think i'de just stick to my concealer or try a different primer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by gwenewg

I have oily eyelids and always had the problem of my eyeshadow creasing and they never stay which is sometimes quite annoying. This is a life saver product, it not just made me eyeshadow and eyeliner stay, it has also seem to get rid of my oily eyelids.

Thumbs Ho to this product,

Http://www.gwendolynme.blogspot.com

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample & was really looking forward to using it after reading many great reviews. This was very drying on my eyes, I actually wet a clothe and removed some before applying shadow because I could feel the tightness. Did my shadow stay on? Oh yeah, like it was tattooed on me, lol. If it was a long day/special occasion, then I could see using this. But for me on the regular no. It's just too drying & tight feeling. (like I hair sprayed my eyelids) I'll stick with Too Faced eye primer which holds well, but doesn't leave me so dry & tight. One thing I did notice in reviews is that many said they have oily eyelids so maybe this is why UD works so well for them. I have another sample which I'm going to give to a friend who also says she has oily eyelids and see if that's the ticket for this product. By the way, I don't have dry eyelids. They're just not oily. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by teacuppig

Overall, a really good eyeshadow primer. When I forget to use eye cream the night before, the primer does highlight a small dry patch I have near my inner corner, but other than that it does everything an eye primer should. But definitely get the tube instead of the bottle, it's much easier to get the product out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I've read a lot of good reviews about this item and decided to buy it the other day when I went to sephora. Eden was out of stock so I bought original instead. since I'm sticking to more natural and matte makeup products I didn't consider the other two, Sin and Greed, which can be used by itself as eyeshadows. Though the price is a bit too much for a student like me but I don't regret because I am surprised how great it works out for me ! It made my eye shadow stay on all day and really does make your eye shadow to appear more vibrant ! I live in the tropics so it's really great for battling humid weather. And also, it comes in a nice tube and really easy to squeeze. You only need a really small amount so one tube can last a really long time. This is the eye primer to go for. my huge HG ! Will definitely repurchase despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by LinaVictoria

This primer is a must for party make up that will last all night. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AnaPT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Get this stuff at Nordstrom Rack, they always have it in stock andit costs 1/3 the price!!! HG

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No