October 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For the $4 that I payed for this product, I wasn't expecting much. I'm not going to lie. This product isn't great but it does get the job done. It covered up some of my blemishes and my dark circles alright but it is pretty sheer so it really doesn't cover up bad pimple days or very dark circles from staying up all night or such. I woudn't have bought the stick in the first place if it weren't waterproof. This was marketed as a waterproof product but it still rubs off if it's wet. Still... I didn't know that before I bought it. There aren't too many concealers that are waterproof on the line, so I thought that I'd give this one a try. Bottom line- this product is okay, but I'd rather spend my money on a product that I know will be waterproof fully and with cover everything I need it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best d/s concealer stick I've found to date. The only caveat is that it takes awhile to blend and too much will get cakey. Benefit Erase Paste works way better IMO, but if I ever run out of that and need a quick fix I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like that this cover stick gives great coverage. It easily hides under eye circles and any other blemishes. The down side to this product is that it is very dry which makes it tough to work with. It does not spread easily on the skin and I find myself tugging at my face a bit just to spread the product around. One way to work with this product is to not directly dot in onto the face but rather work it in your fingers and dab it on the spots that need coverage. I think that this is a great inexpensive starter concealer that gives great results but it does take some patience to work with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Maybelline's Everfresh Concealer...but of course they discontinued it. I still have my old tube of that, but I wanted to look for a replacement when it finally ran out (sniffle) So I decided to try this. I chose the lightest one, which was the white stick...and it is waaay too light, even for a pale redhead like me! Plus this stuff is really thick, which would be good, but it's nearly impossible to blend in, so it looks really cakey. I might repurchase in a darker shade...but I think I'll save my money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by indiechick1111

Well this was one of my first concealers I've ever purchased and I was disappointed. It didn't give good coverage for under eye dark circles im fair-medium so the color i got was too dark for me. Yeah I didn't like it and I would not recommend it to anyone with severe dark circles perhaps to someone with mild dark circles or for pimple coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by kimdao90

I have been using this product for over 5 years! Even though at times it does look cakey when I apply, most of the time you can't even notice my acne scars. Unfortunately they don't have my correct skin tone, if they did that would've been great. The product is affordable too!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

The yellow color stick was perfect for my under eyes and problem areas but the texture was chalky, flacky and thick.

In order to have a smooth finish, I had to mix it with a load of foundation to reduce the chalkiness! I'm lazy I don't want an extra step.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This is my HG concealer for spots and acne scarring. It covers like nothing else. Im sure some other people find it too thick, but if used the correct way, it can be layered very lightly. when i use it to cover spots and even out my skin tone, it conceals all of the redness and irritation. I use light beige on my NW20 skintone. It is cheap and effective...what more could you want???!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years for my hereditary dark circles. The trick to using this, or any pot or stick concealer is to warm it up first and put on a moisturized under eye. I put a good dab of it on my ring finger, warm it up with my other ring finger and make a little paste, then place in a pushing motion right under my eye and in the dark inner corners. Just smoosh it in. It doesn't work well straight from tube, directly to eye. Warm up your thick-based concealers this way and they are easier to work with...at least for me.

EDIT: I'm taking off a couple lippies here because I just bought a new one and I think they changed the formula...it's not as dense and creamy as I have bought in the past and since a container lasts so long, they might have changed it....not sure? But warming up a concealer like I mentioned above does make it work better.

Tried again...... I'm pretty sure they changed the formula, not as pigmented or emoliant (sp) as I remember, so it takes more to cover....then it's drying

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

I used this to cover blemishes in the past. Coverage was good but it seemed like you had to apply more than one coat to really cover. Because you had to apply so much, you had a lot of caking. And on top of it, using so much concealer for my blemishes made me break out even more... which is a horrible cycle to be in.
I used to have friends and strangers comment on how obvious the coverage was. It's thick but blendable to an extent. Medium beige color seemed fine on my light-medium skin but it did change color once my skin turned oily later in the day. It's a great price and I used it for many years... but then you realize that there are better products that cost more. If you cannot afford to shelve out a lot of money, this is a pretty good concealer for the price.