September 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by indiechick1111

Well this was one of my first concealers I've ever purchased and I was disappointed. It didn't give good coverage for under eye dark circles im fair-medium so the color i got was too dark for me. Yeah I didn't like it and I would not recommend it to anyone with severe dark circles perhaps to someone with mild dark circles or for pimple coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by kimdao90

I have been using this product for over 5 years! Even though at times it does look cakey when I apply, most of the time you can't even notice my acne scars. Unfortunately they don't have my correct skin tone, if they did that would've been great. The product is affordable too!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

The yellow color stick was perfect for my under eyes and problem areas but the texture was chalky, flacky and thick.

In order to have a smooth finish, I had to mix it with a load of foundation to reduce the chalkiness! I'm lazy I don't want an extra step.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This is my HG concealer for spots and acne scarring. It covers like nothing else. Im sure some other people find it too thick, but if used the correct way, it can be layered very lightly. when i use it to cover spots and even out my skin tone, it conceals all of the redness and irritation. I use light beige on my NW20 skintone. It is cheap and effective...what more could you want???!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years for my hereditary dark circles. The trick to using this, or any pot or stick concealer is to warm it up first and put on a moisturized under eye. I put a good dab of it on my ring finger, warm it up with my other ring finger and make a little paste, then place in a pushing motion right under my eye and in the dark inner corners. Just smoosh it in. It doesn't work well straight from tube, directly to eye. Warm up your thick-based concealers this way and they are easier to work with...at least for me.

EDIT: I'm taking off a couple lippies here because I just bought a new one and I think they changed the formula...it's not as dense and creamy as I have bought in the past and since a container lasts so long, they might have changed it....not sure? But warming up a concealer like I mentioned above does make it work better.

Tried again...... I'm pretty sure they changed the formula, not as pigmented or emoliant (sp) as I remember, so it takes more to cover....then it's drying

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

I used this to cover blemishes in the past. Coverage was good but it seemed like you had to apply more than one coat to really cover. Because you had to apply so much, you had a lot of caking. And on top of it, using so much concealer for my blemishes made me break out even more... which is a horrible cycle to be in.
I used to have friends and strangers comment on how obvious the coverage was. It's thick but blendable to an extent. Medium beige color seemed fine on my light-medium skin but it did change color once my skin turned oily later in the day. It's a great price and I used it for many years... but then you realize that there are better products that cost more. If you cannot afford to shelve out a lot of money, this is a pretty good concealer for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for under-eye circles, I find it leaves them looking a bit ashy.. but it's not that noticeable. This concealer is fairly easy to blend however, I just swipe some underneath my eye, and blend it in with my fingers. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this concealer for undereyes, and it's not too drying. I can't use it on the sides of my nose though, because it's too drying in that area. The shades are kind of limited, I have the medium shade, and it's still quite light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grease paint, Batman!!!

The color(ivory) matched my skin, it covered well, lasted a long time, covered my dark circles perfectly, and it makes a great eyeshadow base, but it gave me a zit the size of a nipple on my cheek. It also dried my skin out really bad & caked up like crazy. I don't understand, I used to use this all the time with no problems. Maybe they changed the formula? I'm debating whether to return it or just use it only around my eyes. But it makes my eyelids dry & flaky, so I dunno. Ugh.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

for the anti redness cover stick. I wasnt very impriessed with this, I brought it mainly because of the price. Its a good colour green in the tube and when you apply either directly or with your finger or brush it seems really creamy and i thought it would blend really well. however it doesnt and it becomes cakey and dry very quickly. because of this i find it draws more attention to the area. also because i do have some dry skin as well it highlights this. I would say if you are looking for a green tone product maybe a liquid product would be better.
However I also have this in fair and nude beige. As with the anti red it is really creamy out of the tube but unlike that one these stay creamy and are really easy to belnd which I love. I use the fair one around my top lip to make it look bigger and the nude beige has become my everyday concealor. its a perfect colour me and as i said i love the way it blends and it doesnt dry out. which is nice as i use it around my nose and there is nothing worse than a flaky nose! I think for the price these are great (I paid 1 each). really like the nude beige so would definatly buy that again, but in my opinion steer clear of the anti redness one.