Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 7/29/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff! i have extremely oily skin so its hard to find a powder that wont leave me shiny by lunch! but stay matte pressed powder is different..... it leaves your skin flawless and beautifull (ALL day) it is a bit pricey but for people with shine problems it is sooooo worth it! i use it everyday and it has lasted me about a year! i am very impressed.....another wonderful product from clinique!

on 7/9/2007 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my HG, but when i discovered MAC Blot Powder (cheaper too!), i only use Stay-Matte to correct my 'bad-match foundation face'.

Pros: Great colour match- NC40, i got 03 Stay beige, sets my mu, lasts quite a long time, more than 7mths of everyday use!

Cons: Green coloured compact, hmmm (me anal? no!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this powder a lot, and I'd recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin, because this doesn't make your skin break out. This is perfect to wear even without a foundation underneath, because it provides a lot of coverage.

on 7/7/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for quite some time and never really thought of it's bad points at the time. it was my first powder and i never looked into anything else for a long time. my mom was just like ok let's get you clinique and i was like ok. but i got sick of the way it didnt help my oil production AT ALL. sure, you got that matte look when you first apply..but like 1 hour later or sooner oil is back. plus it looked so cakey and felt so gross after reapplying 3 times a day. i'm sure it wasnt doing anything great for my skin either since applying it that much would certainly clog up pores..or just cause bacteria. overall, this powder isnt horrible..and i actually didnt mind it for a long time. i just wanted something that would help my oilness more. the packaging is nice, btw. this product is good for non-oily people.

I do like how it makes my skin feel but I just don't like the look of it! I much rather use L'oreal True Match powder so I have gone back to that without finishing this compact. It just doesn't blend into my skin nicely and it just doesn't look like a high end cosmetic product should look like. I definately would not recomend it even thought the casing looks nice

on 6/2/2007 4:53:00 AM

I love love love this stuff.
I've always used Clinique blended powder (loose) but it's not ideal to carry around for quick touh-ups. I wasn't sure about getting a pressed powder to put on top of the liquid and loose during the day, but then I discovered the Invisible Matte shade, which is perfect for every skin tone! It just blots out shine and minimises the look of pores without caking or adding any extra colour. This stuff is AMAZING! I carry it everywhere with me!!

on 5/25/2007 12:49:00 AM

If memory serves me correct, over 2 years ago, the SA recommended the Brandy which was way too dark for me and it also darkened throughout the day. At that time, my complexion had darkened due to a severe reaction to anti acne topical ointment and I had to search for another powder since my current one at the time was then too light. I recall my mom seeing me and she immediately knew something was off w/ my complexion! Luckily for me, I was able to get a refund on it. ALso, it didn't control oil/shine well. Would not recommend it to anyone who has shine/oil control problems.

on 5/23/2007 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was excited about trying this product because it was the new translucent. I do have golden undertones in my skin, but this still left somewhat of a yellow cast on my face. I have tried to like Clinique's products but they just don't work for me. :-(

on 5/20/2007 7:45:00 PM

Looks natural when applied with a brush but with the sponge it tends to get a little too thick and powdery. Eliminates shine well and its great that its oil free. I am hesitant whether I would buy this again, because it tends to looks to cakey at times.

UPDATE: I have tried MAC's blot powder and prefer that much more. It is a lot less cakey and looks more natural.

on 5/11/2007 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I liked this powder a lot. As the name implies it left my face looking matte, but not washed out. Stay Neutral was a good match for my skin tone. Occasionally, it looked a bit too "powdery," but that might have just been because I applied too much. Overall, I probably won't purchase again because I am trying to use more natural cosmetics.