September 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this makeup. I have been using it for years. Almay is the only drugstore makeup that my Dermatologist said I could use. I have olive skin with more yellow undertones, so I have a hard time finding good shades. Most of the shades in this line have a Pink undertone, but I have found a good one for winter and summer alike.

This does not cause breakouts, even though it's a liquid foundation, and it doesn't dry me out. I even used it while on Accutane.

Once I cannot get much out of the bottle, I put some moisturizer in it and then use it more like a tinted moisturizer in the summertime. It has an SPF and it lasts forever....

This will forever be my go to foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this foundation.it does help with blemishes!and it has a nice finish.i got the one for oily skin types and it does help a little with my oily skin but not a huge difference.i will be buying this product again (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product recently because i wanted to try an inexpensive light foundation that i knew for sure wouldnt clog my pores because i am SUPER acne prone. I'm around NC30 right now and Sand was a pretty good match, i find their shades tend to run a bit light however. In any case, i really do like the feel of this foundation, its very smooth and blends well. However at some points i found it kind of stuck to dry patches, but i dont think thats the foundations fault because my skin tends to get chapped because of my topical antibiotic i use at night. In any case its nothing a little blending cant fix. I like to mix it with my EL double wear light too just because the DWL is a little dark, but i find it evens my skin tone, covers up a few acne scars and stays well alone also!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Armywife3409

I belong to the minority of acne prone girls who dislike bare minerals. Its messy, it looks unnatural on me even after years of practice, and it doesn't offer enough coverage. Liquid makeup, however, always breaks me out into horrible horrible breakouts all over my lips and forehead, sometimes my nose too. With all the effort I put into my skin care, its devastating to look dirty.

So I picked this up on a whim without even reading any reviews, hoping that it might help me underneath my bare minerals. I threw those stupid tubs away! Occasionally I use mineral veil over the foundation when I'm particularly oily, but this stuff has cut my routine down from using foundation, bronzer, concealer and a veil.

I hate the construction of the container though; it is heavy, bulky, and has a propensity to leak down the sides. I also think its a smidgen expensive; but I'll keep it around, that's for sure...if it had a better price point, packaging, and a bit more staying power, it'd be hg for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Texture is amazing. Can't lie about that. I've been using it for about a month now. When I first started using it I would apply it to my entire face, and my face didn't react quite well, whether it be because of the medicine in it or for some other ingriedient. In other words my face broke out pretty bad. So I immadiately stopped using it all over my face. I didn't wanna quite give up on it. So I use it ONLY on my prob areas to see if it was really what broke me out. So far it hasn't made my probs worser nor has it made em any better. I prob wouldn't buy it again because to me it seems sketchy. Just doesn't really show me anything for me to want to buy it again. Sure the texture is great, but my Revlon Colorstay has amazing texture too if not better. Anyway it's a big bummer for me, I really wanted it to blow me away or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ashfor

Okay, I have been using this product to about a 4 days now. I know It's a bit early to do are review, but I thought I should do one anyways. ||| This product is really light weight and doesn't look cakey or orange. I'm not sure about the healing acne part - ( I haven't been using it long enough) - but it's a really nice light foundation recommended for teens and +. This is the only foundation that I have found my true color, I'm seriously PALE, like a ghost, not even kidding. I'd say it lasts up for 7-9 hours, which is good for a drugstore foundation.

Pros: Light weight
Does not turn orange
Good color choice if you have fair/light skin
Pretty good long wearing

Cons: None so far (lets keep it that way)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice foundation, long lasting, but a bit yellowish for my skin tone (the shoppers near by had only "naked" shade available at the time I decided to try it) and.. it broke me out so won't re-purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Shaylynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is just as good as the $45 Jane Iredale foundation I used to wear. I was done paying so much just for my skin to look decent (I'd given up all hope of having perfect-looking skin). I picked this up just before a friend's wedding, hoping to look okay, since there would be a lot of photos taken. I looked great! It covered up everything without looking artificial. My only complaint is that even the lightest shade is too dark, so I mix it with a little sunscreen. The bottle doesn't bother me, but it's not spectacular either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Melmode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this product with hopes that the 0.6% of salicylic acid and its formula for oily skin, would give my face flawless and pimple-less coverage. I must say that I am truly satisfied.
I first tried this foundation on with a stipple brush and used a light dusting of Maybelline Dream Matte Powder over top as a finishing powder. My face stayed shine-free for hours! The next day I had no breakouts at all. Another great thing about this foundation is that its very transfer resistant, i must say it beats out Maybelline's Superstay, yet its a lot easier to remove.
I gave this foundation an overall rating of 4/5 because the foundation doesn't have any SPF in it at all, I usually like foundations with SPF in them. However this is understandable, as sunscreen can be worn under makeup.
This foundation cost about $13 CAD at Wal-Mart, and I would day that's about the right price for a good drugstore foundation.
The packaging quality could be a little better, like most drugstore foundations it lacks a pump. The easiest way to use this foundation is by pouring a small amount on to the back of your hand and taking it from there. The consistency of the foundation in the bottle is a little thick (thinner than SuperStay), but feels very light on the face. The coverage is buildable but can get heavy easily, so always remember a little goes a long way...it really does with this foundation in particular. I find i am using 1/4 to 1/2 of a dime sized amount and that covers my entire face perfectly. This foundation can double as a concealer, all you need to do is add a little more makeup to the places you need more coverage.
Another plus for this foundation is that it contains many natural ingredients that help to nourish your skin, without causing irritation and harm that harsh chemicals do.
Obviously, i love this foundation with a passion and will not hesitate to re-purchase in the future.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by shadesofsanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros -
* Feels nice on your skin, not like you have a mask on
* has buildable coverage, which is great if I'm having a bad-breakout day
* It's resilient! I had a terrible day and ended up crying for quite some time, and expected to see a mess when I looked in the mirror, but the foundation hadn't budged.
* Is relatively easy to touch up throughout the day
* easy to blend

Cons -
* The packaging, ugh.
* The lightest color is still a bit too dark on me (I'm sadly kind of used to that)
* With or without primer this settles into my smile lines pretty quickly
* Doesn't necessarily clear my breakouts (but doesn't seem to aggravate them either)
* A bit pricey

all in all it's not my absolute favorite foundation but it's definitely one that has worked better than most others for me