October 30, 2014 | 1649 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by idhren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I got this product I was actually supposed get the Strobe Liquid, but it had ran out, so the nice girl suggested I tried this instead. It was winter so she told me it'd be especially good as it moisturizes the skin.

I'm glad with the product - I use it on my cheekbone and sometimes on my cheek to even out redness - as it reflects light, it lightens the skin. I've discovered this product to be very creamy though, I'd liked to use it to cover my whole face with it to give all over glow, but with Strobe Cream the result would be way too oily and shiny. Liquid would do better with that. My skin is pretty fair and has redness, so for me the pinkish glow is just great.

It has never caused me any skin problems, and as you need just a little bit of this to give your cheeks amazing shine, the 50ml tube lasts long. Next time I'd like to try Strobe Liquid though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I Looooooove this product!!!! The best under makeup moisturiser ever!

It gives an irridescent glow - no sparkle just radiance! I'm NC40 olive/ beigy skintone and my makeup has never looked as good as it has since i've started using strobe cream.
I don't mix it with my foundation like others do, i just apply it before.

I agree with the below reviewer though with the packaging! Completely foolish design as it can not stand up on its own for very long due to the lid being round [MAC please fix this :) ]

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MsAnthropy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok product.

Im a light skin black person (Beyonce, Sanna Lathan skin range)
I tried to use this mixed in with my foundation but it gave me a slight whitish cast.

Warm golden highlighters such as their Strobe Tint and Skin Shimmer work much better to produce a lovely glow for me.

If you're tanned or dark check those out instead.

I could see how this might work well for a white/ hispanic person though.

As many people have mentioned below this is how the Victoria Secret Angels get their glow. I actually spotted a tube of it lying on a table in backstage shots of one of their shows.

Best when used under or mixed with foundation.

Packaging is whack. It wont stand up b/c the cap is rounded.

Edit: Upon further consideration this is a decent highlighter for black folk, when used on forehead, cheeks and chin. I dont recommend it along the jawline and edges of the face b/c it creates a disparity between the rest of the skin that i find a little stark and a little clownish.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Bartley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me firstly say that I have never broken out from a product before. But this made me errupt in very angry, very painful red spots across my cheeks and forehead. I have counted seven spots so far.

The first time i used this, i mixed it with my SFF. It made my foundation blotchy and streaky, feeling almost impossible to set. The day after I broke out with one sore spot on my cheek. I decided to try again the next day with this as a base. Straight away my skin looked more even toned and super luminous. When I applied my foundation over it, my skin looked the most gorgeous it has ever looked. It was smooth, luminous, glowing. Every product applied like a dream. Half way through the day, however, my foundation [studio fix fluid] began to wear off a little, something i've never had before.

I woke up the next day with four new, very large, angry spots. They are painful and red, and so upsetting. Today [the day after] I have woken up with two more painful spots - even though i didn't wear strobe cream again.

I'm now too scared to even attempt to try Strobe Liquid instead, my skin has never looked so bad. I only ever break out once or twice a month if that, and now i look as though i suffer from acne. I'm so upset.

However, i realise that if you have dry skin, this will make your skin look amazing. I would definitely rec. a sample first though, i never expected to break out, and now my skin has never looked worse.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by valdezc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strobe Cream is good to use for highlighting an exact spot because you can get it just where you want it. Miss the old packaging because it was more simpler and easier to control the amount of product you want. It gives your face a nice healthy glow without looking like you were trying too hard. Shows up very natural on my NC44 skin. Would repurchase just because it blends very nicely with my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by faerus

I use the strobe cream when my skin looks dull and tired because it really brightens the skin and gives me that perfect healthy glow. I also like to mix it with my foundation before a night out for a nice dewy effect. And it never turns oily or messy on me like so many other brightening product. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Bourgeoisie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent! However I didn't find it to be the greatest highlighter and on my dark skin it showed up rather pink. It blended nicely with my foundation for that gorgeous 'summer glow' look and acted as quite a nice primer for my foundation as well. I used it up pretty quickly and definitely plan on buying some more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I was working at another counter in a department store years ago and a MAC girl recommended it to me. I was hooked immediately. I would wear it alone, it woke up my complexion and gave it a luminous finish. It also works great as a primer underneath foundation. Love it love it love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love to use this with my MUFE HD foundation I also have the strobe liquid which is just as amazing as the cream the only difference to me is that the liquid seems to have more opalescent, iridescent, and luminous colour to it if that makes any sense. Any who this is what I do with the strobe cream it looks really good on cheek bones but mixed with your foundation. So I apply my foundation first brush or with my fingertips then i mix a little strobe with my foundation on the top of my hand and gently pat it on using my fingertips or a sponge where I need a highlight or whatever you're comfortable with. This is a very light moisturizer with the pigment that I described above but I like to use it as a highlight hope this helps! =O)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by winkcat

Under or mixed with foundation this works for me. Over foundation, it highlights every pore and imperfection. Also why is the lid curved - it won't stand on end!