MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 11/23/2009 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the texture! My face is so smooth after application. It's summer where I'm at the moment and today was about 32 degrees celsius. I have oily skin so with my skin type and the non-sweating situation today, my face still feels moisturised but not oily. I was given a sample of Strobe Cream by a MUA at MAC so I only have a tiny amount. I have to use it slightly more than my normal moisturiser for my face so I don't know how long a normal tube would last. Eventhough it's quite pricey, I'll definitely still purchase it.

on 10/28/2009 7:51:00 AM

I really love this product, it gives you a great subtle glow, like a natural cream version of MSF. I wear it on its own, with a touch of concealer in the daytime as I like the natural look. It has a pearl-ish colour when you squeeze it out, and blends into the skin creating a gorgeous glow. Looks dewy and fresh, great for winter. May be too much in the summer months. For reference, I have combination skin.

on 10/26/2009 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i would say i love this product wheni use it but can live without it if that makes any sense. probably not. haha
i tend to mix it in with my foundation to get a very natural look and i love it for this purpose. everything glides beautifully and my skin feels amazing, maybe i will be using it more now winter is hitting us. im combination skin and so dont tend to use in summer. but a good product!

on 10/26/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this product - hate the price and package. I feel like I could go through the bottle quickly and that every last drop would not get used since its in that funky bottle. However-- I love how this cream. It makes my skin look and feel impeccable after application. I have no idea what people are talking about with the disco/glitter business, upon first trial I was so afraid I was going to look like a crazy person. Never happened. My foundation looks dewy and flawless -- and I don't even see any sparkles. For the price I do not know if its worth it though... could I just use this as a winter primer ? Maybe. Still on the fence.

on 10/10/2009 11:02:00 PM

I tested the strobe cream and liquid and I mixed them a little bit but the liquid was very shimmery and had a pink/lilac cast to it. I liked the strobe cream better, it was more luminous and glowy. When it comes to a highlighter I don't like to look shimmery, I just like a glowy shiny look when my face hits the light. Im only basing this by my test on face but I think I might compare this too "Boots no 7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion"

on 10/8/2009 12:57:00 AM

I was first excited to get this product because anything promising to give me luminous skin will suck me in right away.

I couldn't tell which to choose, the liquid or the cream but after quickly asking the SA who said that the cream is more moisturizing, I chose the cream without a second thought - I have very dry skin.

After trying it out as a highlighter and a moisturizer, it just didn't work out. The texture is just so sticky as an all over moisturizer and using it as a highlighter over my foundy just caused the product to move around. It helps a little if you mix the cream with water or fix spray.
I still wish I had gotten the liquid instead. The liquid feels alot nicer and lighter.

My favorite make-up artist at MAC gave me a sample of this. I was a bit iffy at first, using a moisturizer other than what my Dermatologist would recommend. But I ran out of night cream one night and decided to use this instead. My skin absolutely love this! No break-outs, does not make me oily (considering I have oily skin) and gives me a certain glow when worn under foundation. I will buy a full size of this.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for five years now. I love it. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it looks great under my foundation, especially when my skin is dry. I don't like wearing it during summer because it will look way too shiny, however it is perfect for winter. Get a sample for mac before you purchase it and if you like it, buy it. I'm still in search for a cheaper luminizer.

on 9/20/2009 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

An alright product. Nothing to write home to your lover about.

on 9/15/2009 2:09:00 PM

I have been eyeing this for a long time. I usually request a little sample pot of it along with any other MAC purchases I make so I was kept going for a little while like that anyway but finally I bit the bullet (a $28 bullet)- while this is NOT the most expensive highlighter I own, that goes to Armani Fluid Sheer- it certainly is the most skin-care centered item. Had this been ONLY face shimmer, I never would have bought it. However it is CHOCK-FULL of antioxidants and my skin feels GREAT when I wear it. So I wear it like a moisturizer, and its shimmery characteristics are a distant second. A pea-sized amount is perfect for me, so I imagine this will last at least a year with regular use...