Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this cleanser! It has a great texture and a light, pleasant scent. Leaves my skin feeling super clean and refreshed, but not tight. I find some cleansers for oily skin to be too harsh and drying. I love how gentle this one is. No irritation whatsoever. It's gentle enough that you won't overdo it if you are using another acne treatment but still helps regulate oil.

Initially, this product seems to be a little bit on the pricey side but a little goes a very long way. It lathers up quite nicely. A bottle of this stuff lasts me ages! You definitely get your money's worth.

The packaging is convenient with a twist open cap. Very easy to use. Sometimes some of the gel gets on top of the cap and as there's nothing to close over it, it dries up and looks kind of messy. I would also like for the whole lid to be removable, so that I could reuse the bottle. Those are my only complaints. Not even enough to take a lippie off!

Overall, a fantastic product! I'm on my third bottle now.

This isn't an exciting product, but it works. I've bought this cleanser several times as my skin has changed from very oily and acne prone to dry with hormonal breakouts. After a brief flirtation with Dermalogica's Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, which broke me out horribly, I slunk back to this cleanser. It cleans thoroughly, although it isn't the greatest for very heavy eye makeup, doesn't strip the skin, and leaves my skin healthy feeling without being overly dry. The packaging is clever and efficient. I'd love something more exciting! fun! with promises of adventure and perfect skin! but this one is reliable, dependable, and overall, I should just learn to appreciate what I have :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Liked this at first but something in it flares up my seborrheic dermatitis so I can't use it. What a shame. I liked everything else about it (except the slightly high price). It's well worth trying if your skin is oily, even if it's only a little bit. The cleanser is thorough yet quite gentle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like most Avene products but this gel is my favourite. I have been using it for 7 years with Cleanance K. It cleans skin well and suitable for VERY sensitive skin.
However, this gel will not remove all the cosmetics from your skin (depends how much cosmetics you use). So, I would advice to use it after a cleansing water/milk.

My #1 cleanser for years, followed (for years as well) with cleanance cream. Nice delicate smell, removes makeup perfectly and leaves me pimple-free (with changes when I change my cleanser) I don't mind the price since I love the product so much. I just wisg the packaging came in a pump bottle and then it would be my HG (although it is no matter the packaging :D)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Initially, I found this to work well. After a couple of weeks, had the feeling it 1) just wasn't removing my (limited) makeup, and 2) left a funny residue afterwards. Took ages of rinsing to get it off (with London water, to be fair).

I absolutely love this cleanser!! I have very sensitive skin that tends to get a little oily during the day and has the occasional breakout. Not only did this reduce the number of skin imperfections, it also controlled the oil without drying out my skin. If I remember correctly, it fights acne without the use of benzol peroxide OR salicylic acid which I find very harsh on my skin. With this being said, you don't need to worry about getting it near your eyes. It also removes face/eye makeup very well. I also reccommend the cleanance toner and moisurizer. It's just such an excellent line of skin care!!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is for oily skin as what it says. Do not use if you have any dry patches as it dries you out. When I was younger, I had oily skin and some acne and a bit of sensitivity from the acne. My dermatologist actually recommended me this cleanser. This cleanser helped greatly. I would recommend this for oily, acne prone skin, and to stop using it once your skin gets normal. Very suitable for teenagers and young adults. I would not recommend if your combo skin has really dry patches as it can be harsh on those patches. I would say this is a very specific product that treats a specific problem. This is not a cleanser for everyone, but it really works as what it says so I'm giving it 5 lippies.

First off, I love the packaging - the twist top is really handy, especially for travelling. I've been using this for about two weeks and at first I hated it - my skin seemed to get oilier which is exactly what I didn't want! But I stuck with it and now my skin stays matte but comfortable all day. I have quite sensitive skin and am prone to light acne but this cleanser doesn't irritate or strip my skin at all. My spots are definitely getting smaller and my pores seem to have shrunk too! I am impressed and as long as nothing changes I will repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My favorite cleanser, hands down. I have very sensitive skin, I'm acne prone, but I'm not all that oily, and I find that this cleanser really fights acne, but gently so. A little goes a long way, as I've been using this stuff for over a year and I'm only on my second bottle (and my boyfriend borrows it, too!). I wouldn't recommend it if your face is particularly dry, but if it's normal/combination/oily and you're having trouble finding a powerful cleanser that won't like, strip your skin of all its natural goodness, this is a great product.
UPDATE: Holy hold holy grail. I tried to stray and try other cleansers but I've learned my lesson. This is the one.
Word to the wise... look at the ingredients before you buy stuff, people. If something gives you a bad reaction you might be allergic to something in it, so don't immediately blame a product if it doesn't work for you. We're all different!