November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got it from my sister, hence I selected 'dirt cheap' :)
It does the job pretty well; lathers into a fine foam, it's not irritating my face at all, which is great since my skin is on the sensitive side.
The bottle is quite big, so this product lasts forever. Been using it for 6 months and I still have loads of it. A good buy, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I have normal/dry skin, and this stuff does not cause me any further dryness. I've been using this for a few months and I've decided I like it pretty well, doesn't seem to cause me breakouts and it's a pretty good cleanser. I use it with my Clarisonic. But, in order to get all my makeup off at night, I have to do do an initial wash with this stuff and water with my hands, then I go behind with a second wash with the Clarisonic. great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 5:51:00 AM More reviews by huongttlan

This is my second bottle of Avene Cleanance for blemish-prone sensitive skin and I already feel like I will stick with this cleanser forever. Usually I'm quite a difficult person and change my cleanser like girls change clothes... But well, my skin is much better when I use this one. Basically I use this one together with Stives Apricot Scrub and sometimes with Helen Mint Julep Masque.. Sometimes, I do use L'occitane cleanser though but for the morning SOMETIMES only (when I just want to switch). This one is really my everyday cleanser... Love it love it...

I think the price is not expensive at all and rather cheap 'cause one bottle can last me for a few months (no kidding at all). I do really highly recommend this one. I never try to stock up for anything but this one is really an exception lol....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as part of my regimine the regulating lotion, the purifying toner/lotion and the Cleanance K and it has completely cleared my acne. I am in love with the Avene line and will never use anything else ever again- my Holy Grail routine.
I have the odd blemish like any one else now, but before my skin really was a mess. Within a week of using this and the other products I mentioned, my spots were gone and my skin was clear and smooth.
It doesn't irritate my senstive skin at all- even the toner (I have had big problems with toners stinging- every one I have tried! Except Avene)
It really does what it promises. Not too expensive as it lasts forever- like all Avene products (the Cleanance regulating lotion runs out faster I find, as you need to use more).
Give it a go if you have senstive but spotty skin- or even if it's not sensitive.
I am so pleased I tried this as like I said- my HG now!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this and have to say I really like it. I have sensitive, dry/combo skin and this cleans my skin well, removes make-up and leaves my skin clean and refreshed. It doesn't dry out or strip my skin like some cleansers do. The gel doesn't really foam with water, which I prefer and a bottle lasts a long time. Used alongside Queen Helene Mint Julep facial scrub and Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Lotion, I seem to have a winning routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by esuko

i have oily and acne-prone skin. i started using this product almost 2 yrs ago and i must say this is really good! it cleanses my skin really well, without overdying or overstripping.. i think it can remove light make-up really well too!
i do not know if it helps with controlling sebum production, but so long it doesnt overdry my face and cause breakouts, am fine with it..
this is so far the best facial cleanser i've ever used.
i got it for AUD$23 and it lasts for sooooooo long. i think for almost a year with twice daily use! i highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am at my 4th bottle.
This is great.
My skin is not as oily as before and everybody can see it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Rabbers

I tried this product after being a loyal user of Dermalogica's Special cleansing gel. I still love that product and think it smells great, but I really wanted to give some of the thermal water products a try. So i bought this cleanser and the Cleanance K. The gel cleanser doesn't smell as great as the Dermalogica one but I think it suits my skin much better! I have suffered from chin breakouts since I was about 20 (now 26) and sometimes they can be quite cystic and nodular. Occasionally I get smaller more manageable spots too. This cleanser has really helped with both - I very rarely get the smaller spots and the larger ones are much reduced! It doesn't feel tight after cleansing.
I will definitely buy again, especially as it is the thermal brand I can get easily in the shops over here in the UK although I will definitely try similar products from the other thermal brands if I can find them!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

I bought this a few years ago for the first time because my dermatologist recommended it. I had more acne back in the days. it really helps clearing up acne and preventing it too. I use it before bed these days and use a different one in the morning (clean and clear morning burst) and avene definetely makes skin soft, non-greasy, doesn't make me break out or dry the skin. It's the best cleanser out there, IMO, for those with combination/sensitive skin. I dont really like the packaging though, it's kinda messy i would prefer it with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by kallaki

i have a really challenging skin problem- dealing with seborrheic dermatitis the last 6-7 years. i break out a lot,especially in the chin area, and this product is the only cleaning product that i can use 2-3 times a day without drying my skin out. it feels really fresh, guaranteed removes all make up and prepares the skin perfectly for other cleansing regime or/and make up.
in Greece it's 11 euros and that's quite reasonable - the bottle lasts forever.
i'll definitely keep on using it, as well as other avene products.