Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

3.9

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2012): The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate. The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 12/21/2009 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Ive tried SO many different cleansers out there and this one is my fav! Its very gentle but also removes all my makeup completely, even the waterproof mascaras come off very easily. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE how a little goes a long wayyyy....Ive had my bottle for about 8 months or longer and I still have maybe a months worth left, you realli only need about less then a dime size to clean your whole face.

I can also just wash my face with this and go to bed and my skin doesn't feel tight, I have combination skin with dry chin and cheeks and it balances out those parts along with my oily area. LOVES IT!

on 12/19/2009 5:41:00 PM

I love this cleanser so much its the best ive ever used, and ive tried everything out there! I have had very oily problematic skin in the past and since i started using this cleansing gel alongside some other avene products from the cleanance range my skin has cleared right up. It lathers up well and is very gentle on my skin. Doesnt cause my normal type cheeks to become dry at all but througly cleans away all my oil on my t zone. I love the packaging especially the nozzle as it has such a simple idea but so covenient and hygienic. I have been using this cleanser for quite a while and only a little bit has been used. For this product to work effectively you only need a tiny blob of it. A little goes a long way. HG wash off cleanser def!

on 11/26/2009 2:22:00 AM

The doctor recommended this to me at the National Skin Care Centre. Love the smell and texture of it . I have sensitive skin and this cleansing gel is gentle on me. Its a good everyday wash and i'm not going to switch brand unless i find something better.

I rated 4 because of the price and it's not fragrance free.

on 11/21/2009 7:38:00 AM

I got it from my sister, hence I selected 'dirt cheap' :)
It does the job pretty well; lathers into a fine foam, it's not irritating my face at all, which is great since my skin is on the sensitive side.
The bottle is quite big, so this product lasts forever. Been using it for 6 months and I still have loads of it. A good buy, I guess.

on 11/19/2009 11:46:00 AM

I have normal/dry skin, and this stuff does not cause me any further dryness. I've been using this for a few months and I've decided I like it pretty well, doesn't seem to cause me breakouts and it's a pretty good cleanser. I use it with my Clarisonic. But, in order to get all my makeup off at night, I have to do do an initial wash with this stuff and water with my hands, then I go behind with a second wash with the Clarisonic. great stuff!

on 11/18/2009 5:51:00 AM

This is my second bottle of Avene Cleanance for blemish-prone sensitive skin and I already feel like I will stick with this cleanser forever. Usually I'm quite a difficult person and change my cleanser like girls change clothes... But well, my skin is much better when I use this one. Basically I use this one together with Stives Apricot Scrub and sometimes with Helen Mint Julep Masque.. Sometimes, I do use L'occitane cleanser though but for the morning SOMETIMES only (when I just want to switch). This one is really my everyday cleanser... Love it love it...

I think the price is not expensive at all and rather cheap 'cause one bottle can last me for a few months (no kidding at all). I do really highly recommend this one. I never try to stock up for anything but this one is really an exception lol....

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have been using this as part of my regimine the regulating lotion, the purifying toner/lotion and the Cleanance K and it has completely cleared my acne. I am in love with the Avene line and will never use anything else ever again- my Holy Grail routine.
I have the odd blemish like any one else now, but before my skin really was a mess. Within a week of using this and the other products I mentioned, my spots were gone and my skin was clear and smooth.
It doesn't irritate my senstive skin at all- even the toner (I have had big problems with toners stinging- every one I have tried! Except Avene)
It really does what it promises. Not too expensive as it lasts forever- like all Avene products (the Cleanance regulating lotion runs out faster I find, as you need to use more).
Give it a go if you have senstive but spotty skin- or even if it's not sensitive.
I am so pleased I tried this as like I said- my HG now!

on 10/25/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this and have to say I really like it. I have sensitive, dry/combo skin and this cleans my skin well, removes make-up and leaves my skin clean and refreshed. It doesn't dry out or strip my skin like some cleansers do. The gel doesn't really foam with water, which I prefer and a bottle lasts a long time. Used alongside Queen Helene Mint Julep facial scrub and Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Lotion, I seem to have a winning routine.

on 10/24/2009 7:48:00 PM

i have oily and acne-prone skin. i started using this product almost 2 yrs ago and i must say this is really good! it cleanses my skin really well, without overdying or overstripping.. i think it can remove light make-up really well too!
i do not know if it helps with controlling sebum production, but so long it doesnt overdry my face and cause breakouts, am fine with it..
this is so far the best facial cleanser i've ever used.
i got it for AUD$23 and it lasts for sooooooo long. i think for almost a year with twice daily use! i highly recommend this.

on 9/15/2009 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am at my 4th bottle.
This is great.
My skin is not as oily as before and everybody can see it!