April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this product is very overrated. I got a small size bottle with my clarisonic, and it was ok. If you look at the ingredients list, there's absolutely nothing impressive there, there's no special properties to this product, it cleans your face and that's about it. I'm convinced that a lot of people buy this because of the hype and the name "philosophy" on it. It's really no greater than a $5 drugstore cleanser. Just my 2 cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had mild breakouts on my face for the past few years and tried all the top-rating cleansers that are sold at drugstores to try to clear my skin up. After awhile I figured it must be something internal (diet, hormones, yadda yadda) and slowed down my search for that miracle product. That was until my mother (who swears by the stuff) gave me a bottle of Purity for Christmas. My skin is really looking better and I will absolutely be sticking with this product. In conjunction with my Clairisonic Mia, this cleanser removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh. It is gentle and non-drying but obviously you should still be using a moisturizer with it. As a side note, the Purity bar soap has been great for the rest of my skin, helping to calm down the small exzema patches I have on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kimberlymichellex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love Philosophy products, and this is definitely my favorite. I use this every day to cleanse my face at night, and usually a very little amount will take off almost all my makeup (if I have a lot of eye-makeup I use a bit more). I have normal-dry skin, and this cleanser is quite moisturizing compared to other cleansers I've used (Noxzema, Aveeno). It doesn't require a lot of rubbing this product around to get my makeup off, which I really like. Wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a long time purity user. I will go and try other cleansers and I always come back. Never any irritation really removes eye make up. Recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jensen2027

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this last year... not a bad cleanser... I was looking for a cleanser I could buy on the store shelves instead of the sage facial shampoo Ive been using since 2001 that I have to purchase online only.... This cleanser cleans my face it just takes a bit more pumped out to really feel clean... but it doesn't break my face out. They had a small trial size which was perfect and is great for trips.Overall a good cleanser but sage is the HG of cleansers!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by wq13

This is a great cleanser!
When my skin is irritated or dry, I use this in the shower to take off my makeup because it's more gentle than my other cleansers and it takes off makeup wonderfully without me having to scrub my face. You do have to work the cleanser into your face for about 30-60 seconds for it to clean well though, but I don't mind.
I have one of the larger bottles of Purity and I don't really like the packaging... at all. The bottle is very stiff and when I squeeze it, I usually end up squeezing too hard and too much product comes out. It's a pretty expensive cleanser, so you don't want to be wasting some product every time you use it. They should definitely come up with a better design for the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I've heard so much about this product, but just recently bit the bullet and bought some during Sephora's Black Friday sale. I like it so much that I went and bought some more in the Boxing Day sale, so now I've got quite a stock.

It really does melt everything off--oil, sebum, dirt, makeup, everything! Makes my face feel very clean, almost squeakily so, which is great for oily skinned gals like me. I feel that it might be drying for normal or dry skin though, since my face gets a bit tight when I don't put on moisturizer fast enough. No scent either, so it's great for sensitive skins. I've been using it with my Clarisonic, which works quite well because there's no little beads in here that could be too abrasive.

Great cleanser overall, but the price makes me sadface. I would really recommend picking this up in a sale, but for a normal price, I would go for a drugstore alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by karen360

Pros
- does a really good job of removing eye make up and foundation
- smell is decent
- removes dirt and oil

Cons
- drying
- have to make sure to really wash it off otherwise the residue on face feels uncomfortable

overall, I think it's an okay cleanser. I feel like it's a little too strong though. It removes make up no problem, but also seems to remove ALL the oil i have on my face to the point that it's drying. A little too strong of a cleanser for me. I stopped using it after 2 months. I use the remainder to clean my brushes now and it does a superb job of making my smashbox brush hairs white again as if they're new.

I personally wouldn't recommend it. If it does such a good job cleaning my brushes, perhaps it's a little too strong for a facial cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like how clean it removes but it broke my out for some reason. Like fancl cleansing oil did too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jrr3573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this face wash. It does an excellent job of removing makeup, even mascara. I know if it can do that, it does a good job of removing dirt and oil. I love the way it smells and it makes my face moisturized. I will definitely buy this again when I am out. The only thing that could make this better is if it had a pump.