April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a long time purity user. I will go and try other cleansers and I always come back. Never any irritation really removes eye make up. Recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jensen2027

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this last year... not a bad cleanser... I was looking for a cleanser I could buy on the store shelves instead of the sage facial shampoo Ive been using since 2001 that I have to purchase online only.... This cleanser cleans my face it just takes a bit more pumped out to really feel clean... but it doesn't break my face out. They had a small trial size which was perfect and is great for trips.Overall a good cleanser but sage is the HG of cleansers!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by wq13

This is a great cleanser!
When my skin is irritated or dry, I use this in the shower to take off my makeup because it's more gentle than my other cleansers and it takes off makeup wonderfully without me having to scrub my face. You do have to work the cleanser into your face for about 30-60 seconds for it to clean well though, but I don't mind.
I have one of the larger bottles of Purity and I don't really like the packaging... at all. The bottle is very stiff and when I squeeze it, I usually end up squeezing too hard and too much product comes out. It's a pretty expensive cleanser, so you don't want to be wasting some product every time you use it. They should definitely come up with a better design for the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I've heard so much about this product, but just recently bit the bullet and bought some during Sephora's Black Friday sale. I like it so much that I went and bought some more in the Boxing Day sale, so now I've got quite a stock.

It really does melt everything off--oil, sebum, dirt, makeup, everything! Makes my face feel very clean, almost squeakily so, which is great for oily skinned gals like me. I feel that it might be drying for normal or dry skin though, since my face gets a bit tight when I don't put on moisturizer fast enough. No scent either, so it's great for sensitive skins. I've been using it with my Clarisonic, which works quite well because there's no little beads in here that could be too abrasive.

Great cleanser overall, but the price makes me sadface. I would really recommend picking this up in a sale, but for a normal price, I would go for a drugstore alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by karen360

Pros
- does a really good job of removing eye make up and foundation
- smell is decent
- removes dirt and oil

Cons
- drying
- have to make sure to really wash it off otherwise the residue on face feels uncomfortable

overall, I think it's an okay cleanser. I feel like it's a little too strong though. It removes make up no problem, but also seems to remove ALL the oil i have on my face to the point that it's drying. A little too strong of a cleanser for me. I stopped using it after 2 months. I use the remainder to clean my brushes now and it does a superb job of making my smashbox brush hairs white again as if they're new.

I personally wouldn't recommend it. If it does such a good job cleaning my brushes, perhaps it's a little too strong for a facial cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like how clean it removes but it broke my out for some reason. Like fancl cleansing oil did too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jrr3573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this face wash. It does an excellent job of removing makeup, even mascara. I know if it can do that, it does a good job of removing dirt and oil. I love the way it smells and it makes my face moisturized. I will definitely buy this again when I am out. The only thing that could make this better is if it had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall, I really love this product!
It makes my skin feel super clean and even helps with the few breakouts I have every month. I originally bought the 8 oz. bottle for $20 from Sephora. I think it's a good price because although it's a smaller bottle, the product works well even using small amounts. With this product, less really is more! Although the scent may not be the best, look on the bright side; there's no harsh chemicals to make it smell better. And the scent isn't horrible to begin with anyway. Another bad thing is if the product isn't completely rinsed off, it leaves my skin feeling very tight. Besides that, this is definitely my HG cleanser!

pros -
- amazing cleanser
- leaves skin feeling super clean
- removes even the most waterproof mascaras and eyeliners
- a little goes a long way
- helps with acne (an added bonus I wasn't expecting!)

cons-
- scent may be strong
- if not completely washed off, residue will be left making skin feel tight

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by winkingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am constantly trying different products so I opted for the 3 oz sample - size bottle, which gets a low rating for packaging as the cap is screw-off. BUT, I noticed in store at Sephora that even the larger bottles were screw off or a squeezy top - didn't they used to sell this as a pump?

I have repurchased this product at least 3 or 4 times over the last 10 years because it is a solid, gentle, nice-smelling cleanser. It doesn't do anything to improve my skin, but it is a solid standby for a basic cleanser. The name "purity" is fitting. I like using it with my Clarisonic because the Clarisonic is so abrasive I like to balance it out with an extra gentle cleanser. A good, mid priced cleanser, I recommend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Curlyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I like this product or not. It cleanse my face very easy and there is no makeup left after cleaning, but my skin feels dry afterwards.. I don't even have a dry skin or so and I also use the 'Hope in a Jar'. Before I started using the product I never had any problems with my skin looking a little too dry. First, I assumed it was my Chanel(perfect lumiere) foundation, but later on I realised that it was the Purity Cleanser.(I used an another cleanser for a while).
Pro; it's very affordable, a little goes a long way and it cleanse your face very good.