September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My FAVORITE Mac lipstick, one of the best reds I own. Mac's website description calling it a coral red is VERY untrue & misleading this lipstick has NO warm tones let alone orange/coral. Ruby woo is a neutral, SLIGHTLY blue based, ultra dry matte but still applies even. The signature Mac vanilla scent is even more potent due to its dry texture. Make sure to scrub the lips several times & let your lip conditioner soak a few minutes before applying. After that I line my lips w/ NYX rose brown, fill in my lips w/ a little NYX red hot (cancels out muddy lip color), and then apply ruby woo. This is a great red to wear during the day. Iíll wear this bronze/mulch on the lid or sable & sketch, even looks great w/ wood winked. Mac matchmaster 8.5 (for reference)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by malika

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

simmply the best matte red on the market! great staying power and compliments all skin colors. it's bright so it os probably best to downplay your eyes and let this lipstick do its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Makwupjunke87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best red lipstick I've ever found! This lipstick is the perfect shade for my medium olive toned skin and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. The color is highly pigmented, so you get a true color result on your lips the first time around . . . Even without lining your lips or filling them in. The only downfall about this lipstick is that it is quite dry. However after buffing your lips and prepping them with some balm (which you've allowed to absorb into your lips), this lovely matte red will go on like butter. It's fabulous, in my opinion for day or evening. Enjoy ladies, this one is definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jgranger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this lipstick! If you're looking to feel classic and sexy this should definitely be your choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by rosemua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone always goes on about this lipstick which is why I bought it. I love wearing reds and I thought this might be perfect. While the colour is beautiful, I find it super drying and hard to actually apply. I keep my lips moisturised/exfoliated so I know it's not my lips. Maybe I got a bad tube? I'm not sure, but I wasn't very impressed. If they could use the same colour but in a more moisturising lipstick I'd be happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm dark skinned black and would never have normally considered red lipstick. But this lipstick looks as great on me as it does on my Asian and White girlfriends. Give it a try ladies x

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by shadyngozi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this red! Makes me look like a classy pin up girl lol. It lasts for a good amount of time too it's very bright and a true red. I think it looks really good on just about anyone. WoC don't be afraid to try this bright pretty classic red.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by shehneela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ma NW 35 i am tan skin with pink undertones..its soo hard to find a lipstick tht looks good on my skintone! rubywoo is awesum!! it is soo sexy when i wear it! its a blue red lipstick so it makes my yellow teeth luk whiter! i love the colour to core but it is very drying!! i have the most driest lips on the earth so its a prob i cannot wear this whenever i want! the lipstick tends to come off easily too so its very imp to paint yr lips with any dark red lip liner den put ruby woo on top! btw i also want sum1 to suggest me wht other colour will suit nw35 skintone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm in love with this lipstick! I used to be intimidated by red, but it really is all about finding the right red for you. When I tried it on at MAC, literally everyone working there complimented me on it. I know they have to sell, but it was a first having multiple people compliment me on a lipstick. And they say to go with nude lippies and avoid darker lipsticks if you want fuller lips, but I've found that wearing a matte lipstick along with a well-matched lip pencil works quite well. Ruby Woo goes perfectly with MAC Brick lip pencil. Because I have dark hair and pale skin, I really feel like Snow White with this on.

I admit that the lipstick is dry, but it makes me feel so pretty that I couldn't care less. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! I had my eye on it for months before I bought it and I am SO glad that I did. It is a true (retro) red and I get compliments on it everywhere I go. It is long lasting and can last close to a whole day on me. Not to mention it smells SO good! The only cons to this product is that because it is matte it can be drying on the lips and tougher to apply if you are not experienced with lip sticks. Other then that it is my favourite red lipstick! Yet another MAC lipstick I have fallen in love with. (If this colour doesn't suit you don't get discouraged! MAC has a shade of red for everybody!)