July 23, 2014 | 2198 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm in love with this lipstick! I used to be intimidated by red, but it really is all about finding the right red for you. When I tried it on at MAC, literally everyone working there complimented me on it. I know they have to sell, but it was a first having multiple people compliment me on a lipstick. And they say to go with nude lippies and avoid darker lipsticks if you want fuller lips, but I've found that wearing a matte lipstick along with a well-matched lip pencil works quite well. Ruby Woo goes perfectly with MAC Brick lip pencil. Because I have dark hair and pale skin, I really feel like Snow White with this on.

I admit that the lipstick is dry, but it makes me feel so pretty that I couldn't care less. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! I had my eye on it for months before I bought it and I am SO glad that I did. It is a true (retro) red and I get compliments on it everywhere I go. It is long lasting and can last close to a whole day on me. Not to mention it smells SO good! The only cons to this product is that because it is matte it can be drying on the lips and tougher to apply if you are not experienced with lip sticks. Other then that it is my favourite red lipstick! Yet another MAC lipstick I have fallen in love with. (If this colour doesn't suit you don't get discouraged! MAC has a shade of red for everybody!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MelissaKay88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ruby Woo is a must have staple in my makeup bag! It's the perfect red matte lipstick for my NW-40 skin tone and has fantastic lasting power. I line my lips, apply Ruby Woo over top and I'm good to go for at least a few hours (unless the weather is really warm in which case I have to re-apply more so). I'd previously tried MAC's Russian Red shade before and while I really liked the color when paired with certain makeup looks it felt too 'orange-y' for me, one time wearing Ruby Woo and I'm a believer!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by SaraE318

Ruby Woo!! It's a pretty good red lip. It's more on the darker side of red which is cute. I actually picked it up last Halloween for my Clown costume is was perfect for my yellow blue and red outfit. I made a heart lip out of my color and it lasted for a few hours as bright and bold but by the end of the night it was fading and slightly looked like lip liner. Still a good color to mix with other lipsticks! I'd recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Ella90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best red lipstick ever! i feel like million dollar when i wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Crissaay

LOVE LOVE LOVE RUBY WOO! If you love lipstick, then you must own this. Ruby Woo is classic and original. It looks similar to what Rihanna wears (could even be). Few weeks ago I thought I had lost it. So, instead of buying a new one, I thought about searching for something similar to it, and even better. I even did research online to see what red lipstick others preferred. Everyone said Ruby Woo. I bought five other lipsticks, and none of them "pop" like Ruby Woo. Especially the matte finish (*make sure your lips are exfoliated/moisturized), it was hard to find a blue-toned red lipstick with the perfect matte finish like Ruby Woo. I was so sad that I was going to just buy a new one... until it unexpectedly showed up in my room -__- LOL! Ruby Woo is classic, and I recommend those who haven't tried it to try it, buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by christinafermin

For its color alone, this lipstick is a must have! It is the perfect red for anyone. The only downer for me is that the lipstick doesn't stick to the inner ring of my lips which is visible when I talk.. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing color. It sucks that this lipstick is very drying. I had to exfoliate my lips right after wearing this because my lips were chapped badly. Thus, I can only wear this lipstick once in a while. Otherwise, my lips are going to suffer horribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by pinkkpikachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!! It is matte so it can be drying, but that also means it has a lot of staying power. It's a tad expensive but well worth the money, you wont find any true reds that look this good on EVERY skin color at the drugstore. This lipstick looks retro, but also very sophisticated. I thought I would look trashy with this bright red color on my NC42 skin color, but I look very elegant. Especially with the matte finish on my oily skin. I LOVE IT! WILL REPURCHASE!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I will make my two cents short and sweet:

Absolutely gorgeous true bright red. Makes teeth look white and brightens complexion. Perfect for that pin-up, sex kitten look. I cannot imagine how this would look bad on anyone. Flawless, gorgeous, perfection.

Drier than the Sahara. The driest lipstick known to man. Did I mention it is dry? None of the mattes are even half as bad as Ruby Woo but I can deal because the colour is heavenly.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No