October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

This is a fantastic day to day wear mascara. I started using it years ago after I received it in a gift with purchase, and fell in love with it. It has a great consistency and a nice brush which makes application easy, and doesn't cause clumping or flaking. It rinses out very easily without makeup remover.

It definitely adds a lot of oomph to my lashes, in terms of both thickening and lengthening. But if you're looking for something dramatic or something to wear on special occasions/nights out, there are probably better mascaras for that on the market.

I used this daily for years, then later switched to High Definition Lashes just because it adds a little more "drama" to my lashes. That being said I can still vouch for this mascara, and I do think you get your value for the price. The only reason why I docked a lippy is because it doesn't last very long before drying out. It looks great for about a month, then gradually the formula begins to dry and by the end of month 2, your lashes dont look as fantastic as they used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my goto everyday mascaras.

I have super fine short lashes = i.e. without a really great mascara, I look like I don't have lashes...

This is a great mascara. Lengthens my lashes and gives it volume without clumping! I have used it as an everyday mascara since Clinique first bought it out.

For a more dramatic look, I use the Clinique lash primer and Estee Lauder's Double Wear on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good mascara! It looks very natural, and it is virtually impossible to get flakes or clumps with it. It defines each lash very well. I don't know if I would repurchase, though. It is kind of low definition, and hardly noticeable from a bit of a distance.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I'm surprised by all the good reviews for this mascara. I happen to think this mascara is boring, unless layered with another mascara. The results I get with this mascara are lengthened, but natural -- nowhere close to high impact. I'm pretty sure there are drugstore alternatives that can give the same effect.

I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I always get this mascara as a sample size, i must have like four of them lying around. Just lately I've been using it and I actually really like it! I always put a ton of coats on so a big thing for me is whether the mascara allows me to do that without getting clumpy. This product definitely allows me to do that. The brush isn't too bad, it looks like a typical cylinder brush, not too big, not too small. If you get a sample size of it, it's worth a try.
Mascara is extremely subjective, it really all depends on your lashes, eye shape and how you apply it. So I suggest trying before buying - if possible!
Overall, I like this mascara, and might buy it, but I do have quite a few samples left to go through!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lilysmom72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Low impact is more like it. I can't use this one alone, have to layer with a thickening and lengthening mascara. It just does nothing. I will use it up but not repurchase.

Update as of November 2013 - okay i'm not sure what happened if they perhaps reformulated this mascara but I'm so much more into it the second time around! I received it as a point perk from Sephora a few months ago and wasn't at all excited to try it again but I'm glad I did. I really like the volume it gave me. I do still layer it with a lengthening mascara but I do that with every mascara. I would actually buy this one now!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Angiedamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara it really does give length to my eyelashes and it has a natural look to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this mascara is anything special, its natural and subtle but I'd rather buy a high street mascara for everyday use and splurge on a more dramatic mascara for nights out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Shaimal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara barely did anything for my lashes, I would much rather go out and buy drugstore rather than spend my money on Clinque. It seemed to have a natural, barely there effect, something like Max Factor Masterpiece mascara. It's nice for a natural look, easy to take off. But it's not as extravagant as the name suggests. I currently use Diorshow Iconic mascara and I actually feel like I'm getting my money's worth by paying for an expensive mascara.
Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MacaroonMad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent quality! Even though the price is high, the product is worth it!! Quite clumpy but when used carefully, is effective and lasts all day. Lashes look full, long and beautiful. Would definitely buy again.