Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It doesn't flake or smudge, but if you have moderately thicker lashes, I don't see how this works on you. It barely applies to my lashes, can't build up and looks like I didn't even put mascara on. High Impact? hmm... not so much. At least it didn't flake.

on 1/1/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a good mascara, it's not horrible, but it's not SUPER good. It will separate and lengthen but not voluminous and it's a little clumpy. I will not repurchase since I think that drugstore mascaras are just as good, if not way better! I will stick to my CG lash blast, and rimmels sexy curves.

on 12/29/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just average. Does not clump my lashes and gives them volume but it does not add much length. And I don't like the brush at all. It's fine for an every day mascara but I don't hink I'll repurchase.

on 12/29/2012 4:46:00 PM

I am so torn over this product. It was the first mascara I got from Clinique, and it is much better than most drugstore foundations. It makes my lashes dark and long. The only problem? MEGA CLUMPS. I don't know if it's the brush or what, but this clumps up my lashes like crazy. I usually get another mascara brush to separate them a little after I apply it. I love the formula, but the brush is just not great. I'm almost out and I'll probably repurchase it, because I do love the super black color. I just wish it came with a better brush, because combing out my lashes afterward is a major pain.

on 12/27/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is FAR BEST mascara I ever tried. I am very picky when it comes to mascara. I used to prefer waterproof mascara, but as I gets older, my lashes fell off, look horrible. So I had to stop using waterproof, but I love volume and not become racoon eyes. I been shopping around for long time to find non-waterproof mascara. Alot of non-waterproof mascaras gave me smudge, racoon looking eyes. Until I read this review, so I gave a try.... wow, I never have racoon eyes with this mascara! Of course if I cry, or swimming it will give smears, but during all day plus workout, mascara still on without smudges! I use this for top lashes, and clinique little mascara for bottom. Beautiful and doesnt cause my lashes fall out. Now my lashes grow back better than waterproof mascara. This is keeper!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS MASCARA.
This is by far the best mascara I have ever used, its lengthens and volumizes my lashes so much and they almost look false which I've never had in a mascara before. Also lots of my friends and family have been asking about what mascara I have been using since I started using this one and although it's quite expensive I will definitely be buying this again when this one runs out.

on 12/16/2012 5:13:00 AM

Not really sure about the price of this since what I am using came as a free sample (although quite a generously sized one and with original sized brush). I find it just as good as my favourite Lancome mascaras. Rarely clumps and thickens well.
No it doesn't curl but nothing has ever curled my lashes so maybe that has more to do with me than the mascaras.
Some people may find the brush a little clumsy but I prefer a larger brush and find it better for combing out the lashes - I hate those poky little things with no grip to them.

on 12/14/2012 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG go-to mascara and I have tried them all. It stays put with minimal flaking through a snowstorm, looks natural (i.e. no spidery look), doesn't dry my eyelashes, doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, and really adds volume to lashes while separating them. To be honest, I prefer the look that Lancome mascaras impart but find them too irritating for every day use.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive eyes to harsh ingredients, but do not wear contacts. This is the best mascara I have used for sensitive eyes, and Clinique is the best brand for sensitive eyes. I have used Lancome and every single drug store brand. Even Almay has made my eyes itch after a few hours. The formula was light and build-able. It does require two or three coats after which my lashes looked darker and thicker. I have somewhat long lashes, but any girl would like a little more length. However, I did not see much lengthening there. It did hold the curl, though. The package is also great as is the brush. This is my go to mascara now. Now if only it could just be a tad more lengthening and cheaper, it would be 5 stars.

on 12/13/2012 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I'm not usually a Clinique makeup person. I associate them with skin care and a clean simple look and I like more drama, especially when it comes to eyes. That said, I was surprised to love this mascara! It gave me really long thick lashes. I used several coats and the clumping was not bad, and what there was I was able to comb out with an eyelash comb. It also didn't smudge or flake at all during the day, which is something that my L'oreal Telescopic has been doing a bit, though I didn't realize until using this. It did, however, come off fairly easily at the end of the day. I have been using a Buxom mascara that is hard to get off even with eye makeup remover, so that was nice. My only complaint with this is that it made my eyes burn a bit. They didn't get red and it stopped after it had been on a little while though.