Clean Clean

2.6

on 1/20/2004 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Clean is a nice scent, but outrageously priced. It really was not the "soapy" sort of scent I was hoping for. J.Lo Glow, IMO, fits the bill better. The initial notes of Clean are quite sharp, and overwhelming. The drydown is nice, but again, nothing to justify all the hype. Try before you buy. This product is VERY expensive and packaged very plainly. I have noticed that many women are quite disappointed with Clean.

I actually like the scent but it is just not worth $76. Especially since it only lasts for about 2 hours. I found a way cheaper alternative: try layering Demeter Orange Creamsicle and Demeter Gingerale. Smells almost exactly the same!

on 1/15/2004 3:16:00 AM

When I first tried Clean I didn't care for it much and almost returned it. However, I found the more I wore it I found it more "citrusy" and less "soapy". Imagine my surprise when I used the bottle up (believe me, it wasn't that big anyways). I'd repurchase this but I'd use it less often becuase the price is obscene - seriously (my reason for only 4 lippie status).

on 1/9/2004 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this scent, guess I'm in the minority, but that's nothing new for me :-). The only reason I held back one lippie is because this scent does give me a headache for some reason. It does live up to it's name - clean, fresh, light. Little staying power though.

on 1/5/2004 4:42:00 PM

Smells like a mix of soap and fabric softener dryer sheets. I am usually a big fan of the "clean" fragrances, but not this one. Save your money, if you want to smell like soap, take a shower, it's cheaper. It also has no staying power. Less than 15 minutes after I sprayed it on I could hardly smell it.

I bought this scent after smelling it in a magazine insert. Before I knew the title of the product, I kept saying "it smells like clean, freshly showered." It reminds me of a simple soap that I used in my childhood, like Ivory or Camay. There is a slight lime-scent to the perfume. It doesn't last as long most perfumes, and it would probably be a scent I'd give a teenage girl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells like sharp, rancid soap. I literally grimaced upon sampling this at Sephora. I don't know why its a bestseller. The pricetag is embarrassingly high for such a disgusting perfume.

on 12/21/2003 6:29:00 PM

I really wanted to like this (probably because of what I paid). I wore it on several occasions and was sure it would grow on me. No such luck. It just did not work with my chemistry and was not what I expected.

on 12/19/2003 11:45:00 AM

On me it came out smelling a bit more lemony than soapy.

on 12/18/2003 3:16:00 PM

soap, soap, who's got the soap?! while i understand this fragrance is supposed to be 'clean', i dont like walking around smelling of liquid fabric softener. yuck!

Popular Fragrances