Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 12/16/2009 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyeliner! I like the brush, I can line thinly (I don't wear thick eyeliner anyway), and I like the packaging. It isn't exactly waterproof but I like the fact I can take this off at the end of the day easily. This liner has never smudged or flaked on me. My eyelids are oily but I also have sensitive eyes and I've repurchased this eyeliner about 5 times already because it doesn't irratate my eyes.

on 12/15/2009 7:35:00 PM

My HG liquid eyeliner was the non-waterproof version of this eyeliner. This is a sad replacement. The brush is a little too floppy, and the formula flakes off in chunks within hours.

on 12/15/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Had trouble finding my HG (maybelline waterproof liquid e/l) and picked this up instead. The applicator is a little brush which, for me, is neither fine or stiff enough to get a good application. For me, the thing that breaks the camel's back is the formula - it flakes off on me after a short period of time, i.e. an hour? Doesn't matter how thick or thin I apply it either. It can't even get through to lunch time. Unacceptable.

on 12/14/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love the tiny brush on this! i hate hate sponge tipped eyeliner brushes. i can never EVER get a thin line with them. but with this liner its so easy to get the thinnest line. i recommend if you want that thin line on your upper lash line.

on 12/14/2009 9:43:00 PM

I've used quite a few liquid liners, and this is one of the better ones I've tried. The brush takes a little practice, but once you get used to it, it goes on rather nicely. It's very long-lasting, and stays on through the entire day with only minimal flaking. If you only plan on wearing it for a few hours, you won't have a problem. I've only had to do quick retouches when I wear this all day long, and even then it stays on quite well. The formula also goes on very smoothly and evenly, unlike some other liners I've tried.
Overally, I really like this product, and I'd definitely buy it again. It's a good buy and it works just as well as some higher-end liquid liners, but for a much better price.

on 12/14/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after my MAC eyeliner was irritating my eyes too much. Unfortunately, this one also irritated my sensitive eyes (I also use contacts) a little, despite the packaging saying it wouldn't, hence the one lippie off. Otherwise, it's great. It didn't smudge on me like it did for other reviewers, stayed all day, was easy to apply and looked great. It was much easier to apply than the MAC gel liner.

on 12/6/2009 6:30:00 PM

This is the 2nd liquid liner I've ever used and I'm really disappointed. The brush is decent, and it's easy to apply. Some of it gets on my lashes and irritates my eyes though. It looks fine when you first apply it . . . it's kind of shiny/glossy. But after 1~2 hours it starts chipping and flaking and looks messy. Will not be repurchasing :/

on 12/2/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I actually like this eyeliner a lot, despite the bad press.

It seems like the quantity I get lasts a really long time, given that I use it daily on my upper eyelids only. And the product stays on my lids all day despite the fact that my eyelids sometimes look 'shiny' from having greasy lids.

I've had no problems with flaking unless I rub my eyes, which is bad to do because it speeds up the onset of wrinkles.

My only gripe is the brush tip which takes some practice to use well, and the fact that it never seems to go on sale, whereas other Maybelline products are on sale all the time. I don't get it.

Other than that, I'm buying 2 when I run out-one for home and one for my travel makeup kit!

on 11/12/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily eyelids. I've tried all kinds of pencil and liquid liners but they usually smudge or flake within hours. This is the only thing that stays on my lids.

The handle is short, which I find makes application easier than a longer handle. The brush is short and the bristles are fairly sturdy, which helps for application. After a couple of months it starts to splay a bit but not too badly.

The liner dries to a rubbery texture. Even with makeup remover it's hard to get all of it off at night.

I don't know if the strength means it's bad if you use it long-term. But overall I've found it's a good liner.

on 11/7/2009 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty disappointed with this product. I actually just bought this at Walgreens yesterday because there was a Maybelline bogo sale. Although I've only tried this once, I can already tell it's not that great of a product. When you first apply it, it looks extremely nice, with the shiny finish. But within an hour, it flakes off! Also, when you remove it with makeup remover, the product somewhat clumps up..unlike the usual where the color is supposed to smear and melt away. The eyeliner is really easy to get into eyes if not careful. Also, it's hard to have complete control when using this wand. I decided to try this one because I ran out of my Revlon Colorstay, and this product definitely DOES NOT compare to Revlon Colorstay at all.