New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this bronzer. I heard a ton of Youtube gurus and bloggers rave about this product. And hey, it was only three or four dollars so I thought why not. Super disappointed with this product. First off. It is not super pigmented which is usually where I ,as a super pale girl rejoice, but this product had little to no pigmentation unless I really dug into it. This means it applied super uneven to my cheeks, which made me look splotchy and sick. Secondly, the color is not meant for naturally porcelain skin. It's a very tan orange color, which looks ridiculous as a contour for me. This also did that weird thing that certain powders do when you go to apply more product after you've put some on, and your brush picks up the oils from your face and deposits it into the product causing it to get hard a shiny. I literally had to SCRAPE the first three layers off of this product because when it gets hard and shiny like that, it's like plastic. NO color pay off at that point. Overall, this was just more work than it's worth to make look good and use on my face. I'm all for a deal, but I don't think that this is as great as everyone says. I'd recommend the Rimmel bronzers over this in a heart beat, and those are just a few dollars more.

Maybe I just got a dud, I'm not sure. But I don't think I'll be repurchasing to try it again any time soon.

As everyone else has said, this bronzer is DIRT CHEAP! I picked it up cause I've only heard great things. Here are my pros and cons:

pros:
1. CHEAP. I got mine for $2(something) at Target.You really can't beat getting a bronzer for under $3.
2. Matte (i really hate shimmery bronzers)
3. Sheer/light. Some might put this in the "cons" column, but for me, I like that it's a bit sheer because it lets me build to the shade that I want. I've always had trouble using other bronzers and end up looking I just swiped a streak of dirt on my face, so I do like the sheerness. It's very buildable, HOWEVER (leads to my cons)...

cons:
1. (on my NC30 skin) There is a point where if i build too much it starts to look orange
2. Packaging is really cheap and mine doesn't actually close all the way (but for less than $3 what do you expect?)

that's honestly it for cons. I'm still looking for a bronzer I might look a little more, but for the price, I will more than likely always have one of these on hand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good for its value. DIRT CHEAP! Tried it b/c so many people raved about it. I like it. I love how its mat since I am not really into shimmery bronzers. I enjoy how compact and travel friendly it is. It is quite pigmented as well and easily accessible in any drugstore. I do however, still tend to go back to my hoola since it matches my skin tone better.

Shows up really well! Just be careful, or else you'll be too orange! I love that it's not sparkly at all. Stays put.
The color is not good for contouring, just giving more of a glow to your face and making you look more tan.

I love finding drugstore products that are good quality, but this product did not do it for me. I'm giving it 2/5 because if it had been any more expensive than it was, I'd be much unhappier. As it is, I found it to be very orange and chalky for me to use as a contour blush. I have had a difficult time blending the powder and though I've been using it for weeks, trying different applications, I haven't yet liked the way it looks. I'll keep it around for summer, where it'll hopefully compliment tanned skin a little better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This bronzer came to me highly recommended; obviously everyone in the beauty community seems to love it. It DOES leave the face with a warm glow, is great for contouring (on my fair skin at least), and is great value for money.
However, I can't say that I will ever buy it again. Since using it, I've gotten horrible breakouts across the backs of my cheeks. I also used it along my jawline and while it hasn't broken me out there, it's definitely made me itchier than all hell. I've had the constant urge to scratch at my neck for about two days straight. Must be an allergic reaction of some kind, which really is a shame, because this is an excellent product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This bronzer shows up quite orange and ruddy on me. It may be because of my cool-toned skin so that can't be blamed on the product itself. I have heard it works well for many people. My main complaint with the product is how splotchy it becomes throughout the day. Also, it is very powdery and tends to look cakey once the mid-day oil sets in. I use and love TF Chocolate Soleil so I will not repurchase. There are better drug store options for bronzers.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer. I only use this to give me some color during winter months when I'm looking overly pale. My favourite part (aside from it being dirt cheap), is that it is MATTE. No sparkles! yay! I love using this for a natural glow without looking obviously made up. Would definitely repurchase.

My only complaint is the little applicator sponge it comes with. When I first used this product, I thought it applied very unevenly. You really have to use this with a kabuki brush to control how much color you want and to get an even finish.

I bought this for and lighter all over contouring, and it did a great job.

My favourite bronzer!! Highly recommend