Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.2

on 5/4/2009 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This products is the best I have ever tried! This is comparible to the Shiseido smoothing compact foundation but even better! This one is not oily and it lasts all day! I am fairly light and the cypress beige color matches my skin perfectly! I love that it doesn't have the yellow undertone which tends to make my face turn a bit orangey towards the end of the day. I promise this is the best product I have ever used. I used to use Shiseido, Christian Dior, Lancome, Estee Lauder, (Mac made me break out), and they just do not compare to this product. I can't believe I was spending all that money with dept. brands!
The palladio powder/foundation is perfect, it's oil free which is good because I have very oily skin. I also bought the palladio concealer stick to cover up the small blemishes or little discolerations. The concealer stick does not crease or run at all. I even put a little concealer all over my face...just a little and it just evens out my skin. It is matte and oil free. Then I add the palladio powder foundation (dry) and it just goes on so smoothly and evenly. I swear that people compliment my skin and they tell me my face looks air brushed! It really does and I love that this lasts all day, doesn't feel oily, and is so light...yet it still gives that full coverage and perfect complexion. My skin is very sensitive and always tends to break out easily and this product did not do that to my skin...if anything, it improved my skin.....I love it!
Trust me, I never write reviews but this was worth it. I need to get the words out there!

- Stella

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I liked this product. I got really high hopes that It was going to give my face an "airbrushed" look, but it didn't really. You can still see my rosy cheeks through the powder. I did not try it wet, I still have to do that. It is a good powder though, no doubt. You can probably compare it to MAC Studio Fix Powder. It's just not the greatest color selection. I don't think the color I purchased matches my neck that well if used alone. It's slightly neutral (beige) and I need a color thats a little more golden yellow. I got Cypress Beige. I have a tan NC35 skin tone. I use it now, after I applied my foundation, I dust this over my face and put it under my eyes for extra under eye coverage. It works very well, and stays put. I would probably repurchase if I was looking for an inexpensive powder.

on 4/30/2009 2:14:00 PM

This is a wonderful product all around. Shiseido should be ashamed that it can't make a powder foundation as good as this one which is only $10 max. Luckily the Laurel Nude is perfect for me most of the year. If I have a bit of tan it is too light and the next shade down is too pink. That is my one complaint: the color selection. Also, I'm not sure if it has sunscreen but I'm always using a minimum of spf 30 during the winter and use a 50 or 80spf in the summer so it's probably okay. This goes on very smoothly and is a must to keep on hand to cover blemishes, even if you are using a liquid foundation. Just use the sponge to pat some of the powder on top of a pimple/scar and watch it disappear. The packaging is very good and you get a good amount of product for your money. I've repurchased this often and Shiseido has been returned.

on 3/29/2009 10:30:00 AM

Great foundation for super oily skin or anyone who loves a true matte finish! Unfortunately there isn't a shade to match my skin, but I will still dust it on over foundation or alone when I need to control the shine. Def go out and get this....just make sure you do a shade test before you buy. FYI Sally's is good about returns/exchanges.

I am pretty sure I have found my HG. I was so surprised when I first applied this at the coverage it gives!! Its amazing! And I have a lot to cover. I am so tired of liquid foundations - especially in the summer. With this product, I never feel like Im wearing makeup. Packaging is great, product is great. No complaints at all. love love

I looooove this powder. I've tried a million foundations, including high-end ones like MAC & Clinique but I always come back to this one. It aplies & blends smoothly and looks pretty natural. The coverage is medium-buildable. I don't get break outs from this which is great because everything breaks me out. It looks powder-y when first applied but it kinda settles into your skin. It makes me look soo even. The price is good too. I'm on my 3rd compact....love it!

on 12/16/2008 11:47:00 PM

i used to wear this everyday and went on to other foundations but after testing out so many others i recently went back to this one. it's been the best foundation i've used. with the right application this gives a really natural matte look and makes my skin look great. i use it dry and it works wonderfully. the price is pretty good, but the only downside is the lack of color selection. i found a good match with NATURAL CLARY 403, but some might have trouble finding the right color. overall, i recommend this product.

I liked how they ad my shade but for allot of other people from the little shade selection it's hard for some people to find there shade . WIth that aside I think that it's a nice foundation but I wish they would come out with a medium coverage foundation because if you try layering it on it looks cakey and when you wet it it goes on a lil dark .

on 11/8/2008 6:35:00 AM

UPDATE: I hate this when applied damp w/ a sponge but I LOVE this when used as a setting powder over foundation. It doesn't break me out like it did when I applied wet.

In order to get the coverage I need I had to use alot of this. I dampened the sponge first and applied. It went on very sheer at first. It is definately buildable but can look cakey! The only color that was in my range was laurel nude and it was a tad too dark. There is very narrow color selection. This did help control some oil but is no miracle product. I can't say I am impressed. I do like the blotting papers and the rice powder however. When I bought this I went in looking for the concealer but my Ulta didn't carry that product so I figured I'd try this. It was only $10 so I don't feel too ripped off. I'll finish what I have but won't repurchase.

on 10/22/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All I have to say is WOW. I have tried EVERY SINGLE powder out there for oily skin. Some do not control oil and many oxidize (they turn orange on the skin on top of not controlling oil!!) This has been the best I have ever used and I have become a lifetime user. I bought my first compact 3 months ago. It goes on somewhat powdery, but settles in quickly. My color match is Natural Clary. I usually wear dry, but hear its better for oily skin to wet sponge and apply. Either way, this is a great powder for sensitive and oily skin (great combination, huh?) I can't believe that after trying every powder out there from all department stores and sephora, my HG powder was waiting for me at Longs Drugs Store. Highly recommend!!
EDIT: Color is chalky and it sits on top of your skin. The oil on my skin melts the makeup. Still good 'natural' makeup but would work better for normal skin