July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by greenmotogirl

I am pretty sure I have found my HG. I was so surprised when I first applied this at the coverage it gives!! Its amazing! And I have a lot to cover. I am so tired of liquid foundations - especially in the summer. With this product, I never feel like Im wearing makeup. Packaging is great, product is great. No complaints at all. love love

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looooove this powder. I've tried a million foundations, including high-end ones like MAC & Clinique but I always come back to this one. It aplies & blends smoothly and looks pretty natural. The coverage is medium-buildable. I don't get break outs from this which is great because everything breaks me out. It looks powder-y when first applied but it kinda settles into your skin. It makes me look soo even. The price is good too. I'm on my 3rd compact....love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sheenab13

i used to wear this everyday and went on to other foundations but after testing out so many others i recently went back to this one. it's been the best foundation i've used. with the right application this gives a really natural matte look and makes my skin look great. i use it dry and it works wonderfully. the price is pretty good, but the only downside is the lack of color selection. i found a good match with NATURAL CLARY 403, but some might have trouble finding the right color. overall, i recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by usernameisnttakennow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I liked how they ad my shade but for allot of other people from the little shade selection it's hard for some people to find there shade . WIth that aside I think that it's a nice foundation but I wish they would come out with a medium coverage foundation because if you try layering it on it looks cakey and when you wet it it goes on a lil dark .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 6:35:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I hate this when applied damp w/ a sponge but I LOVE this when used as a setting powder over foundation. It doesn't break me out like it did when I applied wet.

In order to get the coverage I need I had to use alot of this. I dampened the sponge first and applied. It went on very sheer at first. It is definately buildable but can look cakey! The only color that was in my range was laurel nude and it was a tad too dark. There is very narrow color selection. This did help control some oil but is no miracle product. I can't say I am impressed. I do like the blotting papers and the rice powder however. When I bought this I went in looking for the concealer but my Ulta didn't carry that product so I figured I'd try this. It was only $10 so I don't feel too ripped off. I'll finish what I have but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jaanam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I have to say is WOW. I have tried EVERY SINGLE powder out there for oily skin. Some do not control oil and many oxidize (they turn orange on the skin on top of not controlling oil!!) This has been the best I have ever used and I have become a lifetime user. I bought my first compact 3 months ago. It goes on somewhat powdery, but settles in quickly. My color match is Natural Clary. I usually wear dry, but hear its better for oily skin to wet sponge and apply. Either way, this is a great powder for sensitive and oily skin (great combination, huh?) I can't believe that after trying every powder out there from all department stores and sephora, my HG powder was waiting for me at Longs Drugs Store. Highly recommend!!
EDIT: Color is chalky and it sits on top of your skin. The oil on my skin melts the makeup. Still good 'natural' makeup but would work better for normal skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by julstech

I bought this in the Laurel Nude. This is by far the lightest feeling foundation I have ever worn. I applied it wet and the coverage was sheer to light. I would only recommend this on good skin days. Retails for $9.99 USD at Ulta. The finish is a soft, powder but it doesn't look like you have a powder on your face. Doesn't rub off easily. Made my pores look smaller, didn't enhance my fine lines and matted the oil on my face--Perfect! Wish this provided more coverage for not-so-good skin days. You may be able to build the coverage but you may end up with a powdered-face look. The compact is perfect too. The bottom storage compartment for the sponge is vented, which I love so I can put the sponge away without worrying about a wet sponge growing bacteria. The size of the sponge compartment is big enough that you could easily find a replacement sponge to fit in there. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by manicprincess

I have combination skin that is very sensitive to powder and foundation. This is the only one for me. I've tried Clinique, Lancome, Lauder, etc. Palladio has just enough coverage, doesn't irritate or break me out. Best of all, I don't feel it on my face as the day progresses. I use Cypress Beige and its a perfect match!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fair complexioned, African-American woman (multi-racial), with EXTREMELY OILY ACNE PRONE skin. Because of my unique coloring (pale tan w/golden-yellow undertones in winter & lightly bronzed tan w/golden undertones in summer), most foundations geared towards AA are too dark or too "pigmented" and foundations geared towards CA are too pale, too "dusty" looking or require mixing (expensive). I'd resorted to ordering foundation (Hazel Matte) from a company based out of India (Lakme) because theirs was the best color match, best formulations for oily skin, warm weather climates, etc. Bare Escentuals is great but I had to purchase 3 jars to mix in order to get the right color match and it always makes me sneeze immediately after use. After reading the reviews on this website, I decided to give Palladio a try. Because of the price, I'd always assumed it was a low-end, underachieving product. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I purchased color WD405. IT'S A PERFECT COLOR MATCH for my summer complexion (tan)! The texture is wonderful (I apply it dry). It goes on very dry looking but takes on a natural dewy look after about 30 to 40 minutes. It's maintained my very oily skin with a matte/dewy finish. It's done an excellent job covering my old acne scarring which I'm currently lightening with Exuviance Intense Lightening Complex (wonderful product). I didn't even use a primer or concealer and it's maintained its color (didn't darken), it's coverage (no fade-out), it's texture. We had 90+ degree temps today and I only had to go over it with the translucent rice paper ONCE! It's now 10:48pm and my face still looks great. It looks amazingly natural. I don't even look like I'm wearing foundation. I have rather large pores in my t-zone and foundation has always seemed to settle in this area and 'age' me, but this is the first time I've experienced a foundation not settling into my t-zone (without my smashbox primer).

This is an excellent product. After reading the reviews about the concealer and the other products, I will be going to Sally's tomorrow to purchase MANY MORE items.

Thank you 'Makeupalley' members for your reviews and thorough descriptions of products. I would have never found this wonderful foundation if it had not been for your reviews. EDIT: This lasts longer & looks better & works better when used without primer. Go figure.... continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Palladio wet/dry foundation in Laurel Nude 400 is surprisingly good!

I had to quit using Bare Minerals due to my reaction to Bismuth...ever since I have been looking for something for my quick and easy days. Dual finish powders have a tendency to make me look cakey and suck the life out of my skin.

I read about this foundation here on MUA and decided I would give it a try when browsing Ulta and coming across the Palladio display (it is also sold at Sally's).

The price was right under $10. I usually use HE foundations.

I found what I thought would be the closest match for me. I am an AAB so it can be tricky to get a match. I noticed there were not a lot of shades...so not everyone will be able to enjoy this foundation.

I did not like this wet! I thought it was really cakey and streaky. I waited until the next day and tried it dry. I exfoliated really well since my experience has been that dual finishes usually emphasize flaws. After that I applied my normal a.m. sunscreen/moisturizer waited until it absorbed and applied the foundation dry. Wow. I do have to add that it takes more effort than I initially wanted so I took a lippie off, but it is worth the wait! The problem is that it requires through blending. I used the sponge. Next time I will try a brush.

The finish was natural. My skin still showed through but the luminosity was unexpected! My finish stayed semimatte through the day. The greasies were at bay.

This is my HG foundation.

EDIT: Although this is still a very good foundation IMO I have stopped wearing it. I did not notice how pale this made me look - until I switched foundations completely and recieved feedback that it was a much better color choice. Won't be repurchasing - but still recommend!