April 18, 2014 | 1671 users online

Brows - Rimmel - Professional Eyebrow Pencil (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ctanonymous

This... is an awesome brow pencil. The color black matches my eyebrows perfectly, and the color's great. It goes on easily in just a few strokes, and the brush is very useful. The bristles help organize and shape the brow better and spread the color so it looks more natural. Definitely fave, definitely will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by silenceincolour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I hate this. I have the dark brown and the only thing about it that I like is the brush. The problem is that dark brown is just not my color. Black is way too dark, and the other is too light. Dark brown is really warm, and makes my brows reddish. Basically, it looks like I have dyed hair. I still use it and just comb most of it out to where it's only barely there... but I'm about to try something different.
It would be great for anyone who's eyebrows actually match the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG this eyebrow pencil is awesome!! this is my HG eyebrow pencil. I do perfer using a brow powder but for those moments when I am completly late or in a rush. I use this. You can actually get a polished look using a light hand and the colour is PERFECTION. It has a natural brown undertone which inturn gives you that natural brow. I have sparse eyebrows but using this product I am able to achieve the illusion I have naturally thick eyebrows. I can not believe my luck. I stumbled onto this, when I was on holiday and forgot to pack eyebrow products. I found this in the local coles supermarket. Best accidental buy ever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by sterr23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil. I purchased it in 001 (Dark Brown) and it matches the color of my eyebrows perfectly. At first the pencil looked like it might be too hard which would lead to unnatural looking lines, but the color ends up looking very soft- not waxy at all. And I much prefer the brush over a comb because it blends the color nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: i just purchased the 02 Hazel and i couldn't be happier. This is another HG brow pencil i've been waiting for....it's perfect for lighter brown hair/eyebrows. One previous review mentioned the usage of both Dark Brown and Hazel. I couldn't agree more-i even use them at the same time-Hazel on the first part of the brow since it's a bit lighter and ashier, so a tad more natural, and Dark brown on the ending of the brow since it's more intense thus you get more definition.
Very, very good products. I usually love everything Rimmel makes but they surely didn't stray from their established name when they created this.

OOOOOOH! I am in love with this.

I am a little eyebrow freak, and thanks to MUA and YouTube i discovered many many eyebrow products i knew existed but never tried...and it's better to read reviews first and then buy than get screwed over like it usually happens when you try something in non-natural light or you're undecided, etc....

so this pencil in Dark Brown (i think it's number 001, as opposed to the Black Brown 004 i've read about here) is replacing my Anastasia Eyebrow pencil...because:
-it is FAR cheaper, to begin with.
-it is a little smaller but more workable and easier to sharpen
-it is soft yet it doesn't smudge. NOT waxy at all, compared to other eyebrow pencils i have, including my beloved Isadora and Anastasia Beverly Hills

The most important thing about this pencil, and what made me fall in love with it, is the true brown undertone. I have always looked for an eyebrow pencil that would look very natural, because i didn't use to trust eyebrow shades (still haven't found my ideal eyebrow powder, for that matter, and i'm using one i'm not super excited about, combined with the pencil- 80% pencil, 20% powder).
So, i'd always end up with two types of pencils, and i am ABSOLUTELY SURE the brunette ladies out there, whether they have the very dark black tone of hair or the lightest brown, have had the same experience: type one- the dreaded red undertones, ugly, orangy, that wouldn't fit even a ginger-haired person because of that uniqueness of the ugliness. I hope i am making sense here, it's amazing how durable and stubborn that undertone is, considering the multitude of brands out there. it's like a scarlet poop exploded all over the market, i can't find other words.
The second type, which is much better but still problematic, is the gray one. Many eyebrow pencils try to be 'natural' and pile on the gray undertone, especially the Maybelline eyebrow pencils (not the define-a-brow, from what i understood), Smashbox eyebrow powders, and even the Anastasia ones.
I would always prefer the gray undertone over the red one but in time, i've noticed it gives an unnatural color to the eyebrow and also makes me look older. I think it has something to do with the natural beigy-yellowish undertones of my skin and the rather darkness of my natural eyebrows, anyways, it's a bit....GRAY. I don't wanna look like a grandma, especially since i am a firm believer in setting the eyebrows with translucent/regular face powder after making them up, for a more natural finish and endurance.

the thing i most LOVE AND ADORE about this pencil is that special brown color, as i said. it is not red, it is not poopy-yellow, it is not orange, it is just a dark chestnut brown i simply adore. suits my natural hairs perfectly, goes along with my skin tone and the softness of the pencil allows me to both draw precise lines when i want to, but also blend the color in among the hairs.
the little brush at the end could be shaped like a spooley, its present shape being weird, uncomfortable to use and too straight; the bristles are way too hard and tightly packed so i always end up wiping the color off if i'm not careful.

however. due to the price, the softness, the lack of waxiness and the gorgeous natural color, this will remain a staple. thank god i got my hands on it, there were some girls here on MUA complaining about one of the eyebrow pencils (either the 001 or the 004, i don't remember) being discontinued....i simply love this pencil. i find myself so much prettier with brown eyebrows than gray ones, they just make me look my own age and not my grandma's. and the color is very vibrant without looking fake, as opposed to Anastasia or Maybelline, which have a rather flat color and look too 'mousey'. but this is just my opinion....
lots of thanks to the girls here who wrote about this! i am super happy for having found my eyebrow HG!!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this item, over & over again. Probably upwards of 10 times now. I am a big fan of well-defined, polished-looking eyebrows. My own are a little patchy (from some experimenting with tweezing in high school, oh how I wish I could take it all back...) and fairly pale in comparison to my hair, so I like to fill them in with a little powder and then finish them off with pencil to give extra definition.

A decent brow pencil may seem like an easy find, but it's actually difficult to find one that isn't too hard, isn't too soft, doesn't smudge or wear away and looks natural, and Rimmel's fits the bill. It sharpens well, I like the little brush on the end and one pencil lasts months and months.

Will continue to repurchase! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by misscheryn

I use this in 004 Black Brown. I love it! I think it's my HG makeup product right now, it makes the BIGGEST difference to my look because defined brows seem to make the rest of the face seem more defined/complete. So I love it. It's really easy to draw as well, and easy to erase(?) if you made the line too dark. All you do is just rub it a little bit with the brush on the other end of the pencil.

HG for sure <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by EsBee

If people ask me for my one beauty cheat item: this is it! I have fair skin and black eyebrows which can look slightly patchy. I use the dark brown (liberally) or the black (sparingly) on full eyebrows for that 1940s look. It can really change the whole way you look!
The best feature of this has to be the brush on the end of the pencil. Other, more expensive, brands have eyebrow pencils but none with this fantastic brush which is just crucial for the application.
Lastly: it cost almost nothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by nmonty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this pencil. it glides on with the perfect consistency, lasts, and does not bleed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

this is my second one, so here is my review:
***UP's:
- the brush thats on the lid is amazing it blends the colour so beautifully, I sometimes apply NYX black brow's shadow and go over it with the brush only.
- the colour payoff is gr8, smooth and long lasting
DOWNs:
- its very hot where I live, so it tends to melt & creat wierd vertical lines above my eyebrow's, but 2 stop that frm happening I just apply NYX black eyeshadow above it.