January 31, 2015 | 1005 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Chibichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 43 with dryish skin that has some little under the skin bumps in the chin and forehead areas. Pores in nose area are kind of large. Used this in Australia (summer now) for 2 weeks and my skin looked so much clearer. However, it is fairly drying so you need to cut down on usage if your skin starts drying out. Definately worth trying for the price. Pores looked much smaller!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by happygall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it is the only toner that has actually treated my teenage acne, and cleaned out my huge pores. And it doesn't dry out my skin. My skin never stings or burns after using this product, it just feels soft and clear. I wish that i could give this toner 10 stars!!! Great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is inexpensive and effective, but it burns my face. After a couple of applications, I definetely see a difference - My pores are HUUUUGE but this makes them tiny! I really like the results, but it just burns so much. The smell is too strong, too.. It burns my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by browneyedelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's harsh, but works so well. I really love it. It's kept my skin clear and smooth, and prevented even PMS-related breakouts. I ran out of this while I was in Germany recently and sure enough, my skin broke out. I will never be without this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by girlno3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow this is a great toner... i haven't tried many others, but i bought this toner and the pore refining scrub and used them... amazing results! this may be due, however, to the fact that i never really used a scrub and toner on a daily basis before...

a girl at the clinique counter had looked at my skin and told me that if i just used the right cleanser and toner, that it would be less dry. mind you, i was in the middle of school and SO STRESSED, my skin was absolutely a mess, very very dry, flaking, red, it was so bad the girls at the clinique counter would just tell me not to buy anything and to go straight to the dermatologist!

however, i did try what she recommended, except with neutrogena, rather than the clinique products... i have tried their gentlest toner, but the neutrogena toner is just so much better... i have had allergic reactions before to alpha hydroxy products, and alot of stinging and burning but this toner was fine!! everytime i use it my skin is so smooth, i was amazed. try it definitely, as i must have the most sensitive skin in the world and nothing happened...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product is great!! i have been using it for only a week and have noticed a major change in my skin for the better. my skin is prone to break outs and this product seems to alleviate that. my skin honesty seems to have improved tremendously in just one week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this toner. I got it as a recommended product from the Neutrogena website. I'm glad that this has an AHA and I haven't noticed a drying from that or any kind of alcohol content.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by wy_nike

i'm not sure if this is alcohol-free, it doesnt say on the bottle. this is my 2nd bottle alr. im using it cos i have really visible pores around my nose and cheeks. -sobs- =( im not very sure if it did help to refine my pores, but it does help to prevent clogged pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to remember to throw this one out. Left on my counter, I tried it again this week. Spotting myself in a store mirror yesterday while I was out I thought, "Oh my God! I look horrible!". Excessively oily and bright red faced. Still that way this morning. Rosecea and oily to start with, this just makes it all the worse. I find this hard to believe from anything Neutrogena but I have to stop blaming the weather/sun/what I ate yesterday and toss it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by epheme

I bought this and found that it was okay, but not nearly as effective as DDF Glycolic toner at making my pores look smaller. I didn't see that it was effective at controlling breakouts, I need PC 2% BHA for that. I do like that it is refreshing, and I use it in the morning to freshen up my skin and prep for putting on makeup. When I finish this bottle, I'll repurchase DDF Glycolic instead, but I do give this product credit for not leaking as the DDF does.