November 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by browneyedelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's harsh, but works so well. I really love it. It's kept my skin clear and smooth, and prevented even PMS-related breakouts. I ran out of this while I was in Germany recently and sure enough, my skin broke out. I will never be without this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by girlno3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow this is a great toner... i haven't tried many others, but i bought this toner and the pore refining scrub and used them... amazing results! this may be due, however, to the fact that i never really used a scrub and toner on a daily basis before...

a girl at the clinique counter had looked at my skin and told me that if i just used the right cleanser and toner, that it would be less dry. mind you, i was in the middle of school and SO STRESSED, my skin was absolutely a mess, very very dry, flaking, red, it was so bad the girls at the clinique counter would just tell me not to buy anything and to go straight to the dermatologist!

however, i did try what she recommended, except with neutrogena, rather than the clinique products... i have tried their gentlest toner, but the neutrogena toner is just so much better... i have had allergic reactions before to alpha hydroxy products, and alot of stinging and burning but this toner was fine!! everytime i use it my skin is so smooth, i was amazed. try it definitely, as i must have the most sensitive skin in the world and nothing happened...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product is great!! i have been using it for only a week and have noticed a major change in my skin for the better. my skin is prone to break outs and this product seems to alleviate that. my skin honesty seems to have improved tremendously in just one week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this toner. I got it as a recommended product from the Neutrogena website. I'm glad that this has an AHA and I haven't noticed a drying from that or any kind of alcohol content.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by wy_nike

i'm not sure if this is alcohol-free, it doesnt say on the bottle. this is my 2nd bottle alr. im using it cos i have really visible pores around my nose and cheeks. -sobs- =( im not very sure if it did help to refine my pores, but it does help to prevent clogged pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to remember to throw this one out. Left on my counter, I tried it again this week. Spotting myself in a store mirror yesterday while I was out I thought, "Oh my God! I look horrible!". Excessively oily and bright red faced. Still that way this morning. Rosecea and oily to start with, this just makes it all the worse. I find this hard to believe from anything Neutrogena but I have to stop blaming the weather/sun/what I ate yesterday and toss it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by epheme

I bought this and found that it was okay, but not nearly as effective as DDF Glycolic toner at making my pores look smaller. I didn't see that it was effective at controlling breakouts, I need PC 2% BHA for that. I do like that it is refreshing, and I use it in the morning to freshen up my skin and prep for putting on makeup. When I finish this bottle, I'll repurchase DDF Glycolic instead, but I do give this product credit for not leaking as the DDF does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lovestoshop25

I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS PRODUCT!!!! I AM 26 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN BREAKING OUT NON STOP SINCE I WAS 17. I HAVE TRIED EVERY NON PRESCRIPTION AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AVAILABLE. THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER CLEARED UP MY SKIN AND KEPT IT CLEAR. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THIS STUFF WORKS! THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I THOUGHT THAT MY STUBBORN ACNE WAS TOTALLY UNRESPONSIVE TO TREATMENT. I'M SO GLAD I WAS WRONG! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jen1473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this recently because I noticed my pores were clogged. I definitely saw a difference after a few days. It makes my skin feel clean and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pennypie

I love this product and use it religiously following "Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser." I apply with a cotton square using upward sweeps, twice daily. These products have made a huge difference for my skin and complexion. Active ingredients include alpha-hydroxy (glycolic acid), beta-hydroxy (salicylic acid), witch hazel (hamamelis), and alcohol. The list sounds scary, but it does not irritate or over-dry my skin. In fact it keeps me smooth and blemish-free. Even if you're on the fence on this one, it's worth a try, along with "Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser." You can't beat a cleanser/toner regimen trial which costs less than $20 at any drugstore. (Don't forget to complete your daily regimen with moisturizer+SPF.)