August 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by epheme

I bought this and found that it was okay, but not nearly as effective as DDF Glycolic toner at making my pores look smaller. I didn't see that it was effective at controlling breakouts, I need PC 2% BHA for that. I do like that it is refreshing, and I use it in the morning to freshen up my skin and prep for putting on makeup. When I finish this bottle, I'll repurchase DDF Glycolic instead, but I do give this product credit for not leaking as the DDF does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lovestoshop25

I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS PRODUCT!!!! I AM 26 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN BREAKING OUT NON STOP SINCE I WAS 17. I HAVE TRIED EVERY NON PRESCRIPTION AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AVAILABLE. THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER CLEARED UP MY SKIN AND KEPT IT CLEAR. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THIS STUFF WORKS! THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I THOUGHT THAT MY STUBBORN ACNE WAS TOTALLY UNRESPONSIVE TO TREATMENT. I'M SO GLAD I WAS WRONG! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jen1473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this recently because I noticed my pores were clogged. I definitely saw a difference after a few days. It makes my skin feel clean and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pennypie

I love this product and use it religiously following "Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser." I apply with a cotton square using upward sweeps, twice daily. These products have made a huge difference for my skin and complexion. Active ingredients include alpha-hydroxy (glycolic acid), beta-hydroxy (salicylic acid), witch hazel (hamamelis), and alcohol. The list sounds scary, but it does not irritate or over-dry my skin. In fact it keeps me smooth and blemish-free. Even if you're on the fence on this one, it's worth a try, along with "Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser." You can't beat a cleanser/toner regimen trial which costs less than $20 at any drugstore. (Don't forget to complete your daily regimen with moisturizer+SPF.)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by rebvt

I usually don't like Neutrogena products but decided to try this one based on the reviews. I have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and this toner did nothing for me. I definitely did not see any improvement and I think it did break me out a little. There was a strong smell, which wasn't unpleasant, but may be too strong for some. I will not repurchase and will stick to my Olay products from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

This didnt really help my skin, and it did sting a bit. oh well..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product has really changed the texture of my skin -- I love it! I have a basic oily T-zone, with large pores on my nose. I have to say, this doesn't do anything to reduce the size of pores. But my skin is much, much smoother after using this for about a month. I don't get a lot of true pimples, but I have tons of blackheads and whiteheads. This seems to be getting rid of them much faster when they pop up. Start with just once a day; I'll use twice a day during certain times of the month, but not all the time. My forehead hasn't been this clear since I was a teenager!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by evibe73

I thought I could use my fingers to dab on this toner (it's more of an astringent due to alcohol) but didn't get any positive results. My skin turned flaky and tight even tho it's oily/combo. Then i followed the directions and wow! Smoooooth skin, not too oily. Even my husband commented. I use it once a day since it can be drying. Don't think this would be good for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Penny_Lane28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG Toner. I have sensitive skin and use a gentle cleanser. The glycolic acid in this helps my skin stay clear without using too many harsh ingredients. I have strayed from it and have paid the price every time. It's permanently set as my toner. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 7:25:00 AM More reviews by hannah4him

I'm a very picky consumer, and my skin resembles my shopping personality. Sensitive, acne-prone, prone to hyperpigmentation, the works... I began using this after I realized that what works for others really won't work for me. I read reviews on Neutrogena Clear Pore Mask/Cleanser, and I realized that I was highly allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide (the key ingredient). My skin was so red and itchy after I had used it. After looking through reviews here which can be so addicting btw, I decided to take the plunge and buy this toner. I've used Clinique's Clarifying Lotion #2 in the past, as much as I liked it, it didn't make much of a difference. I really don't mind alcohol in toners, I actually think a little bit of alcohol does acne-prone skin good because it diminishes the presence of bacteria.
Anyways, I went out and bought this at Kmart, the price tag was at 8..something, but it wasn't too bad, I thought. Now for the praise :) I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, going on 3, and when I do get pimples, this toner calms it down and gets rid of it in a day or two... And the scars from past pimples are fading away slowly. I've also been using sunscreen religiously (Shiseido SPF 55 lotion) with this, and I've been using Neutrogena Triple Clean Antibacterial Cleanser with this.
I will definately buy this again when I run out. It's a great product from Neutrogena! I highly recommend this for people who have tried everything. I've tried proactiv without success, and as mentioned above, bp and my skin don't get along. I've tried Aqua Glycolic which didn't work for me... this toner is great, and I hope neutrogena never discontinues this... EVER! :)