Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

on 4/17/2007 1:33:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this stuff is fifteen-year-old scotch.

on 3/27/2007 11:06:00 PM

Ouch. This stuff burned my skin. It didn't make it ugly, but it was unpleasant to use--sounded like a good idea at the time. I was in my 30's when I got it and didn't have the "old people" issues that I do now, but I still wouldn't reccommend it to young women--it just seemed to harsh.

on 3/21/2007 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It made my pores bigger and i know it's the toner because i've been isolating different things to make sure. it also irritated the normal part of my skin. the ingredients are all pretty good, except the alcohol denat, which is a denatured alcohol. it's 35% of the product. it is usually used in cosmetics to help you absorb the other ingredients, however i found out that it can be very drying and an irritant. i have really oily skin, so it didn't dry my skin at all. however, why would you want to dry your pores? that makes it bigger, you want to keep your skin well hydrated. that's something that is important even though i have oily skin, so it didn't dry my skin, but i think people would have dry or normal skin might want to avoid this or if you don't have big pores. i also have acne, most of them cystic, then others are smaller ones. it did dry the top layer of my acne and it didn't irritate it, but for some reason, the normal patches of my skin were irritated. i guess i can't really tell if my acne is irritated because it's already red and tender before. but, there's a neutrogena scrub that helps with that, it's another review tho.

on 3/15/2007 11:22:00 PM

I don't know what it is about stuff that dries your face out and makes most people peel, but this works really well for me. I use it in the morning right when I get out of the shower and at night when I come home from work to get rid of any oil and if I have any pimples I use it on them. It just works for me!

on 2/5/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After spending so much money on "acne systems" like Murad, accutane, and other prescriptions, I finally gave up and just went back to using cheap drugstore brands, since they couldn't be any less effective than the expensive stuff. Imagine my surprise when my skin cleared up immediately. Now I wouldn't be without this toner, my Biore pore unclogging scrub, and 5% benzoyl peroxide, and the philosophy when hope is not enough for sensitive skin. Who knows why this works, but whenever I skip one of these I break out all over again. I'm never giving up this toner! This doesn't irritate my skin - feels just like water going on, but works so well.

I am so glad I found this toner. For a while my large, clogged pores and blackheads were just so disgusting and nothing I did helped. I bought this about 3 weeks ago and have been using it every night and the tranformation of my pores now is amazing. My pores are clear and small and my blackheads are actually going away! I've had those damn blackheads on my nose since I was in the 7th grade! Plus I haven't gotten a zit since I started using this as well (Knock on wood). It does smell chemical-y and once in a while I'll feel a sting, but it sinks right in and leave my skin feeling soft and bright. I love this stuff!

on 1/12/2007 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am 43 with dryish skin that has some little under the skin bumps in the chin and forehead areas. Pores in nose area are kind of large. Used this in Australia (summer now) for 2 weeks and my skin looked so much clearer. However, it is fairly drying so you need to cut down on usage if your skin starts drying out. Definately worth trying for the price. Pores looked much smaller!

on 1/2/2007 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it is the only toner that has actually treated my teenage acne, and cleaned out my huge pores. And it doesn't dry out my skin. My skin never stings or burns after using this product, it just feels soft and clear. I wish that i could give this toner 10 stars!!! Great product!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is inexpensive and effective, but it burns my face. After a couple of applications, I definetely see a difference - My pores are HUUUUGE but this makes them tiny! I really like the results, but it just burns so much. The smell is too strong, too.. It burns my eyes.

It's harsh, but works so well. I really love it. It's kept my skin clear and smooth, and prevented even PMS-related breakouts. I ran out of this while I was in Germany recently and sure enough, my skin broke out. I will never be without this again.