October 2, 2014 | 1487 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product is great!! i have been using it for only a week and have noticed a major change in my skin for the better. my skin is prone to break outs and this product seems to alleviate that. my skin honesty seems to have improved tremendously in just one week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this toner. I got it as a recommended product from the Neutrogena website. I'm glad that this has an AHA and I haven't noticed a drying from that or any kind of alcohol content.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by wy_nike

i'm not sure if this is alcohol-free, it doesnt say on the bottle. this is my 2nd bottle alr. im using it cos i have really visible pores around my nose and cheeks. -sobs- =( im not very sure if it did help to refine my pores, but it does help to prevent clogged pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to remember to throw this one out. Left on my counter, I tried it again this week. Spotting myself in a store mirror yesterday while I was out I thought, "Oh my God! I look horrible!". Excessively oily and bright red faced. Still that way this morning. Rosecea and oily to start with, this just makes it all the worse. I find this hard to believe from anything Neutrogena but I have to stop blaming the weather/sun/what I ate yesterday and toss it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by epheme

I bought this and found that it was okay, but not nearly as effective as DDF Glycolic toner at making my pores look smaller. I didn't see that it was effective at controlling breakouts, I need PC 2% BHA for that. I do like that it is refreshing, and I use it in the morning to freshen up my skin and prep for putting on makeup. When I finish this bottle, I'll repurchase DDF Glycolic instead, but I do give this product credit for not leaking as the DDF does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lovestoshop25

I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS PRODUCT!!!! I AM 26 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN BREAKING OUT NON STOP SINCE I WAS 17. I HAVE TRIED EVERY NON PRESCRIPTION AND PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AVAILABLE. THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER CLEARED UP MY SKIN AND KEPT IT CLEAR. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THIS STUFF WORKS! THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I THOUGHT THAT MY STUBBORN ACNE WAS TOTALLY UNRESPONSIVE TO TREATMENT. I'M SO GLAD I WAS WRONG! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jen1473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this recently because I noticed my pores were clogged. I definitely saw a difference after a few days. It makes my skin feel clean and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pennypie

I love this product and use it religiously following "Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser." I apply with a cotton square using upward sweeps, twice daily. These products have made a huge difference for my skin and complexion. Active ingredients include alpha-hydroxy (glycolic acid), beta-hydroxy (salicylic acid), witch hazel (hamamelis), and alcohol. The list sounds scary, but it does not irritate or over-dry my skin. In fact it keeps me smooth and blemish-free. Even if you're on the fence on this one, it's worth a try, along with "Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser." You can't beat a cleanser/toner regimen trial which costs less than $20 at any drugstore. (Don't forget to complete your daily regimen with moisturizer+SPF.)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by rebvt

I usually don't like Neutrogena products but decided to try this one based on the reviews. I have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and this toner did nothing for me. I definitely did not see any improvement and I think it did break me out a little. There was a strong smell, which wasn't unpleasant, but may be too strong for some. I will not repurchase and will stick to my Olay products from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

This didnt really help my skin, and it did sting a bit. oh well..