April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by evibe73

I thought I could use my fingers to dab on this toner (it's more of an astringent due to alcohol) but didn't get any positive results. My skin turned flaky and tight even tho it's oily/combo. Then i followed the directions and wow! Smoooooth skin, not too oily. Even my husband commented. I use it once a day since it can be drying. Don't think this would be good for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Penny_Lane28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG Toner. I have sensitive skin and use a gentle cleanser. The glycolic acid in this helps my skin stay clear without using too many harsh ingredients. I have strayed from it and have paid the price every time. It's permanently set as my toner. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 7:25:00 AM More reviews by hannah4him

I'm a very picky consumer, and my skin resembles my shopping personality. Sensitive, acne-prone, prone to hyperpigmentation, the works... I began using this after I realized that what works for others really won't work for me. I read reviews on Neutrogena Clear Pore Mask/Cleanser, and I realized that I was highly allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide (the key ingredient). My skin was so red and itchy after I had used it. After looking through reviews here which can be so addicting btw, I decided to take the plunge and buy this toner. I've used Clinique's Clarifying Lotion #2 in the past, as much as I liked it, it didn't make much of a difference. I really don't mind alcohol in toners, I actually think a little bit of alcohol does acne-prone skin good because it diminishes the presence of bacteria.
Anyways, I went out and bought this at Kmart, the price tag was at 8..something, but it wasn't too bad, I thought. Now for the praise :) I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, going on 3, and when I do get pimples, this toner calms it down and gets rid of it in a day or two... And the scars from past pimples are fading away slowly. I've also been using sunscreen religiously (Shiseido SPF 55 lotion) with this, and I've been using Neutrogena Triple Clean Antibacterial Cleanser with this.
I will definately buy this again when I run out. It's a great product from Neutrogena! I highly recommend this for people who have tried everything. I've tried proactiv without success, and as mentioned above, bp and my skin don't get along. I've tried Aqua Glycolic which didn't work for me... this toner is great, and I hope neutrogena never discontinues this... EVER! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by vietgurlisa

Too drying for me, even thought I'm oily. It it a toner, so I knew to expect that. I switch products VERY often, so the bottle got all used up. GOOD after a workout, or in the summer when you get REALLY greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lisa00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No matter what else I use on my face, this product is the most important part of my skincare regimen. I don't think it has any effect on the size of your pores, but it is an incredible exfoliater. Nothing else I've ever used for exfoliation purposes comes close to this stuff! I generally have dry/slightly sensitive skin and I've never had a problem with irritation. I use moisturizer after the toner and my skin looks wonderful and feels completely smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by beautifly

This is actually is a bottle of alcohol. It smells so strong! At first, I don't like it and i left the whole bottle sitting in the bathroom. When I got some mosquito bites over the legs. I put it on. It stops swelling and itch!!! It makes me surprised! Now, whenever I got a pimple swollen or after picking at my face, I put it on with aloe. It stops swelling and the spread of bacteria. It's very good for theraputic use like this. I have been using half bottle so far!! Amazing product for that use huh! But I don't recommand it for someone with normal or dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 2:34:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

According to the ingredients list, this stuff should be way too harsh to use. However, when I used it my skin was quite clear. I had some drying and flakiness at first, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a dab of moisturizer, and it did wonders for my acne. I stopped using it because I was afraid of what the alcohol would do to my skin (I had just gotten a copy of paula begoun's book) and my skin stayed clear for a while, but I'm considering going back to it because it did such wonders for my acne. It's also hard to find a product with significant amounts of both BHAs and AHAs without paying a lot but this product fits the bill, is quite inexpensive, and I prefer the toner formulation to a cream or gel as it feels cleaner on my skin. This is definitely not for the sensitive or dry, and if you've been picking at your face it will burn like hell, but it's great for acne on oily, less-sensitive skin. However, it won't shrink your pores at all; buy it if you want a chemical exfoliant or acne-fighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by my3suns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Haven't used a toner in a while. Decided to try something for these large pours on and around my nose. I like the product ok, like the way my face feels using it, but have not noticed even a smidgen of pour size reduction. I could keep it in my routine or leave it, pretty indifferent to the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2005 7:16:00 PM More reviews by caityplum

After three days of using this (once a day after cleansing at night), my skin looks like the life has been sucked out of it. The apples of my cheeks look red and irritated and my skin is stripped and dry. It smells like nail polish remover and has the effect I imagine NPR would have if I put it on my face. This is going straight down the drain. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by AMSD

I have clear, normal T-zone-esque skin and generally love Neutrogena products. I just do not see what's so great about this toner, though. I rarely get zits, but did get a nice massive one that lasted for over a week after bringing this product into my cleaning regimen (maybe there isn't a direct correlation but it certainly didn't improve my impression). No impact to pore appearence and the toner actually felt cloying, not refreshing or anything that can be seen as a plus. Sticking to the pore refining *cleanser* (which IS fantastic, my HG) and dropping this one.