February 28, 2015 | 1880 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by jorja13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makeup has great coverage especially if you have uneven toned skin, or any blemishs like capillaries, it lasts all day long. EL need to add a pump to their packaging. Discovered a new shade Henna 4, girl at counter gave me a sample. I usually use Tawny for winter, this morning i mixed tawny with henna sample and I love it (its yellow tone) so going to go back to store to return shell beige for a swap of henna, (as I was going to try mixing tawny with shell beige). EL please bring out more yellow tones in DW as your makeup is a defenitely staple in my makeup regime. Tip good moisture cream eg. clinique dramatic underneath and no problem putting DW on your face, it helps it glide on. Bought a pump for my DW from MAC counter hope it works.. I have tried every makeup out there chanel, clinique, boots new, bobbi brown etc... sometimes I put a little MAC studio fix NC35 over DW tawny for a really nice finish...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by RosesBloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh yes, definitely looks great on and has excellent coverage. It's like I instantly have flawless skin and you can't tell I am wearing make up. But it gave both my sister and I the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Seriously, my skin looked like a before picture for proactiv. Took me awhile to figure out it was the makeup, but sure enough, my nose and chin, the only.spots I didn't.put the makeup, were acne clear. And then my sister has managed to get her skin clear for a while now, but she broke out shortly after using this product on her cheeks- the only spot she put it on. If your skin has been a previous battle with acne, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by HarleyChick1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I like trying new products but I always come back to this one. You dont need a lot to get great coverage. I have oily skin and I never feel shiny while wearing it. It lasts all day. I cant say enough good things about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time my husband has ever commented on how good my skin looked....not the makeup, but my skin.....it was a great match, didn't feel as heavy as other longwear foundations, and looked great all day. It did not accentuate my wrinkles like some other longwear products did, and didn't appear mask like. Expensive yes, worth it, yes.....every day makeup I use my Missha BB Cream, but this is awesome when you want to look perfect!!!!!

Update: Although I still love this product, with my skin getting more fine lines, and a little drier in areas, it makes it very hard to get a perfect application without drawing attention to the lines....I never bothered trying to use the new formula, so I cannot say if they addressed this or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by TemptedByBeauty

This is a very good foundation also for oily skin. Stays perfectly during the whole day without need to correct the make up. I was hesitant when this product was recommended for me but now I'm definitely convinced. Perfect for long office hours and nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by taor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST matte and oil control foundation ever, it looks even better after a few hours because it gives you a dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by monicamayuga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying this is my HG foundation!!! I'm so glad that I've finally found it after three years of searching and stressing over the perfect foundation. I tried countless foundations and this is by far the best I've encountered. I've tried Chanel, Armani, Dior, Laura Mercier, MUFE, NARS, MAC, Lancome, you name it, I've tried it. I have really oily, sensitive, and acne proned skin. So it's really hard for me to find the right foundation for my skin type. Also, I work 8 hrs a day and I'm a full time student during the evening so I needed something long wearing and won't budge. I tried Revlon colorstay for this purpose and loved it. But after a couple of days I started to have blackheads all over my cheeks. The nurse I work with suggested that since Colorstay isn't oil free, my pores may have been clogged. Estee Lauder DW did not make me break out at all!! Which is rare for long wearing foundations. Usually my face would be oily after 2-3 hrs of foundation wear. With DW, by the end of the day (my day consists from 7am-10pm) my face is just dewy, not greasy!! and that's without blotting! I wore it yesterday and my friends could not stop complimenting me about my foundation and now they all want to try it out. The only complain I have about this foundation is that the color range is good but not great. I am an NC40-42 in MAC and the lady from Macy's suggested that I'm a 4N1/4W1 Shell Beige. I purchased it and when I went home and tried it on my face it seemed a tad bit too light. So i exchanged it for the darker color which is 5W1 Bronze. I found out the next day that Bronze was too dark for me. So I purchased Shell Beige again, and just decided to mix it to get my perfect color. I don't mind it, but it's just inconvenient. Also this foundation does not come with a pump. So I purchased the MAC pump trimmed it a little, and it works perfectly! The brush I use for this is my MAC 188, and it gives me that airbrush finish I desire. I tried using my Sigma F80 with this foundation but I found that it made me look cakey. I just ordered the famous beauty blender, so I'll let you guys know how that goes! This foundation is highly highly recommended! I'm finally done searching for my HG! Go try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

New colours - Rattan (called 2W2 but more like 3W2) and Cashew (called 3W2 but more like 4W2). Now only AU$50!

This fdtn actually led me to write my first email to a makeup company. Estee, PLEASE bring this out in more colours!
EL DW is an incredible foundation. I have referred it to a number of my friends, trying to live vicariously through them. I like my face to look yellow toned, and sadly Estee simply does not cater to that. All fdtns are neutral or pink. I found every single one I tried made my face look like a mask.
Colour aside this fdtn pretty much covers all bases if you want a full coverage, perfect satin finish, zero pores, zero dry patches, literally 20 hours of wear, the list goes on.
This fdtn is scary in how good it is. If you get the colour right, it will perfect your face. As you apply, pores, blemishes, imperfections, redness, will disappear!
Some of us have dryness around the nose, and this made it go away like no other fdtn I have ever tried, it was just gone! No dryness, no flaky skin, no nothing, for hours. Perfect.
If you don't like full coverage, then EL DWL is for you. Similar to its older sister, but lighter coverage (obviously).
One gripe is EL DW can dry you out slightly, this is common for a fdtn which lasts so long. It won't moisturise your skin, and my bestie who is a flight attendant, can't wear it.
Upside to this is it will stay perfect in humidity.
It can be hard to remove, but not if you invest in an oil cleanser (see my review on FANCL).
I had no issues at all with clogging or breakouts :) Get a sample of this and check it out!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by HiLaurennn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first applied this foundation I was stunned with just how matte it is. You only need a tiny bit of product for full coverage and I use my fingers to apply. The coverage is brilliant, covering every little patch, evening out my skin tone and making me look all together flawless. I have problem skin so this sold the product straight away. One thing I did notice after a few uses is that this product needs to be blended really well as it is very noticeable if you do a quick application and leaves patches if it isn't blended but of course leaving your skin so flawless the foundation itself would have to be a bit stubborn and chalk like. This for me wasn't a problem as It only takes a second to make sure my foundation is even. The only real downside is the transfer.. the transfer on this product is awful. All I had to do was use my phone and my phone would be covered in foundation (I was only using the tiniest amount aswell) even simply touching my face and my hand would be covered in foundation. I'm unsure whether I would buy this product again for that fact alone, coverage is brilliant but it doesn't last long and I don't have time to keep applying (or scrubbing my belongings every time they go near my face)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by indiahill26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really felt I had hit home with this product, having searched for a while for a product with good coverage that I would not have to keep reapplying. Regarding this, double wear is a great foundation which gives full coverage pretty much all day. However, I found the foundation a little too heavy for my skin and felt that, especially if I applied it all over my face, it looked very much like a 'mask' of make up. I felt this didn't help the condition of my skin as I suffer from an oily t zone and frequent break outs. I want to have something light on my face that doesn't feel like it's clogging up my pores. I will finish off the bottle I have now but will probably switch to double wear light in the future which has a lighter consistency and seems far more suited to my skin.