Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 9/16/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does nothing to me. I tried this because i wanted something cheap to use during the time of the month. It is now sitting there and will be throw out really soon.

on 8/17/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

luv it as a mask! i can feel clean my pores. usually when i get white heads i use this mask and there gone! plus if i get a huge zit i put the mask on it over night and in the morning its either gone or alot smaller. it has an amazing cooling sensation! the only thing i dont like is that after i use it it makes my face a little pink but its gone in like 40 seconds lol.

on 8/13/2010 10:48:00 AM

Well there that goes!! I have been using this for the last year and it cleared up my cystic acne like nothing else. In the last month I couldn't find it anywhere-had a bad feeling it was discontinued. Went to Walmart today and found what I think MAY be the replacement-Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control. It's also a cleanser/mask and contains Salicylic Acid as where the Clear Pore contained Benzoyl Peroxide. Haven't tried it yet but hoping it's the same or my chin is gonna turn into a hot mess:(

This used to be my HG acne cleanser 4 years in college and it was pretty good. I liked the tingling feeling after washing and the 3.5% BP didn't overly dry out my skin. I also used it as a mask when I wanted a deeper clean.

on 8/2/2010 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was able to find two tubes of this at Walgreen's, so I grabbed them. I love this as both a cleanser and a clay mask. It feels great and works so well! I'm highly disappointed that Neutrogena discontinued this.

on 7/31/2010 10:31:00 PM

This is part of my daily routine in the shower. I love cleansers that are creamy, the lathery types make me feel like i'm gonna drown. This cleanser reminds me of noxema, but not as harsh. i just don't feel clean until i have used this then st. ives apricot scrub.

I just read the other posts about ncpcm being discontinued. why do they have to disrupt my routine of like 5 years?!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so upset that this is discontinued.. I absolutely love it! It is genius, I love that it doubles as a cleanser and a mask. It makes my skin feel wonderful. My face is so much less oily the next day, even in Texas heat. I am on a mission to go out and find these babies before they disappear!

However, if you have acne-prone skin, I do not recommend this. My sister tried it out recently and she broke out like crazy. It just goes to show how different people's skin can be!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so this is discontinued now but I was able to grab the last one on the shelf at walmart recently so if you wanna try it out, i'd recommend you hurry out there and get it before its gone.

Now, i bought this product based on the great reviews here. i had mild acne but then i started using proactiv which made it horrible. i dont know if it was the BP in proactiv but my skin was in pain after using that. i decided to try this to clear up my horrible breakouts caused by proactiv. it has BP in it also but only 3.5% which I thought would mean its less agressive.

I've only used this a few times so I cant give the best review but i just wanted to say my experience so far. This stuff makes my skin SO itchy. ive never used anything that made my face itch before this. it sucks because my face (particularly my jawline) itches like crazy constantly.. its so annoying and painful! im still using this product waiting to see if it will do anything for my acne but so far the only thing its done is aggravated my skin.

p.s i wanted to love it, seriously. :(

this stuff saved my skin
pea sized amount in the morning
pea sized amount in the evening
use too much it will dry out or irritate your skin
but use it with a light hand and it'll clear up cystic acne!

on 7/6/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is definitely my favorite drugstore acne treatment. It's not the world's greatest cleanser in terms of removing make-up and other gunk from your face, but if you have a breakout, following up your nightly cleanse with this stuff as a mask will definitely clear it up. I use it as a mask every other night and I have seen a tremendous improvement on the texture of my skin.