November 22, 2014 | 1021 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by azng4life

I really love this cleanser. When I was dying from not washing my face before freshman year, my face broke out horribly. I originally used the Oxy Maximum Strength Acne Wash which did clear my skin, but left my oily skin extremely dry and flakey. I read that you could tone down the percentage of benzoyl peroxide in your face wash and it'd still be as successful so I transitioned from 10% to the 3.5% in this cleanser. At first, I was seriously skeptical that this thing would work and read over 100 reviews to see how good it was. It payed off. My skin is really clear and I only have about 3 blemishes at a time now. Plus, the fact that it's non-foaming makes it more fitting for use with my Clarisonic.

I've used it as both a daily cleanser and mask. When using it as a mask, you really do feel a tingy cooling effect on your face, but if you leave it on for too long your face can feel really itchy. I don't suggest using it as a spot treatment because it can bleach your sheets. Once I heard that Neutrogena might be discontinuing it I was about to cry! There aren't many low percentage non-foaming BP cleansers out there and this one works so well! I bought a second one just in case, but I really hope it stays around. I almost resorted to purchasing the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, but then realized this cleanser was SO much better because it was medicated and really cleared your pimples because of the BP.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by emelza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a mask and while I don't think it's a miracle worker, it does feel nice and I do feel like my pores are super clean. As far as it being discontinued, I don't seem to have any problems finding it in my part of the country. But if anyone is looking for a similiar cleanser with BP, try Clean and Clear Continuous Acne Wash. It has 5% BP (I believe) and comparable in price. I have had great success with it as a daily cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also think this has been discontinued and it makes me want to cry. I have never tried a cleanser with BP in it before this, and this is the ONLY thing that has helped clear up my skin as well as my Dermalogica Bedtime for Breakouts. These were the only 2 products I used and I learned that less is more...I finally had clear skin!! I went to Ulta twice and their shelf was empty for this product. Then I went to Walmart...same thing. I can't believe they are discontinuing this product! I talked to a rep for Ulta and we were trying to find a comparable cleanser to this (one with BP instead of SA which does nothing for me), and the only thing I found was DDF Acne Scrub with 2.5 BP. It is literally $30 more than the Neutrogena, but I did always wish they made it with little scrubbies like the DDF. So, if the DDF works anything like the Neutrogena, I will continue to use it. Other than that...this stuff was THE SH*T! So sad it's gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by crazzybeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that this is a creamy foamy cleanser and a mask in one!!! Nice. Works like a mud mask. :) Makes me look fresh after. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I really hope this isn't being discontinued, as another poster reported. Because it has a low concentration of BP, it controls my acne without making my skin too dry (a dab of facial lotion counteracts the mild flakiness). I haven't experienced any problems with premature aging yet, but that could be because I use the Neutrogena cleanser in the morning and an Olay anti-aging scrub at night. After two weeks on this combined regimen, my moderate acne has cleared up. I don't have any more pimples, with the exception of one scabbed over blemish that's in the process of healing. That's another thing: I've noticed that my blemishes heal faster when I use this cream. No more red acne scars.

Unfortunately, the BP that does such a good job of fading acne scars willl also bleach fabric. So if you do not want to ruin your nice shirts and blouses, just wash your face in the shower so that you can rinse fully before getting dressed.

Aside from that minor caveat, I have no problems with this cleanser. I plan to keep using it--or something like it--for as long as I can afford it. Although it's not as expensive as high end acne cleansers from Clinique and Proactiv, it's still a little pricey for a drug store cleanser. But it's worth every red cent!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ive only used this once so far but tonight will be my second time trying it out!
im just using it as a mask 2 times a week because it really seems to help me out that way, i love neutrogena, i also use the neutrogena oil free acne wash, together they seen good, :)
ps. my pores have gotten smaller, it doesent take away or fade the red marks but it takes the pimples and everything away, red marks usaully go away between 6 to 12 months.or your could get dermavation, deppening on how bad you have acne.

there is always a solution :)

but this product works really good as a mask for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm having wonderful results alternating a combination of products. The Neutrogena Clear Pore mask with Acne Stress Control one morning and the Oil Free Acne Wash with a benzoyl peroxide cream the next. Skin looks great! And I have difficult skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by strandedinpolska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this as a face wash for about several months. I didn't have any issues with it in general. It helped clear up any hormonal acne I got along the way and helped keep my skin clear and smooth. But after a while I noticed I was getting fine lines along my forehead (horizontal ones) and I'm only 23 and judging by my mother I know what I'm in for and for being 55, she looks great. So I was a little upset by this. And I couldn't figure it out. Then I read Gottalight's review a few posts down and did some research and found other users of this product were also experience premature aging. So I am discontinuing the use of this face wash and we'll see if I get any reversing. I hope so. :[

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

One of the few products I've ever repurchased. I use this as a mask, and it's one of the few things that makes a difference in my acne. The mint is very refreshing, the kaolin soaks up oil, and the benzoyl peroxide does its job.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by 1aurac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin acne-prone skin and this cleanser keeps my breakouts at bay. I use it in conjunction with Clearasil treatment cream to prevent and treat breakouts. It contains menthol so it gives a nice tingly feeling. I've tried it as a mask but found it to be too drying. My only complaint it that it doesn't last long. Especially, if used twice a day. I noticed my skin was getting too dry so I switched to once a day and continued to use my Neutrogena grapefruit scrub once a day. I highly recommend this for acne-prone skin.