November 24, 2014 | 1986 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by chaeriste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Recently went back to this after unsuccessful attempts to find something else. Like a good man, a good concealer is difficult to find. I wear shade 03. I love this stuff, but only use it as foundation when I'm looking for SERIOUS coverage. Otherwise, it's concealer, baby. I get great wear out of this, and love the texture. I have very dry skin and wear primer (Silicone-based), if that helps anyone. Price is outrageous, but if I have it forever, it'll be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by daydreamer3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this in the shade SX07, which was a good match for my light olive skin. However, the real problem was that I had no use for this product. It didn't look natural to use as a spot concealer, and it was too cakey to use as a foundation. It also had a tendency to peel on any dry spots. This is also extremely overpriced... I mean, $45! Come on! I'm glad that I was able to sell it on eBay and get my money back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 8:32:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I've finally found the perfect undereye concealer! I have medium-brown Asian skin with dark brown undereye circles that nothing can eradicate. After years of using peachy concealers and mixing and matching with concealer sticks, I finally found a heavily pigmented formula that you need so little of (!) that matches my skintones and stays put with a light dusting of powder. It does not crease or disappear either. Remember though, as with all undereye concealers, they should significantly/markedly reduce the circles but not eliminate them (otherwise you're sure to look like a reverse 'coon!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by stumblina1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Stopped in a new beauty store at the big local mall and was tempted by this line. Originally, was given #2 which was much too light & pink for me, so exchanged for #5. Wish I had played around with it more before exchanging colors, because I should have just returned it. Can't quite figure out how to make it work for me. It's cakey as an undereye concealer even when mixed with moisturizer and while I liked the idea of being able to use it allover, it doesn't work. I've read the suggestions and even emailed 2x for help on Kevyn Aucoin's website, but no one emailed me back. I'm just tempted to pitch it. I'd much rather spend the money on Cle de Peau's concealer (which I love, though I have to order by mail).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by livie981

I love this foundation. I have it in SX 07 and it matches my skin perfectly. I have very red cheeks and a bit of redness around my nose and mouth. I just use this on those areas. I use just a tiny bit (no more than the size of a grain of rice) with a foundation brush and blend, blend, and blend some more! It covers all the redness perfectly and makes me look like I have naturally flawless skin! People don't believe me when I tell them I am wearing foundation! Love it and will definitly continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by DavinaD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really not sure about this product. I have to say it does cover extremely well, and with a very very small amount. However, I think it takes ALOT of practice to get the application right; the first time I tried it I must have overapplied it because it's actually kind of 'dyed' my skin as it were. Days later after not using it for a while, I still have a ring of light around under my eyes where I spread the product out to blend into the rest of my face. It's not overly noticeable, but still its there. Granted, I did overapply, but it still shouldn't do that! I also think it made my dark circles worse, not at the time of using it, as it did seem to cover very well, but in the days after the dark circles did seem so much worse suddenly. As I said, it does cover well, but it just didn't cut it for me, there just still wasn't something quite right with that respect that I can't put my finger on. (apart from the fact it tatooed my skin argh) I think if you can get the application right and the right shade for you, this could probably work for you, but it doesn't meet my apparantly high expectations. UPDATE: I LOVE this on other parts of my face other than undereyes, e.g. blemishes, redness around the sides of the nose. Have since tried it on these parts and it just makes my whole face look more flawless and radiant. However, I noticed the skin-dyeing thing going on around my nose for a day or so... maybe I have a shade too light...?!(I have SX02)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by shannonnic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Anyone with sensitive skin, BEWARE. This product turned my eyelids red and made the skin peel. There must be some ingredient that is very irritating near the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 5/6/06: I finally decided #7 was too dark, and I exchanged for #5. #5 is a much, much better match. It somehow feels a little thinner than #7, but the color tradeoff is worth it.

This is a GREAT product, but it cannot be used haphazardly or with a heavy hand. It takes only the smallest amount to offer serious coverage. I don't even think of using this in terms of "grain of rice" as so many others have mentioned; I use this in terms of a smudge. Just a tiny, flat smudge of this on the tip of my finger covers, for example, my entire forehead and my nose. I usually don't use this all over my face, but in selected areas which require more coverage. The make up associate matched me with 07, which is a bit too dark. However, once I set it with powder, it really isn't. She suggested I keep this in mind, because she said nothing would look worse than chalky white once my makeup was done. I now agree, and I think this was likely a good call on her part. Also, this makes great undereye concealer. I just can't get over how thick and densely pigmented this is. I haven't tried mixing it with any lotions because it already spreads and blends easily onto my oily skin. It lasts super long, too. I said I would buy it again, but it will be probably two years at least before I could use all this up. When you look at how long it lasts, the $42.50 price tag doesn't seem so bad. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 10:05:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

I got this in a swap, and can't imagine why she didn't keep it! It is truly a concealer ! Miracle ! You must use a tiny drop that seems waaayyy less than you'd think or it will be too much! But it spreads well, covers nicely w/o creasing, and lasts. It does everything. The instructions don't call it a concealer. I don't know, maybe it would be something else like a e/s base. The instructions say it can even be used instead of fndn but I don't see how that is possible, given the small amount you need to use and the area you'd have to cover. I like Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer, but this tops that (and is less expensive, if you can imagine anything KA less expensive!) If there is anything I don't like, it comes in a small but wide-mouth jar which looks like it would dry out fast to me. Maybe a squeeze bottle like eyedrops or something would be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by winnysong

I LOVE this product. it blended seamlessly into my skin. It looked flawless without the cakieness you get from other products. I have combination skin, but mostly very oily and very acne prone, this product works great. I m also asian with olive skin.

Because you use such a little amount (a grain of rice) (mix in with lots of lotion/primer) the finished product sets beautifully and looks satin soft. The skin did not give the appearance of a layer of foundation like most products.

(note that most foundation do NOT blend into the skin but sort of just stay atop.) Kevyn aucoin's product sets into the skin, becomes apart of the skin, you look great.

as to refute all the bad reviews, these people are not applying the product correctly and are not realistic, come on... if you have bumps on your skin, or acne, no makeup in the world is going to cover that up, except maybe make it worse because you caked on your makeup.

in short... GREAT PRODUCT
______________________________________________________________
UPDATE: i have just recently discovered that certain lotion tends to peel off when mixed with sensual skin enhancer, which explains why some consumer experience the "dry skin effect." I've dsicovered that clinique's lotions causes this as well as the Christian dior serum with spf 8.

______________________________________________________________
Another update (11/11/08) - after having used this product for about 3 years now, I wanted to update my review. My SX11 is too YELLOW. I look like I have jaundice. And for some unknown reason the product has become unmanageable to me. It no longer blends into my skin but feels as if it's just sitting on-top. by afternoon i have patches of makeup on my face. This will be my last purchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No