March 2, 2015 | 996 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

EDITED: I brought this back to Mecca Cosmetica--I'd been sold the wrong color. SX07 was too obviously yellow for me. The MA agreed and exchanged it for SX05. Wow,what a difference. I've been using this practically every day--sometimes as concealer, and sometimes as foundation. Depending on how I'm feeling, I apply either with my fingers or my Armani blender brush (just coating the very tips of the bristles on one side is enough for the entire face). Sometimes for an extra-velvety polished look, I mix with Clarins Instant Smooth primer in about a 3:1 ratio. Gorgeous! And it lasts. Oily/acne gals, do not be afraid of the heavy-ish texture, it has not given me any breakouts. A staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2006 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Orwell

PERFECT for my skin - it is a great foundation that covers very well (I have acne scars) and it works well but looks natural when mixed with the KA primer and blended into the skin. You only need a tiny amount and it lasts for a whole day. My only thing is that after about 8 hours, my skin looks a little oily, but nothing a brush of powder can't fix. It has not made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by SmillaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank you Mr. Aucoin for this, it is utterly amazing. I have SX01 (I'm super pale) and this stuff is THE BEST concealer ever. I noticed some of you have had flaking issues, this stuff is not to be used over moisturiser but rather a decent primer. I recommend the KA primer as it's not too heavy on the silicon. I understand the price could put some people off but this stuff lasts forever and the packaging prevents early break down of the product.

Mr Aucoin, I'll bet you're now making the angels look pretty. You are missed Sir.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 6:25:00 AM More reviews by pinkladyjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had SX-08 for a year now, and have about half the tiny jar left - and I use it (primarily as a concealer) almost daily. I have medium-tan Asian skin. SSE is reminiscent of Shu Uemura's highly pigmented cream foundation compacts, but in a more elegant container and with a more pliable texture. You only need to apply the tiniest bit - I barely dab the tip of a Prescriptives nylon-bristle flat concealer brush in this for my whole face. I usually apply it as an undereye and blemish concealer.

Kevyn recommended using a lighter shade of SX on places where light naturally hits the face, like the chin, center of forehead, bridge of the nose, etc. I might buy the SX-06 or 07 and try this out. It is surprisingly easy to use, so long as you use it sparingly. Just dab it on and let it sit on your skin a few minutes while you put on eye makeup, then blend it in as needed with your fingertips, brush or sponge. It sets matte, almost skin-like, and gives impressively natural opaque coverage. It lasts all day on my dry skin and is reeeally resistant to moisture; you'll need a cream or soap-based cleanser to wash it off, water alone won't cut it. Oilier complexions might not like the heaviness of this product, but it is a superb concealer and highlighter for normal-dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by chaeriste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Recently went back to this after unsuccessful attempts to find something else. Like a good man, a good concealer is difficult to find. I wear shade 03. I love this stuff, but only use it as foundation when I'm looking for SERIOUS coverage. Otherwise, it's concealer, baby. I get great wear out of this, and love the texture. I have very dry skin and wear primer (Silicone-based), if that helps anyone. Price is outrageous, but if I have it forever, it'll be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by daydreamer3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this in the shade SX07, which was a good match for my light olive skin. However, the real problem was that I had no use for this product. It didn't look natural to use as a spot concealer, and it was too cakey to use as a foundation. It also had a tendency to peel on any dry spots. This is also extremely overpriced... I mean, $45! Come on! I'm glad that I was able to sell it on eBay and get my money back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 8:32:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I've finally found the perfect undereye concealer! I have medium-brown Asian skin with dark brown undereye circles that nothing can eradicate. After years of using peachy concealers and mixing and matching with concealer sticks, I finally found a heavily pigmented formula that you need so little of (!) that matches my skintones and stays put with a light dusting of powder. It does not crease or disappear either. Remember though, as with all undereye concealers, they should significantly/markedly reduce the circles but not eliminate them (otherwise you're sure to look like a reverse 'coon!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by stumblina1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Stopped in a new beauty store at the big local mall and was tempted by this line. Originally, was given #2 which was much too light & pink for me, so exchanged for #5. Wish I had played around with it more before exchanging colors, because I should have just returned it. Can't quite figure out how to make it work for me. It's cakey as an undereye concealer even when mixed with moisturizer and while I liked the idea of being able to use it allover, it doesn't work. I've read the suggestions and even emailed 2x for help on Kevyn Aucoin's website, but no one emailed me back. I'm just tempted to pitch it. I'd much rather spend the money on Cle de Peau's concealer (which I love, though I have to order by mail).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by livie981

I love this foundation. I have it in SX 07 and it matches my skin perfectly. I have very red cheeks and a bit of redness around my nose and mouth. I just use this on those areas. I use just a tiny bit (no more than the size of a grain of rice) with a foundation brush and blend, blend, and blend some more! It covers all the redness perfectly and makes me look like I have naturally flawless skin! People don't believe me when I tell them I am wearing foundation! Love it and will definitly continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by DavinaD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really not sure about this product. I have to say it does cover extremely well, and with a very very small amount. However, I think it takes ALOT of practice to get the application right; the first time I tried it I must have overapplied it because it's actually kind of 'dyed' my skin as it were. Days later after not using it for a while, I still have a ring of light around under my eyes where I spread the product out to blend into the rest of my face. It's not overly noticeable, but still its there. Granted, I did overapply, but it still shouldn't do that! I also think it made my dark circles worse, not at the time of using it, as it did seem to cover very well, but in the days after the dark circles did seem so much worse suddenly. As I said, it does cover well, but it just didn't cut it for me, there just still wasn't something quite right with that respect that I can't put my finger on. (apart from the fact it tatooed my skin argh) I think if you can get the application right and the right shade for you, this could probably work for you, but it doesn't meet my apparantly high expectations. UPDATE: I LOVE this on other parts of my face other than undereyes, e.g. blemishes, redness around the sides of the nose. Have since tried it on these parts and it just makes my whole face look more flawless and radiant. However, I noticed the skin-dyeing thing going on around my nose for a day or so... maybe I have a shade too light...?!(I have SX02)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No