April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave the "packaging" a 3 because the foil label wears off on mac brushes - i do put clear n/p on it to avoid this.

I love this brush. it really has made me fall in love with e/s that i had previously thought was too low in pigmentation. you can really pack on colour (but a lot of the effect really depends on what base you are using, as you need to have something to hold onto the product you are packing on).

if i lost this brush i would buy it again for sure.

this and a blending brush are all you need for an easy eyeshadow look. i love the 272 (or the 217) and the 224 for blending.

if you only wanted to ever buy 2 brushes, i'd say get the 239 and 217! magic!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by angellove78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the first mac brush i laid my money down for, and this was well worth it, am in love with this brush, i use this everyday...!
if there is a flaw to this brush i have yet to come across it, it washes easily, and packs on colour nicely since i have small lids...!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by redqueen11

Soft, precise, versatile. I love it. After years of using cheap drugstore brushes or the applicators that come with eyeshadows, I can see just how big of a difference there is with this brush. The price is a little steep, which is the only thing stopping me from running out and buying 5 more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

Perfect for packing on color, a must-have eye brush that can also be used to blend! I use this every single day (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by goldengirl77

I'd been using my 217 or some Loew Cornell brush I bought to apply my shadows to my lid for about a year or so, and on a whim last month while buying stuff from the Spring Color Forecast collection, I decided to pick up a 239. WOW! I've been missing OUT! This bad boy is fantastic for packing color onto the lid. I couldn't figure out why my shadows looked so pigmented in the pan, but kinda washed out and bland on my lid. It was because I didn't have THIS brush. Seriously, a good primer and the 239 is all you need to get a great color payoff from your shadows (provided you have good pigmented shadows to begin with...). I also use it to apply shadow to the lower lash line when I don't feel like pulling out my smaller brush. It's soft, lush, a bit on the expensive side, but worth it IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

Even though I do think this brush is expensive I would definitely buy again. It is a great brush for depositing color and it is also soft. I will say that I do have a favorite next to this one and that is my Loew-Cornell 1/4" mini mop which serves the exact purpose of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by bumblebees24

This is a must have in the makeup brush kit. It packs on the colors real well and does not have a lot of fall out even for pigments. The only drawback are the white bristles which takes deep cleaning to get rid of the color stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

years and years of using this goat hair brush for ES applications validate it .

don't think I have not strayed -- oh yes, I have ES brushes from every major cosmetics manufacturer in the US and abroad. But I always come back to this one. It packs on most ES with the aplomb and dexterity of a good singer belting out a song. I love that it is white -- I keep my brushes (I have 8 of these now) by colors and since the white hair takes on the color of the ES I can easily see what shades I can use this with.

This is not cheap but it will provide years of use. Just keep it clean (baby shampoo is fine to wash them with) and let them air dry on the side of any piece of furniture...do not stand them up as the base/ferrule will hold water and damage the hairs. Do not let them dry in a closed space as the same damage can occur.

One caveat: DO NOT BUY the SE editions of MAC... the quality of the brush is sometimes very different and inferior to the regular length of brush. For my personal use, I have my husband cut and sand the ends of my brushes so they fit into a smaller travelling bag. For work, I much prefer the longer length of brushes.

these are must have brushes for a good ES application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had the 239 for many years now. I have just recently tried the bobbi brown and some other brushes and the 239 is still my favorite. it is dense so it goes on amazing and gives good color... the best in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mimie

I must confess that i never believed that mac brushes were the top brushes even though the reviews here were so good and i thought they were too expencive to bother with them.So i cept buying simple brushes small, pretty cheap and stuff like that. Finally, i came up owning at about 15 little pethetic brushes for the eyes wich slowly the one after the other were either into 2 pieces ( because the metalic thing that has the hairs from the brush got seperated from the plastic stick) or the hairs were dropping and falling....That means that every month i had to buy new...Well that fact costed me money and got me very upset...
Therefore, i decided to go for it and buy one mac brush, just to try it.When i touched the brush on my eyelid i was amazed.The application of the eyeshadow was truly good, but what really maked the difference was the softness of the brush. Whenever i use it, it's like i'm having a high treatment and i'm sutisfied.

I got one lip out, not because i don't like the product but because this works for me but it might not for others.Every mac brush (even though it is categorized based on use purpose) has a different use like blending, apllication, contouring etc and gives a different result.So if you are going to spend your money on mac brushes you must certainly be sure of what you need! And no salesgirl really knows what you want, so be aware of your needs and take your time to think what you 're asking for.
(wow i posted a really long review :$)