October 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

First of all, I have about NC30 skin or EDM in Winged Butter and this does show up on me, even though the effect is subtle. On my skin tone, Dandelion is a light, slightly brightening, natural shade of peachy pink. It is really hard to go overboard with this, making it a fantastic choice for an everyday throw it on quick and you're out the door kind of color. Also, since it is very subtle, natural and I would imagine universally flattering on lighter skin tones that this actually shows up on. Like many have mentioned, the smell is rather nice and the packaging, though I find cute since its in a square paper box, is not the most convenient. I would prefer a convention flat plastic pan of some sort but it doesn't really matter that much.

I believe that Dandelion is meant to be a sort of complexion enhancer/beauty powder and not necessarily a blush. I mean, its a good idea to make a powder that goes on lighter, not as pigmented and give you lots of it 7grams. First, it makes it easy to control and hard for you to overdo or go wrong with it. Second, you have the option of dusting a light layer all over as a complexion booster. You could put it on heavily and it becomes a natural shade of blush. The thing I like is that, although it is pricey and you can say that its not that pigmented, they give you quite a bit of product so you could use it all over or concentrated as a blush. I actually like the brush it comes with. Its a square flat shape that is really soft and picks up color well and makes the blush go on more pigmented than my own blush brush. It also makes a great contour brush if you don't want to use it for blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a good blush, just not quite the right color for me. It's a bit too pale for my complexion. I prefer a blush that has a bit more color to it (more coral, bronze, and berry colors.) However, I would recommend this product to people who like petal pink blushes. The formula is fine and soft, I love the brush the comes with it, and it does have staying power. Again, great product, just not the color for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by GaddesdenGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can only think I must have a duff one of these looking at all the reviews. I was talked in to it when buying some other bits from benefit. It's a light powder, smells lovely and in a really cute box, but, it is just a no show on my face. I love sheer colors and subtle hues, but seriously, I can't see this at all without having to apply tons and even then it barely shows. I'm really fair of eastern European heritage and never tan, but this just doesn't work for my colouring I guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very fair and like a light blush with little to no shimmer and this one fits the bill... it's very flattering and doesn't shine like a disco ball. It creates a soft, natural flush and is easy to apply with the included brush. I feel that it looks better over Revlon Colorstay than MUFE Face&Body, maybe because the texture of the foundation works better to hold the powder and show its true color, but I love it regardless. The price is higher than I usually pay for blushes, but this one just might be an all-time favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dandelion is a close to a universal blush as is available. If you read these reviews, you'll notice a vast diversity of opinion on color, shimmer, intensity, etc.

For me, it is the most natural of blushes, and truly mimics a genuine blush. Many reviewers comment on the shimmer, but I've never noticed anything but barely-detectable shimmer.

This is the perfect blush for a "no-makeup" day, and it can also double as a sheer wash of color on your lids.

This is a good gift for anyone from a teen to an old woman.

The only cons:
the brush is rubbish (like the all the Benefit box blush brushes.)
expensive (but so little is needed that one box will last years.)
the cardboard packaging is a bit bulky for keeping in your purse and is toast if it gets too wet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised at all the low ratings. You definitely have to be pale to wear this blush. I'm NC10. Since I'm pale and cool-toned, this blush warms up my skin and gives a nice glow to my skin. I find that you can't swatch this blush to be able to tell what it will look like on your cheeks. You really have to try it out on your face. The color is buildable but all I need is one dip of the brush to give me a natural looking flush.

It is definitely not shimmery at all. It gives a subtle sheen to the skin.

The scent is a light floral that I don't detect after it is applied.

I love it and will definitely repurchase again and again. If you liked NARS Sex Appeal, you will probably like this blush. If Sex Appeal was too light for you, Dandelion will probably be too light as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jodielauren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The brush is bloody awful! But other than that, it helps you to get that beautiful no makeup makeup look.
I apply it with the mac angled cheek blush, and it looks lovely

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Seriously, this is a perfect, natural illuminator color. This works beautifully over cheek tint or over foundation. It works with blending with contouring blush. It smells awesome. The brush it comes with actually works. Expensive but lasts for a looooong time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by stl

I really like this color, it's light shimmery pink. I've tried using different kind of brushes with it, but I find that even though the brush it comes with is stiff, the color payoff is much better when used with this brush. Overall, I am pretty happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this blush. It only takes a little bit of product, and it makes you look awake. It's a very light/sheer pinkish color.