Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 10/13/2007 6:23:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Deep Sea Blue and Cosmic Brown. This review is for Deep Sea Blue. It is brighter in person than on the website. I don't think it compliments my blue eyes as well as a deeper blue has. It goes on my crepey eyelids fine, and lasts into the evening with primer. I will buy this eyeliner again but not in this color.

on 10/7/2007 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't gotten the actual product yet but I went and I got samples of three colors : Cosmic Brown, Emerald and Starry Night Blue. I absolutely love these eyeliners. I use Cosmic Brown more on a daily basis and it gives you that subtle look that I really like. It also goes on smoothly and doesn't tug or feel rough. Things like that irk me so I'm really glad these aren't like that. Emerald is a pretty good green color and it looks amazing on tans. (I see that green does look good on tan I dunno why but green brings out something) And Starry Night Blue is like the name of it a starry night. It's like the dark blue of the sky and it's just a great color.

I'm planning on going to Avon to get the actual products soon possibly more samples of other colors.

on 9/23/2007 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been wering eyeliner for 20 years and have tried every single thing out there from Wet and Wild to Estee Lauder. These are, by far, the best ever. They last all day, do not smear, and dont make my eyes red, itchy, runny, or irritate them. I dont use Avon products normally but this is the only eyeliner I will wear now. I use Emerald. I did note the dark blue and the purple all look brown on me. I use the eyeliner inside my eyelid on the bottom. I love this stuff and buy 2-3 at a time.

on 9/18/2007 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My sophomore year of high school, I was on the dance team and we would sell Avon products. One of the girls introduced me to this and since then, this has been the only eyeliner I've used. I tried others but I always came back to this. It never smeared/wore off through all the hours of dance practice/football games/performances and was very convenient to use. It doesn't need to be sharpened and it glides on easily. I'm now a sophomore in college and it still hasn't done me wrong. Hopefully this will be around forever. =)

on 9/16/2007 1:27:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner in Cosmic brown and I love it. It doesn't smudge but is easily blendable. It goes on evenly and the color, doesn't tug my skin, and the color is true to the picture in the Avon book. Another thing I love is that you never have to sharpen it. The eyeliner has never broken on me either. The best part about this is that it's CHEAP!!! Avon often has sales so you're bound to get for even cheaper! I would recommend this product because of it's superb quality and price.

on 9/9/2007 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've also used this since high school! It's been my favorite for years, and I've tried many of the colors. I love the fact that they don't have to be sharpened, and also that they blend so easily. (I use a sponge-tipped eye shadow applicator for blending.) For extra staying-power, I'll sometimes trace over it with some powder eye shadow. I always wait until it goes on sale ($1.99-$2-something), and I'll usually buy a few at a time.

on 9/8/2007 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this product since high school. It's so easy to apply - it goes on smoothly and evenly without pulling or tugging. You really can't beat the price (especially when it goes on sale). I have this in three colors - purple, brown, and grey. I love them all.

on 8/30/2007 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this black and it went on really smooth. No tugging at all and it color stayed on for a long time. Definitely will buy again!

on 8/27/2007 6:39:00 PM

I brought this eyeliner because it was so cheap. What I like is the packaging. It's a twist, which makes it self sharpening and very easy and convenient to use. I can just put it on and go, worryfree. However...

1.) I have to press harder that I'd like to get the enough color on my eyelid. This results in lots of tugging on my eyelid when I apply it. *major* no no.
2.) I have the same problem the user "daybreaking" said in her review below. I end up getting an uneven layer of color - good in some areas and too light on others. This adds to the tugging on my eyelid because I have to go over the line a few times to even out the color.
3.) Better lasting power than their "Feeling Fine ultra thin" eyeliner, but it will still move around. On my especially oily eyelids, the color migrates up and collects in my crease. When I put it on my waterline and lower lash line, it migrates down for instant dark circles on my lower lids. But hey, you get what you paid for.

Overall, i will not rebuy because of the tugging on my eyelid.

on 8/24/2007 2:45:00 PM

First off, you can't really beat the price for this kind of eyeliner. The staying power isn't as good as say, Clinique's, but these come in a wide range of colors, are easy to apply, and look great. I get about 3 hours out of them before the color fades a bit. The packaging is good, the plastic itself doesn't break, but I'm a little rough at times with it and the eyeliner itself has a tendency to break off. That's more of a user-type thing though. I really do like these avon eyeliners, but that being said they're probably the only avon product I have a liking for.