September 30, 2014 | 1628 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product since high school. It's so easy to apply - it goes on smoothly and evenly without pulling or tugging. You really can't beat the price (especially when it goes on sale). I have this in three colors - purple, brown, and grey. I love them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this black and it went on really smooth. No tugging at all and it color stayed on for a long time. Definitely will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by rubykiwi

I brought this eyeliner because it was so cheap. What I like is the packaging. It's a twist, which makes it self sharpening and very easy and convenient to use. I can just put it on and go, worryfree. However...

1.) I have to press harder that I'd like to get the enough color on my eyelid. This results in lots of tugging on my eyelid when I apply it. *major* no no.
2.) I have the same problem the user "daybreaking" said in her review below. I end up getting an uneven layer of color - good in some areas and too light on others. This adds to the tugging on my eyelid because I have to go over the line a few times to even out the color.
3.) Better lasting power than their "Feeling Fine ultra thin" eyeliner, but it will still move around. On my especially oily eyelids, the color migrates up and collects in my crease. When I put it on my waterline and lower lash line, it migrates down for instant dark circles on my lower lids. But hey, you get what you paid for.

Overall, i will not rebuy because of the tugging on my eyelid.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by leftie89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, you can't really beat the price for this kind of eyeliner. The staying power isn't as good as say, Clinique's, but these come in a wide range of colors, are easy to apply, and look great. I get about 3 hours out of them before the color fades a bit. The packaging is good, the plastic itself doesn't break, but I'm a little rough at times with it and the eyeliner itself has a tendency to break off. That's more of a user-type thing though. I really do like these avon eyeliners, but that being said they're probably the only avon product I have a liking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by valeriana

This eyeliner glides on smoothly and stays in place, doesn't smudge even through hours of use. I have it in Cosmic Brown which is the most natural brown I've ever seen (not reddish or purplish or almost black like other eyeliners I've tried). Applied with a light hand, it has a subtle eye-opening "barely there" effect that's just beautiful. I love it. Will buy again (and again) in a heartbeat!

UPDATE: To my fellow Pinays, the review above is for the US version. I bought a local (AVON Philippines) version and it is COMPLETELY different. Do NOT buy the Philippines version even if it's really cheap because you won't be able to use it. It's that bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

I have these in emerald, plum, and grey. These only work if you are looking for a creamy, smudgy, kajal look. They apply creamy, and do not tug or scratch. If you like this finish, you will love them. For the price, they cannot be beat. I love that they have swivel tips and are self sharpening. If you get these on sale, they are quite inexpensive. The colors are deep, and true. Emerald applied in the summer, against a tan, is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by raincat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh...I got this in bronze (waterproof) and it is terrible. Rather than being bronze it's more of a light gold color - and so dry that it tugs like crazy going on. Plus the color hardly shows up at all. I have not been able to get a smooth line with this - since the pencil is so hard and dry it skips all over the place and feels like it's damaging the skin around my eye. No thanks - into the trash it goes...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised over this eyeliner. I bought it as part of a kit and I can say I'm really impressed that a cheap eyeliner works this well. It glides on smoothly and consistently, and the color is very rich (mine's Cosmic Brown). I draw on one line and smudge it, and it lasts all day. It complements my tan/olive skin very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could, I would probably give this a 4.5, but since I can't, I decided to round up the score to a 5. I really like these eyeliners. I have them in both Emerald and Majestic Plum, and am impressed. They are self-sharpening, which I love b/c it eliminates the need for a sharpener, and go on smoothly, with no smudging. My only gripe is that I have found that my Majestic Plum is a little drier than Emerald, so when I use that one, it is a little harder to apply, but it's not a big deal (maybe I just got one from a bad batch?). Overall, I really like these liners, and they come in 2nd place in my book only after Clinique's quickliners. They are pretty inexpensive, especially if you can catch them on sale, which Avon frequently does.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Katwoman141

I love this eyeliner, but i use it under my liquid liner. I tried wearing it by itself, but it does smear on me. I use it as a guide to draw my cateye pattern around my eyes, then trace with Maybelline's waterproof liquid eyeliner. That combination together = No budge eyeliner!