Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the lemon smell and natural ingredients. This cuticle cream is very nourishing and absorbs fairly well if you take the time to massage it in. My cuticles are definitely healthier when I use this, compared to just using hand cream. My other favourite cuticle treatment is The Body Shop almond oil click pen with the cuticle pusher on the end.

on 7/6/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this as an alternative to Vaseline which I used to use on cuticles. It smells so lemony fresh! It really nourishes the skin since I used to be a nail biter. The formula isn't too waxy and is quite rich so you only need a small dab on each finger. I also like that it's made from natural ingredients.

on 6/21/2011 11:29:00 AM

This stuff is a total lifesaver for those who use and wash their hands all the time!!!!!!!!!!! It makes an almost immediate (definitely overnight) difference when your nails and cuticles are rough, dry, cracked - basically ugly ;)~

Couple things - YES, it is a very waxy, greasy consistency...but I find that if I keep it on something that generates heat (my laptop or tv or anything like that), or in a warmer place it smooths much easier...otherwise you just need to work it between your fingers for a minute to warm it up. It will sit on your fingers for a few minutes, but if you rub it in really well and then just "blot" your finger pads, it should not affect anything you touch. Lasts forever and travels well - unless you leave it in your car in the summer...then you will come back to a leaky, runny, mess!!! ;)~

The smell is absolutely DIVINE to me!!!! So fresh and lemony, but also just a bit...sweet...?

If you wear nail polish regularly, this will "eat" at it...but for someone who washes their hands 4+ more times an hour (for work, not because of OCD!!!!), this stuff can be a NAILSAVER. I love TBS Hemp Hand Protector as well, but this stuff is what really smooths and soothes the nail bed/cuticle area - again, practically overnight - when it gets rough'n'raggedy. You will notice an amazing difference if you use for a couple days in a row...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is ok, I doubt Iíll rebuy. Since it seems to matter to people, I have the $6-7, silver tin.
Itís quite hard and waxy, much more a balm than a cream and I donít feel like it really absorbs into my skin, but it does seem to help unsightly dry skin (cuticles or calluses), Iíve also used this on my lips in a pinch. The lemon scent is a little on the heavy side but not disagreeable. As others have mentioned, the packaging is less than desirable; the lid is nearly impossible to remove if youíve got the product on your fingers, and difficult to remove with clean, dry hands. HOWEVER, Iíve remedied this by pushing in the little knobs on the side of the tin with some pliersÖnot flatten them completely so that the lid falls off, but just smash them down a bit so that the lid isnít so impossible to remove.

on 6/11/2011 10:44:00 PM

I love this. Smells great and the little pot is just enough. This has completely repaired my chewed up cuticles. I have one in the office, in my purse and at my desk at home. I'll never be without it.

on 6/10/2011 10:45:00 PM

With my job I tend to use my hands a lot & my nails get beat up & with washing my hands.. well my nails get dry. I bought this because I was curious & the smell made my mouth water so I just wanted to try plus it was on sale. I've been putting this on & off for about 6-7 months at first I was putting it on every night for about 2 weeks & say a big difference in my nails. I always find that when my nails/cuticles are so bad, I'm using this stuff to have a quick fix up! This stuff really does the job with no effort at all. I'll put this on at night & by the morning my nails/cuticles look much better than the day before. This stuff is worth the price and lasts a long long time haha.

on 6/5/2011 6:29:00 PM

Works great! Great smell. Saves my husbands hangnails. Now he no longer chews his dry hangnails to death.

on 6/2/2011 7:55:00 PM

Bought the silver tin from eBay. It wasn't as buttery or creamy as I'd like, more of a hard waxy consistency. You need to press fairly hard to get enough product on your finger for application.

It doesn't melt into your cuticle as I think cuticle creams should. It just goes on greasy and stays there. This is very inconvenient if you're applying it in the middle of the day and you need your fingers for stuff. You will definitely smear grease onto your stuff and wipe off most of the product before it gets absorbed. I recommend applying this at night, before you go to bed.

That said, if you apply this every day, your cuticles WILL become nicely conditioned over time so yes it is rather effective in the end. It's not what I'd hoped it'd be, but it does the job.

on 6/1/2011 2:34:00 AM

I adore this product! It's the only thing I use for my nails. I'm not a big fan of Burt's bees, but this one is a winner. It comes in a cute tin, it lasts forever and it's very moisturising for my cuticles. I tried different cuticle oils but I didn't find them very moisturising. Lemon butter has a hard consistency, so you have to rub it a little to get it on your fingers. Oh, and it smells just delicious.

on 6/1/2011 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This works great to moisturize cuticles, though it feels a little greasy at first when it's on my fingers. I have to avoid touching my computer or my phone or else I'll just get grease on them. It works well on what it's supposed to do but you have to use it religiously for it to work well - it's not a quick fix. To see true and lasting results I suggest using it every night for a week... and then a few times a week after that.
The packaging is convenient and makes sure you don't waste any product. I would recommend to a friend, however I like the cuticle cream from bath and body works better. It just feels like it moisturized better.

Popular Treatments