Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho Pg-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium Edta

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Good stuff. Gentle and leaves skin clean. I use twice a day & every other night I use with a wash cloth for exfoliation. Unless you have perfect skin you may need more than this to clear up ur face. I have oily/ combo skin prone to breakouts and use this and then Clinique's mild clarifying toner (the one without a #) and then Paula's 2% BHA gel, and then a benzoyle peroxide for spot treatment. If I have dry spots I use vitamin e oil This combo has been amazing for my skin. For the first time ever my skin is clear and soft!!! YAY!!!

**UPDATE** dried up my face. really weird, i switched to cetaphil for now.

on 2/24/2008 4:51:00 PM

This is my go-to cleanser year after year. I've repurchased its competition, the Purpose Gentle Cleansing several times before, but Clean & Clear is usually cheaper, so I have stuck with that.

This is a very gentle cleanser that will remove tough foundations and long-wearing makeup (not waterproof) and DOESN'T strip all of the oils from my face after! To remove long-wearing makeup, the key factor is HOT water, not lukewarm, and definitely not cold. Take your time to scrub that makeup off and let the soap and hot water work together to "melt" the products off your face. I usually spend close to a minute and a half to two minutes. It helps to use a gentle toner after for double duty.

All in all, the price is great; the formula's great - doesn't make my skin feel "slippery and dry" after washing. It doesn't foam as much as other Clean & Clear cleansers, but gets the job done. Overall, it's a great cleanser for anyone with acne-prone, oily, and sensitive skin.

I highly recommend this cleanser for all skin types, genders, races, everybody!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: It removes makeup pretty well, including eye makeup (and does so w/o irritating my eyes). It didn't irritate my skin at all, either. Unfortunately, those are the only pros for me. The packaging is terrible - I couldn't open it for the longest time, so I finally gave up and just broke the top of the pump off. It was the only way to open it - of course, usually when pumps come off like that, they can be put back on, but not this one! So the pump constantly falls off. Also, I think this may have really clogged my pores. I've always had a number of blackheads on my nose, but now I have a lot more *and* all the pores on my nose are really clogged. It may also have made my acne a little worse. :-\ This is probably great if you're skin-problem-free and looking for a good cleanser, though.

on 2/10/2008 5:12:00 PM

I really like this product. It makes my skin feel soft, gets rid of oil and doesnt cause irritation. The price is pretty addordable too and I like the smell! Dont like the packaging too much cause its hard to open sometimes.

on 2/6/2008 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this for my 9 year old daughter who just began breaking out and getting really bad blackheads on her nose. (I'm so sad this is happening to her so early on) I didn't want to overload/overtreat her babysoft skin, so I thought this wash would be enough alone. Weeks later and her skin looks worse, more bumpier. So I decided to toss it and try Oxy's Daily cleansing pads for her instead (since it got great reviews in p'ville) I think w/her being in sports, C&C sensitive cleanser just wasn't strong enough to help keep the breakouts at bay.

on 1/7/2008 6:12:00 AM

After reading a positive review of this by Paula Begoun, I thought I'd give this a try. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and mild rosacea so I try to use only gentle products. After using this cleanser for a few days, I had a terrible reaction (red scaly patches all over my face). I'm not sure what in this caused it, but I won't be using it again.

Well, one definite pro to this product is that its cheap and lasts a long time! I've had my bottle for over three months and have barely put a dent in it, which I have to say I am not entirely thrilled about. Its a decent cleanser... my face feels clean after, it doesn't irritate and I don't get breakouts. The blackheads I always have on my nose haven't improved or worsened. However, this NEVER gets my eye makeup off unless I use an eye makeup remover before washing my face. I really like a cleanser that will take off all my makeup, so that is one major drawback for me. I do wear waterproof mascara and longlasting eyeliner but I have used other cleansers that would remove my makeup with no problem. Also, I have been noticing some dryness and flakiness since its turned winter. I am going to use this bottle up since its okay, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/6/2007 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I needed a facial cleanser and just picked this off the shelf because I was in a hurry. Well, I love it. It does absolutely everything I was looking for, removed makeup including several layers of mascara with only the slightest residue, not drying, non-irritating and a nice mild smell, nice texture, foamy but not too foamy. I did not want to buy another scrub, I have several already. This cleanser is great.

on 11/21/2007 9:39:00 PM

i didn't feel like this cleansed well and was a little drying. a couple post back the poster said that it's the same as purpose and purpose did the same. also, johnson's head to toe baby wash is the same as well and very economical. just not for me.

on 11/13/2007 7:45:00 PM

I wish I could count the number of bottles of this I have gone through. I have been using this exclusively for the past 6 years. My skin is sensitive, very acne prone, dry and flaky but I also have a very oily surface. This cleanser doesnt irritate or dry out my skin or cause acne, but it cleans off all my makeup and leaves my skin very soft. The price is great even though it keeps going up. I plan on using this for a very long time