Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho Pg-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium Edta

on 4/10/2008 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My sister uses this, so when I ran out of my old face wash I asked to use hers for awhile. Overall, it's a really great product. It foams up nicely in my hands and is very gentle on my skin. I have combo/slightly sensitive skin that tends to be dry on parts of my cheeks and around my mouth, and this face wash did not make these areas overly dry. It also does not give your skin a tight, squeaky clean feeling after rinsing -- instead, it feels really nice and comfortable. The scent may be strong for those with very sensitive skin, even though the product has "sensitive skin" in its name. It doesn't bother me though. The only gripe I have is that the pump feels really tight and therefore takes more pressure than normal to push it down. There is a lock mechanism on the pump though, which is useful for travel.

on 4/8/2008 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is effective, gentle and cheap; perfect for all skin types. This product is exactly what my skin needs. I have oily skin and wear foundation that is waterproof so I need to wash my face twice to remove it all. This cleanser is perfect; it removes about 90% on the first wash and does not dry my skin out on the second one. I also love that it is a very basic and inexpensive product.

on 4/3/2008 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Cleans nicely, but doesn't really foam. I expect something that says it foams to foam a bit, but it barely foams.

Good cleanser, but too drying for me. I used to have normal skin, but now it's red and a little scaly, so I won't rebuy.

edit: I've figured out how to get it to foam: you have to rub it in between your hands, like hand soap.

It also wasn't the soap that is drying, so I'm changing my review to four lippies.

on 3/26/2008 4:48:00 PM

I really like this cleanser alot. It cleanses very well- removing all traces of make-up and sunscreen. It is also dirt cheap. I have used department store brands and I find this product comparable if not even better. The formula says, sensitive- but I do not recommend this for those with sensitive skin at all. I have combo-oily skin and it works great. I need a cleaner that will remove make-up/oil and sunscreen. For those with acne and clogged pores, it's vital to use a cleanser that will remove oil and make-up. If you are using a cleanser that contains oil or is not strong enough to remove oils, you will develop clogged pores leading to acne over time. This cleaner cleans well and will not leave your skin dry. It costs like $3 bucks- incredible deal!

on 3/3/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am very happy with this product. For a drugstore cleanser, it is one of my top two choices!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Good stuff. Gentle and leaves skin clean. I use twice a day & every other night I use with a wash cloth for exfoliation. Unless you have perfect skin you may need more than this to clear up ur face. I have oily/ combo skin prone to breakouts and use this and then Clinique's mild clarifying toner (the one without a #) and then Paula's 2% BHA gel, and then a benzoyle peroxide for spot treatment. If I have dry spots I use vitamin e oil This combo has been amazing for my skin. For the first time ever my skin is clear and soft!!! YAY!!!

**UPDATE** dried up my face. really weird, i switched to cetaphil for now.

on 2/24/2008 4:51:00 PM

This is my go-to cleanser year after year. I've repurchased its competition, the Purpose Gentle Cleansing several times before, but Clean & Clear is usually cheaper, so I have stuck with that.

This is a very gentle cleanser that will remove tough foundations and long-wearing makeup (not waterproof) and DOESN'T strip all of the oils from my face after! To remove long-wearing makeup, the key factor is HOT water, not lukewarm, and definitely not cold. Take your time to scrub that makeup off and let the soap and hot water work together to "melt" the products off your face. I usually spend close to a minute and a half to two minutes. It helps to use a gentle toner after for double duty.

All in all, the price is great; the formula's great - doesn't make my skin feel "slippery and dry" after washing. It doesn't foam as much as other Clean & Clear cleansers, but gets the job done. Overall, it's a great cleanser for anyone with acne-prone, oily, and sensitive skin.

I highly recommend this cleanser for all skin types, genders, races, everybody!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: It removes makeup pretty well, including eye makeup (and does so w/o irritating my eyes). It didn't irritate my skin at all, either. Unfortunately, those are the only pros for me. The packaging is terrible - I couldn't open it for the longest time, so I finally gave up and just broke the top of the pump off. It was the only way to open it - of course, usually when pumps come off like that, they can be put back on, but not this one! So the pump constantly falls off. Also, I think this may have really clogged my pores. I've always had a number of blackheads on my nose, but now I have a lot more *and* all the pores on my nose are really clogged. It may also have made my acne a little worse. :-\ This is probably great if you're skin-problem-free and looking for a good cleanser, though.

on 2/10/2008 5:12:00 PM

I really like this product. It makes my skin feel soft, gets rid of oil and doesnt cause irritation. The price is pretty addordable too and I like the smell! Dont like the packaging too much cause its hard to open sometimes.

on 2/6/2008 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this for my 9 year old daughter who just began breaking out and getting really bad blackheads on her nose. (I'm so sad this is happening to her so early on) I didn't want to overload/overtreat her babysoft skin, so I thought this wash would be enough alone. Weeks later and her skin looks worse, more bumpier. So I decided to toss it and try Oxy's Daily cleansing pads for her instead (since it got great reviews in p'ville) I think w/her being in sports, C&C sensitive cleanser just wasn't strong enough to help keep the breakouts at bay.