April 19, 2014 | 954 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample with a purchase at Macy's along with some other samples.I tried it for a couple of days and didn't really like it.It felt a bit heavy.Then I tried out the other sample I was given of Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturizer and I liked the moisture surge way better.Then I found out that the DDML contains parabens and the moisture surge does not contain any parabens at all.I have since never used the DDML ever again.I use the moisture surge every day and night and it is amazing.I recommend the moisture surge over this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by parsonal

Terrible product if you have congestion issues..... even the makeup ladies who work the counter tell me steer clear if I am prone to break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only moisturizer I've used for the past 2-3 years. I have tried a few others, but nothing compares. Keeps my face feeling moisturized all day long with just a little less than a full pump without feeling oily. No scent either, which is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by gandolfwizard25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, everyone has different skin types and compositions and its impossible for one product to work wonders for all. Go to the Clinique counter and get a sample, That's what they're there for. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin.

I personally love this moisturizer. It's light weight and absorbs into my skin quickly. My skin is so smooth when using this on a daily basis. It's a great base for makeup too. I also like cliniques moisture surge

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by pinkdee1

This moisturiser did nothing for my combination skin. It didn't help the oily bits nor the dry bits. Admittedly so it is not the worst moisturiser i have ever used but for the price there is no reason to keep on buying it. Nivea and other drugstore brands are a lot better!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Annemarie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used the 3 step program and therefore the dramatically different moisturizing lotion when i was a teenager. My skin is combinated - oily in the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. This lotion didn't really do anything for me... My skin was dry and flaky, and I had to use A LOT of product to keep my skin from being dry.
    I recently talked to a Clinique consultant who told me that you're not supposed to use this lotion on its own, but pair it with another lotion.

That, in my opinion is crazy. Why buy an expensive moisturizing lotion that doesn't moisturize on its own...?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by loula624

A lot of people are saying that this product is outdated but I have to disagree. I have tried many moisturizers for my combination skin including origins, neutrogena, kiehl's, and the highly recommended cerave pm- all of which have broken me out or irritated my skin. clinique's ddml has been the only cream to gently moisturize and prep my skin perfectly all the while keeping it clear and unirritated. sometimes it is the tried-and-true classics that make the most difference. i hope they never change the formula of this. i love the packaging and the vast availability. it is a bit expensive but you get a lot of product. i high recommend this if you just want a basic moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by sibillantspiel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was stunned when I saw such low ratings for what I've considered for years a fantastic product. It's simple and moisturizing, acts as a good base for flawless foundation, and doesn't leave your face shiny-looking or greasy. It is suitable for dry and acne-prone skin, as far as I'm concerned, and spreads easily, making it quite economical as only small volumes are required to moisturize.

I typically apply one layer to cleansed skin followed by a second once the first has dried. No need to slather it on; it moisturizes far more effectively if layered.

Thank you, Clinique. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturiser is yesterday's news. It's so dated. I used this years ago when I knew little about skin care.I recently received a small tube at bonus time.Same old crap. It's mostly mineral oil.No sunscreen, making it more bother than it's worth for daytime use.No antioxidants or skin beneficial ingredients.If all you want is a basic moisturiser then fine, but why pay this amount?At least it dosen't come in a jar, but having said that there are no beneficial ingredients to be ruined by air anyway.You can get so much better nowadays. I have a love/hate relationship with clinique . Some of their stuff is excellent and then......well there's this.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rawrlikeakitty

i honestly don't know what all the rage is about this product: it's heavy, greasy, makes me break out, and makes my skin look terrible. what a waste of money.