October 31, 2014 | 1590 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by pinkdee1

This moisturiser did nothing for my combination skin. It didn't help the oily bits nor the dry bits. Admittedly so it is not the worst moisturiser i have ever used but for the price there is no reason to keep on buying it. Nivea and other drugstore brands are a lot better!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Annemarie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used the 3 step program and therefore the dramatically different moisturizing lotion when i was a teenager. My skin is combinated - oily in the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. This lotion didn't really do anything for me... My skin was dry and flaky, and I had to use A LOT of product to keep my skin from being dry.
    I recently talked to a Clinique consultant who told me that you're not supposed to use this lotion on its own, but pair it with another lotion.

That, in my opinion is crazy. Why buy an expensive moisturizing lotion that doesn't moisturize on its own...?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by loula624

A lot of people are saying that this product is outdated but I have to disagree. I have tried many moisturizers for my combination skin including origins, neutrogena, kiehl's, and the highly recommended cerave pm- all of which have broken me out or irritated my skin. clinique's ddml has been the only cream to gently moisturize and prep my skin perfectly all the while keeping it clear and unirritated. sometimes it is the tried-and-true classics that make the most difference. i hope they never change the formula of this. i love the packaging and the vast availability. it is a bit expensive but you get a lot of product. i high recommend this if you just want a basic moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by sibillantspiel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was stunned when I saw such low ratings for what I've considered for years a fantastic product. It's simple and moisturizing, acts as a good base for flawless foundation, and doesn't leave your face shiny-looking or greasy. It is suitable for dry and acne-prone skin, as far as I'm concerned, and spreads easily, making it quite economical as only small volumes are required to moisturize.

I typically apply one layer to cleansed skin followed by a second once the first has dried. No need to slather it on; it moisturizes far more effectively if layered.

Thank you, Clinique. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturiser is yesterday's news. It's so dated. I used this years ago when I knew little about skin care.I recently received a small tube at bonus time.Same old crap. It's mostly mineral oil.No sunscreen, making it more bother than it's worth for daytime use.No antioxidants or skin beneficial ingredients.If all you want is a basic moisturiser then fine, but why pay this amount?At least it dosen't come in a jar, but having said that there are no beneficial ingredients to be ruined by air anyway.You can get so much better nowadays. I have a love/hate relationship with clinique . Some of their stuff is excellent and then......well there's this.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rawrlikeakitty

i honestly don't know what all the rage is about this product: it's heavy, greasy, makes me break out, and makes my skin look terrible. what a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like this moisturiser and have used it for the past few years. It works well for my sensitive skin and I haven't had any reactions to it, unlike a lot of other reviewers have experienced. I like to use it day and night and it works well as a base under makeup. I prefer this for the warmer months and when my skin is not feeling dry, as it not thick and feels light on my skin. I like the packaging and how it has a pump and clear cap. Even though it has a yellow tint, it doesn't transfer any colour to your face once applied. My only problem is it's quite expensive in Australia at $74 for 125mL, which is ridiculously more expensive than America, where for the same size it is $23.50! So I like to buy this when I travel to the US or can get a friend/relative to buy it for me. Clinique really need to lower their prices in Australia!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I got this product but in the Gel form because I have oily skin. I really like how light it is. It does not have a smell. It goes on smoothly and gets absorbed quickly. I have not had breakouts since I started using it, which is a plus for me, and it does its job. I got it in the travel size ($10) and has last me a long time, it is barely half way and I've had it for 4 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by snowybear39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the way this moisturizer made my skin feel so smooth and healthy but i hated the fact that it also caused me to have a negative reaction within the next day. Anytime I'd try to use this gel again, my face would be much oiler than without using this and i'd break out. never casued my facial skin to burn but it just caused oil and pimple production to increase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it gave me a rash. i was allergic. same with the gel