July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Fionaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Avene spray before, but I've been told by a friend (her roomate is a dermatologist living in france) that it is not too different from tap water, coz very few minerals. =( I switched to Uriage spray: you can tell the difference, my skin is much better! I use it after showering to avoid contact with towels, I spray and let it cas, as recommanded (I have very sensitive skin) & after waxing. I liked Avene's packaging better though!
FL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

I think this is more than glorified water in a can. I have seen visible improvements in my skin sensitivity and redness within a few months of using this product. the biggest improvement is definitely the broken capillaries around my nose area. I like to spray my face lightly before moisturizing, pat it in with my hands, and smooth on moisturizer while the skin is still damp.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first time using a thermal water spray. So far, it hasn't given excellent results but I'm expecting that it would work better in the summer when people get red, sensitive skin. I'm also thinking that the point of this product is to have this softer, thermal water as the last water drying on your skin as opposed to harder, tap water. Thus it's probably better for travel.

So far it's ok. I did get softer and more moisturized skin after patting the water dry.

Edit: It doesn't work after a few days for me. It feels like I'm just spraying water on my face.

Another Edit: it is now summer and it's working better on my skin. I guess it only works in humid/warm conditions. I resorted to using the spray again after my cheeks turned irritated and red. After spraying and waiting for 30 seconds for the water to absorb, I gently patted my skin dry. Amazingly afterwards, my skin was no longer red.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Judy82

I initially used this a number of years ago and didn't think much of it. I repurchased it quite recently after my skin became quite irritated and red due to an overuse of glycolic acid and I love it. It really helps calm my skin. We are currently having one of the hottest summers on record in Australia and this has been a skin-saver for me. It helps cool my face down, it's refereshing, helps my irritated red skin and helps my moisturiser sink in better. I love it and would recommend it to anyone, especially someone in a hot climate. I keep it in the fridge so it stays cool and gives me that extra 'refreshing' kick when I spray it on my face. A definite repurchase, even though it is a tad bit pricey for what it is and how long it last, although I think I used it too often (around 4-5 times a day nowadays in this heat).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Lazulia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's brilliant.

I know there is criticism about the fact that because the water is pressurised, it's not good for your skin (free radicals) but in my case, there are too many benefits in using this to bother worrying about it.

Spraying onto my skin after a shower is like the "ahhh" feeling you get after drinking your first gulp of ice cold water on a hot day. My skin get very tight and dry after a shower or cleansing before bed and this helps my moisturiser sink in properly.

I've tried the Laroche Posay version, and I think this one is much better. The mist is finer and the spay is wider. Here in the UK, the Avene is cheaper also (by a few pence, but still).

I just wish I started using it sooner rather than later!

PS: I admit though, it is very expensive for what it is. But, it works and, with it, I need to use less moisturiser. In the long run, it's worth it. Still...come on Avene, it's water...!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a little over a month and I like it a lot, but I'm not sure I can say I love it. It does seem to calm my skin a bit and when I spray it on before my moisturizer it does keep my skin more hydrated. The price is not to outrageous so I will probably buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't moisturize nor does it tones. Because it's not meant to. It's meant to calm irritated skin after reacting to certain irritants or after shaving and changing of environment. It really calms my flushed face a lot and you know it when a product feels good on your skin and you know that it's helping you.
It's exactly what Avene's Thermal water does to me everytime. As for if I would repurchase, I ALWAYS repurchase it. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I love Avene especially Eluage, the tinted sunscreen (only one w/green hue that looks natural on me, also the body oil etc), and have had the spray several times since it came with some gift packs I got. I just don't find anything special about it other than its hard to find a misting bottle that sprays as fine a mist as this does. If I could, plain old bottled spring water would be better for me. So when I have this in a set I use it to set my mu, but otherwise use spring water in a regular spray bottle though its sloppier.

I hoped this would help my very reactive skin since I moved and now deal with hard water, my skin is always red. But nada, zip, just plain old water to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by isabellaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is just water, to be honest. So there won't be any magic, but it does calm the skin down. I use it as a toner in the morning and after moisturizer (from Avène aswell) my make up actually looks a lot better after a long day.
Since it's quite cheap (10€ in Finland), you won't feel ripped off if you don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jasLLLynn

personally didn't experience anything good or bad with this product. just made me feel good using it. ?_?