NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 10/21/2008 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Love this blush on my NC50 skin. A little on my brush, then tap the excess on a tissue , then i apply. I also brush a little deep throat over it for some shimmer. It gives that just exercised look. VOILA.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a very, very bold red that is a fantastic color for my DDD skintone, although I need a light hand and a stippling (skunk) brush to apply it. Using any other brush will result in failure, ridicule and heartbreak. This is a perfect color for the fall and winter seasons. Very highly pigmented and very finely milled item.

If I had to choose only one blush to own, this would be it. I would swear off all other blushes in favor to this one. Even if you feel like you could never ever pull this off, try it! I absolutely love dotting this over my lip balm too. It makes me look "alive". ♥♥♥♥♥

on 6/25/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is a fantastic blush for Black skin. Whenever I flip through magazines, I'm always so envious of the non-Black models in the makeup ads that have that natural flush look. It's so hard to find blush for Afro bellas that looks natural. However, this is the answer to my "natural" makeup wish. It gives me a natural "my crush just smiled at me" glow. Every time I wear it people comment about how I seem to radiate an inner joy. I highly recommend it and the entire NARS line to any woman of color.

on 6/9/2008 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I LOVE this blush. Though the color does look severe, when applied without a heavy hand, it gives me the perfect "i just-went-out-for-a-run-on-the-beach" look. It makes me look fresh faced...and I love that! I get at least a couple of compliments each time I wear it. Be careful though...it is pretty pigmented, so be sure to use the product sparingly or else you'll look like peewee's cousin.

Despite having about twenty different blushes, I find myself mostly alternating between this and Orgasm, and kind of ignoring all the others. I'm NC15 in winter and NC25 in summer, and can wear this all year round.

Exhibit A is really alarming in the pan - a very loud orange/red. Applied in tiny quantities (a skunk brush helps) and blended well, though, it's the most natural blush I own, looking just like a gentle flush under the skin. You use so little, I can imagine it lasting pretty much forever.

Mixed with some Kiehl's lip balm on the back of the hand, Exhibit A also makes a really pretty (and surprisingly deeply pigmented) lip gloss. Teeth look nice and white next to it - a real winner!

on 5/19/2008 9:07:00 AM

Oh well, I got this together with Taj Mahal and it turned out that this colour is not as flattering as the lovely Taj Maha. When I tried it out at Selfridges the MA applied quite a bit on my cheeks and it looked a bit like sweaty red. I had the doubt at the time but still got it, but when I brought it home I just realized that it doesn't really suit me because it appered a bit like dirty-orangerish colour and it doesn't brighen up my complexion at all.

I eventually gave it in and traded it on eBay, guess I'd just keep using my pink or orange blushes. :p

on 5/6/2008 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I found my "warm" HG blush.

I was very, very skeptical of this (as others have said, super-scary ORANGE in the case). But, the glowing reviews swayed me.

Oh, man. Thanks to every gal who raved about this.

I am an NC44 Latina. My coloring tends toward the yellowish/golden. I used to stay away from orangish ANYTHING--lipstick, blush, sticking with cool to neutral tones--especially reds and berries that skew cooler.

Well, duh. I feel stupid for waiting this logn to try this. It really makes me look healthy. I have bad skin--dermatitis flare-ups, acne (and yeah, all my post-puberty life, and I'm 48), scaly dry bits, discolorations. But once I put on a good coat of moisturizer (Kinerase) and foundation and powder, this blush gives me a glowy sort of warm heightened color. A nice flush.

I thought Mata Hari might be my HG, but that one makes me look like I have rosacea, oddly enough.

But this clownish color makes my cheeks look lively and fresh and brightens my middle-aged skin. It's just gorgeous.

I apply it with MAC 187 (skunk brush) and add layers, little by little, so as to avoid the "clown" effect. I can layer a lot, due to my darker coloring. On the superplus side: It doesn't break me out badly with a reaction the way some blushes tend to. And it's matte. (I don't do well with shimmers at my age and with my troubled skin.)

So, go ahead. If you fit the profile (see all the glowing reviews), it might be a blush that makes your day. It really makes ME happy!!!!

I'd give it 10 lippies if I could.

Thanks, Nars!

on 4/24/2008 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am loving this blush! I have a light-medium asian complexion, and this blush is awesome! It is super pigmented, and I literally only had to dab my skunk brush into it once to pick up enough color for both cheeks. When applied lightly, the color is definitely not as red/orange as it may seem in the pan. It is a nice coral, summery pink that looks awesome in the summertime :)

on 4/4/2008 11:27:00 AM

ok, i got this from swap and the first time i opened this, i was like.. UH OH!!! but then, i remember a friend of mine who used this before and i really liked it on her cheeks. so i told myself, why not give it a try? 2 swipes is all i need and i got a beautiful rosy cheeks! i think this shade is really unique. i dont think i can find any dupes of this one and i dont think i need to buy again coz im sure this blush will last forever!

*** i soooo love this blush. it makes my face soooo alive and removes the tired look on me. i dont know what's with this blush but everytime i use this, i heard a lot of compliments from other people esp from DH! he said, "there's something on your face that tells you are very happy"

I LOVE EXHIBIT A!!!!