September 14, 2014 | 1891 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by magickoala13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Most People Don't Like This Mascara.
For Me- I Hate Clumps, I Hate Spider Lashes!
This Gives Me A Natural Look With Only One Coat, But Although Its A Bit Runny And The Brush Is A Bit Big.....
I <3 IT ~ ~
I Have Naturally Dark And Long Lashes So It Works For Me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by hrosep

Bad product... Makes my eyelashes extremely clumpy and spidery. It flakes it out. This is only good as a waterproof mascara or for bottom lashes. Nothing more.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by katiemac0324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product in the water proof version and it it quite good. I always love maybelline mascaras because they're cheap and they work very well. This mascara didn't disappoint me but I feel as though it could've been better. One thing I disliked about this mascara how they make the brush bendable and it makes it harder to work the product through your lashes. The brush is also a strange shape which makes it hard to coat your lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by goldchocobo

This is my go to mascara for that quick and easy every day out the door type days. Love it. Cute packaging, no smudging, visible volume and definition. Great buy! The brush is a little odd at first but easily adaptable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Seyb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really thought I would like this one, as I often love Maybelline eye products, particularly their brush mascaras (not a fan of the comb ones). Unfortunately, I found the brush a little hard to manage as it is kind of triangular and very bendy, making it hard to be accurate and put a good coating on. I do like that my eyelashes are still fairly soft but from the few times I have worn this product, I have found that it smudged a little. If you're going for a natural look, a thin layer of this product may work for you, but I like to have long, curly, thick lashes so it's not right for me. Probably wouldn't buy this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Lindseyy716

I was very disappointed in this mascara. It did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. No volume, no length. It was extremely clumpy and left my eyelashes feeling stiff and looking spider-webish. The brush was huge and hard to use as it bent when you put it on. I would not recommend wasting your money on this. Maybelline has way better mascaras than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by murrydc7

The ratings and reviews of this product honestly surprised me. I expected them to be higher. I absolutely love this mascara. Ever since I've started wearing makeup I was always having trouble finding something that wouldn't clump and would look more "natural." I don't wear a lot of makeup, only mascara and powder, on rare occasions eye liner and eye shadow. You can imagine what it would look like if someone came up to you with these long dramatic eyelashes with athletic shorts and a t shirt. Just... out of place. The mega plush mascara is perfect for me, it makes my eye lashes darker ( which works really well with my light blue eyes) without clumping and that nasty flaking appearance. Lengthening enough, but not to much for me. It reveals a nice, soft, natural eyelash, Bottom line, if you're someone who goes for the more natural look but still enhancing your eyes well, this is it. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by TelaTelaJewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was just.. okay. It does give you volume but you need at least 2 coats to get there. The flimsy wand makes it hard to curl and seperate at the same time and as a result, I get the occasional clump. I wouldn't purchase this again. Other Maybelline mascaras I suggest are the original volum'express in the yellow tube or the rocket in the dark blue tube. They both offer high, clump-free volume.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara doesn't really do that much.
The major downfall of it I think is the bendy wand. When you push it up against your lashes to coat them with the mascara, the bendy brush kind of gets bended away from the lashes, if that makes sense. It takes about 5 coats for me to get with this mascara what I get with one coat of other mascaras, say covergirl lash blast. it just takes too long and too much effort with this mascara for not very good results.
it would be great for a 'no makeup makeup' look. it makes your lashes a little blacker and darker, separates them nicely, adds a tiny bit of length, hardly any volume though. So it just looks like you have naturally dark, black and longer lashes. I prefer more dramatic lashes though, so this isn't for me.
Also, another negative, I have the waterproof version, and I don't find it to be all that waterproof. Lasts all day without smudging, but I went for a swim with it on and it wasn't very waterproof then. Ran down my face a little. Not as much as a normal mascara, but still. And I expect waterproof mascaras to be very waterproof.
I tried using it as a top coat for my other mascaras (to separate and slightly waterproof my mascara. Didn't waterproof it, and also took too many coats to separate.)
Tried using it on my lower lashes. Not bad for them actually, cause it just separates nicely, makes them a little longer and darker. I don't like very dramatic bottom lashes. But the brush is just too fat to get to your lower lashes effectively without it smudging a little bit under your eyes. And as the brush bends, it kind of bends away from your lashes and on to your under eye area.
Overall, I think this mascara is a fail, Takes too long and too many coats of it to get anything decent going with your lashes. Can get much better mascaras (lash blast length by covergirl is one of my favorite.) If you like natural, barely there lashes, this may be a mascara to try for you. Packaging is adorable though. Pretty much only positive I have about this mascara.
Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by jackiejeeps

i normally dont buy new makeup products. i went on a makeup haul which is out of my normal. i am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! the wand is flimsy, cant apply enough pressure to actually build up volume or any color onto the eyelashes. the other 3 mascaras i bought with this were way better! im considering just tossing this into the trash!