August 22, 2014 | 1753 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara doesn't really do that much.
The major downfall of it I think is the bendy wand. When you push it up against your lashes to coat them with the mascara, the bendy brush kind of gets bended away from the lashes, if that makes sense. It takes about 5 coats for me to get with this mascara what I get with one coat of other mascaras, say covergirl lash blast. it just takes too long and too much effort with this mascara for not very good results.
it would be great for a 'no makeup makeup' look. it makes your lashes a little blacker and darker, separates them nicely, adds a tiny bit of length, hardly any volume though. So it just looks like you have naturally dark, black and longer lashes. I prefer more dramatic lashes though, so this isn't for me.
Also, another negative, I have the waterproof version, and I don't find it to be all that waterproof. Lasts all day without smudging, but I went for a swim with it on and it wasn't very waterproof then. Ran down my face a little. Not as much as a normal mascara, but still. And I expect waterproof mascaras to be very waterproof.
I tried using it as a top coat for my other mascaras (to separate and slightly waterproof my mascara. Didn't waterproof it, and also took too many coats to separate.)
Tried using it on my lower lashes. Not bad for them actually, cause it just separates nicely, makes them a little longer and darker. I don't like very dramatic bottom lashes. But the brush is just too fat to get to your lower lashes effectively without it smudging a little bit under your eyes. And as the brush bends, it kind of bends away from your lashes and on to your under eye area.
Overall, I think this mascara is a fail, Takes too long and too many coats of it to get anything decent going with your lashes. Can get much better mascaras (lash blast length by covergirl is one of my favorite.) If you like natural, barely there lashes, this may be a mascara to try for you. Packaging is adorable though. Pretty much only positive I have about this mascara.
Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by jackiejeeps

i normally dont buy new makeup products. i went on a makeup haul which is out of my normal. i am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! the wand is flimsy, cant apply enough pressure to actually build up volume or any color onto the eyelashes. the other 3 mascaras i bought with this were way better! im considering just tossing this into the trash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally this mascara was a huge disappointment for me as I've tried and love many Maybelline mascaras, but this one just didn't meet my needs. I found it barely added any length or volume and gave me a very natural look to me lashes whereas I prefer a big bold fake eye lash kind of look. Additionally I noticed quite a bit of flaking and smudging during the day too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Shaughnessybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my holy grail mascaras. I already have naturally long lashes and this adds just a little extra and separates them nicely but the biggest reason I love it so much is IT NEVER CLUMPS! It's a great mascara for a real natural look. Repurchased 3 times already!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by steffaniemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed when I tried this. It didn't do anything to my lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

If you are looking for a lengthening mascara, this will cut it...but if you are looking for a thickening mascara,,this might disappoint you. I'll give it four lippies anyway since it doesn't smudge or flake.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Rebuke

Yuck. I thought I'd love this mascara, and I DO like the fact that it leaves my lashes nice and soft. But it's ridiculously clumpy and almost IMPOSSIBLE to remove--it took me twenty minutes in the bathroom with a ridiculous amount of makeup remover, soap, and water. Also, the wand is a freaking nightmare. It feels flimsy and I don't like that it can turn.

Not worth it, sadly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

One the only Maybelline mascaras I dislike. This did absolutely nothing to my eyelashes. No volume, length, nothing. Very disappointed in this product and is a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyqueen0118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first mascara I ever had. I love it so much. The wand is iffy for some people, because of the shape. But it is really not hard to work with at all. The consistency is a bit dry, but I really don't mind. Everyone has different preferences for the wetness of their mascara, but I am the type who doesn't like super wet mascaras. This is a mascara that you either fall in love with, or hate it. I fell in love with it. I have been trying to finish of my other mascaras so it is currently not in my collection but as soon as I need a new mascara, I am going back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by goldandrubies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why this product has a low rating. This is the best mascara in the universe. It is lengthening, volumizing, and curling. The brush is amazing. The blackest black is flawless and bold. It's only $6. It also washes off easily with my Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser (make-up remover). It doesn't flake throughout the day. It lasts all day. What else could I ask for?