April 18, 2014 | 1140 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by KaatFlores

My mom handed down this mascara to me after using it one time and hating it, I didn't really understand why she would hate it so much (she's generally picky) so I decided to take it from her anyway. Her complain was that here eyelashes were falling off when she tried taking it off. Still, I took it. As soon as I used it the product was super flaky it went on really dry and had to apply at least 4 coats to get SOMETHING out of it. I felt like I had a piece of trash in both my eyes the whole entire day. I will never buy this product again, my eyes felt irritated and I still can't get the residue off since yesterday even after washing my face 3 times with face wash and showering. Horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

I've only used the Mega Plush (Waterproof) for about 4 days so far. I'm all about the natural look when it comes to mascara because my lashes are already long and full. I love Maybelline mascaras like the Great Lash and the One By One, but I hate the Colossal or the Falsies because they just deposit too much product and my lashes look spidery and so fake. The Great Lash gives me the best natural lashes while the One By One gives me nice full lashes. I think the Mega Plush is kind of in between the two. So far, it gives me a fairly natural look that I really like. It's also the only mascara I use on my lower lashes. It doesn't smudge and my lashes don't look clumpy or overly black. I like the gel formula. Not a huge fan of the bending brush but it's easy to deal with. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase yet because I really like the One By One and want to buy that one again. Not sure if the Mega Plush is worth it when I have my other two favourites, but I still like it very much nonetheless and I don't regret buying it. This stuff does not flake or budge (the waterproof version, anyway). Very good!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by enamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I'm all about the natural look. My eye lashes are long and stick straight. I find this mascara to be perfect in holding my curl and keeping my lashes looking natural. Love love love :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by connieingg

Product: It gave me lots and lots of volume, but not enough length to match it so I looked like i had spider lashes ahaha...it wasn't very flattering. Throughout the day it also started to flake and smear, and the little flakies kept getting in my eye, which was amazingly uncomfortable. With 1 coat, my lashes looked really feathery and a bit more black, with 2 coats, the clumping galore started and from then onwards, it went downhill...dum dum DUMMMMMM

Packaging: I love the colours on the packaging, I think its so cute ! It's very typical maybelline volumn express with the bright colours and slightly fatter tube. However, I didn't like the brush, actually I HATED the brush. It would get stuck in the base of the lashes and then fly off my lashes because im trying hard to get the brush through =.=; Yeah it was pretty difficult to get it evenly applied.

Overall: It's decent, jk, No I don't like this mascara. Maybe if i wanted a natural lash look, but thats rarely, wait no, it doesnt happen ! Just knowing that I'm wearing this mascara and the chances that it might flake into my eyeball horrifys me (contact lens user).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only thing I loved about this product was the packaging. Maybelline really downgraded with this stuff. It's VERY clumpy and doesn't really give much length- it also flaked alot. Im sticking to the rocket and one by one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Hautebrilliance

For me, this product wasn't as good as it seemed. This product smeared a lot on my oily skin and I had raccoon eyes. The mascara also made beads on my lashes instead of the nice, smooth application you usually get with other products. The only thing i liked about this product was how it seperated my lashes but overall, I was very upset

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by DaActualFuqqBro

I felt like this mascara burned my eyes! The finished look (about 3 coats) is absolutely perfect! It thicken, added length, and curled my eye lashes. But, at the day, there was black under my eyes! No flakes, just severe smudging. I wouldn't repurchase this mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

My lashes are long and curly, I just use mascara to thicken them up so they look super full and luscious ;) That's why I always choose mascaras with brushes like this one! The long numerous bristles comb through the lashes like nothing else, while also distributing the product pretty well. I can't use wands with small bristles or the black liquid will clump up like crazy!
This mascara is pretty decent and does the job! I'm a little skeptic though about the formula! It's not liquidy nor thick when you first open it, it's actually the perfect texture to thicken lashes up. But as usual, when time passes by, formulas tend to harden and turn into paste like messes. This one is no exception. It lasted me about a month or so and now the formula is really hard and not appropiate for my delicate lashes. So I just bought another mascara from Claire's store and now I'm using it, so right now I'm still in the search for my HG mascara.
****Girls complaining about mascara removal*****
Use Pond's cold cream or other moisturizing based makeup remover to take this product off your eyes. It actually comes out pretty easily with oil derivate products :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lowsherman

Great product makes my lashes look fuller and thicker but does clump a bit. I usually just use my Clinique mascara to add length and eliminate the clumps.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by unusedusername

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, First off it does make your eyelashes look pretty, and full. It's about $6 maybe, But when I went to go to take a shower the mascara wouldn't come off. I had to wash my face SEVERAL times. Definitely not buying it again.