July 29, 2014 | 1666 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bananaramaxx

Do not underestimate the greatness of this pressed powder. The packaging isnt great but the content really gets the job done. I have tried other powders from more expensive brands but this one worked really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AnnasusLn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is sooo ridiculously cheap, and I just bought a second compact....and I seldomly buy the same makeup product twice. But I use this stuff every day, and provides a matte perfection to my face that my Milani loose powder never did. It doesn't cake ever and I love the finish. The packaging does not do this product justice - the compact looks and is cheap and the sponge that comes with it is pretty useless. I usually use the sponge to deposit some of the powder on my face and buff with a powder brush. If I overdo the powder, it can make my face look a little ashy, but otherwise, I love this powder. Would I buy it again? Over and over!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 12:44:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder was pretty good for it's price. It set my foundation for a long time and got rid of my shine. there was no breakout or excessive dryness. The packaging is very poor ..after a few months of using it, the plastic snapped in half (seperating the mirror + the powder) and i couldn't travel with it anymore. The other prob. i had with it was that my shine came back after a few hours and i had to reapply. i have oily skin. but overall, it's a good powder for it's price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

This worked well to cut down on shine and control oil, and the price was unbelievable!

Just don't use the little sponge it comes with. Instead, use your own brush or cotton powder puff and it works great.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I don't mind the no-frills packaging, since that's probably how they keep the price so amazingly low. I also used Natural Beige, and despite how dark it initially looked in the package, it didn't come out dark on my face at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh boy. I've spent so much on high-end pressed powders, that I'm almost embarassed to say that I like this one the best so far. The packaging sucks, the puff that comes with it sucks, but I do like the product, and that's almost all that matters. It's a true translucent - no color. It works pretty good to stop shine and to hide pores. It doesn't turn orange or change the color of my foundation. It hasn't broken me out (yet - will update if it does). The packaging sucks, though - it's a compact but the mirror end of it is too heavy for it so it sort of flops around. Overall, I'm impressed - and the price is right.

*UPDATE* I now find that this breaks me out and also doesn't cut shine on my nose as well as I once thought. Not a horrible product, but not as good as I once believed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dancinbluegirl

omg this is so wonderful,for like 2 dollars it keeps my skin so matte.wonderful.definite HG status

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My lovely MUA friend Scarlett_Canada CPed for me as itís not available in Australia. This is unbelievably cheap and effective, and as Iím so pale the shade is perfect for my skin tone. It does keep shine to a minimum without chalkiness or dryness but I do find MAC Blot Powder to be superior to this so have knocked one lippie off. Would definitely repurchase/re-CP. At this price itís a must try for every makeup maven.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I hate to be one of the few that does't give this a 5 star rating, BUT let me assure you, this isn't going to be a bad review! First of all, this was the cheapest powder I've ever bought and I mean price wise...that was the amazing part. The not so amazing part was that my expectations were sky high due to all the reviews on here. But really, this powder just wasn't for me. I thought I had pretty oily skin, but now that I think about it, I must not. I think I have more of combo skin actually because this powder accentuated any dry areas that I had and didn't meld with my skin at all. I'm wearing it now to try it one last time and it just doesn't make my skin look "flawless" like powders usually make me look. I am very pale so the color is okay but I kinda think it's TOO white. I have some golden undertones so this might be just a TINY bit too light for me. But props for it not looking orange and what not. I can definitely understand why this would be the perfect powder for a pale girl with super oily skin...so I recommend it to anyone who fits that description. But for someone with combo and especially dry skin, beware...it's very drying, but since that's what everyone wants (is to soak up the oil) and loves about it, I guess it's lived up to it's hype. So don't let my review sway your decision of trying it, It's just not for me. I personally prefer Sally Hansen's cornsilk shineless classic powder in Translucent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 6:55:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wanting to review this for months. I think it is a really good pressed powder, I have to say its performance is better than Origin's 'All or Nothing' pressed powder which kept me matte for about 10 minutes after application.I use this to take the slight shine that my sunscreen leaves and as a light base for make up- I think it looks pretty natural. I'm fairly dark and got the Translucent one, which was a little too light for me, but as I like tha pale, anaemic look that's ok. I think this is great value for ($1.99) I'm coming to the end of mine after several months of daily use. I will repurchase if I can find it here (London) if not I'll just finish up my Aveda & Jane Iredale pressed powders instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 4:33:00 AM More reviews by kaycee0307

I bought this product because of the great reviews on our local message board I thought "naturally beige" will look too dark on my neutral olive skin but to my surprise it goes on super sheer, it does not look like i have anything on, just oil-free smooth skin. HG powder! I will buy this again