New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 2/20/2006 10:58:00 PM

After reading all these review it has become clear to me that very few of you know what translucent powder is meant for. Setting makeup!!! blotting oil, and preping the skin for other powders.

why do some people expect it to act like a powder foundation?

Great price, same as any other translucent powder...pricless. a must have for any makeup user.

Blush and eyeshadow glide on better with it, sets liquid makeup so it last all day (and yes it wont make you cakey, cakeyness is caused from putting powder foundations on over liquid foundations, the oils mix and cause cake. this has no oil, hence no cake!!)

so buy this or any other translucent powder, use it often and love it.

on 1/14/2006 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading all of this wonderful reviews I decided I just had to go out and try this stuff! Only $1.79 at Walmart!!!! I put on my normal powder (Covergirl blue compact) because that has heavy coverage for a powder, and then when I got oily I dusted this on it and it went on very light, just enuf to banish the oil but it didn't look like I added another layer like it does with my other powder. This doesn't seem to help for oily skin, and I just put it on so I'm gonna have to layer it on a few times today when I'm oily and I will report back if it was all cakey or not! I'm really hoping I like this or I will be going out to get Mac Blot but I would really rather not have to spend that! And alot of you guys are saying they are very similar so I guess we will see. And yea the packaging it cheap, but look at the price! For that price they can't afford to give you like good packaging and all. The packaging did make me laugh tho, I can see the "hinge" snapping already and I just got it lol but for $1.79 when It does break I will just buy a new one!*update* well i looked at my face in a certain lightining and I see kind of an orange tint on my cheeks (weird) being at I got the naturally beige and it have more of a pink undertone and my face is naturally flushed so I didn't expect this. However, I bought Clinigue Mattifier the other day and when I use that my powder doesn't want to lay as well on my cheeks and they look flushed still when usually my powder covers it just fine. I will try this powder again when I don't use Clinique and see because the color isn't orange at all so I don't understand why it's coming up so muddy and orange on my cheeks.

on 1/8/2006 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great powder! It doesn't cake or get chalky like so many other powders do and it controls shine. honestly, I don't see much of a difference between this pressed powd er and more expensive powders. It's only $1.75-dirt cheap!! You can't go wrong by buying this. Word of caution though: don't use the sponge it comes with, its completely worthless!! Use a powder brush instead so that just enough product goes on and you're not putting on too much powder. I see that some reviewers said the powder makes their skin look white. I don't find this to be the case at all. However, I am an LLL, and the color blends in very nicely, although on darker skintones, it may show up too light.

on 1/7/2006 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Super cheap!! This definitely keeps my oilies at bay. For the price it really can't be beat!

on 12/31/2005 12:49:00 AM

Do not underestimate the greatness of this pressed powder. The packaging isnt great but the content really gets the job done. I have tried other powders from more expensive brands but this one worked really great.

on 12/15/2005 12:09:00 AM

This stuff is sooo ridiculously cheap, and I just bought a second compact....and I seldomly buy the same makeup product twice. But I use this stuff every day, and provides a matte perfection to my face that my Milani loose powder never did. It doesn't cake ever and I love the finish. The packaging does not do this product justice - the compact looks and is cheap and the sponge that comes with it is pretty useless. I usually use the sponge to deposit some of the powder on my face and buff with a powder brush. If I overdo the powder, it can make my face look a little ashy, but otherwise, I love this powder. Would I buy it again? Over and over!

on 12/9/2005 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder was pretty good for it's price. It set my foundation for a long time and got rid of my shine. there was no breakout or excessive dryness. The packaging is very poor ..after a few months of using it, the plastic snapped in half (seperating the mirror + the powder) and i couldn't travel with it anymore. The other prob. i had with it was that my shine came back after a few hours and i had to reapply. i have oily skin. but overall, it's a good powder for it's price.

on 11/14/2005 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This worked well to cut down on shine and control oil, and the price was unbelievable!

Just don't use the little sponge it comes with. Instead, use your own brush or cotton powder puff and it works great.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I don't mind the no-frills packaging, since that's probably how they keep the price so amazingly low. I also used Natural Beige, and despite how dark it initially looked in the package, it didn't come out dark on my face at all.

on 11/12/2005 9:44:00 PM

Oh boy. I've spent so much on high-end pressed powders, that I'm almost embarassed to say that I like this one the best so far. The packaging sucks, the puff that comes with it sucks, but I do like the product, and that's almost all that matters. It's a true translucent - no color. It works pretty good to stop shine and to hide pores. It doesn't turn orange or change the color of my foundation. It hasn't broken me out (yet - will update if it does). The packaging sucks, though - it's a compact but the mirror end of it is too heavy for it so it sort of flops around. Overall, I'm impressed - and the price is right.

*UPDATE* I now find that this breaks me out and also doesn't cut shine on my nose as well as I once thought. Not a horrible product, but not as good as I once believed.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

omg this is so wonderful,for like 2 dollars it keeps my skin so matte.wonderful.definite HG status