August 28, 2014 | 1555 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, I was previously devoted to Lancome's Adaptive in Porcelaine 010. I got through 3 bottles of that stuff but when it ran out last time I fancied a change so I had a look at the Chanel foundations.

I've never used Chanel foundations before and generally go for matte forumlations because I have combination/oil skin. However, I thought I'd like to try a natural, dewy look so I opted for this. I bought it in the lightest shade Limpide, which is similar to Lancome Porcelaine but a bit more yellow. I think most chanel colours are more on the warmer, yellow side.

The consistency is fair runny, so it's easy to blend, and I find it blends nicely into my skin and does not just sit on top so it looks really natural when on. I use either my fingers or a foundation brush when I can be bothered to clean them!

If you have major issues such as zits, scars or discoloration then this foundation is not for you because it's not thick enough to mask imperfections.

I really like this foundation, it gives a lovely, natural, flawless finish and a little goes a long way. I reckon a bottle should last me over a year and I use it pretty much everyday.

The bottle is lush as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this foundation. I've tried many foundations that's supposed to give moisture and provide light/medium coverage, and this is by far the BEST I've tried.
I'ts quite pricy, but I use so little every time I apply it, so it's not really a problem for me. I've tried it with both a regular foundation brush and my fingers, and I like using both. Which is really weird, since I normally NEVER use a foundation brush for anything. With the brush it gives me a slight more coverage, but still the dewy look that I like. And I can just use it with my fingers for every day use.
It stays on my skin for a long time, and it keeps the dewy nice look (not shiny or oily in any way) on my skin all day. Even when I was in direct sunlight and hot weather for a long time, it stayed put through that. Really nice! I will definetly repurchase, because this is my HG foundation.
I'm now using it in 40 - Beige, since I get some color in the summer, but I will probably get it in a lighter shade too, for winter. Absolutely love this product :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by capelle11

No, just NO! This foundation has the consistency of a really cheap product. It sits noticeably on my skin and yet doesn't provide any coverage whatsoever. I actually found it emphasised flaws, and my skin is pretty good on the whole. I bought this hoping to love it but sadly it wasn't to be. Oh, and the cap broke within a week too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation, switched from Giorgio Armani LSF and won't be going back as this is superior. Very smooth coverage yet sheer and subtle. Lasts all day at work into evening and my skin looks lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

i absolutely LOVE this product! it doesn't accentuate my dry patches (on my tzone and all over my jawline), it gives great coverage (evens out my skin tone and covers most blemishes, all without making me look like i'm wearing makeup), makes my skin luminous without looking glittery (unlike revlon's photoready foundation), it smells wonderful and is the best colour match i've ever had with a liquid foundation. it's also quite long-lasting, a fact that surprised as i typically associate long-lasting foundations with matte finishes. but a few weeks ago i put my makeup on at around 9 am and by the time i got home (6 hours later), was surprised to find that i didn't even need to touch up. i rushed out of the house to make it to a show, had dinner with a friend afterwards, and by the time i got home, it was almost midnight. my foundation had survived a 15 hour day and i was thoroughly impressed. so for all those reasons, vitalumiere has become my current HG liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by loveandconfusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an impulse purchase, the packaging was absolutely luxe and the brand association screamed quality; but it was a purchase I definitely regret. I have dry skin that has a tendency to produce dry patches around my cheeks, which I fight with Chanel's Ultra Correction Lift and extra exfoliation. On to the product, I'm slightly miffed that I'd forgotten to apply the foundation over the said patches as well as my jaw when being color matched. This is why I feel this foundation is terrible: this is the only foundation who claimed to give high moisture that induced more dry patches as well as enhanced them! The texture was slightly greasy as well, and when worn for several hours it looked oily but dryness was still apparent. It looked absolutely odd, disco ball-y forehead and cheek bones but flaky dry on the cheeks. Awful. The price was more on the steep side, too bad the foundation couldn't be as exquisite as most of Chanel's caliber! I gave this to my mom, who loves everything Coco.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched to Limpide (10) and im NC15-20 right between. Once it warmed up to my skin i think it oxidized a bit and turned a bit orange, not alot but just a little. I have redness so I like my foundations to have yellow to them. Also it looked kind of shiny on me.

BIG EDIT!!!-
6 months later now winter, my skin gets real dry with other foundation so I needed a foundation that was good for dry skin so I went to the counter and gave it a chance. I am actually 20 Clair which suits me way better. Its very hydrating and extremely dewy, even more then F&B I think so no wonder I hated it in the summer time. You must set this foundation tho because if not it will transfer very easily. Set it with a powder puff, not a brush because the brush will move the product around just pat it in. Im currently using MSFN and just bought Chanel Universelle Compacte which im trying out. Love this foundation is wonderful. if you have really dry skin and other foundations look dry and get cakey during the day on you deff try this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have very dry skin and most foundations that I use make my skin look worse because they cling to my dry patches.

This would be HG status for me if I could find a shade match! After wearing 30 cendre for the past few days it's too yellow? For my skin. I look ill! I'm a light skinned Latina with yellow undertones but this CEndre shade is too Biegy yellow for me. I am really sad that I will have to return vitalumiere because I adore the dewy finish and how amazing it is for dry skin.

Chanel you have customers that are also people of color! I guess we don't matter to them considering they don't have darker shades either. Oh well :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After wearing a sample of this in Limpede and really liking it I went for the full $61.00 bottle. S'okay I didn't need to eat for a week anyway. Did it perform like the sample? No. For some mysterious reason it was so greasy I could have been the poster girl for BP! Back it goes and am now test driving Lift Lumiere. Geez foundation shopping is a full-time job.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this foundation in the palest shadow I can get - #10 Limpide, it gives more healthy and unify look for my skin, but it was too dark and brown for my fair tone. For more tanned skin it could be good. In addition it does not cover my blemishes and pores, so for my daily foundation/primer I prefer Korean BB creams to all costly or cheap primers or foundations that I ever tried. So I'll not recommend this fluid foundation for pale/fair skin with imperfections. And, yes, it's toooo costly for what it gives.