November 27, 2014 | 1540 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Scherery

This is great foundation for women with dry skin. It doesn't look flakey, (at least if i've moisturized and exfoliated!), it covers well, and it is moisturizing and gives me a flawless glow. Get this with the chanel luminizing concealer pen pump they have. It's necessary to splurge on foundation and concealer, and chanel is the best brand to get. It also comes with a pump now which keeps the foundation free from bacteria. You get a lot of product for the price. Great buy! I'll have this for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Aquarius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is much misconception for this foundation because it is not really a foundation that covers blemishes or scars. This is only good if you're already blessed with good skin and looking for something light coverage just to even up your skin tone. The problem I have with this is it glides by mid day as I have combination skin which is oily at the t-zone area. However it does show a dewy finish and you’ll definitely have to set with loose/pressed powder. Not too much otherwise it defeats the purpose of this foundation finish. The down side with Chanel foundations is they are usually a little yellowish compared to the other brands. I am NC20 and my shade is Limpide 10 the lightest shade. I took one off from this rating because it is expensive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to rate this foundation so low because well, due to its price and brand, i definitely expected much better results.

Color: i have also noticed what other reviewers stated, that the shade range is fairly limited and lighter complexions are favored, but i did manage to find my shade, 30 Cendre/Shell. it suits my skin perfectly. However, it is true that the yellow undertone predominates so i see this might be a bit of a problem for girls with different complexions. It didn't bother me at all, because this shade, nr 30, has the ideal amount of beigy-'yellow' in it.

Coverage: THIS is my major problem. This stuff doesn't cover at all. it gives the same coverage as my first foundation, a terribly cheap drugstore brand from a company that is mostly specialized in producing soaps and cotton buds (i was 15 so an allowance for cosmetics was a bit of an issue back then). it just doesn't cover, period. i saw this just as i was applying the product...and thinking 'oh no, oh no...it can't be happening'. i used enough product and it didn't cover my circles, it just disappeared off my skin.

The finish: yes it is glowy and dewy in a very beautiful and natural way that other foundations don't manage to do, i wholeheartedly agree. But if you set this foundation with powder....nada. it's all gone. and you must set it, otherwise it just fades off or rubs off your clothes.

The look: an extremely natural one. it doesn't seem you're actually wearing makeup which is great. this is the first foundation that doesn't look like foundation on the skin. i am pretty surprised with it, this is a great advantage.

However. at the price and quantity...i'm thinking of returning it and getting my all-time favorite, Estee Lauder Double Wear...or use it with ELDD, combined, or use the ELDW as a concealer and keep the dewiness and natural finish. i am not sure what i will do with it.
I certainly won't repurchase it and don't recommend it if you're going to shell some good money for a high-end product...i'd rather recommend something from Estee Lauder instead.

Happy shopping!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, I was previously devoted to Lancome's Adaptive in Porcelaine 010. I got through 3 bottles of that stuff but when it ran out last time I fancied a change so I had a look at the Chanel foundations.

I've never used Chanel foundations before and generally go for matte forumlations because I have combination/oil skin. However, I thought I'd like to try a natural, dewy look so I opted for this. I bought it in the lightest shade Limpide, which is similar to Lancome Porcelaine but a bit more yellow. I think most chanel colours are more on the warmer, yellow side.

The consistency is fair runny, so it's easy to blend, and I find it blends nicely into my skin and does not just sit on top so it looks really natural when on. I use either my fingers or a foundation brush when I can be bothered to clean them!

If you have major issues such as zits, scars or discoloration then this foundation is not for you because it's not thick enough to mask imperfections.

I really like this foundation, it gives a lovely, natural, flawless finish and a little goes a long way. I reckon a bottle should last me over a year and I use it pretty much everyday.

The bottle is lush as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this foundation. I've tried many foundations that's supposed to give moisture and provide light/medium coverage, and this is by far the BEST I've tried.
I'ts quite pricy, but I use so little every time I apply it, so it's not really a problem for me. I've tried it with both a regular foundation brush and my fingers, and I like using both. Which is really weird, since I normally NEVER use a foundation brush for anything. With the brush it gives me a slight more coverage, but still the dewy look that I like. And I can just use it with my fingers for every day use.
It stays on my skin for a long time, and it keeps the dewy nice look (not shiny or oily in any way) on my skin all day. Even when I was in direct sunlight and hot weather for a long time, it stayed put through that. Really nice! I will definetly repurchase, because this is my HG foundation.
I'm now using it in 40 - Beige, since I get some color in the summer, but I will probably get it in a lighter shade too, for winter. Absolutely love this product :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by capelle11

No, just NO! This foundation has the consistency of a really cheap product. It sits noticeably on my skin and yet doesn't provide any coverage whatsoever. I actually found it emphasised flaws, and my skin is pretty good on the whole. I bought this hoping to love it but sadly it wasn't to be. Oh, and the cap broke within a week too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation, switched from Giorgio Armani LSF and won't be going back as this is superior. Very smooth coverage yet sheer and subtle. Lasts all day at work into evening and my skin looks lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

i absolutely LOVE this product! it doesn't accentuate my dry patches (on my tzone and all over my jawline), it gives great coverage (evens out my skin tone and covers most blemishes, all without making me look like i'm wearing makeup), makes my skin luminous without looking glittery (unlike revlon's photoready foundation), it smells wonderful and is the best colour match i've ever had with a liquid foundation. it's also quite long-lasting, a fact that surprised as i typically associate long-lasting foundations with matte finishes. but a few weeks ago i put my makeup on at around 9 am and by the time i got home (6 hours later), was surprised to find that i didn't even need to touch up. i rushed out of the house to make it to a show, had dinner with a friend afterwards, and by the time i got home, it was almost midnight. my foundation had survived a 15 hour day and i was thoroughly impressed. so for all those reasons, vitalumiere has become my current HG liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by loveandconfusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an impulse purchase, the packaging was absolutely luxe and the brand association screamed quality; but it was a purchase I definitely regret. I have dry skin that has a tendency to produce dry patches around my cheeks, which I fight with Chanel's Ultra Correction Lift and extra exfoliation. On to the product, I'm slightly miffed that I'd forgotten to apply the foundation over the said patches as well as my jaw when being color matched. This is why I feel this foundation is terrible: this is the only foundation who claimed to give high moisture that induced more dry patches as well as enhanced them! The texture was slightly greasy as well, and when worn for several hours it looked oily but dryness was still apparent. It looked absolutely odd, disco ball-y forehead and cheek bones but flaky dry on the cheeks. Awful. The price was more on the steep side, too bad the foundation couldn't be as exquisite as most of Chanel's caliber! I gave this to my mom, who loves everything Coco.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched to Limpide (10) and im NC15-20 right between. Once it warmed up to my skin i think it oxidized a bit and turned a bit orange, not alot but just a little. I have redness so I like my foundations to have yellow to them. Also it looked kind of shiny on me.

BIG EDIT!!!-
6 months later now winter, my skin gets real dry with other foundation so I needed a foundation that was good for dry skin so I went to the counter and gave it a chance. I am actually 20 Clair which suits me way better. Its very hydrating and extremely dewy, even more then F&B I think so no wonder I hated it in the summer time. You must set this foundation tho because if not it will transfer very easily. Set it with a powder puff, not a brush because the brush will move the product around just pat it in. Im currently using MSFN and just bought Chanel Universelle Compacte which im trying out. Love this foundation is wonderful. if you have really dry skin and other foundations look dry and get cakey during the day on you deff try this!!