July 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Barbie456

This stuff is awesome. I love it! I have it in Cupcake and its such a nice light pink color. I like that it has just a hint of shimmer, but not so much that its scary. The textures also very nice..

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Smashin31385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Must be I'm not getting the same formula as everyone else who raves about these things. They feel so heavy and unnecessarily goopy. Gah. I'm never listening to Makeup blogs again, I work too hard to get garbage!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by zombieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this because of the "Buttery balm" thing. Forget about buying this product if your lips gets dry and chapped all the time! I always put vaseline on before I apply lipstick but this lipstick have been one of the worst ones by far of all the lipsticks I have bought in my life but it is only because it does not work well with my dry lips. The colours are nice though and the packaging is great! But the lipstick itself is not so great for me. :( But every products works differently for other people, right?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by deecupid

I wanted to like this product soo much because i like the colours and the idea behind it.. lip butter, moisture, buttery and stuff... And I really thought with all that hype, it would make dry lips better or at least improve it.. But I was wrong... This product is not for dry lips at all!! Its ecentuates it even more!! If you have nice, non-dry lips, it would look great on you.. But not dry lips.. I thought this product will at least help hide it but it does the opposite for a lip butter im dissapointed. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are amazing. Perfect for everyday use, it's moisturising for the lips and the colour pay off is great. I have Strawberry Shortcake, Macaroon and Peach Parfait, and I think Peach Parfait is my favourite of the shades. The only thing I dislike about these is the packaging. When applying it feels flimsy and like it's about to snap, which is a little off putting for me because I'd HATE to break it. Other than that, I'm going to be purchasing more of these bad boys.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have red velvet and creme brule. They moisturize okay but the colour doesn't stay. I know its a balm but it just kinda slides. And with the red colour it does bleed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I finally caved to the constant good reviews from bloggers and bought several of these last week (2 one night and 4 more the next). I really like all the colors I bought, every single one. The formula is moisturizing on me and I love that it's less opaque and heavy than regular lipstick. I came here to give it a 5, but when I saw on several of the reviews how little product you get and rolled one up to check...I was flabbergasted to say the least. Considering the length of the tube, it's quite the intentional rip off. Will I buy them again? Yes, >IF<, Revlon increases the amount of product in the tube or if I find them BOGO free. $4 is about fair for what's in the tube, which is about the same amount you get in those skinny little Burt's Bees lip shimmers.

Update: I have 10 now. I really do love these, it's pretty much all I use these days. I even keep one on my desk or in my pocket (Pink Truffle) for when my lips feel dry. I STILL think the tube is deliberately misleading about the amount you get so will only buy them on sale, but I will continue to buy them BOGO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like it but if you have any dryness on your lips it really sticks to the dry parts and makes them stand out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cfthrifty

PROs: nice sheer color; not sparkly or super "wet" looking; subtle enough to wear everyday/casual.
CONs: more sticky than "buttery"; smells and tastes like lipstick; not moisturizing for dry winter lips; difficult to open tube.
It's more a sheer lipstick than it is butter or balm. I expected it to be more, well...,buttery; slippery, moisturizing- something closer in consistency to Burts Bees Lip Shimmers. This reminds me of CG Lipslicks, but slightly more opaque, and sticky. Pink Truffle is the tiniest bit redder than my CG Lipslicks Hipster. I like the color, and it looks good on. The look of the packaging (tube) is kinda pretty, but not worth the trouble it takes to get it open. I'll use it up eventually, but only when my lips are already super moisturized. Not a good choice for winter: sticky, dry, un-yummy lips. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product so much... =\
I'm not sure why these lip butters are so hyped up, they do nothing for me. I have the lip butter in raspberry pie, which is a beautiful dark pink shade. The lip butter is really quite pigmented, just slightly less pigmented than a lipstick. The problem is, this product dries my lips out! The reason that I was so excited about owning a lip butter was because pretty much all of my lipsticks are drying (because they're all drugstore). Lo & behold, the lip butters are only slightly less drying than my lipsticks! Not. Impressed.
I should also mention that I have very oily skin & lips. My lips are never dry unless I apply drugstore lipstick or one of these lip butters.
I like how light the product feels on the lips, but it also has a thin, greasy texture to it, whilst simultaneously sucking the moisture out of the lips. Weird.
I also dislike the colour selection. They have so many pale pinks, all of which look exactly the same. There are no mauve shades, & there are only 2 other shades in this collection which appeal to me.
What I will say though, is that the packaging is gorgeous & I LOVE the scent. It smells like cake batter!! You don't get very much product though, & these are very expensive where I live ($21-$23). I got mine on ebay.
All in all, i'm seriously disappointed. If I had bought these in Aus, I could have paid $7 more & gotten a YSL lipstick. SO OVERPRICED!!
Edit: Forgot to add, these are not long-lasting at all. I gave this product 3 stars for pretty packaging, a cute scent & good pigmentation.