October 20, 2014 | 1958 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ljaa

I absolutely love this!!! Like many others, I can't do liquid foundations, my skin's oily after 20 minutes. With BE my skin looks great and this stuff lasts pretty much all day. I use Meduim and Medium beige depending on season, mineral veil on nose and forehead, bisque in the eye area and as concealer and warmth on my cheeks. I suggest the beginners kit where you get great brushes and color and can get started for $60 right away. If you like it, buy the bisque also!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Melipops

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've stopped using BE foundation after 3 months(last week). It was hard to completely take off- similar to a lipstick 'stain.' I used a mixture of Tan/Warm Tan which matched my skin enough, but it did not cover or diminish my dark under eye circles or any other spot I may have had. It actually highlighted them and made me itchy sometimes. A big problem was the odd "hologram" shine of my skin when I wore the foundation. I tried using very little, a little bit more, blotting, etc...all with the same effect in indoor or outdoor lighting. That's wasn't a "sheer natural glow." It looked like a night-club shine. Also, the brushes shed so much and irritated my skin that I had to throw them out after a month. The packaging is suprisingly cheap and extremely messy for such an expensive product. However, I still do occasionally use BE Warmth, and one of the BE blushes sparingly. They are transferred to better-made containers ofcourse. I dumped the rest of the "natural" foundation into the yard. It's just wasn't worth the effort and it was a big waste of money to me. Now I'm using Avon's loose powder foundation which matches my skin perfectly. Well, until something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by glamourxx

i love this product!!!! i'm NC30 to NC35 in MAC studio fix. bare minerals doesn't feel caked on at all and i love how natural it looks. some people have mentioned that it looks too metallic and shiny, but it's really not. natural skin has some sheen to it, which is exactly what bare minerals does. other products i've used, like MAC studio fix, are WAY too matte and powdery so when i finally found this product i was ecstatic with the results. i have some acne scars (hyperpigmentation) and bare minerals does not completely cover it, but it does its job and i still look good lol. :)
NOTE: if you're hesitant to buy this product because of all the negative remarks, just go out to sephora and test it out. if you're still unsure whether or not to buy it, go ahead and just buy it! you'll never know until you try it out. make sure it's from sephora though because they allow returns if you're dissatisfied (keep receipt & original packaging).
UPDATE: so it's about a year later and i still love it! i've made it my HG foundation. my mom is very particular about how makeup looks, but she has even told me that bare minerals looks awesome and is the best foundation i've ever used. my skin is really sensitive and i tend to break out easily with new products, but this one doesn't irritate my skin at all..even if i'm out all night and i can't wash my face. i originally purchased the starter kit and with all the products (smaller sizes, but have lasted me longer than a year) plus the regular full-sized brushes. definitely worth the deal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yuck. Ugly metallic finish. Even this shade was too pink for my yellow-toned skin. Gave me tiny clogged pores. I found my HG in Alima...which is purer than this with only four ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin type is sensitive, oily with some dry patches as well as occasional breakouts. I purchased starter kit from BE’s website with medium skin tone (#2.3 and #3) and the veil. It was not available at Sephora at that time. Within 15 minute of applying this foundation, my face got shiny, oily, and greasy. When I blotted with Kleenex, it was like wiping darts. I can’t believe BE sells dart like powder foundation. When you read the ingredients, the list is too long to be “pure” minerals (read fine prints ladies!). This veil contains cornstarch and should not call minerals. Regardless of its claims of oil free, I got shiny within very short time. It also likes to settle in the lines and expend pores. Honestly, I haven’t noticed I have so many lines before!

It kept shiny all the day for two days of my trial. I returned mine and lost $10 S/H fees. BE’s customer service is terrible if you want to return their products. The woman I talked with was very rude. In BE’s website it was claimed that the starter kit worth much more than individual packages but the reality is the sizes. Starter kit contains only 0.06 oz but actual size contains 0.3 oz. It was not mentioned in BE’s website (but Sephora did). BE’s kabuki brush shed a lot but flawless foundation brush is pretty good. I did get flawless face but only lasted less than 10 minutes. Too bad :( Oh, that flawless face was only inside, not in the sunlight. I was shocked to notice my face like getting Halloween mask!

Now, I am using Everyday Minerals, which contains only four ingredients and this is much cheaper than BE. (You can get free samples for only $3.37 from EM’s website.) I also tried Physicians Formula and L’Oreal but EM is the winner so far (not perfect though). BTW, don’t buy BE from ebay as when you read fine prints and translate the abbreviations; almost all of them are not genuine. Only purchase at Sephora as its good return policy. You can go there physically if you can and try it first. I wish I did. I don’t recommend BE anyway regardless of their advertisement everywhere and fake testimonials.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 3:34:00 AM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the foundation colors in 1,2, and 2.3. Since I have got a bit darker during the summer I am using 2.3 now. I have a few redspots on my skin, and sometimes I will mix in the #2 with a bit of 2.3 to camoflouge that spot. Works wonderful. My skin looks flawless and its not expensive considereing you dont have to use much. My suggestion is to start off with a small amount then work your way up if needed. Alot of people make the mistake (including myself when I started) that so little can actually make your skin look better. I use the brush it came with because it gives me more of a matte coverage. If you like a more natural coverage I suggest the Bobbi Brown Kabuki brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2006 6:31:00 PM More reviews by gingerPeach

Umm, I didn't like this product. I really wanted to, since I was really convinced after watching their infomercial, but when I tried it I was left with disappointment. Made my skin look too shiny and oily (even when it wasn't). And the mica in it made my pores look bigger than they really were. I'm never going out into the sun with this stuff again. I broke out really badly because of the bismuth oxychloride, which is a skin irritant.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2006 7:57:00 AM More reviews by chanelnbebe

At first I was very impressed with this and liked it. After a while though it started to leave a shiny finish to my skin-made it look oily(I have normal skin). In my 20's so I don't have wrinkles but it seems to settle(into where my cheeks crease when I smile)I hated that!! Also, made a terrible mess on my vanity! this would spill every where-even when I was being careful. Not travel bag friendly-due to the messy nature of this stuff. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Sass

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks!!!! I bought this at the Florida Mall in Orlando. I could not believe how many customers flooded this store daily. I was color matched for medium Beige and just love the coverage and feel of it. I normally wear GA's MSF in 5.5 and I can't believe how awesome this stuff feels on my skin. It looks like you're wearing nothing and yet your skin is glowing. If you want to buy the kit buy it at Sephora for $60 versus $75 at their store or website. Sephora's bronzer brush ($25) is excellent for applying this foundation.

This one's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by natedac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying this, I'm wondering why I ever bought liquid foundation??? I decided to try this only because I live in California, and it's +100 degrees everyday and by mid-morning, the makeup is already looking like it will come off with the sweat. I use the face prep that came with the kit, which helps smooths out the skin and use the BM 2.3. I find that it covers very well, without the heavy feeling of make up. My boyfriend didn't even notice that I had make up on (he usually can tell :( ), but instead noticed that I had more color. :) I got his approval and he's my toughest critic! A little goes a long way, as long as you buff it on and watch as it slowly gives you more coverage. Too much will make you look pasty, so be careful!