Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 8/10/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My Skin:
Combination (sensitive cheeks and a bit around my t-zone, dry and oily t-zone, and normal on the rest of my skin)
Also, I have acne on my t-zone and cheeks.

09.08.09 I just bought this today, so it's my first time using it.

Packaging:
I enjoy how the packaging has a pump (sanitary) and has a cap (portable).

Price:
I bought this for around 11 CAD. Not exactly the cheapest drugstore product, but neither the most expensive.

Thoughts:
When I first pumped it out, I knew there wasn't enough product (didn't like how one pump didn't do it all). Had to pump it 3 times, till I could lather(?) it onto my skin. It comes out as a foam so, it's very gentle. I soon felt my face starting to burn, so I quickly rinsed it off.

Results:
Inflamed, irritated, dry patched (in certain areas) skin. When I put on a moisturizer it irritated my skin even more! However, I enjoy how it didn't over-dry my skin and left it rather soft.

on 8/3/2009 12:33:00 AM

I have combo skin
For at least 5 years, I have use this product to clear my acne. It does help me but NOT completely, I still get big breakouts on my chin and have small red dots around my cheeks and temples.

It also dries out my skin right after using it each morning, especially in winter.

I have now learnt that a cleanser should not be doing this (drying out your skin) and it should be as gentle as possible, the way to test this is to see if it hurts your eyes.

Thus after many years of using this I am now looking for something else but if you want a cleanser immediately while you're doing research on a good cleanser, this wouldn't be a bad choice.

on 7/31/2009 4:26:00 AM

Do not use this, it is probably the worst face wash i have encountered to date, and believe me i have used close to everything that is sold. it makes breakouts 1000x worse and is not a solution for any type of acne.

on 7/24/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination/oily skin. I bought this cleanser because I wanted a gentle cleanser that wouldn't dry my skin out; this worked out fine for that aspect. I have acne too, but it's not too bad, so I'm not purposely using this for acne. If you want something that clears your acne, this wouldn't do the job. What I do is use this cleanser, use a non-oily moisturizer, and then use an anti-acne treatment. I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't exactly wow me. It smells nice though, and I like the green semi-shiny leaves on the front.

on 7/12/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily/acne prone skin and have been using this product for years.... it seems like the only product that does not dry my skin out and keep me breakout free. I continue purchasing this item!

on 7/4/2009 12:29:00 AM

Nothing much to say, sorta cleans(give it a 7/10), doesn't really help with acne or evening out skin tone. Will not be repurchasing

on 6/26/2009 11:52:00 AM

This cleanser did nothing positive for me. It actually made my skin much worse. Normally, I am acne prone around my temples and chin. It made these areas noticeably worse, and I actually starting getting pimples in other places on my face that are normally fairly clear. It made my face terribly dry, and even after I applied moisturizer, my skin still felt slightly irritated.

I wasn't expecting a cure-all product, just something to get me on a path to improvement. This was a waste of 8 bucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this cleanser awhile back and wasn't impressed with it. It was very drying on my combination skin, and the smell was very harsh. It was hard to control the amount you get from the dispenser because the formula is the consistency of water. The packaging was cheap and the product ended up leaking out of the pump dispenser. I expected more from Aveeno and will not repurchase.

on 6/24/2009 6:42:00 PM

I picked it up from my roommate's sister who lives in the States (again, Aveeno is not available in Europe), and I like it. I have combination skin, and I do get a couple of spots from time to time caused by either hormones or stress. I can't really say if it has helped with the condition, but the texture of the foam is nice, and the smell is pretty fresh. My skin isn't left feeling completely dried out either. I'd say it's pretty good value for money, but if you have severe acne problems, you might want to try something stronger.

on 6/23/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i love this cleanser. i've been using it for years! please do not expect it to be the magical bottle that will help all your blemishes dissapear. its just a cleanser! cleansers are meant to strenghten your cleansing routine, not replace it, so please, dont expect perfection. it doesnt dry out my skin and it foams very well. the only con is that it's a tad expensive for me, but its about the same price of most drugstore cleansers.