Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 7/24/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination/oily skin. I bought this cleanser because I wanted a gentle cleanser that wouldn't dry my skin out; this worked out fine for that aspect. I have acne too, but it's not too bad, so I'm not purposely using this for acne. If you want something that clears your acne, this wouldn't do the job. What I do is use this cleanser, use a non-oily moisturizer, and then use an anti-acne treatment. I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't exactly wow me. It smells nice though, and I like the green semi-shiny leaves on the front.

on 7/12/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily/acne prone skin and have been using this product for years.... it seems like the only product that does not dry my skin out and keep me breakout free. I continue purchasing this item!

on 7/4/2009 12:29:00 AM

Nothing much to say, sorta cleans(give it a 7/10), doesn't really help with acne or evening out skin tone. Will not be repurchasing

on 6/26/2009 11:52:00 AM

This cleanser did nothing positive for me. It actually made my skin much worse. Normally, I am acne prone around my temples and chin. It made these areas noticeably worse, and I actually starting getting pimples in other places on my face that are normally fairly clear. It made my face terribly dry, and even after I applied moisturizer, my skin still felt slightly irritated.

I wasn't expecting a cure-all product, just something to get me on a path to improvement. This was a waste of 8 bucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this cleanser awhile back and wasn't impressed with it. It was very drying on my combination skin, and the smell was very harsh. It was hard to control the amount you get from the dispenser because the formula is the consistency of water. The packaging was cheap and the product ended up leaking out of the pump dispenser. I expected more from Aveeno and will not repurchase.

on 6/24/2009 6:42:00 PM

I picked it up from my roommate's sister who lives in the States (again, Aveeno is not available in Europe), and I like it. I have combination skin, and I do get a couple of spots from time to time caused by either hormones or stress. I can't really say if it has helped with the condition, but the texture of the foam is nice, and the smell is pretty fresh. My skin isn't left feeling completely dried out either. I'd say it's pretty good value for money, but if you have severe acne problems, you might want to try something stronger.

on 6/23/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i love this cleanser. i've been using it for years! please do not expect it to be the magical bottle that will help all your blemishes dissapear. its just a cleanser! cleansers are meant to strenghten your cleansing routine, not replace it, so please, dont expect perfection. it doesnt dry out my skin and it foams very well. the only con is that it's a tad expensive for me, but its about the same price of most drugstore cleansers.

on 6/18/2009 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is such a great natural cleanser! it's best for waking up in the morning and for doing a simple wash for your face at night! If you don't have any skin problem or just a pimple or two, this is great product! I have sensitive skin so your face won't get damaged or anything. You will feel a little tightening on your face but this product won't dry you out at all! just put on the other needed products for your face: toner and moistureizer :)

on 6/14/2009 5:55:00 PM

I picked this up without reading any reviews for it and I really regret it. I have combination skin that isn't terribly acne prone and I wanted something that wouldn't leave me with dry, burning skin so I picked this up. Unfortunately, it leaves my T-Zone very shiny and oily after only a few hours, and it doesn't get that way normally, which really bothered me. I don't know if I'm even going to finish this bottle before I switch to something else.

on 6/3/2009 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

This cleanser is mild and I like the fact that it doesn't dry my skin out as much as other anti-acne cleansers. I have only used it for a week so far so I will give it more time to see it's effectivess but my skin feels great so far! I also follow this with a mask for best results. Love the smell!!