April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by heidzbaby

I have bought this product along with the concealer, gave this one away.
    I have the "medium" shade but it's way too light! --- and this is apparently the darkest shade available to them. looks really bad on photos (white mask) looks OK in person.
    It is not lightweight so you can feel the weight of this foundation on your skin --- would rather go for Maxfactor foundation compared to this one.
    So many people raved about this online, when I tried it... I was not that happy. :( specifically the price -- I have oily skin - it did mattify the skin but I did not enjoy wearing it... The concealer though is pretty OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by MadiDoughnuts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's light yet has great coverage and I use it so much. I have normal skin so it keeps my face matte without having to put on a powder, which I love, though people with oily skin may find they still need a powder. It even lasts all day, I love it! And the best part was that I bought it from my chemist when it was $30 off! It was $5 and I just grabbed it off the shelf! I am really pleased with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

I'm in the minority here, I'm not a fan of this foundation. It looks so mask like, breaks me out, and Is wayyyy too matte. I have dry skin that can get oily since I live in a humid climate, but I still do not enjoy matte make ups on my face. This is no exception, it settles into fine lines, and if I have an active pimple, it cakes up on top of it and makes it way more obvious. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lmccann8037

I absolutely love this stuff! I am very fair and have a big problem with dry acne and dark spots. So I am always on the lookout for foundations that are both a good coverage AND don't turn me into an oompa loompa! This is definitely the best I have found! Definitely recommend this foundation. The only thing I dislike ( a very small problem) is the packaging. I wish it had come with a pump of some sort, because it is a very messy product to use. I always either get too much or too little on the back of my hand! Otherwise love this product and use it whenever I feel I need some coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HeyGorgeousBabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin product is AMAZING. I have never been able to find a liquid foundation or BB Cream that didn't leave my skin feeling oily after several hours of application. If I apply too much around my nose, it will become oily quickly so I usually have to be pretty accurate when applying this foundation. The packaging isn't necessarily efficient, I have to shove my fingers inside of the bottle and have to scrape the product out. I usually wash my face with the Morning Burst Oil-Free Shine Control Facial Cleanser by Clean and Clear, apply Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin, and slightly powder my face with the Bare Minerals Original Foundation. I usually never become TOO oily throughout the day, this product works wonderfully although I would appreciate it if application efficiency was easier and if it's possible to bring the price of this product down a little?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sxcs2

so bad. looks cakey, feels cakey, doesnt go on smooth at all, bad at hiding imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sukiedelrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many drugstore foundations, but being very pale all of them looked orange on me, and I had that dreadful "my face is an entirely different color from my neck" look going on. I picked up Colorstay in the palest shade (Ivory) and it's the closest color match I've ever achieved. When I put it on, it's almost exactly my skin tone; at the end of the day it's a little darker but not cringing-level noticeable. I have EXTREMELY flaky skin, and I can't say this is particularly moisturizing--however, I've found that it doesn't make dry patches any more noticeable than every other foundation. Coverage is great. I have an abysmally red nose (my nickname throughout middle school was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) and Colorstay evens it out perfectly. You do have to apply carefully though, because the thick consistency can leave you looking cakey up close. I've never had a breakout while using this, and I don't care about the smell. The packaging is really the most flagrant con. All in all, a very good foundation if you have a pale shade and you can't afford MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Annas2

My favourite foundation! I have used so many foundations high end and low, but keep coming back to this. It is a reliable foundation that I trust to keep me shine free through a whole work day. I have used this foundation for over 12 hours a day, with minimal shine and I have used this for years!

My skin is about a NC 25 in Mac and I use the colour 240 Medium beige in the combination/oily 24 hrs formula and the colour 200 Nude in the dry/normal 24hrs formula. Both are perfect colour matches for my skin. I do love both formulas, but feel the oily combination feels thicker on my skin. I have noticed the dry formula makes my skin look more dry than the oily, which is strange.

Both are excellent foundations for my skin type and I will keep using. The only thing I don't like about these foundations, is I don't think they are non-comedogenic as it doesn't say this on the bottle or the revlon website in the description for the foundation.

Overall this is an excellent foundation and I will continue to buy, this would be my HG foundation if only it were non-comedogenic! Btw this comes with a pump dispenser now, finally:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SeasideMel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation for giving nice, medium coverage. In addition it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines. I bought the formula for dry skin. I have to work with it a bit to prevent it from looking cakey, but that could be due to the fact that I'm using a stipple brush which is something I've never used before. If I buff enough, I get a nice airbrushed look. The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't let your skin breathe. It's an odd feeling which I've never experienced with any other foundation. (I haven't used that many.) Overall, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Cbizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is a staple in my makeup routine. I've bought it countless times. I buy the lightest shade and it blends perfectly with my skin color. It stays in place all day and it doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I've tried a lot of foundations, including Clinique's version of long-wear foundation, and this tops them all. I highly recommend it for those who struggle with oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No