December 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by JenGarza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a NC15 and Buff was my perfect shade. This really does last a long time (I would say easily 8 hours at least) even though I am incredibly oily. I don't feel too "cakey" either by the end of it's lifespan. It's definitely now my go-to drugstore foundation because it is reliable and will guaranty to cover any of my redness or blemishes. I'm not in love with the container, as it is hard to scrape out the last remains, but it's not a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Tmichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this product because my ColorStay whipped foundation was getting a little too light for my skin as it gets darker in the summer. I really like it so far! The color works great for my skin, and it feels quite light but you can make it fuller coverage if you need it.

My biggest complain is that it desperately needs a pump!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by madicat97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did like this. When I had a lot of acne it applied and covered it. It has pretty full coverage. I found it to be buildable. It also did a very nice job controlling my oil. And I have extremely oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation now comes with a pump. Amen. Thank you Revlon, you made our lives a lot easier. A good foundation to have lying around, especially for those days/nights when you want a little more coverage. Wouldn't be using it for everyday use for the fact that it is heavy and thick and I think that it does clog my pores and cause breakouts after repeated use. I still really like this foundation and would really recommend it for night time use if you want more coverage for two reasons: 1) It is long lasting 2) Provides a near-full coverage and 3) is cost effective. I'm not sure if it's hormonal or if it's just the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this foundation! It is full coverage and lasts all day but it is difficult to remove and breaks me out occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

My usual go to foundation was MUF's HD foundation, which works great, but is on the expensive side. Revlon's ColorStay foundation works amazingly well for the price and I like it better than the HD foundation. The coverage is medium-full depending on how much coverage you want. It does tend to dry really fast so I blend it out with a damp beauty blender. It leaves me with a flawless, natural finish that lasts literally all day. The only thing I wish it had was a pump because the bottle tends to dirty very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Justin650

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is overhyped. I tried the Toast version and it looked too red on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Revlon ColorStay foundation for oily/combination skin.

This is a medium to full coverage foundation, that feels a bit thick and needs to be worked on the skin quickly (I felt that otherwise, it dried easily).
The colour I used was Buff, which was a really nice pale shade with slight yellow undertones. However, I would never repurchase this because I was using it during a time that my skin was breaking out a lot (I had to take isotretinoin!) and I'm suspicious that this foundation made me skin worse. This is because as soon as I started using it, my skin would break out more (and at the time I was "happy" that at least the foundation could cover everything) and once I stopped using it, my skin started to get better.
However, I'm not fully sure if it was this foundation that caused me to break out (I used it about 2.5 years ago) but it just brings me bad memories. Besides, nowadays I prefer something that feels lighter.

I would say, if you're looking for a full covarage foundation (despite the heavier consistency), with a nice selection of shades and reasonable price, you might want to give it a try. I'd only advice you to test this carefully if you're acne pronce or your skin breaks out easily from products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by AlexisRosee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After starting to use Revlon Colorstay it became my absolute FAVORITE foundation! It covers great, it feels like what they would put on you for a commercial, because it's so flawless looking. But, i'm no longer using it because unfortunately there are a lot more negatives than positives. Now we all have different types of skin, but this foundation is SO heavy that it clogs your pores, and i learned that the hard way! It gave me terrible and i mean TERRIBLE acne. Every time i wear it i'll have a new pimple once i get it all washed off and when i wake up the amount will just grow one after another. And i'm still struggling with the breakout it gave me the last time i wore it. Also another thing is that is drys REALLY quickly and ends up leaving streaks if you don't blend fast. Good if you're looking to cover freckles and other flaws, but not worth it the aftermath.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by SarahDelevingne

So i love the finish of the foundation, it make your skin look flawless and the coverage is amazing! it literally stays on all day, No joke. What really set me off is the bottle! i wasted SO MUCH of this product getting it out.When you do get some out goes everywhere and pours way to much. It doesn't have a pump which i really think Revlon should change. It always drys out and turns crusty since pouring it out is so messy and gets all over the bottle. I would like to start buying this foundation again but i wont if they don't change the bottle
~ SarahDelevinge :*
( im not sure if your can buy this product with a pump now, I haven't checked in awhile)