Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 7/27/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best drug store foundation you can buy! I have very oily skin and i apply it with my sigma flat top kabuki brush and it looks amazing! Set it with a translucent powder if you have very oily skin like me and TADA! All day wear that looks amazing. I have tried many many diff foundations but I always come back to this always.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

its okay i suppose,it come out darker than what it looks like in the bottle,
when i got home i tried it on
i moisturized my skin, and applied the foundation (iused my hand to apply it)
although my skin is oily, it give my skin a nice jewy finsh, dosnt look cakey, i went to school with it on before i went to school it was fine, sitting all nice, not patchy or anything, when i came home, my foundaion was all dried up,my whole face was plotchy,
i dont use it as much now but when i do i do this:
-get a tub of moisturizer
-put some foundation in it
-mix it
tada,it looks far nicer when i wear it as a tinted moitureizer!!

PROS
stays on all day
full coverage
no scent
comes in lost of shades
theres ones for differnt combos of skins
not that dear
can be bought at any drugstore

CONS
hard to apply
dries in to fast
comes out darker

on 7/26/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the first full coverage foundation I've ever used and boy is it amazing!

I accidentally purchased 180 Sand Beige, which is slightly off from my skintone. The Ivory shade is probably my best match...but, I am making the Sand Beige work for now.

This foundation covers everything! My cheeks/nose area is rather red, but Revlon Colorstay gets rid of it completely. It leaves my face looking perfectly even and flawless. The perfect blank canvas for blush, bronzer, etc.

A little bit of product goes a long way. Be sure to blend quickly because it dries fast. For now I am using my fingers to apply but am searching for a good flat top foundation brush to use instead.

Also, I forgot to mention that I am using the combination/oily formula.

Loving this foundation!

on 7/25/2013 8:09:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION YOU CAN EVER GET!!! I didnt really know what to expect from this, i've heard all the great reviews about it so after a while i decided to give it a go. Boy was i in for a special treat!!! This foundation makes me look so flawless and pretty! I am in the color 150 Buff. Its suppose to last up to 24 hrs but for me, it doesnt really.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this is the only liquid foundation I really really loved. It leaves a matte finish on my face and does not make my skin look shiny or wet. I do use a powder over it just to set it. It's great at covering up my acne marks and leaves my skin feeling soft. A little goes a long way too I love it

on 7/23/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation!

I have SUPER OILY skin and this is by far the best foundation that keeps me matte for a decent amount of time.

How I Apply it:
1- moisturizer
2- milk of magnesia
3- primer
4- REVLON foundation

The only thing is that you have to blend fast because it dries fast.

on 7/23/2013 10:48:00 PM

I have both the dry skin and the oily skin version of this because my skin tends to change during seasons. I think this is an OKAY foundation but I'm not a heavy foundation kind of person because I don't have anything to hide on my skin really. Just pinkish cheeks and a sheer cover (such as NARS SG) usually solves that problem pretty quick. Plus it tranfered on my clothes through the day. I wont buy anymore but I may use this at times when I need a little more coverage.

on 7/23/2013 10:24:00 PM

I feel compelled to review the new 24 hour formula and compare it to the old formula with softflex. First, I am reviewing the Combination/Oily formula. I must say that I like the new 24 hour formula much better than the old one. I know I seem to be in the minority, as fellow ColorStay users seem to think the old version was better. Let me explain why I love this new version so much more.
1) This formula looks much prettier on the skin than the original did. It sets to a satin matte finish which in neither dewy or chalky matte. It looks like beautiful skin. I do set my t-zone with powder to keep the look longer. This version lasts much longer on my skin and stays looking flawless for hours. I usually only blot my t-zone once in an 8 hour day. On the flip-side, the old formula looked chalky and dry when I would apply it; then, after only a few hours, it seemed to be melting off. Not sure why my skin reacted so differently than others, but this new formula has staying power for me while the other didn't.
2) NO MORE BREAKOUTS!! I cannot emphasize this enough. With this new version, I can wear it everyday that I wear makeup and I will not get pimples from it. The old formula would always cause a zit or three if I wore it too many days in a row. I can breathe easy knowing that I'm not suffocating my skin and I'm still getting great coverage.
3) It seems the shades are better now. I used to wear either Buff or Sand Beige in the winter/spring but the Medium Beige was too dark in the summer, so I was stuck wearing too light a shade. It wasn't a big deal; I would just bronze a bit more. However, now I can wear Medium Beige in the summer and it matches so well! I wore Sand Beige this past winter and it seemed to be good too. For reference, my MAC SFF shade is NW/NC15 in the winter and NW/NC25 in summer (MAC shades are either too pink or too yellow for me; I'm a true neutral).
Long-winded, I know, but I wanted to extend a little love to the new formula. I know many of you are angry, but there are many of us that like the change.

on 7/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

First off, WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP CHANGING THE GOSH DARN FORMULA??! For crying out loud, don't fix it if it aint broke! The very first formula was better coverage and staying powder. The new colorstay does't have as good coverage, it makes me break out, and i have no color match. I am NC 44-45 in mac and I wear Nars Sheer Glow Tahoe since it is a perfect match for me. I cannot find a single shade that works out for me and i have tried three different shades. Non have yellow undertones strong enough for my skin. This foundation also feels a bit heavy and it is STANKY! The smell is strong so i don't recommend for people sensitive to smell. I really wanted to like this but there is simply no drugstore foundation out there for me. I have to spend 30+ dollars on foundations but they are worth it. This wasn't worth the money i spent. I'm very dissapointed.

oh yea, and WHY NO PUMP?!

on 7/22/2013 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Amazing at covering acne. This gives me flawless skin. I don't need to use so much concealer and it stays on FOREVER. Every other product might've melted off my face but this foundation will still be there and still look good.

I have combo, acne-prone, eczema-prone, sensitive skin. I have this in oily/combo, which is great especially if I use a moisturiser/illuminator just before applying so it doesn't cling to my dry patches - otherwise it would, big time.

Because of its high coverage, I recommend buffing this in with something like the real techniques Buffing Brush or ELF Powder Brush (flat top buffing brushes) and blending well into the hairline and down the neck. I say this and my shade is pretty much a perfect match for me. Eye area and nose tend to crease a lot if I apply it too thickly there.

Using the buffing brush to press the foundation into problem areas works better than concealer!

I bought this in NZ where Revlon is much pricier than elsewhere but I was pleased with the lovely packaging - comes with a pump. I use about 1 1/2-2 pumps each use.

I thought NARS Sheer Glow was my HG but my skin is too temperamental at the moment and needs so much coverage :( Colorstay has saved me!