July 28, 2014 | 1742 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by fashionablysensitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was curious about this product when I saw how amazing Zooey Deschanel's lashes looked in the advert, and I really had high hopes for it when I saw it in a beautiful friend's bathroom and he told me it was worth trying. It made his lashes look gorgeous! Gave them a false lash effect and I've gotten that look myself with other mascaras so I was really excited to try this.

It just didn't work for me as well as it did for him, though. I mean, it looked good, but I've tried better, you know? It just wasn't great. For some reason, my lashes always respond better to volumizing mascaras as opposed to lengthening ones because mine are naturally on the long side anyway and this one just doesn't have much to offer in the way of volume, so if you're looking for that, skip this one. I like those big, fat, dramatic bombshell lashes and you just can't get that effect with this.

My biggest complaint is definitely the packaging- it totally sucks. The plastic on the lid is thin, thin, thin! I have never had a lid crack when I screwed it closed before (I like to make sure my mascaras are firmly closed so they don't dry out) but this one did. And once it started, it didn't stop. When I had a fraction of a lid and could never really tell if it was closed or not, that was when I finally said "Screw it!" and threw the whole tube away and moved on to something else and I have never thrown away unfinished makeup before. I just didn't see the point in keeping a so-so mascara with a janked up half-assed tube.

If you don't mind your lashes being just okay, try this. My philosophy, however, is go big or go home, and if you feel the same, skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this mascara because I read wonderful reviews from yahoo readers about it. It's rated #1 for drug store brand mascaras. I am liking it so far. My lashes were already pretty long, but they aren't very thick. As time goes on, I will see how much I like or dislike this product. As of now, it's wonderful. I am also looking forward to trying out MAC's extended last mascara in August.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm currently on my 2nd tube and love the results. I am using this in combination with the Physician's Formula eye booster eyeliner and serum though, so I may be getting double results.
Ever since I have been using this my eyelashes are longer and shinier. The one downside like people said is that is does clump because of the wet formula(it's wet cuz' it has all the goodies that make your lashes grow in it). My solution for this was the run the brush through a tissue before use to get the extra off. This also allowed the brush to add volume to my lashes.
I don't know why people are saying their lashes are falling out. Maybe the bad lashes are falling out so new healthy ones can grow? I have no idea, but it did not do this for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by bananiuuux

Everything was ok until i take off this horrible mascara.... I saw A bunch of my lashes On the pad..... :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by empiricallyVain

Blech! After watching and reading rave reviews on this mascara I decided to try it out. I have extremely long lashes as it is, so maybe this was just not the fit for me, but in short, I felt like there were marshmallows gooped all over my lashes. When I blinked they stuck together. Tarantula eyes. No good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, REALLY like this mascara for lengthening. I have almost nonexistent, short eyelashes and this mascara really makes them appear much longer and separates very well also. The only downfall for me is if you are going to a wedding, funeral or somewhere where you know you might tear up, you will definitely want to use some other waterproof mascara. It is not waterproof in the least. Also as others have mentioned, it is quite wet going on and takes some time to dry. Overall, a really great mascara though!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by whatsherface64

I've been using this mascara on and off for a little while, and I'm not too happy with it. I want to love it, because I've seen all the reviews of how people love the look of their lashes after using it, but its SO clumpy. Mascara clumps my lashes and gets all over my eyelids. The label also wore off completely and I've only had it for...3 months TOPS. I normally don't want to just throw away a product because it's such a waste, but I just can't love this product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by moviewithnostory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am currently on my second tube of this mascara. I have used it for around 6 months now, and my eye lashes do seem healthier. I'm going to list the claims the mascara package mentions, as well as what happened to my own eye lashes.
Note that on the font of the package this mascara it claims "lashes appear up to 117% longer in 30 days." On the back the package says "Exclusive natural formula GROW-LASH COMPLEX with Procapil extends and fortifies lashes," and "with continued use lashes not only look longer, but also lusher and more numerous." I looked up Procapil and I found this comment: Procapil reports that it is a patented plant complex that repairs, nourishes and prolongs the hair cycles of the telogen phase of hair growth.
So after a month of using this mascara your eye lashes without the mascara should be healthier looking, and you should have more abundant lashes because the formula in this mascara is suppose to help repair lashes and keep them from falling out. And this is what the mascara did for my lashes.
However, your eyelashes will not grow longer than your specific genetics let them. :) The mascara made my lashes healthier and stronger, thus making my lashes less likely to fall out, enabling all of my lashes to grow causing them to look longer and more lush. I LOVE the results of my natural lashes because of using this mascara, but I do have a one con about the way the mascara looks on my lashes.
While Lash Accelerator doesn't clump on my lashes, I did not like the way the mascara looked after applying it because it does not add volume whatsoever. The mascara takes a few minutes to dry as well, so you have to be careful not to touch your eyes or blink too hard. The reason I continued use of this mascara is because of the claims it made about strengthening your natural lashes, and I wanted to see if this was true.
So, I came up with a mascara duo so I could still use Lash Accelerator, even though I did not like the way it didn't add any volume. Rimmel cosmetics happened to be on sale when I first bought Lash Accelerator, so I bought Rimmel's Lash Accelerator and Rimmel's Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt Volume and Lift Mascara, too.
Do not apply the mascara by blinking into the brush, or by applying it very quickly over and over. Make sure you use slow, fluid strokes while applying. This goes for applying all mascara out there, too. Keep that in mind! :)
I apply one coat of Lash Accelerator and wait about one minute. Like I said before, the mascara is very wet and takes a little bit to dry. Then I add a second coat of it and wait for another minute. Next, I apply one coat of Rimmel's Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt volume and lift. And voila! Perfection. You get length and volume, and a "repairing process" taking place while wearing Lash Accelerator.
So, if you're looking to have stronger natural lashes I do recommend Rimmel Lash Accelerator. Make sure you have a volume mascara on hand though. As Lash Accelerator alone doesn't add much volume. Lash Accelerator works for me. It made my lashes stronger, healthier, more lush and longer. I rarely have lashes fall out.

Pros:
-Stronger, healthier, longer, and more numerous natural eye lashes after 30 days of use
-Formula does not clump
-Brush reaches to corners of eyes to get every lash

Cons:
-Does not add volume.
-Very wet formula. Takes longer to dry

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by toriS

I love this Mascara. First, if you're trying to decide between Revlon Grow luscious or Rimmel lash accelerator, I would go for the rimmel's lash accelerator. In Comparison Revlon grow luscious has a thicker formula good for VOLUME and a HUGE brush that can get hard to get outer and inner corner lashes. If you need the volume go for the revlon one, it can get a little clumpy though.
Now the rimmel's lash accelerator has more of a wet formula and a small brush. At first i wasn't impressed by the brush, But it's actually amazing for coating all the lashes and works well for lower lashes. Plus it's great because it makes me have long long lashes!!! it also gives a nice curl but not much volume. I like length so this is a great mascara for me. Overall this is one of rimmel's best mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by melissacy

I bought this mascara with high hopes. I'd been using Maybelline Falsies for about 6 months, but I was looking out for a more defining, lengthening mascara instead of volume. This mascara seemed great! I have extremely short lashes, so I was hopeful for the "lash accelerator" claim.
When I tried this mascara, it did a good job of defining my lashes, but not so much lengthening when I applied it. I haven't been using it long enough to see any actual lengthening results, but it doesn't give you much length when you apply it. After wearing it throughout the day, it smudged and accentuated my under eye circles.
Over ally, I was extremely disappointed with this! It did not lengthen, and it didn't last throughout the day, the definition even made it seem like I wasn't even wearing mascara at times, I will definitely not pick this up again, not worth the $9 CAD at Wal Mart.