Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 6/28/2011 11:42:00 AM

I bought this mascara after hearing great reviews about it. It's a pretty average mascara, it's the not worst one on the market but it's certainly not the best. The brush is actually really good, it contours the lashes and really volumizes them. It doesn't leave them thick and luscious but sometimes mascaras that are thick can be very clumpy, which this product isn't.

The thing I like about Rimmel mascaras is that there is LOADS in them that last forever and they are worth their money.

on 6/27/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This mascara is okay except I find that it only tends to elongate the center lashes and the outer and inner lashes remain the same. In fact it's actually a struggle to apply the mascara to them! I thought I was the only one but my friend seems to have the same problem

on 6/24/2011 3:38:00 PM

Overall I like this mascara, it gives me nice defined lashes, no clumps and really lengthens them! It's better at lengthening then volumizing but still nice mascara! You can really layer it up if you wait a couple minutes between layers as this mascara, or the mascara wand so much, doesn't clump at all so gives you chance to layer up!

I would repurchase this mascara, however, I would say that for night time I would probably wear this with a blacker more volumizing mascara on top to add more volume!

on 6/21/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Too heavy and the formula is a little too wet. I do like a light layer when I only want to lengthen my lashes a bit though.

on 6/18/2011 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I ♥ this mascara so far! I have had it for 4 days and I adore the long, curled look it gives to my lashes.I think this is the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried.Not only does it provide length, as it is a wet formula (that doesnt smudge!), BUT it curls so well. I have never had any mascara to curl as much as this one.This is a great buy for about 8$ at Wal-Mart

on 6/18/2011 11:32:00 AM

This really made a differrence in the length of my lashes! The formula was fairly decent, but i didnt love the plastic brush. I would say this is an average mascara except for the impressive lash-growth qualities

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was curious about this product when I saw how amazing Zooey Deschanel's lashes looked in the advert, and I really had high hopes for it when I saw it in a beautiful friend's bathroom and he told me it was worth trying. It made his lashes look gorgeous! Gave them a false lash effect and I've gotten that look myself with other mascaras so I was really excited to try this.

It just didn't work for me as well as it did for him, though. I mean, it looked good, but I've tried better, you know? It just wasn't great. For some reason, my lashes always respond better to volumizing mascaras as opposed to lengthening ones because mine are naturally on the long side anyway and this one just doesn't have much to offer in the way of volume, so if you're looking for that, skip this one. I like those big, fat, dramatic bombshell lashes and you just can't get that effect with this.

My biggest complaint is definitely the packaging- it totally sucks. The plastic on the lid is thin, thin, thin! I have never had a lid crack when I screwed it closed before (I like to make sure my mascaras are firmly closed so they don't dry out) but this one did. And once it started, it didn't stop. When I had a fraction of a lid and could never really tell if it was closed or not, that was when I finally said "Screw it!" and threw the whole tube away and moved on to something else and I have never thrown away unfinished makeup before. I just didn't see the point in keeping a so-so mascara with a janked up half-assed tube.

If you don't mind your lashes being just okay, try this. My philosophy, however, is go big or go home, and if you feel the same, skip this one.

on 6/15/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I recently purchased this mascara because I read wonderful reviews from yahoo readers about it. It's rated #1 for drug store brand mascaras. I am liking it so far. My lashes were already pretty long, but they aren't very thick. As time goes on, I will see how much I like or dislike this product. As of now, it's wonderful. I am also looking forward to trying out MAC's extended last mascara in August.

on 6/8/2011 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I'm currently on my 2nd tube and love the results. I am using this in combination with the Physician's Formula eye booster eyeliner and serum though, so I may be getting double results.
Ever since I have been using this my eyelashes are longer and shinier. The one downside like people said is that is does clump because of the wet formula(it's wet cuz' it has all the goodies that make your lashes grow in it). My solution for this was the run the brush through a tissue before use to get the extra off. This also allowed the brush to add volume to my lashes.
I don't know why people are saying their lashes are falling out. Maybe the bad lashes are falling out so new healthy ones can grow? I have no idea, but it did not do this for me.

on 6/8/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Everything was ok until i take off this horrible mascara.... I saw A bunch of my lashes On the pad..... :(