September 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too heavy and the formula is a little too wet. I do like a light layer when I only want to lengthen my lashes a bit though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by KinFaith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ♥ this mascara so far! I have had it for 4 days and I adore the long, curled look it gives to my lashes.I think this is the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried.Not only does it provide length, as it is a wet formula (that doesnt smudge!), BUT it curls so well. I have never had any mascara to curl as much as this one.This is a great buy for about 8$ at Wal-Mart

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

This really made a differrence in the length of my lashes! The formula was fairly decent, but i didnt love the plstic brush. I would say this is an average mascara except for the impressive lash-growth qualities

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by fashionablysensitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was curious about this product when I saw how amazing Zooey Deschanel's lashes looked in the advert, and I really had high hopes for it when I saw it in a beautiful friend's bathroom and he told me it was worth trying. It made his lashes look gorgeous! Gave them a false lash effect and I've gotten that look myself with other mascaras so I was really excited to try this.

It just didn't work for me as well as it did for him, though. I mean, it looked good, but I've tried better, you know? It just wasn't great. For some reason, my lashes always respond better to volumizing mascaras as opposed to lengthening ones because mine are naturally on the long side anyway and this one just doesn't have much to offer in the way of volume, so if you're looking for that, skip this one. I like those big, fat, dramatic bombshell lashes and you just can't get that effect with this.

My biggest complaint is definitely the packaging- it totally sucks. The plastic on the lid is thin, thin, thin! I have never had a lid crack when I screwed it closed before (I like to make sure my mascaras are firmly closed so they don't dry out) but this one did. And once it started, it didn't stop. When I had a fraction of a lid and could never really tell if it was closed or not, that was when I finally said "Screw it!" and threw the whole tube away and moved on to something else and I have never thrown away unfinished makeup before. I just didn't see the point in keeping a so-so mascara with a janked up half-assed tube.

If you don't mind your lashes being just okay, try this. My philosophy, however, is go big or go home, and if you feel the same, skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this mascara because I read wonderful reviews from yahoo readers about it. It's rated #1 for drug store brand mascaras. I am liking it so far. My lashes were already pretty long, but they aren't very thick. As time goes on, I will see how much I like or dislike this product. As of now, it's wonderful. I am also looking forward to trying out MAC's extended last mascara in August.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm currently on my 2nd tube and love the results. I am using this in combination with the Physician's Formula eye booster eyeliner and serum though, so I may be getting double results.
Ever since I have been using this my eyelashes are longer and shinier. The one downside like people said is that is does clump because of the wet formula(it's wet cuz' it has all the goodies that make your lashes grow in it). My solution for this was the run the brush through a tissue before use to get the extra off. This also allowed the brush to add volume to my lashes.
I don't know why people are saying their lashes are falling out. Maybe the bad lashes are falling out so new healthy ones can grow? I have no idea, but it did not do this for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by bananiuuux

Everything was ok until i take off this horrible mascara.... I saw A bunch of my lashes On the pad..... :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by empiricallyVain

Blech! After watching and reading rave reviews on this mascara I decided to try it out. I have extremely long lashes as it is, so maybe this was just not the fit for me, but in short, I felt like there were marshmallows gooped all over my lashes. When I blinked they stuck together. Tarantula eyes. No good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, REALLY like this mascara for lengthening. I have almost nonexistent, short eyelashes and this mascara really makes them appear much longer and separates very well also. The only downfall for me is if you are going to a wedding, funeral or somewhere where you know you might tear up, you will definitely want to use some other waterproof mascara. It is not waterproof in the least. Also as others have mentioned, it is quite wet going on and takes some time to dry. Overall, a really great mascara though!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by whatsherface64

I've been using this mascara on and off for a little while, and I'm not too happy with it. I want to love it, because I've seen all the reviews of how people love the look of their lashes after using it, but its SO clumpy. Mascara clumps my lashes and gets all over my eyelids. The label also wore off completely and I've only had it for...3 months TOPS. I normally don't want to just throw away a product because it's such a waste, but I just can't love this product