April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaRose

I have repurchased this many times. I've tried HE and DS mascaras and this is the only one that won't smudge on me. It does a pretty good job at volumizing, but I'm most impressed with the staying power and of course the non-smudging.

I gave it a 3 for packaging, only because it is bulky and kind of tacky. I would appreciate something that would take less space in my makeup bag and that didn't scream "DRUGSTORE" lol. But, that's the least of my worries. I love this product and will buy it until it (hopefully never) gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Nikki526

I was surprised when I tried out this mascara, I was using one of the dior ones, but the price was just getting too much for me, especially on mascara. Then a coworker of mine suggested I try this one. And I have been buying it ever since, it does not smudge or clump. Even thought it says its volume I also find that it adds great length too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by umitsanita

Pretty good product, I don't know how it compares to other ones but I got this on Thanksgiving weekend and I've been dying to try it out. My eyelashes are apparently pretty long even without mascara so I was looking more for length and "Lash blast VOLUME" sounded pretty good to me. So this actually made my eyelashes so long it looked kind of scary haha. The handle thing is a little awkward to hold also but yeah.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by MariLovesMakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have small eyes with very short thin sparse lashes so I need a "miracle" mascara and this is definitely not it. All the good reviews made me excited until I tried it. The brush is huge and it was impossible to maneuver on my short lashes. It was also very wet and after the 4th try I just returned it to Rite Aid. For now my my favorite is Maybelline Falsies Flared - Waterproof. So my search for the "miracle" mascare continues.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

Ok this is the SECOND time I have been suckered into this product because everyone else seems to love it so much! I just cannot get it to work for me...maybe its the rubber bristles that I don't like, but it does not give me volume, does clump and lump, and does not make my lashes look good or long or full or separated. I also have a hard time not making a mess with the wand (and the handle is too hard to hold!). Happy that so many love this, but unfortunately it does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by obscured

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having forgotten to pack my regularly used Diorshow on a trip, I purchased this as a temporary solution, recommended by a friend of mine. I'd have to say that Lash Blash Volume, Waterproof delivers pretty darn close to it, but at 18 bucks cheaper. It holds a curl all day with the added drama. No clumping, as long as you take an initial wipe to the mascara wand with a tissue prior to applying. I am able to take it off no problem at the end of the night with my regularly used Clinique Take The Day Off.

At only $8.99 delivering close to the same results as Diorshow, this one's a winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by chickieboo44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is one of those products that you will either love or hate. I personally LOVE this mascara. It is the best one I have ever used. It definitely gives volume and that's why I love it and once you get used to using the brush, you can make really pretty, voluminous lashes. The formula can make lashes clumpy if you are not good with the brush, but after some practice, you can avoid it, or you can use a lash brush to separate those clumps.

Another reason why I love this product is that flaking is minimal. I hate nothing more than coming home at the end of the day and seeing that my mascara has flaked all under my eyes, but this one doesn't do that.

This is my number one mascara! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It gives exactly what it promises for me. While it's probably not for everyone I have good luck with it. I've only tried a couple but I do like the seperate bristles and the volume it gives. I haven't tried too many mascaras before but this one is good and cheap for me. In my opinion it's a lot better than lash blast fusion but that's just me. I would recommend this one =)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't understand why this product is ranked so high! I also bought into the hype but surprised when I put it on. For starters the brush is monstrous. Why would anyone in their right mind come up with this size? I don't understand. I like the type of the bristles (rubber kind) but can't stand the bulkiness of it and how it's not tapered at all so you can't reach the sides of your lashes (especially if you have Asian eyes like me!) Also the actual length of the spikes on the bristles is so short, it's pretty much worthless as far as definition and separation.

Pros:
Doesn't run or smudge

Cons:
Clumps
Not super volumizing
Terrible brush
Uncomfortable handle
DOES NOT HOLD A CURL!!!

Pros:
Formula gets better as it "matures" with age
Doesn't run or smudge (pretty bullet-proof)
No odor

I'd give this mascara a B-...from my experience, L'oreal's Voluminous is waaay better but that's just me.

Like I said, I don't really understand the hype on this product. Not only did my friend suggest i try it, it's the buzz on MUA. Could it be Cover Girl's droids just trying to expand it's empire? Hmmmm.

For other DS brands check out my other reviews. I also did a post on all the drugstore brand mascaras that I recently tried and ranked them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Never tried this before and tried to ignore the hype, but after a bad problem with Maybelline Falsies, I decide to give it a try. It's scary. Take a rolling pin and coat it with tar and try to slap it on your lashes. That's really what I felt like with the giant wand that doesn't taper at all. If you are very careful and only do one coat, it's nice and lasts all day without flaking. If you try to put on a little more than one coat, look out. You'll end up with lash visors.