July 24, 2014 | 1319 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I have never written a review for this little gem. I am a mascara hoarder, always on the lookout for the next best thing. I have very average, blonde lashes. Medium thickness, medium length. And this mascara makes them look AMAZING. Even after I run through a tube of $20 mascaras, I always come back to this one. Worth every cent! WIll repurchase forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I found my HG mascara :) !!! I have this in brown/black. The applicator has rubber bristles that gradually increase in length, which work great to separate lashes. I've noticed it also makes my lashes look thick and full of volume, so I couldn't ask for anything more! The reason I didn't go for a black mascara (even though I have dark brown hair/lashes) is because I think it looks more natural and compliments my hazel eye colour. So, yeah this mascara is absolutely amazing and I recommend you get this. I got it for only around $8! Your lashes will be reaching up for joy, they'll be so voluptuous!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Pixiesweet

I have bought this mascara multiple times before, and loved it because it stayed on well, made my lashes look fuller, and did not budge till i wanted to take it off. But when i bought it this time and pulled the wand out large clumps were stuck to it. On the other ones i bought it haddent happened. And also every time i pull the wand out a big glob of mascara is hanging off the end, wich you have to wipe of or risk messing up your eyeshadow. I will still purchase this again and hope the one does not have clumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

To say that CoverGirl’s LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara changed my cosmetic life would be an understatement. Say “goodbye” to your eyelash curlers and brushes, and say “hello” to fun flirty eyelashes with LashBlast Mascara. This mascara brought out the lashes I never knew I had: thick, voluminous, full and clump free! Perhaps my favorite part of this whole product would have to be the applicator. With thin short plastic-like bristles, this brush applicator does an amazing job at defining and separating the lashes. The very black is very black and I really like that,they don't dry and look lighter or dull like other mascaras. They actually look black,silky,and glossy.. As for standing the test of time, this little number does great. Not only did I not have to reapply every few hours, but also I pleasantly noted that after long wear, I was still looking human with no raccoon eyes. Sweet! I have been using this off and on for years. I like to try other mascaras but I keep comming back to this one. This lifts and curls my lashes up like you wouldn't believe and gives me that minnie mouse batting her eyelashes effect. After I apply a somewhat ample amount I like to turn my head to the side while looking in the mirror for each eye and apply more of this mascara and this is how I can control how much they lift,curl,and look from the side. I am amazed at how my lashes look from the side. I have been a LashBlast lover for a long time and have tried all of the other LashBlast's that followed this one and this one is my favorite BY FAR. I have purchased this time and time again.

Price: I purchased a tube for around $7 USD at Target, but if you keep an eye out you might spot specially-priced twin packs or manufacturer coupons.

True to color: Not all the shades

Packaging: All of the LashBlast mascaras seem to have the wands with little silicone teeth, versus traditional bristle spoolies. They are packaged with a temporary cap on the tube, so that you can see exactly what the wands looks like. Also, keep an eye open for the major difference – waterproof versions have a black wand with teeth that match the color of the tube, but the regular versions have the color-matching wand with black teeth.

Ingredients: Listed on the back of the blisterpack, they are as follows: water, glyceryl stearate, ammonium acrylates copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene glycol, stearic acid, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, triethanolamine, acrylates copolymer, synthetic wax, polyvinyl alchohol, lethicin, propylene carbonate, polythylene, oleic acid, alchohol denat., benzyl alchohol, glycerin, xanthan gum, panthenol, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, methylparaben, ethylparaben, sodium laureth sulfate, trisodium edta, simethicone, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, iron oxides. May contain titanium dioxide, ultramarines.
My only complaint is it seems like a lot of mascara builds up on the very tip of the wand when I pull it out of the tube, so I need to either kind of wipe it off or be very careful while applying. But, I think the excess product sometimes ends up there and that prevents from to much product ending up on the bristles that would create clumpy lashes. So I have no problem removing that little bit of excess vs dealing with clumpy lash problems and lash combs ect. Yes the tube is big and fat but who cares since this lasts and holds and does not need reapplied so I after I do my makeup I have no need to take this with me anyway

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jillaferdd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this mascara ! It definitely gives great volume & defines your lashes. The wand is rather big but you get used to maneuvering it. It has okay staying power. Doesn't flake or smudge. Overall, a GREAT product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara at the moment, I use this in black-brown and that really makes my blue eyes pop, the black-brown color looks less harsh on me then black and gives me a softer more natural look. It took me a while to get used to the thick brush though but now I love it!! It gives volume, lenght and seperates my lashes perfectly it does not clump not even after 3 layers! If you're looking for a mascara that separates and gives volume to your lashes, this is it! For blondes/blue eyes I would recommend you to try the black-brown mascara because it looks gorgeous, I always used black mascara but this looks 10 times better!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cpacifica

Let me start by saying that this is my inaugural review on MUA. Over the last few months, I have found myself repeatedly turning to this cosmetic cosmic sisterhood and realized that I must give back! A big thanks to the MUA community for steering me right on more than one occasion. And the first steer was to this great product. I am an eye-rubber and find that by the end of the day, I look like I've gone several rounds in the boxing ring, so dark are my under eyes from smudging, etc. And I don't layer it on, either - just a few modest strokes on my upper lashes only in the morning. I was on a quest for a smudge-proof, waterproof, me-proof mascara and I've found it in this little orange tube. Although it does come out rather thick, it's easy to apply, makes my lashes look great, a 9/10 for smudge-proofness (even with my bad habits), I didn't look like Tammy Faye Baker even after watching It's a Wonderful Life (always gets me in the end, sniff, sniff), and easy peasy to remove at the end of the day. What more could a girl want? I may experiment with a few other brands that have been recommended on MUA, but all in all, I'm very pleased with this little wonder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I'm an asian with medium long lashes. This mascara gives me separated nice looking lashes. It doesn't give me that boost of volume that I wish, but If I want a more natural look I definitely grab this one. It doesn't get as chunky as the Voluminous one when you layer it which is a good +.
It's not flaky or crispy and lasts all day.
It can be a bit bulky, the packaging is quite big, but nothing that bothers me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Beautymadesimple2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Good product for yourbupper lashes but the wand is big so it isn't very easy to apply to the lower lashes but it's possible it flakes a little but not much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Really like this mascara, I love the plastic brush and the formula. It is very volumizing but not clumpy at all, even after a few coats the lashes are still separated. The color is also very black which doesn't matter that much to me but I know it does to some people. Would repurchase and I also want to try the other Lash blast mascaras.