November 24, 2014 | 2011 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after watching a tutorial on youtube for MAC Pro Longwear. In the video, the lady (wish I could remember her name to give her credit) recommended using a water-based moisturizer (she specifically suggested this exact one) in order to make the foundation really last and stay put. It made sense to me, so I went out and bought it. Unfortunately the MAC Pro Longwear didn't work for me but I've been using this moisturizer with other foundations - including long-wearing ones - and it works wonderfully! It feels so light and refreshing on the skin and really does prevent me from getting an oilyish t-zone throughout the day. It gives me longer and more shine-free wear with all of my foundations. I also highly recommend using it under a tinted moisturizer! The only downside is that it doesn't have any SPF in it, but the lotion version does and is 99.9% oil-free. I think I'll pick that one up as well. For reference I have normal/dry or sometimes normal/combination skin. ETA: I have stopped using this because I think it may have been breaking me out/causing irritation, mostly likely due to the high alcohol content (which I didn't realize it had until I read other reviews on it - I guess that's what I get for not reading ingredient labels). ETA Part II: I've determined that this *wasn't* the cause of my reactions. I stopped using the long-wearing foundations I had been using at the same times I would have the reactions, and it's been working perfectly fine. I actuall really love this. It somehow keep my skin perfectly balanced - no dry patches, flakes, or greasy areas. Really helps my foundation and makeup in general stay on longer because my face doesn't feel greasy before I get my m/u on. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by randalove

This used to be my HG moisturizer for 2 years until I checked it out on beautypedia.com and read how awful it is for your skin. Ladies, be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by redsharpie8

If I could've given this a 4.5 I would have, but only because I haven't used this for very long, but I rounded up because honestly after only 4 days of using this product the dry spots on my cheeks have drastically been smoothed down (and no break outs/sensitivity/redness on my sensitive,oily,acne-prone skin). I've been searching for the best moisturizer for a long long time now and have tried almost everything in the drug store (Olay, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear) and nothing has done a better job at hydrating my problem areas and improving my overall complexion than this product! Olay leaves my face feeling oily (maybe because of the sunscreen) and after it dries my dry patches were not gone. This product goes on smooth and has no oily, white pastey SPF, which is ok for me because my foundation has SPF in it, and this moisturizer WORKS. My face doesn't get oily or feel oily, in fact it feels refreshed and soft! even my trouble spots. Over time my skin has improved in softness which actually really surprised me! After using it once I was really skeptical because this has been a part of a long chain of returns and exchanges at the drug store, until I found this one! I wasn't expecting this to work on my patches. And honestly, it didnt work COMPLETELY the very first time, but i could tell it was better than anything else I've tried. And after a few days of using this morning and night the patches are completely gone, no more makeup building up in those spots! I love the gel consistency it really gets absorbed quickly into your skin and you can apply more to the areas that need it most without it bulking up and just smearing around. All in all, I think I can finally stop my parade of exchanges at Rite Aid, this one's a keeper for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Blessing for those of us with oily skin living in warmer climate. I had given up on finding a non-oily moisturizer - even those marked with 'for oily' skin make me oily. Not this one - it indeed is cooling and refreshing. I think I am going to want to bathe in it once the temp starts rising.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is what happens when I give in to temptation and end up with a zit.. applied this in the evening and by 11 pm, saw this this huge zit forming.. immediately washed this off my face eeek. Will never touch this stuff...did feel wonderful when applying , didn't make my skin greasy or oily feeling. Yet it did fail in the breaking out my skin department.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LLark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a week and I love it. It's very different. When I first used it, it didn't feel very moisturizing and I was disappointed. I used it at night right after cleansing, it went on nice and smooth and absorbed nicely but my skin didn't have that "creamy" feeling and I thought it wouldn't work. But then in the morning I noticed my skin was still nice and soft, so I kept using it. What I notice is that my skin just feels more "normal". It feels balanced. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone but dry patches and sometimes small flare ups of eczema. With this product, I've noticed that my skin never gets that real dry feeling and there's been no flakes or patches at all. I am very impressed. It takes a bit of getting used to because when I get dry skin I usually use an intense or oily moisturizer or balm. This feels much lighter than other creams (it's a true gel, not creamy) but it really keeps my skin hydrated all day. Which I've never found in any other cream, I always need to reapply eventually. I definitely recommend this gel cream, I paid about 8 dollars at Target for I think 2 ounces (or close to it).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by rodrigsu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only gave this 4 stars (not 5) because there really is no anti-aging in here. I do LOVE this product though. I love the way it feels on my fae. It is not greasy and sinks right in leaving it as smooth as a baby's bottom. I have very sensitive skin and alot of products break me out so I am always hesitant to try new products. But with the cost of this being so inexpensive, I thought I would give it a try. I have been using it in the morning and at night for about 2 weeks now and love it. I love putting it on. I think I read another post where is says it is a "drink of water for your face." And that is probrably the best way to sum it up. I will definatly buy this product again!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cindyglitters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and a day after using this product it left my skin soft and quite moisturized. It is not greasy and it is easy to apply. It also leaves your skin feeling refreshed and cool. I use this product in the morning under makeup and at night before I go to bed. It also comes in a cute little glass bottle and it's a pretty good product overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I only gave this moisturizer 3 lippies because it doesn't really moisturize my skin. In fact, it makes it a bit drier. Usually, my combination skin leans oily as the day goes on. However, I have noticed this year that is now leaning dry and experiencing flakes on my forehead and cheeks. I never had dry skin before maybe it's an age thing or being winter time. I usually skip moisturizer because I either breakout from them or they clog up my pores. Some even cause redness and a skin reaction. This moisturizer doesn't bother my skin at all which I do love. I also enjoy the cool sensation of the gel texture in this and that it sinks into the skin nicely without leaving any residue. I also like using this moisutrizer before applying makeup. However, it's just not that great for my needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to mix it with retina A, that way it is not as drying. I told my dermatologist and he thought that was a good idea. And it works perfect that way, to reduce the effect of the retina A's drying.
I put a drop on the back of my hand and a drop of the reitna A and mix and then apply, wherever you use it.
I don't mind is a gel and that it comes in a pot.
But I use so little of it that I don't know if it will go bad before I use it up.
I didn't give it a 5 "lips" because I am not really using it for its intended purpose so I cannot speak to that.
Price is average.