on 2/1/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i prefer BB creams to foundation now because my skin is starting to improve and i prefer lightweight coverage on my face for everyday. this BB cream gives light/med coverage without feeling cakey. it dries semi-matte i would say and leaves me skin looking a bit fresh and dewy like regular skin. it goes on with a grey cast and oxidises to match my skin (NC20ish). would highly recommend trying it.

on 1/31/2013 10:45:00 PM

My first BB cream, it was alright. Price and packaging are great but the color is kind of greyish, doesn't really match my skin tone. Also, it kind of disappears after 1 or 2 hours of wear - when I first apply on my skin in the morning, my skin looks great, with good coverage, after 1 or 2 hours the coverage disappears and my freckles came back!!! The texture is also thicker and stickier than the usual foundations, not very comfy in summer.

on 1/31/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for a while (maybe 6-12 months). It was my first BB cream but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

My skin: oily with dry patches.

Pros:
- Light to almost medium coverage. ALMOST like a tinted moisturizer which is good if you don't have a lot to cover up.
- If you use a sponge, it won't look caked on (I don't like the caked on look)

Cons:
- Makes my face look really grey especially if you use too much.
- Huge ingredients list. It covers the entire box so I'm sure there are a lot of chemicals that aren't that great for your body.
- Feels thick.

Conclusion:
I think there's better. I don't hate it but I don't love it. I'm on my second bottle but I'm going to continue looking for something else.

on 1/30/2013 1:21:00 PM

I've been using a variety of BB creams for a good couple years now and they've all been great, except this one.
I had high expectations for it because it seems to be commonly used and people usually give it good reviews.
It has a pretty good thick coverage and doesn't settle into fine lines which is nice. However it's definitely the most gray tinted BB i've ever used and i'm not into it at all. I've also used skin79's Diamond Prestige and I didn't have any qualms with that one's color.
Another review mentions this one clogging her pores, which I would agree with because I did break out while using it, and I am not breakout prone.
It also feels weird going on to my skin, like it's slightly irritating it.
I like the pump a lot, it gives you a lot of control.

on 1/29/2013 2:16:00 PM

One of my favourite BB creams. Nice coverage, high SPF. I don't see any difference between this and the gold label but my mom and sister do. My mum believes that the gold label is more "anti-ageing", so it's rather for her skin, my sister thinks the same, that's why she prefers the pink one. To be honest I don't see any difference, I like both of them.

on 1/29/2013 11:32:00 AM

this is my new winter go-to product when i don't feel like busting out the beauty blender and foundation. i like the coverage which is pretty heavy and it has skincare in it so all i use under it is my bb hydrating skin tonic as a light moisturizer on my oily skin. i want it as close to my skin as possible so it can "erase wrinkles" and "whiten" - which doesn't actually mean whiten btw it means fades spots and brighten. it's very light in hue so if you're over like an nc/nw 25 i'd pass on this one. it does oxidize but not THAT much. it feels light on skin, yet is a thick cream. doesn't make me oily at all yet my skin feels hydrated. the pump and can is adorable!!! too bad they didn't make this in a darker shade so i could use year round. i use a touch of undereye concealer over this and some bronzer and blush and it looks great!

Eta: after some more usage. This would be absolutely perfect for me if it was a hair darker. I apply it, let set and put some laura mercier tinted moisturizer in sand/natural radiance mixed on top, since the sand is a hair dark. When layered as such I get a perfect, dewy satin yet not shiny, complexion that lasts all day, and get to use up my 2 fave products that the colors are a little off! I lightly powder t-zone. (But not nose; nose cakes if powder touches it!) I'm nw/nc20 btw. It looks so natural and not cakey. Yes it is a thick opaque grey mask lol... Just apply a little lighter. It does change from its greyness somewhat but not enough to wear alone. I have a lot of ruddiness and super combo skin; oily forehead, around the nose, middle of chin; super dry patches around my chin, dry/comfortable cheeks. This works all around! I prep well first - my serum then spot moisturize dry patches. I let this be my moisturizer where my skin kinda makes its own moisture. All in all, I'd skip this if darker than nw/nc20. Oh it also looks good w a very light dusting of mineral powder to warm it up. I wish I could enjoy the lovely finish on its own, but I like it so much and make it work for me as I look flawless yet natural with it on!

Btw - Another thing bad about it is that you can't tell when you're running low, but I just placed an order w a reputable seller on eBay w a return policy just in case I compare to my old and it's fake. Just watch some YouTube vids on how to spot a fake.

It does make skin nice once you manage to get it off (it's hard).

on 1/15/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm on the edge when it comes to this product. Before I started wearing this, I had flawless skin (all thanks to proactive) but I noticed the more I wore this, the more breakouts I had. I assumed it was because of stress, so I continued to wear it. Long story short. This product is great if you have minor skin issues.

IT WILL CLOG YOUR PORES.

Even though I wash my face morning and night, my skin got destroyed.
It's very cheap to buy ($14), It's nice to wear this every once and awhile for going out with barely any makeup. Keep in mind, this product is suppose to prevent any breakouts and heal current acne/blemishes.

For me, it did the opposite.

I always wore this when I was working in the office. Even though I was sitting down most of the day, my face would be super super oily, It looked like I came back from the gym. I had to blot my face every 3-4 hours.

For color reference I use Lancome's Teint Miracle in Biqsue (W) 4.
During summer the BB cream is too light but during summer it's matches me quite well. If you plan on taking pictures with this BB cream on, DON"T. You're face in pictures will be as white as a ghost and very very obvious that you're wearing makeup.

In the long run. Try it if you have money ($14) to spare. (purchased from eBay, seller's name is Rubyruby..Don't remember) Also, when purchasing this product, if you aren't going to buy it from the original skin79 website, make sure you are getting one that hasn't expired OR a FAKE imitation BB cream. I don't recall the ways you can tell if it is fake or expired, but there is a video on you tube explaining how to tell the difference. I really hope this review helps some of you ladies out there!

on 1/14/2013 12:23:00 AM

typical asian BB cream, nothing too dramatic but nothing bad. So if I didn't find a good one I will probably repurchace

on 1/13/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great BB cream. I've tried all of the Skin79 formulas, and I like this one the best by far. For my routine I usually start with a moisture lotion with sunscreen then top it off with this BB cream. The coverage that is provides is light and it blends into the skin nicely, even though it looks gray coming out. This has worked well for me though. It's always fresh. I top it off with just enough mineral powder to balance any shine and have been pretty satisfied with the results.

on 1/13/2013 7:44:00 PM

I am amazed by how great this product oxidizes to my skin tone. The coverage is great for what I need, the texture us creamy and not to heavy, and it goes on really smoothly. I really am impressed with this compared to other BB creams out there.

Video Reviews & Tutorials