July 30, 2014 | 1028 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

I know I'm probably the last person in the world to buy this! And I'm pleased to say it did not disappoint me! Such amazing colours, I always stuck to browns/golds so it's perfect for me. Absolutely love it and iv just ordered naked 2!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best palette I've ever had.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by baloney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this palette only for a couple of week and I'm already impressed. I like how wearable the colours are and how beautiful they look on the eye. In the package the colours don't look spectacular, but they definitely come to life on skin. At first I thought they would not be strong enough but they actually are quite pigmented and can be layered quite a lot. They also blend really well. I also like that the matte colours can be used for eyebrows...some of the lighter ones are great for day if you're fair and some of the darker ones are great for a more dramatic look.

I really like having all the colours in one palette, it's good for travel. I also MUCH prefer having less of any one colour with more variety of colours, rather than buying individual shadows, because I hardly ever get to finish one individual shadow...it's just too much product (unless it's some super vresatile base colour that you wear every single day). I also find that a bunch of individual shadows take up more space, because they usually come in thick packaging. I hate unecessary packaging.

The brush it comes with is good for piling on the colours...and then a different one can be used for blending. I also really like that it comes with a sample of eye primer, which I've always wanted to try before buying the full-sized one. The primer is good...I have oily lids and it keeps them crease free the whole day (and night).

I chose this over the Naked 2 palette because it comes with the eye primer, whereas the Naked 2 comes with a gloss (and I already have enough of those). I also thought the colours seemed slighly more browney/bronzy, which I find prettier.

The only thing I don't like about it is the last (rightmost) colour in the pallette. It doesn't flatter my skin tone and I'm not sure how it's supposed to work with the other colours.

I think the price is good for the quality, the number of colours, and the verstility you get. I only wish they did a similar pallette with purple/violet/magenta colours.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i for one do no the get what the hype is all about.
the colors are all very dupable. and all the fallouts and glitters.
kind of regret purchasing it as i hardly use it. way too shimmery, although i find sin to be quite a pretty color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Sargis2129

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review will be for both Naked 1 and 2. I purchased the original Naked palette when it came out, loved it so much I grabbed Naked 2 as soon as it came out. OK so first off I wear makeup everyday and use both palettes on a regular basis. I still have not hit pan on any single eyeshadow. These are so pigmented there is no need to apply with a heavy hand. My husband balked at the price of $50 (but hey he thinks all makeup should be around $10). With as long as these shadows have last me @ $50 they are well worth their price. So many color and look options. I can't imagine someone getting too bored with either of these. My only disappointment is with the color sidecar. It's a very pretty color but the glitter fallout is annoying! I'm 32 and I hate having glitter fall onto my cheeks from applying this shadow. I find it hard to sweep off my face as well. The glitter is coarse and sticks to everything. But I've found that in general I need to stay away from UD's glittery shadows as they all tend to do the same thing. Which is a shame because I also own a few of the Book of Shadows and they have at least 5 or so of those included in the palettes. Any was both Naked and Naked 2 have a great mix of matte and shimmer colors. The packaging is nice and non bulky making it easy for travel. If you have not already ran out and purchased one or both of these, what are you waiting for? :) Go get them you'll be glad you did!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I can't believe I never reviewed this! I bought this about 2 years ago when it was all the rage and it always seemed to be sold out. Instead of reading up on the colors I decided just to buy it off of hype alone like the genius that I am.

Well, I've got to say this is a good palette. The colors are all very smooth/buttery, a couple of them have fallout issues (im looking at you sidecar, seriously it makes me look like I cried glitter). It's also a very good palette for beginners, especially since the colors are rather easy to blend out into one another. Now the truth is that this palette all comes down to personal preference, and for me personally it's rather boring. There's sooooooo much shimmer in all of the shades, and the shades all seem to just look the same once it's blended out. It is also a veryyyy warm toned palette.

The packaging also gets real dirty real fast, id say swatch this sucker before you buy! The amount of glitter may not be to your taste, nor the color scheme!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i love the colors and the staying power, i like to use it as eyeliner more than shadow. its just expensive so i use physicians formula as the affordable version as it is the same to me.

i like the colors in naked 2 better than this, and the double sided brush that comes included.
i do like that they provided the primer sample in this than the lip gloss with naked 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Ninotackii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glides on smooth, good pigmentation, can create variety of looks.Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

After a year of owing this palette I can safely say that I am not in love with it and I think it is overrated. This was bought for me as a gift last year and I had had my eye on it for so long- the shades were gorgeous and the right tone for my skin, the packaging was so beautiful, you also got a brush and a primer along with it- it seemed like the perfect palette! And while it is a decent palette, I do not think it lives up to the hype. I opted to get this palette over Naked 2 since I thought the shades were more appealing and suited my eye colour better which they definitely do. But I have so many gripes with this palette....My first one being the versatility of the shadows. All of the shadows are essentially just darker or lighter versions of the exact same hue which ends up making it so almost every eye look you put together using this palette looks identical. I think this palette really kills it with the amount of brown and would have been a bit better off had their been a reddy/mahogany or matte pink shade along with it which brings me to my next point. The only two matte shades in this palette are 'Naked' and 'Buck' which are gorgeous shades but I think the palette should have included a few more matte shades especially since the other shades are incredibly shimmery and if I make an eye look from the palette that doesn't include either Naked or Buck, my eyes look very overkill. I don't mind shimmery shades but this is a palette after all and I expect variety. Another issue is that the only two shades that you could use for a brow bone highlight are incredibly frosty pink colours which don't really go with the rest of the tones and look out of place. And lastly, the amount of fall out. Any time I apply these shadows there is an INSANE amount of fallout and since the shadows are very sparkly, I am left with mass amounts of glitter under my eyes for the rest of the day. Whenever I use this palette, I do my eyes before foundation to avoid messing it up but even then you can't possibly get rid of all the fallout no matter how much you wipe it with a swab. While I do think this palette is very visually appealing, at the end of the day, there isn't really much you can do with it and the little you can leaves quite mess. I will definitely use up this palette which I imagine will last bme for several years but I would not buy one again and will probably steer clear of Urban Decay eyeshadows in the future. Even though the colour payoff is excellent, the shades Urban Decay makes are so unique and the price is right...they're just not what I expect from high end makeup. Will not repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ccharbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a must have product from Urban Decay! I bought my Naked Palette close to two years ago and use either this or the Naked 2 Palette every day. I have only hit pan on one colour (Sin) and this palette allows you to do so many different looks.

Yes the palette is a little on the expensive side ($60) but the quality is well worth the cost. The palette could be double the cost and I still would recommend buying it. I love that when I travel I only have to carry this with me and can have a variety of options.

Favorite Shadows:
-virgin (for highlighting)
-sin (beautiful colour)
-half baked

The only shadow I wasn't particularly a fan of was Sidecar. I tried this shadow once or twice but it was far too shimmery and had a lot of fall out. Best eye shadow I've ever owned!