October 2, 2014 | 1028 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by giginicole

I like this palette a lot. The price is a tad steep for how much of each eye shadow you get, but I use it often and haven't hit pan on any colors. I wish there was a matte more yellow-based highlight shade. These colors are beautiful on people with red (warm) or neutral-undertoned skin colors. I have a yellowy (cool) skin tone, so I need bronzer, foundation, liner and mascara to be able to rock these colors. They are definitely warm tones, aside from a few more purply shades like Toasted and Hustle. Also there is a shimmery charcoal color called Gunmetal. I really want to purchase the Naked 2 because I think those colors are more suitable for skin tones like my own! I hope this helped! If you're interested in seeing one of the looks I created using this palette, click to watch my Kim Kardashian inspired smoky eye tutorial.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I really wanted to like this palette. its almost a dream in a palette - nudes, burgundies, golds, blues.. but didn't work for me.
I have asian eyes.. so I need something that is softer in shimmer, colors that are gentler.. these made me look super awkward..
I loved that there was minimal flaking and creasing though..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by IrishWater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this palette about two years ago and have only really started using it in the past year as I never really wore eye make-up, I love the range of colours and the quality of the shadows. They are so pigmented and a little goes a long way.

I use all colour except for the charcoal grey and black (I tend to only wear browns/golds/neutrals). I love how the colours blend easily and seamlessly.

It was kinda expensive at €40, but considering the amount of shadows you get, the quality they of them and how long they last, its not too expensive and definitely worth getting.

I'm not sure if I'd repurchase it, as I have so many similar colours, but I would definitely repurchase some of the colour individually that I don't have anything similar too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by StephanieG7

Love love this palette!! It took me awhile to purchase jus because I didn't wanna pay $50 plain and simple, but I finally broke down and bought it so happy I did I reach for this palette everyday!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say? I love this palette. I bought this fresh out of college when I only had one bag of every day makeup, and I would just borrow shadow from my friends. $50 for a palette seemed like a lot, but it comes with 12 shades! Granted, I think ive only used creep/gunmetal only once, but it is still an amazing value. I think urban decay's eye shadows are superior to every other brand I've tried. All of the colors are pigmented, creamy, and blendable. Most of these colors have a warm undertone.

HOWEVER:
- there are only 2 matte shades, so if you don't like shimmer, avoid this palette.
- the only highlight color (for me anyway) is virgin and it is a very clearly pinky white. Therefore if you're going for a brown/gold look, then you'll need an additional highlighting color to go with it.

Those are my only complaints. If you don't have a lot of eye shadows and/or are new to makeup, check out this or the naked 2. ALSO I HIGHLY SUGGEST buying a blending brush. This may seem like common sense to some but for beginners, you will have a hard time getting a nice look with these highly pigmented shadows without a blending brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Princesseren

As much as I love this palette I feel that the colour selection is not the best. The colours are too similar, so there is not a lot of variety. I have owned this palette for a year now, so if used once or twice a week it will last fpr a long time. IN terms of quality, urban decay's eye shadows are great. I strongly recommend paring them up with urban decay's famous eye lid primer. I recently visited sephora and saw that urban decay came up with a travel size naked palette. The colours are similar but if you are not ready to commit to a full palette this is an excellent choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is my absolute favorite eyeshadow in my collection ever. i definitely would buy this over the naked 2 palette which i have. i love the colors buck, sidecar, sin, half baked , smog, toasted and hustle and virgin, the colors i use the most often, buck is like the perfect transition color for my neutral undertone medium skin tone, mac soft brown is NOTHING like what people make it out to be so amazing for everyone's transition color. i swear by this palette and i'm taking it with me for a trip overseas and it has all the colors i can use to take me from day to night, these colors last ALL DAY LONG , the eyeshadow brush that comes with the palette is amazing and applies the eyeshadows amazingly. overall, i'm in love with this palette and if i could use only one eyeshadow palette for the rest of my life, it would me this. hands down, the best. naked 2 palette sucks :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I still remember the mass hysteria when this palette came out, it sold out so quickly that it sparked a frenzy to find one! I remember constantly checking every online retailer known to man to find one until I found one on eBay, and excitedly snapped it up. Fast forward almost 3 years later, and I still think this palette is amazing, even if I don't use it too often. Simply put, you get 12 high-quality, brilliantly pigmented, buttery soft eyeshadows. Aside from Sidecar (which I always apply with a tissue covering my lower lashline) all of the eyeshadows apply smoothly, blend well on their own and together and there's a nice mixture of mattes and shimmers. I think most of the shadows would most definitely reside in MAC's 'Veluxe Pearl' category. My favourites are 'Sin', 'Smog', 'Toasted' and 'Buck'. Most of the shades to me are quite warm-toned, in comparison to Naked 2, which has a variety of cooler shades.

If you're a complete neutral-virgin or just want a neutral starter palette, I recommend either one of the Naked palettes wholeheartedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

This and NAKED 2 are my favorite all time HG eyesadows!!! The colors, blendablility, and staying power are superb! I use the primer potion as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay! It is well worth the 50.00 price tag and will continue to purchase (already hit pan on several colors lol) The brush in NAKED 2 is much better than the NAKED, but I don't even care about that. It's the product itself that has me sold forever <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazing quality, beautiful colors, worth the crazy $$$$