August 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by BeyondBeauty98

I live in Australia, so it's very hard to find the naked palette for cheap as sold in America. My mother had to go to America as an emergency medical trip last year. As she walked past a sephora, she had remembered that I always wanted the Naked palette and so she bought it for me.

It's my pride and joy, i've been wearing it nearly every day for the last year and a half. There is a wonderful selection of light colours and darker colours to support nearly every neutral makeup look. You can get a natural or dramatic look out of this palette quite easily.

The colours range well, the pigmentation of the eyeshadows itself are wonderful. I have very oily eyelids, but not once have I had these eyeshadows crease on me; with or without a primer.

The packaging can be improved (already has been with the Naked2 palatte) because the exterior velvet can get very dusty and dirty very quickly and the gold writing does scratch off.

All in all, it's a great product; highly recommended to everyone that likes neutral colours as eyeshadows. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Shaketheglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great for everyday wear. Good pigmentation and very blendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaweaver08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute go to eyeshadows! Lovely natural looking hues an really complimentary. There is something for everyone in this palette. It's pricey yes but totally worth it and lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this palette for close to 2 years now. My bf got this for me for my birthday and I have used this palette every single day since.

I've hit pan on half backed and smog which is to say they are my favourite 2 shades in the palette. I have already bought the full size individual pots for these 2!

I use half baked as a lid colour, then smog on the outer thirds. Then darkhorse on the outer V if I want to deepen the look. These 3 shades compliment each other so well.

I've recently started using the 2 matte shades, naked and buck for work day looks and I love how natural and clean my eye make up looks! I love to dip my brush into half baked mixed with naked so there is a bit of shimmer for all over the lid, and the same with smog when using buck on the outer thirds.

I love all the shades, but the ones I've mentioned are the ones I use on a regular basis. When I run out of these shades I think I will buy the individual pots and make my own palette using their empty palette cases.

I own the UD Nake Palette 2 as well, but as the shades are more cooler, I don't find them working well for my skin tone. Or I haven't experimented enough with it. If I had known, I would not purchase the 2 palette and stick with the original only.

I just placed my order for the Lorac Pro Palette so interested to see how it compares to the UD Naked Palettes.

Also, a great dupe for smog would be MACs tempting. I use tempting as I don't want to hit pan on smog even though I've bought a back up already!

The only shade I do not like in the palette is Sidecar. There is just too much glitter in it. Wish they replaced it with a more versatile shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Holy grail :) the love of my life

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

I know I'm probably the last person in the world to buy this! And I'm pleased to say it did not disappoint me! Such amazing colours, I always stuck to browns/golds so it's perfect for me. Absolutely love it and iv just ordered naked 2!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best palette I've ever had.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by baloney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this palette only for a couple of week and I'm already impressed. I like how wearable the colours are and how beautiful they look on the eye. In the package the colours don't look spectacular, but they definitely come to life on skin. At first I thought they would not be strong enough but they actually are quite pigmented and can be layered quite a lot. They also blend really well. I also like that the matte colours can be used for eyebrows...some of the lighter ones are great for day if you're fair and some of the darker ones are great for a more dramatic look.

I really like having all the colours in one palette, it's good for travel. I also MUCH prefer having less of any one colour with more variety of colours, rather than buying individual shadows, because I hardly ever get to finish one individual shadow...it's just too much product (unless it's some super vresatile base colour that you wear every single day). I also find that a bunch of individual shadows take up more space, because they usually come in thick packaging. I hate unecessary packaging.

The brush it comes with is good for piling on the colours...and then a different one can be used for blending. I also really like that it comes with a sample of eye primer, which I've always wanted to try before buying the full-sized one. The primer is good...I have oily lids and it keeps them crease free the whole day (and night).

I chose this over the Naked 2 palette because it comes with the eye primer, whereas the Naked 2 comes with a gloss (and I already have enough of those). I also thought the colours seemed slighly more browney/bronzy, which I find prettier.

The only thing I don't like about it is the last (rightmost) colour in the pallette. It doesn't flatter my skin tone and I'm not sure how it's supposed to work with the other colours.

I think the price is good for the quality, the number of colours, and the verstility you get. I only wish they did a similar pallette with purple/violet/magenta colours.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i for one do no the get what the hype is all about.
the colors are all very dupable. and all the fallouts and glitters.
kind of regret purchasing it as i hardly use it. way too shimmery, although i find sin to be quite a pretty color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Sargis2129

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review will be for both Naked 1 and 2. I purchased the original Naked palette when it came out, loved it so much I grabbed Naked 2 as soon as it came out. OK so first off I wear makeup everyday and use both palettes on a regular basis. I still have not hit pan on any single eyeshadow. These are so pigmented there is no need to apply with a heavy hand. My husband balked at the price of $50 (but hey he thinks all makeup should be around $10). With as long as these shadows have last me @ $50 they are well worth their price. So many color and look options. I can't imagine someone getting too bored with either of these. My only disappointment is with the color sidecar. It's a very pretty color but the glitter fallout is annoying! I'm 32 and I hate having glitter fall onto my cheeks from applying this shadow. I find it hard to sweep off my face as well. The glitter is coarse and sticks to everything. But I've found that in general I need to stay away from UD's glittery shadows as they all tend to do the same thing. Which is a shame because I also own a few of the Book of Shadows and they have at least 5 or so of those included in the palettes. Any was both Naked and Naked 2 have a great mix of matte and shimmer colors. The packaging is nice and non bulky making it easy for travel. If you have not already ran out and purchased one or both of these, what are you waiting for? :) Go get them you'll be glad you did!