Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use these pads to remove my e/s when i don't like how the look comes out because it doesn't leave my eyes oily. But i wouldn't use it to remove mascara because it does a poor job at it. I would rip out eyelashes when i used this. Right now I'm using Lancome Bi-Facial makeup remover to remove my mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These, my friends, are HORRIBLE at removing eye make-up! At least the eye make-up I wear...

I don't know what kind of make-up this DOES remove- maybe Almay brand only- but it did not remove any of these brands that I use on my eyes:

MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bare Escentuals, & Neutrogena Mineral Sheers eyeshadows, L'Oreal Telescopic mascara, MAC mascara & Maybelline Stiletto mascara, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencils and L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Liner in black.

If you use any of the above products, don't expect this Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads to take any of it off when you wash your face. You will keep soaking and rubbing this wet little pad on your eyelids until they become stinging and irritated (from the rubbing, not necessarily from the product's ingredients)... then after all that, the make-up will STILL be on your eyes... only smeared together! What a waste of money and time!

I guess Almay tested this stuff only on their own, poorly- pigmented eye products, becuz I can assure you it works on nothing else. Kind of useless, IMO. I would say don't waste your money on this-- unless you use Almay eyeshadow, liner and mascara, becuz that may be the only stuff this remover removes.
continued >>

I'm a loyal user of Lancome Bi-Facil and Neutrogena eye m/u remover. But i wanted to try something new so i got this Almay one. I was SHOCKED to see how poorly it worked. Actually it doesn't even work! I even wondered if i bought the right product, but no, i bought the right one. It's "Almay Hypo-Allergenic Eye Makeup Remover Pads, Non Oily" in a purple jar. I needed one pad per eye and pads are quite dry. I wore a regular mascara on the first day i used the pads but i had to rub soo hard to get rid of my mascara. The next day, i wore my waterproof mascara, and ohhh boy, i needed 2 remover pads on each eye! I was very shocked cus i usually agree with MUA reviews. It's very disappointing. Neutrogena one removes regular mascara with ONE swipe.

i absoutly aodre this product. Ive always HATED the oily pads that hurt your eyes and make you look super greasy, so I was so happy when i found these. they get eye makeup really well, maybe even better than the oil ones do. My only problem is that i wish they weren't so small so i can get more coverage with them when im cleaning off my makeup!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was searching for something better and easier to carry and use than my beloved Neutrogena makeup remover and these were rather disappointing. I wear a lot of eye makeup to work and sometimes head to the gym right after and figured these would do the trick. First of all, these pads were tiny! Not sure if this is the actual size or I got an April's fool jar but hot damn...how tiny could they get? Then because these were so thin and small, I would always grab more than one at a time, which seemed pretty wasteful. On top of that, one tiny pad wasn't nearly enough to remove any of my eyeshadow. It took me at least 3 pads and several swipes to get everything off. Usually with Neutrogena I get it all off in one swipe. The only thing I give this product is that it didn't irritate my eyes one bit.
Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is HORRIBLE!

The pads are DRENCHED in oil. It's disgusting. I'm so upset! My skin is super sensitive, and If this had been a face wipe, I'd be in tears of fear over what the hell this could've doon to my complexion.

I'd really like to know what the testers of this product were on when they were trying it out!

I LOVE this product. It gets waterproof mascara off great. I recommend it highly!

HG! I've gone through countless tubs of these. They take off eye makeup easily without irritation or grease. Everything you want in a makeup remover.

This is one of my favorite eye makeup removers. The non oily pads remove waterproof mascara and heavy makeup in one swipe.
I have sensitive eyes and I find this remover to be the least irritating! The only downside to this product is the small packaging... i would love to buy it in double the size so i dont run out of it as quick!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like these. I have been using these pads to remove my eye makeup for years. They aren't always the best for removing a big job like waterproof makeup or some mascaras, but I usually try to remove as much as I can with my facial cleanser and remove what is left with these at night and in the morning after my shower. Like other reviewers mentioned, these are also good to give your makeup brushes a quick clean.

I recently wandered and tried Caudalie's Cleansing Water and I liked it better but for the price of these cleansing pads I always go back to them. Plus, I live out in the sticks now and I no longer live near high-end stores (poor me) so it's easier to access these than having to buy something online.

PROS: Work pretty good, non-oily, virtually no scent
CONS: Sometimes the pads dry out, hard to remove big jobs