Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 9/24/2008 11:23:00 PM

HG! I've gone through countless tubs of these. They take off eye makeup easily without irritation or grease. Everything you want in a makeup remover.

This is one of my favorite eye makeup removers. The non oily pads remove waterproof mascara and heavy makeup in one swipe.
I have sensitive eyes and I find this remover to be the least irritating! The only downside to this product is the small packaging... i would love to buy it in double the size so i dont run out of it as quick!

on 8/21/2008 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like these. I have been using these pads to remove my eye makeup for years. They aren't always the best for removing a big job like waterproof makeup or some mascaras, but I usually try to remove as much as I can with my facial cleanser and remove what is left with these at night and in the morning after my shower. Like other reviewers mentioned, these are also good to give your makeup brushes a quick clean.

I recently wandered and tried Caudalie's Cleansing Water and I liked it better but for the price of these cleansing pads I always go back to them. Plus, I live out in the sticks now and I no longer live near high-end stores (poor me) so it's easier to access these than having to buy something online.

PROS: Work pretty good, non-oily, virtually no scent
CONS: Sometimes the pads dry out, hard to remove big jobs

on 7/27/2008 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my Makeup Remover for at least 15 years. I have tried other things but always go back to my Almay Oil Free Pads. They just work really well and the make up is removed so easily! I hope they never stop making these!

on 7/21/2008 3:56:00 PM

I wear waterproof mascara, so this eye makeup remover didn't work very well for me. After I wash my face at night, I use the remover. It sometimes stung my eyes. I would have to use it again in the morning because I would still have black residue under my eyes. I guess this stuff would be better if you didn't wear waterproof, but you can remove non-waterproof with water! It just didn't do it for me.

on 7/11/2008 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

These are a long-time staple in my bathroom and luggage. They're not perfect -- they don't always get every little bit off -- but they're wonderful for traveling, for cleaning up the last remnants under my lower lashes, for a quick brush cleaning. I might run out of Lancome, but this is one product I re-buy before I run out. Truly oil-free, which my eyes appreciate.

on 7/8/2008 9:58:00 PM

I rarely buy products twice. I always think there's something better out there for me. Not so with this eye makeup remover. I've used it as long as I can remember.

Yes, they're not the greatest for removing waterproof mascara but I don't wear waterproof so they work great for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the only eye makeup remover I've used that doesn't burn my eyes or get into them and cloud up my contact lenses. That's a big problem I have with the liquid removers, especially Clinique. The Almay pads get everything off pretty well. Might have to use 2 pads if I'm wearing a lot of dark eyeliner, but otherwise 1 works just fine. They do feel like they leave a bit of a film on the skin, but I never remove my makeup in the middle of the day, so I just rinse it off when I wash my face. Also, the packaging is nice for travel and storage.

on 7/6/2008 1:02:00 AM

I used the product two different times. Almay oil-free eye makeup remover pads made my eyes extremely blood-shot. It did remove the makeup, but my eyes are burning and red. I DO NOT recommend that anyone buy this product. I purchased when I was out of Dior makeup remover wanting to save money, but I am rushing out to buy a bottle of Dior Duo Phase again, because it never irritated my eyes. It claims on the container that it is ophthalmologist tested, hypoallergenic and good for contact lens wearers, but I find that hard to believe due to my eye reactions after using twice.

Also it comes with 80 pads, but they are very thin and small. Hard to apply due to small size.

on 6/23/2008 8:49:00 PM

The best thing about this product is that it's convenient, easy to use and cheap. Besides that, I HATED it. Even though it is non-oily, it left a residue on my face and I had to wash it off. Also, my eyes were irritated every time I used it.