Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

Pros:
• Pigmented

• Matte

• Price

• No fallout

• Great Blending out shade

Cons:
• Cheap packaging

on 10/10/2011 10:25:00 PM

Holy Grail brow highlight!!! Used to be BE's Soul, but this stuff is even better. The name pretty much sums up the shade. Off-white creamy matte color with no pink. I can use it with almost every eye look I do. It lasts the whole day with my Urban Decay primer and you can't beat the price. BE's Soul was too intense and I realized that when I first tried this shadow. Brulee lays down the perfect amount of color without overwhelming the look. Any drugstore shadows I've used in the past have been dry with NO pigmentation, but that is not the case with the Color Icon shadows. I've been so impressed with almost all my Wet 'n' Wild shadows. BE's shadows were THE ONLY shadows I used to use, but I'm so happy I caved in and tried the Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon shadows.

on 10/6/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is HG for me! I use it nearly everyday as a browbone highlight. Color payoff is wonderful and the texture is so smooth. Packaging is cheap and sometimes hard to open. I guess that helps keep price down, though, do I don't mind. I have a backup of this.

on 9/24/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice shade to use all over my lid if I want a really polished look with liner, though I find it to be similar to some of the matte light shades in the WnW 6 pan palettes (Vanity, Greed), so I probably could have skipped on this single since I have 2 others like it. If you don't own and are uninterested in any of the 6 pan palettes, then I'd definitely recommend this single one. You can't beat the price, and the quality is very good. :)

Oh, I agree the packaging was very annoying to open the first time, but I found it considerably easier to open each time I use it, and have no problems at all now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a Mac NW20 and this is the perfect base shade... its a nice matte Ivory shade that shows up so well on my skin (Mac Brule never worked for me, it just refused to show up).... no creasing or fading, it blends like a dream and there is tons of pigment, this is a great shade for fair, medium and dark skin tones.... such a high quality eye shadow that is so affordable... I do agree with so many other’s here about the little compact that the shadow comes in, be VERY careful when you open it because if your not your going to have a broken mess on your hands. First time I tried to open it I found it so hard so as I used some force and guess what???... my thumb ended up right on the shadow and while it didn't destroy it it did nick it... what you should do is look really closely at the little compact and just put your thumb right under the little notch and push up but be gentle, it will open if you get your thumb just in the right place. GORGEOUS SHADOW!

~ EXTRA ~ Try using Brulee to set your concealer, if it works for you the same way it does for me you will be amazed.... I don't know what made me try this but I'm thrilled I did.... not only does it set the concealer and keep it in place all day but it takes away whatever darkness your concealer couldn't. All I do is lightly dab over the concealer with Brulee using a sponge tip applicator... Try it!

on 9/20/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fabulous base color on my NC20 skin, I use it after an eyeshadow primer (UD) and it creates an even, not shimmery, healthy looking base. It actually lasts all day and I love how cute and compact it is, and the price - awesome!!!!!

on 9/20/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm completely happy with this product. I use it to create my even canvas for my colored eyeshadows. It goes on smooth and helps my eye makeup look flawless. It works well with other shadows and sticks well to my primer. AND THE PRICE IS SO INEXPENSIVE!!!! I was looking for a good matte eyeshadow because I was tired of using my other "base" eyeshadow because it had a shimmer to it and I don't always want shimmery eyes. This is my HG base eyeshadow.

on 9/19/2011 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I first bought this shadow after reading the reviews on MUA. I use it over a primer (Too Faced or UDPP) and it lasts all day as a wash of color to even out the ruddiness in my eyes. Other shadows layer above it well but the color of the shadow matches my skintone perfectly so I often wear it alone for a polished look. I bought MAC Soft Ochre PP and BB's Shore cream shadow to get the same effect as this $2 shadow. I agree that the packaging sucks but I don't expect much from such an inexpensive product. I have repurchased many times already and I've only been using it since the spring.

on 9/19/2011 2:41:00 PM

I saw I review on here saying the color payoff of this shadow was not good. This shadow is more so meant for an all over the lid base color and for that it works perfectly. The price is amazing, only a few dollars but I deducted some points for the packaging, mine kinda fell part in my makeup bag so when I open it sometimes shadow goes flying everywhere! None the less it's a great dupe for Mac's brule for a great price!

on 9/18/2011 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Love Love this color! Definitely a dup for MAC's Brule.
Pigmentation is unbelievable for the price.
Great as a brow bone color and for wash of color over the whole lid.

I recommend this one to all my friends!