December 18, 2014 | 1551 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Brulee

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This particular shade from Wet N Wild's Color Icon singles collection is a great, inexpensive matte eyeshadow! It's a neutral, flesh-toned (fair) color that is smooth and well-pigmented. It has become, for myself, a multi-purpose product. I use this as a base color for the lid, a matte highlight for the brow bone, to blend/correct shadow application mistakes, and even on the rest of my face (under-eye area and blemishes).

However, with all the positive attributes of the product, I will acknowledge that it's not exactly perfect.
Firstly, the packaging: the snap closure locks tightly & makes it hard to open some of these singles. I own the other two singles, 'Nutty' & 'Penny'; of all three, 'Penny' is the easiest to open. Unfortunately, this means that it also closes forcefully.
Which brings me to my second point. Like most of WnW's shadows, the soft, buttery consistency of the shadow comes at a price, as they tend to crumble rather easily. Couple the shadow with the faulty packaging and you've got a problem.
I used it for about two weeks until I noticed the shadow starting to crumble on the edges. I easily remedied it by crumbling the deteriorating shadow even further, taking Isopropyl alcohol AKA rubbing alcohol/spirit (I used 70%), put a few drops & mixed (just enough to create a creamy mixture). I then took a square of two-ply toilet paper (that I folded to fit the shadow pan), and started pressing for about 5 minutes. I let it dry for a day or two, and it was as good as new: the same color, pigmentation, and wear. The only difference was that I had little less fall out with application.

So, if you're willing to go through that, this product isn't so bad. Otherwise, you could use it as loose shadow, or look elsewhere -- your choice :D

I'd personally re-purchase and rate it as 3.5 out of 5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a fabulous highlight shade for my skintone (NC30). It is fairly matte so it works better for me rather than a shimmery or frosty one. Brulee is very pigmented and not chalky. I have also liked using this to blend my shadow. Packaging is a bit hard to open, but I plan to depot mine for easy day-to-day use. Love this and recommend it. For the price, you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Anyone who reviews this and says terrible things must have gotten a "bad" package! WnW shadows are equal to if not greater than MAC. I have MAC Brulee and WnW Brulee and I find them nearly identical! Only real difference? The price. As long as WnW makes e/s I will repurchase. I depot my shadows, so I don't really care about the packaging, and I find myself going to the WnW shadows over the MAC ones every time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

chalky, flakes, when I put my brush in this, shadow crumbles, makes a huge mess and while I apply this on lids or as highlight, it doesn't impress me, at all. I don't see all the raves about w/w shadows they are crap, as they were before in the past & now. I only purchased b/c of all the 'good' reviews. I'm not impressed, at all. I rather pay the bigger price for better quality. (ie. Mac) and if anyone says W/W are dupes for Mac, please do not listen, unless you like crumbly, flat-pigmentation, poor packaging (which is awful b/c it gets everywhere in your mu bag). Ugh

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go to all-over shade. It's the same colour as my skin and erases any veins showing through my eyelid.

The application is smooth. It works as a highlight for natural looks.

I've already bought a back up (for $2.97 CDN how not?) and will continue to repurchase.

This has become my most frequently used e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Perfect matte highlight shade that looks natural. Formula very smooth, soft and blends easily. Handle w/ care because WnW shadows break just by looking at them. Brulee is a warm based cream but works nice with my NW skin. If you pair this w/ a primer, it will last all day until you wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a NC 35, I like it to highlight and blend my colors together. It is very soft and buttery smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Brulee is a matte, cream shade that is perfect for brow bone highlighting. It is the same shade from the Wnw Greed and Vanity palettes.
Pros:
1. Pigmented and smooth.
2. Easy to blend and no chalkiness at all.
3. Goes well with most eyeshadow combinations so you can have the perfect highlight each time.

Cons:
1. Just like the other shade I reviewed (Nutty) it is very soft so it can crumble easily. The packaging isn't very sturdy either.
I would buy again and recommend to anyone looking for the perfect highlight shade. I'm an NC35-40 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by starsmax1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical because in the past this wasn't the best line and I found myself throwing things away after one use. However, because of the reviews here I decided to give it a try. So I bought a ton of Wet n Wild products at a recent bogo sale so this shadow came out $0.75.

This is an exact match to my skin tone and I was in shock because it is very pigmented, perfectly matte, no hint of chalkiness and super blendable. It's my go to base shadow and even does great without UDPP. An HG product for me.

The only downfall is the lousy packaging, tried to open it for three minutes with no luck so I used used an orange stick to pop up the lid and still have to fo that to open it. That's really the only reason I took off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is absolutely one of my favorite eye shadows ever. I use it all the time as a base or as the inner corner or brow bone color.
It's completely matte and it's creamy and applies like a dream. It creates a perfect canvas for other shadows.
I fell in love with this eye shadow on a Vanity palette and when I realized that they sell this as a single shade too, I had to get it.
It's very cheap, but the quality is everything but cheap. It's simply awesome.