January 30, 2015 | 2002 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Brulee

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Brulee is a gorgeous matte shadow that works perfectly as a base, especially with my fair skin tone. A little powdery, but great coverage, staying power, and pretty cheap - I think $2.49. The packaging is HORRIBLE though. It's really difficult to open the case. I chip a nail every time. I would recommend popping the shadow out of the plastic case and putting it in a magnetic palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xBarbiex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my lid & put purple in the crease for a sexy look thats perfect with hot pink lips. Brulee is super cheap and pretty pigmented. I dont have anything bad to say about the packaging since its like $2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this color.....has excellent pigmentation. Very little fallout. It's a great highlight color. WnW just needs to fix their packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This particular shade from Wet N Wild's Color Icon singles collection is a great, inexpensive matte eyeshadow! It's a neutral, flesh-toned (fair) color that is smooth and well-pigmented. It has become, for myself, a multi-purpose product. I use this as a base color for the lid, a matte highlight for the brow bone, to blend/correct shadow application mistakes, and even on the rest of my face (under-eye area and blemishes).

However, with all the positive attributes of the product, I will acknowledge that it's not exactly perfect.
Firstly, the packaging: the snap closure locks tightly & makes it hard to open some of these singles. I own the other two singles, 'Nutty' & 'Penny'; of all three, 'Penny' is the easiest to open. Unfortunately, this means that it also closes forcefully.
Which brings me to my second point. Like most of WnW's shadows, the soft, buttery consistency of the shadow comes at a price, as they tend to crumble rather easily. Couple the shadow with the faulty packaging and you've got a problem.
I used it for about two weeks until I noticed the shadow starting to crumble on the edges. I easily remedied it by crumbling the deteriorating shadow even further, taking Isopropyl alcohol AKA rubbing alcohol/spirit (I used 70%), put a few drops & mixed (just enough to create a creamy mixture). I then took a square of two-ply toilet paper (that I folded to fit the shadow pan), and started pressing for about 5 minutes. I let it dry for a day or two, and it was as good as new: the same color, pigmentation, and wear. The only difference was that I had little less fall out with application.

So, if you're willing to go through that, this product isn't so bad. Otherwise, you could use it as loose shadow, or look elsewhere -- your choice :D

I'd personally re-purchase and rate it as 3.5 out of 5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a fabulous highlight shade for my skintone (NC30). It is fairly matte so it works better for me rather than a shimmery or frosty one. Brulee is very pigmented and not chalky. I have also liked using this to blend my shadow. Packaging is a bit hard to open, but I plan to depot mine for easy day-to-day use. Love this and recommend it. For the price, you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Anyone who reviews this and says terrible things must have gotten a "bad" package! WnW shadows are equal to if not greater than MAC. I have MAC Brulee and WnW Brulee and I find them nearly identical! Only real difference? The price. As long as WnW makes e/s I will repurchase. I depot my shadows, so I don't really care about the packaging, and I find myself going to the WnW shadows over the MAC ones every time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

chalky, flakes, when I put my brush in this, shadow crumbles, makes a huge mess and while I apply this on lids or as highlight, it doesn't impress me, at all. I don't see all the raves about w/w shadows they are crap, as they were before in the past & now. I only purchased b/c of all the 'good' reviews. I'm not impressed, at all. I rather pay the bigger price for better quality. (ie. Mac) and if anyone says W/W are dupes for Mac, please do not listen, unless you like crumbly, flat-pigmentation, poor packaging (which is awful b/c it gets everywhere in your mu bag). Ugh

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go to all-over shade. It's the same colour as my skin and erases any veins showing through my eyelid.

The application is smooth. It works as a highlight for natural looks.

I've already bought a back up (for $2.97 CDN how not?) and will continue to repurchase.

This has become my most frequently used e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Perfect matte highlight shade that looks natural. Formula very smooth, soft and blends easily. Handle w/ care because WnW shadows break just by looking at them. Brulee is a warm based cream but works nice with my NW skin. If you pair this w/ a primer, it will last all day until you wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a NC 35, I like it to highlight and blend my colors together. It is very soft and buttery smooth.