September 23, 2014 | 2065 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this colour because I couldn't get over the similarity to the Clinique Colour Surge (Foxy shade) in the package. It was a dead ringer for my fave eyeshadow of all time (hee, hee, how dramatic!). In the package they look like twins. On the face...not so much. I find this is a nice quality, deeply pigmented shade with velvety ease of application BUT (there is always a but), it is very frosty. The Clinique Foxy shadow is more of a cooled down taupey grey. This Wet n' Wild shade is very silvery. That is the best way to describe it. It's very pretty but a litte too shimmery for an everyday look for myself. On a very young person I bet it would rock even for everyday. I find at my age now that frostiness = look at my wrinkles! It's very economical and the packaging is cute, small and easy to access. I do love that it's a single pan shadow. As much as I thought I hit pay dirt with this Clinique Foxy knock-off I sadly must keep searching for zee true doppleganger......or keep buying $20.00 eyeshadow from Clinque.

EDIT: I had to stop using this eyeshadow as it must have something in it that irritates my eyes as they kept watering endlessly. I would give it a 5 for a pretty shade but it's low end eyeshadow with cheap ingredients so I downgraded to a 1 because I have such sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nutty is a shimmery, creamy taupe that's neither too cool nor too warm, so it will probably suit most skintones. This shadow is highly pigmented and easy to blend, and it's very compact, so it won't take up much space in a makeup bag. An ideal, staple shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a true taupe, unlike Satin Taupe which has too much red undertones for my liking. Very creamy formula, does not irritate my eyes and the shimmer is delicate. Lovely for everyday wear with some black eyeliner. However, staying power isn't too great compared to Mac's but for this price, I can't complain as I can have one in each bag! Buying backups as I love the shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Twinks616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this shadow, but I liked Brulee more. The pigmentation is great, the formula is smooth, but the problem is that sometimes the glitter is a little much. There's no terrible fallout or anything but if you tend to rub your eyes, just be a little careful.

Another winner from the color icon collection. :)

EDIT: I recently dropped this on and all of the powder shattered to bits. The packaging flew open and caused the mess. I am lowering the rating for the packaging quality, so just be careful with these.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MemomMon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shadow, I have Nutty and Brulee, they are my favorite go to shadows. I will be going and getting back ups, just in case, seems like ones I love tend to get discontinued, so I'm going to play it safe. The color and texture are amazing. WnW has definately stepped up their game recently, so many of their products are so much better now than they were years ago.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Taupe lovers, rejoice! Get this! It's only $1.99, and has a GREAT texture. It's a beautiful shimmery taupe. It does not lean purple or grey at all. I love it. I can make it work with just about anything. Lately this has been my go to for a quick eye look when I am in a hurry. I use thins on the lid, blend it up into the crease and smudge on the lower lash line. Add liner and mascara and I have a great, quick neutral smoky look.

I have worn it without a primer. Yes, it faded and a little, but not in a gross/splotchy way. With a primer it looks flawless all day.

I like that the packaging in compact, so I can throw it into my makeup bag for on the go. However, I find it hard to open.

I picked up all the neutral shades they carry and I like them all. I really hope they release more colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW....who would ever think you could get such a great eyeshadow for under 3 bucks? I picked this up yesterday, figuring I had nothing much to lose if it turned out to be a washout but this is a lovely shadow. I'd been thinking of buying Urban Decay's YDK but this is so close in colour and such good quality that I won't bother now! I wore this yesterday evening all on its own. I just swiped it across my lids and up to the crease and then packed on a bit more to intensify the shade on my lids. It's a beautiful cool beigey-taupe shade with a subtle, flattering "light" to it - a sheen that doesn't look harsh or "frosty" - more like a "glow".

The packaging seems a bit flimsy and I am worried that it could break easily (but then I've had MAC compacts break and MAC shadows are 5 times the price!) but it's small and the lid is clear so you can see what colour you are reaching for.

I am very tempted to try the Colour Icon palettes now, based on how great this shadow and the other one I have (Brule? can't recall now) are working out. You can't miss with these shadows - they offer such great product at an unbelievable price.

UPDATE: Some say this is a dupe for MAC Satin Taupe. I have ST and while I love it, I have to say that Nutty is not an exact dupe. Nutty is virtually identical to Nars Ashes to Ashes, though (and at a fraction of the price). I'd been wanting Ashes to Ashes but after reading that Nutty was very close to it, I took my little pan of Nutty to Sephora to check (both with the dreadful in-store Sephora lighting and with the flood of natural daylight in the mall concourse) and they were so close as to be indistinguishable to me (and believe me, I can almost ALWAYS see enough of a difference to justify purchasing another new eye shadow). As I'm so happy with the texture, pigmentation and application of Nutty (and haven't had it shatter on me yet - I know this happens to a lot of people), I figure I can pass on Ashes to Ashes and splurge on a NARS shadow that is truly unique (maybe the Habanera duo). It helps too that Nutty is also amazingly close to the colour of Chanel Safari and, again, it's less than 1/10th the price. What a great little bargain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. It is a great neutral color that I think would look good on any skin tone. I am NC40 and this is very natural looking on me. It is a medium neutral taupe with some shimmer. I use this with Brulee as a highlight. This lasts all day with no creasing over UDPP and Mac Soft Ochre Paint Pot. It's well pigmented and goes on super smooth. I really like that this is small and compact since it doesn't take up a lot of space in my purse or vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Beautiful taupe with very smooth texture. I like pairing this with WnW Brulee on the lid, Nutty on the crease and sometimes BB After Hours to darken up the crease. Perfect combo, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this awhile ago due to all the good reviews. I have been on a wet n wild kick lately and I am loving them. I was hesitant at first, wet n wild brought back memories of bad bright blue eye shadow and sickly pink lipstick. This color is amazing, its a silvery taupe gray, it has a nice sheen, not glitter but a soft glowy look. The texture is soft, not too soft but perfect, nice pigmentation and it blends well. The packaging is rough I have a hard time getting mine open (I have this problem with the other single shadows from this line too) but for the 1.99 I paid I am not gonna complain. This is my go to shadow when I don't know what to do, or when I want a more subtle natural look, just this and brulee from the line as a highlight and I am good to go.

Overall I would/will buy this again way to go wet N wild!!!