October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, where do i start lol. I don't know if i really like this product considering I've only used it once. I didn't see any difference or glow to my face when i applied it over my foundation but maybe its because i barley applied any because i feared of looking like a ghost. Well i am returning it because after reading some of the reviews I've seen that its not photo friendly and leaves a ghoulish glow when you take a picture with flash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had my eye on this powder for a while. People told me it was a dupe for MUFE HD powder and i am always looking for cheaper dupes since im on a tight budget. I love how this mattifys my face and gives me a flawless face. I get complements from my friends and they tell me it looks natural. Although i never think face makeup can look complety natural, this does give a great finish and it looks the same throughout the day. It keeps my oily t-zone matte (but nothing has been able go my nose completely). I recommend this for oily skin people. On dry skin, make sure you don't apply if you are flaky and try not to use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Castr8Them

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A month ago I bought E.L.F. S. HIGH DEF POWDER and I love it! I tried the HD powder from MakeUpForEver in sephora and that reminded me of the time I saw that E.L.F. had an HD powder. I researched online and read reviews of E.L.F. and months later, bought the powder. It is just like MUFE's HD powder but only $6 bux compared to $32 bux. After applying my Make Up For Ever HD foundation 178 and concealer, I generously apply ELF's HD powder all over my face, and it sets my make up in place. It works better than my Urban Decay setting spray. Make up won't budge when you use this great powder! It's silky and finely milled. It never crinkles or settles in fine lines. It seriously goes on sheer, and I know because my skin is a milk chocolate tone and it never leaves an ghoolish white caste like other translucent powders. Buy it asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by billie999

Amazing.

I've tried millions of different makeup brands. The one thing I will not be "cheap" on is my makeup for my skin (powder, concealer ,foundation etc). I usually spend a fortune on my powder/foundation, buying only MAC, Lancome or Bare Minerals and other 'high end' brands. I heard about E.L.F and how it was a 6 dollar powder, and in hearing that I wrote it off as "crap". Good makeup would never be that cheap right? WRONG.

This is the BEST powder I have ever used on my face. Ever. Better than MAC, Lancome, all the high end brands. It isn't pigmented so it will blend on to anyones skin tone. It goes on flawlessly, looks professionally done....AND it is only 6 freakin dollars! I kept waiting for the catch but there is none. It is so hard to believe a product so cheap in price could possibly be better than the expensive high end compacts for 5 times the price.

I from now on will never buy another brand of powder for my face other than E.LF. I am stuck on it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

oh my gosh no , this is NOT like MUFE HD powder, Ive use MUFE HD powder for years. When you put this on it turnsyour make up lighter and makes white casts. i am NW10 and it still shows as a white cast especially on where would normally have a shadow on my face. For example, this puts white casts on the sides of my nose... in turn making it look bigger and just plain weird. BUT you don't even need to put this over your make up to see the huge flaw in this. If you rub MUFE HD powder on the back of your hand for example, it is just the most finely milled silky heaven feeling ever. lightly rubbing ELF HD powder on the back of your hand causes it to ball up and show up white (which also allows you to see its patchy coverage).

I hardly ever disagrees with MUA majority but i can't even believe that people think this is on par with MUFE HD. I think that if you are looking for an alternative to MUFE HD because of the high price that you should maybe look into Ben Nye. Now i am using Hard Candy Welcome Matte temporarily because it is better than this ELF powder but i plan to try Ben Nye next with higher expectations.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

This HD powder is really nothing more than a white translucent powder. The powder itself is a very, very fine matte white powder. There is no shimmer at all. However the texture is different of that of a translucent powder. It's much thinner but it also feels soft and somewhat slippery sensation when rubbed between your fingers. There's no coverage but the point of this product is not to cover anyways. I notice that it makes my face a bit more oily than usual. But it gives me sort of a subtle iridescent glow to my skin. It's not noticible so do not expect it to transform your face. Being so white however, I cannot say for sure that any skin tone can pull this off. As for me, I very lightly dust it on because when I have packed it on I noticed it settles into my lines (for example around my nose). I have light to medium skin so keep that in mine. As for the packaging, I absolutely adore it. It's so classy and simple ( matte plastic) However, it must always Be standing upright or else the powder will spill and get everywhere. Therefore, it has made it impossible for me to get the product out without spilling. Its like working with baby powder. If you flip it upside down, it will spill so be careful about that. I like the look of the packaging but it just doesn't work. I'd rather get a translucent powder that is more flesh toned. I still love elf though

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this powder to set my mineral foundation. The packaging is big, bulky, & can be difficult to open if you have small, arthritic hands. The puff is soft and I use it to apply the powder. I have lugged the container around while traveling and do not experience too much powder leakage through the sifter holes with the puff to contain it. If there is too much powder outside the sifter, the holes are large enough to shake and tap it back into the container.

The powder itself is very fine and soft with no clumping. It applies smoothly, but should be patted in as it can leave a slight whitish cast to the face if not. I feel it has mild oil control, but not as much as Ocean Mist Cosmetics Silken Perfection Face Powder. I still need to blot midday, but I do not get excessive shine. OMC's powder keeps me shine free with no blotting.
I feel this powder gives my face a healthy, but not shimmery, glittery glow. I have large pores and it does not accentuate them.

I would recommend and purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by StretchyElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder is the most finely-milled powder I've used. It's unbelievably light, and it seals in my liquid foundation without making it look cakey. My skin is oily and breaks down makeup within two hours of the initial application, but this (plus my newly beloved Black Radiance Complexion Perfection Primer) keeps my makeup intact. It leaves my face with a satin finish that lasts through a 12+ hour day.

I find that while this is translucent, it leaves somewhat of a whitish cast even on my pale skin until you really press and buff it in. I also HATE the packaging, it's really big and bulky for the amount you get and is completely travel-unfriendly. If you let the container bounce around in your bag it'll spill out of the sifter holes and all over you when you open it. I was happy to use the included puff to apply it, I find that it's better to press powder into the skin rather than sweep it on, disturbing the makeup underneath.

I haven't tried MUFE's version of this but I imagine it's the same. I am completely satisfied with this powder, and for $6 will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I have lowered my lippie score from 5 to 4 because although I still like this product, I don't reach for it as often because it really doesn't control oil at all for me. The primer I was using was doing most of the oil control, and that means I can't possibly use this powder alone or without primer. I still love the way it makes my face look, though, and to be fair E.L.F. doesn't claim that it is a product that will control oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by prissybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone new to makeup, I looked for items that I could practice and get a feel for. This is a great product, HOWEVER there are some issues. Once it settles its gives a slight shimmer to the face and taking photos with this isn't suggested. Just as the MUFE HD Powder, it will show in flash photos. Other than that I think its pretty good to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Found this at Target the other day for about 6 bucks. I heard a lot of good reviews about this product so I decided to give it a try. I typically use MUFE HD powder and its worked pretty well so a cheaper alternative is something I had to try for myself.

The packaging is good, you have to twist off the top so at least the powder doesn't spill all over the place when you open it. The consistency is very comparable to MUFE and is practically like its cheaper twin! I am hooked. It keeps my makeup on well and keeps my oily skin at bay all DAY! One problem I had was with that poof that comes with it. If you have a lot of product sifted out the poof will grab alot of it and will make you look like a big old white ghost. I suggest using a powder brush for this. One lippie off for the poof.

I found it semi hard to find this powder at Target as not all of them carry THIS HD powder. I usually only see the body powder which obviously is not the same. Went to 3 different Targets before I found it just chilling on the peghook.