July 23, 2014 | 1906 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this powder to set my mineral foundation. The packaging is big, bulky, & can be difficult to open if you have small, arthritic hands. The puff is soft and I use it to apply the powder. I have lugged the container around while traveling and do not experience too much powder leakage through the sifter holes with the puff to contain it. If there is too much powder outside the sifter, the holes are large enough to shake and tap it back into the container.

The powder itself is very fine and soft with no clumping. It applies smoothly, but should be patted in as it can leave a slight whitish cast to the face if not. I feel it has mild oil control, but not as much as Ocean Mist Cosmetics Silken Perfection Face Powder. I still need to blot midday, but I do not get excessive shine. OMC's powder keeps me shine free with no blotting.
I feel this powder gives my face a healthy, but not shimmery, glittery glow. I have large pores and it does not accentuate them.

I would recommend and purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by StretchyElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder is the most finely-milled powder I've used. It's unbelievably light, and it seals in my liquid foundation without making it look cakey. My skin is oily and breaks down makeup within two hours of the initial application, but this (plus my newly beloved Black Radiance Complexion Perfection Primer) keeps my makeup intact. It leaves my face with a satin finish that lasts through a 12+ hour day.

I find that while this is translucent, it leaves somewhat of a whitish cast even on my pale skin until you really press and buff it in. I also HATE the packaging, it's really big and bulky for the amount you get and is completely travel-unfriendly. If you let the container bounce around in your bag it'll spill out of the sifter holes and all over you when you open it. I was happy to use the included puff to apply it, I find that it's better to press powder into the skin rather than sweep it on, disturbing the makeup underneath.

I haven't tried MUFE's version of this but I imagine it's the same. I am completely satisfied with this powder, and for $6 will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I have lowered my lippie score from 5 to 4 because although I still like this product, I don't reach for it as often because it really doesn't control oil at all for me. The primer I was using was doing most of the oil control, and that means I can't possibly use this powder alone or without primer. I still love the way it makes my face look, though, and to be fair E.L.F. doesn't claim that it is a product that will control oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by prissybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone new to makeup, I looked for items that I could practice and get a feel for. This is a great product, HOWEVER there are some issues. Once it settles its gives a slight shimmer to the face and taking photos with this isn't suggested. Just as the MUFE HD Powder, it will show in flash photos. Other than that I think its pretty good to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Found this at Target the other day for about 6 bucks. I heard a lot of good reviews about this product so I decided to give it a try. I typically use MUFE HD powder and its worked pretty well so a cheaper alternative is something I had to try for myself.

The packaging is good, you have to twist off the top so at least the powder doesn't spill all over the place when you open it. The consistency is very comparable to MUFE and is practically like its cheaper twin! I am hooked. It keeps my makeup on well and keeps my oily skin at bay all DAY! One problem I had was with that poof that comes with it. If you have a lot of product sifted out the poof will grab alot of it and will make you look like a big old white ghost. I suggest using a powder brush for this. One lippie off for the poof.

I found it semi hard to find this powder at Target as not all of them carry THIS HD powder. I usually only see the body powder which obviously is not the same. Went to 3 different Targets before I found it just chilling on the peghook.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by kaayrod

This is amazing! Can work as primer or finishing powder. I love it won't leave you looking like a clown, just perfects your skin when its on its own. Amazing for only $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

Wonderful product for the price, but it gets everywhere when I try to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i find this to be just as good as the mufe one. i can use this before and after my foundation/concealer but usually i just use it after because i use a primer before, i also use this to dust over my eyelids after whatever look i do to help it stay in place and not smudge off on my oily eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by royalgalliano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I could love this product like everybody else. I use Everyday Minerals in a Semi-Matte base and it just did not work with the HD powder. I tried it twice once with a powder brush and once with the little pad it comes with. Both times when I put this on my nose it made the Everyday Minerals dissipate and also made my pores look big. I must say that it did keep me from going shiny so maybe I will continue using this on my forehead, but definitely not putting this on my nose. I dont think it made me look airbrushed or minimized my pores. I think its something in the EM base that does not go well with the HD powder so since its pretty cheap I think people should try this since a majority loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ADORE this stuff. My skin always starts out dry, but after a while, it is gleaming with oil. This stuff makes my face incredibly soft, and it gives the appearance of naturally flawless skin. I usually apply it once or twice a day, but I've had it for a year already, and I'm not even close to running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I love this powder! It is extremely finely milled and does not settle into any fine lines or pores on my face. I use it to set my undereye concealer because other powders tend to make my undereye area look cakey. It is very affordable ($6 at Target) for the amount of product that you get. However, the packaging is so annoying. Everytime I use it I get white powder everywhere. The box is not the matte black color it once was and it just looks dirty.