E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Like most of you....I was on the lookout for a cheaper eyeshadow primer. Let's face it ladies...Almost 20 bucks for one is a little absurd! I have UDPP, Painterly, and BareCanvas. I spent 1 dollar for this and it's the same quality as UDPP. I wore this the other night and my eyeshadow was on when I came home 8 hrs later! Will definatley repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Awesome!!!! I love it!!! Okay, okay, okay, yes, originally I was skeptical like everyone else and I have quite oily lids and no paint pot would work for me alone. I always have to use the big time primers: UDPP, TFSI, or Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer. This stuff has come along and totally changed the game!!! I put it on with a fairly light hand hoping to not get globs of product on my lid because it is kinda creamy but even a speck goes a long way! I did not crease with this stuff at all. Totally impressed. Will definitely repurchase.

I thought this primer was just okay. I didn't feel it made much difference. I was hoping it would since it's so cheap compared to UDPP and it seems to work for most other people. It applies nice but I didn't feel it made my eyeshadows last much longer. The other day I got UDPP, and that is a different story (in a good way) xD

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product does the exact thing as urban decay's primer potion. No more dropping $18 for eye primer. I wish the packaging was a squeeze tube, but I'm very happy!

update - 10/28/10
I do love the packaging, the price, the wand. The product itself wasn't able to withstand creasing. I applied a good amount to my lids, and then I did a layer of UD Gunmental Shadow at 7am, by 2pm I had a definite crease. I definitely think I'm going to try more techniques to make it last longer, but I'm taking off a lippie because I don't remember Primer Potion doing creasing this quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This primer is absolutely fantastic! I have incredibly oily eyelids that always seem to turn my shadow into a colored oil slick within 15 minutes of application. No exaggeration! I've tried other primers and they work for a few hours but nothing earth shattering. So I decided to give this a try because it's so cheap. I was incredibly skeptical at first. I just didn't think it would work for someone with eyelids as oily as mine. But I got the shock of my life!! This stuff works incredibly well. It holds my shadow in place for hours! And to extend it even more..what I did was apply it, let it dry for about 40 seconds, and then I lightly dust Bare Minerals Mineral Veil over it. That makes this stuff full proof for 12 hours. Seriously. I was so thrilled, I went back to the E.L.F. website and caught their 50% off sale and purchased more! I will continue to purchase this product rather than more expensive primers because this stuff is the answer to my fricken oily eyelid prayers! I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with very oily lids and do yourself a favor and try the dusting of mineral veil or a mineral finishing powder over it once it dries and you will be thrilled. Keep in mind, the trick with this primer is to not use to much and wait until it's FULLY dry to the touch before applying your shadow. And well you can't beat the price..so what do you have to loose ? Not a lot!

This product is AMAZING.... :)) in my opinion i would compare it to a high end product.. i love how smooth and easy it goes on. I also noticed that is doesnt crease up like some of the other eye primers i have used. I deff. recommend this because 1) its only $1 so you cant go wrong and 2) your shadow will stay on a longg time. I wake up at 6am and its on til 12 that night.
Hope this helped.
:D

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

So this primer has been compared to UDPP, I have never used it but from what I've seen, it works the same. It's sheer so it doesn't show up, it has an oily feeling though, which was strange. It kept my eyeshadow on all day though and I have oily lids.

The reason why I didn't rate it a 5 star was that it was clumpy... Is that normal? I mean when I apply it, it applies fine but in the container it was clumpy and I only got half the product, the container was very "empty", and was not very filled up, yes, it's cheap but still!

But overall, of course I would repurchase this!

I LOVE this stuff! I do my makeup at 7 in the morning and it will last into the wee hours of the night. And it's sooo much cheaper than my old favorite (Urban Decay) $15 less each time adds up quickly. I just wish I could find a face primer/foundation that I could say the same about.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is AMAZING! This is the only eye primer I have tried that doesn't dry or irritate my sensitive eyelids. I really love this stuff! My eyeshadow looked the same as when I put it on at 7am to when I took it off at 9pm. It really works!

EDIT- Sadly, even though this makes my eyeshadows look bright and vibrant with no creasing, it's drying the heck out of my eyelids. I didn't even realize this was causing my dry eyelids until I used other primers (Nars and then Bare Escentuals) during a vacation. After I took my makeup off, my eyelids weren't red or dry like with this primer. I tried the elf primer again just to make sure and once again, my eyelids were dried out. Total bummer because I really do think it makes eyeshadows look the best.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this primer because it really helps my eyeshadow looks fresh all day long.Its affordable.I use it everyday and have nothing negative to say with this.I would definitely recommend this