E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 9/15/2010 6:04:00 PM

This product is AMAZING.... :)) in my opinion i would compare it to a high end product.. i love how smooth and easy it goes on. I also noticed that is doesnt crease up like some of the other eye primers i have used. I deff. recommend this because 1) its only $1 so you cant go wrong and 2) your shadow will stay on a longg time. I wake up at 6am and its on til 12 that night.
Hope this helped.
:D

on 9/13/2010 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

So this primer has been compared to UDPP, I have never used it but from what I've seen, it works the same. It's sheer so it doesn't show up, it has an oily feeling though, which was strange. It kept my eyeshadow on all day though and I have oily lids.

The reason why I didn't rate it a 5 star was that it was clumpy... Is that normal? I mean when I apply it, it applies fine but in the container it was clumpy and I only got half the product, the container was very "empty", and was not very filled up, yes, it's cheap but still!

But overall, of course I would repurchase this!

on 9/9/2010 5:00:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! I do my makeup at 7 in the morning and it will last into the wee hours of the night. And it's sooo much cheaper than my old favorite (Urban Decay) $15 less each time adds up quickly. I just wish I could find a face primer/foundation that I could say the same about.

on 9/9/2010 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is AMAZING! This is the only eye primer I have tried that doesn't dry or irritate my sensitive eyelids. I really love this stuff! My eyeshadow looked the same as when I put it on at 7am to when I took it off at 9pm. It really works!

EDIT- Sadly, even though this makes my eyeshadows look bright and vibrant with no creasing, it's drying the heck out of my eyelids. I didn't even realize this was causing my dry eyelids until I used other primers (Nars and then Bare Escentuals) during a vacation. After I took my makeup off, my eyelids weren't red or dry like with this primer. I tried the elf primer again just to make sure and once again, my eyelids were dried out. Total bummer because I really do think it makes eyeshadows look the best.

on 9/7/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this primer because it really helps my eyeshadow looks fresh all day long.Its affordable.I use it everyday and have nothing negative to say with this.I would definitely recommend this

on 8/27/2010 5:45:00 PM

I adore this, definitely my HG!

I used it about 3 weeks ago with the pink and blue eyeshadows from the sparkle eye encyclopedia and went to a waterpark. I was in the water for a long time, and on the way home I looked at my makeup and it was pretty much all still there
It works just as well with other shadows, but I had some problems with
mineral shadows

Never bought a HE primer and as long as this is around, probably never will have to

on 8/25/2010 11:10:00 AM

Along with Laura Mercier Eye Basics, this is my go to product in terms of eye base. I tried a paint pot, and didn't like it. Too hard to apply. This one is easy. And it keeps the shadow on about as well as the Mercier - which means, not completely. There's probably nothing that can stop some product from disappearing on me. But both hinder the color in the crease from striping.

My skin is sticky after applying this, while the Mercier makes it easier to blend. But both work well.

There isn't much product in this one compared to the Mercier. That's probably a good thing if you don't use it all that much.

on 8/24/2010 1:26:00 PM

This is just as good as UDPP. I've used UDPP for years but once I found this stuff, i'll never go back. It makes my shadow stay on FOREVER.

I literally cannot tell a difference between this and my other pricey primers. Definately worth a try if you're considering a less expensive alternative!!

on 8/6/2010 9:16:00 PM

I love this product! It really works for me, and I have somewhat oily lids. If I didn't wear this primer my eyeshadow would crease in about 1-2 hours depending on the temperature and what I was doing.

With this primer I'd say my eye shadow lasts all day if I don't go to the gym or swim or sweat excessively. If I do sweat a lot there will be minor creasing.

This product is more than adequate for us non-makeup snobs out there! A great find and I will continue to repurchase and recommend to all my friends.

on 8/2/2010 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this stuff! Nice alternative to UDPP. I haven't had a problem with the quality of eyeshadow, it seems to work with my entire range. I like that it makes my lids nude first, I wouldn't mind wearing it alone sometimes just to make my lids look brighter.

$3, not bad. Tube and wand is straight forward.