April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by organized

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with Laura Mercier Eye Basics, this is my go to product in terms of eye base. I tried a paint pot, and didn't like it. Too hard to apply. This one is easy. And it keeps the shadow on about as well as the Mercier - which means, not completely. There's probably nothing that can stop some product from disappearing on me. But both hinder the color in the crease from striping.

My skin is sticky after applying this, while the Mercier makes it easier to blend. But both work well.

There isn't much product in this one compared to the Mercier. That's probably a good thing if you don't use it all that much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is just as good as UDPP. I've used UDPP for years but once I found this stuff, i'll never go back. It makes my shadow stay on FOREVER.

I literally cannot tell a difference between this and my other pricey primers. Definately worth a try if you're considering a less expensive alternative!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I love this product! It really works for me, and I have somewhat oily lids. If I didn't wear this primer my eyeshadow would crease in about 1-2 hours depending on the temperature and what I was doing.

With this primer I'd say my eye shadow lasts all day if I don't go to the gym or swim or sweat excessively. If I do sweat a lot there will be minor creasing.

This product is more than adequate for us non-makeup snobs out there! A great find and I will continue to repurchase and recommend to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff! Nice alternative to UDPP. I haven't had a problem with the quality of eyeshadow, it seems to work with my entire range. I like that it makes my lids nude first, I wouldn't mind wearing it alone sometimes just to make my lids look brighter.

$3, not bad. Tube and wand is straight forward.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by yogawolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this with my high end shadows because those are the only one's this works with. It holds shadow pretty well, but begins to crease after 1-3 hours with cheap shadow. I'd rather buy inexpensive eye shadow and an expensive primer than the other way around, which is why I go with UDPP.

Basically,
e.l.f. = expensive shadow
UDPP = All shadow

Buying UDPP will save you in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have both this and udpp, and for the most part they are very comparable in quality and performance. The mineral primer does it's job at keeping shadows from creasing and intensifying the color of the shadow, but I have found that udpp keeps the shadow and liner applied under my eyes more in place with minimal smudging.
What's better in elf's primer is that it isn't nearly as drying and almost irritating to my eyelids as udpp is, and the primer also gives you much more leeway for blending your shadows, which is difficult to do with udpp.
I find myself reaching for this primer more because of this and the fact that it is 1/6th the price of udpp!!! This is basically a steal at 3 dollars, and knowing elf, they'll have more 50 or 60% off sales and codes than we'll know what to do with. I strongly reccomend this product even if you have a more expensive one like NARS, TSFI, or UDPP because it'll extend the life of that product too. I've had my UDPP for 2 years and it's not even halfway done thanks to me using elf's most of the time!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by rlaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product, my eye shadow has not creased even in this very hot muggy weather. Yes, will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Great stuff. Keeps eyelids crease-free for about 6 hours in very humid weather. Odorless, cheap, color-correcting, and convenient packaging for travel.

Biggest problems I have with this is that it doesn't last as long as I wish (10+ hours in tropical humid weather), doe-foot wand applicator doesn't reach the sides of the tube, and I still must resort to buying it online since no place around here (even ELF distributors) sells it in their store...

Great product. Definitely worth purchasing again. I'd go as far to say that it would probably work just as good if not better than your high-end primer potion.

I save all kinds of money with this little guy <3.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by yoko1010

good product...last longer eye makeup...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Samantha1224

I love this eye shadow primer! I have oily skin and my eye shadow used to crease and cake up within 2 hours of applying it and I just thought it must be my eye shadow. Well I was searching around on ELFs website and came across this and saw the great reviews then I checked on here and also say good things so I purchased it and I am so glad that I did. I used the primer today around 4pm when I was getting ready and itís now 2am and my eye shadow looks like I just put it on! It also makes my eye shadow color look much more vibrant! Another plus is that I wear gel eye liner and that usually end up leaving a big black smudge on my upper eyelid and that didnít happen tonight while wearing this primer! This product totally changes the way my markup looks and lasts and it is an absolute steal at $3! I totally recommend for everyone to try this!