July 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer because it really helps my eyeshadow looks fresh all day long.Its affordable.I use it everyday and have nothing negative to say with this.I would definitely recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Starae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this, definitely my HG!

I used it about 3 weeks ago with the pink and blue eyeshadows from the sparkle eye encyclopedia and went to a waterpark. I was in the water for a long time, and on the way home I looked at my makeup and it was pretty much all still there
It works just as well with other shadows, but I had some problems with
mineral shadows

Never bought a HE primer and as long as this is around, probably never will have to

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by organized

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with Laura Mercier Eye Basics, this is my go to product in terms of eye base. I tried a paint pot, and didn't like it. Too hard to apply. This one is easy. And it keeps the shadow on about as well as the Mercier - which means, not completely. There's probably nothing that can stop some product from disappearing on me. But both hinder the color in the crease from striping.

My skin is sticky after applying this, while the Mercier makes it easier to blend. But both work well.

There isn't much product in this one compared to the Mercier. That's probably a good thing if you don't use it all that much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is just as good as UDPP. I've used UDPP for years but once I found this stuff, i'll never go back. It makes my shadow stay on FOREVER.

I literally cannot tell a difference between this and my other pricey primers. Definately worth a try if you're considering a less expensive alternative!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I love this product! It really works for me, and I have somewhat oily lids. If I didn't wear this primer my eyeshadow would crease in about 1-2 hours depending on the temperature and what I was doing.

With this primer I'd say my eye shadow lasts all day if I don't go to the gym or swim or sweat excessively. If I do sweat a lot there will be minor creasing.

This product is more than adequate for us non-makeup snobs out there! A great find and I will continue to repurchase and recommend to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff! Nice alternative to UDPP. I haven't had a problem with the quality of eyeshadow, it seems to work with my entire range. I like that it makes my lids nude first, I wouldn't mind wearing it alone sometimes just to make my lids look brighter.

$3, not bad. Tube and wand is straight forward.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by yogawolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this with my high end shadows because those are the only one's this works with. It holds shadow pretty well, but begins to crease after 1-3 hours with cheap shadow. I'd rather buy inexpensive eye shadow and an expensive primer than the other way around, which is why I go with UDPP.

Basically,
e.l.f. = expensive shadow
UDPP = All shadow

Buying UDPP will save you in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have both this and udpp, and for the most part they are very comparable in quality and performance. The mineral primer does it's job at keeping shadows from creasing and intensifying the color of the shadow, but I have found that udpp keeps the shadow and liner applied under my eyes more in place with minimal smudging.
What's better in elf's primer is that it isn't nearly as drying and almost irritating to my eyelids as udpp is, and the primer also gives you much more leeway for blending your shadows, which is difficult to do with udpp.
I find myself reaching for this primer more because of this and the fact that it is 1/6th the price of udpp!!! This is basically a steal at 3 dollars, and knowing elf, they'll have more 50 or 60% off sales and codes than we'll know what to do with. I strongly reccomend this product even if you have a more expensive one like NARS, TSFI, or UDPP because it'll extend the life of that product too. I've had my UDPP for 2 years and it's not even halfway done thanks to me using elf's most of the time!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by rlaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product, my eye shadow has not creased even in this very hot muggy weather. Yes, will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Great stuff. Keeps eyelids crease-free for about 6 hours in very humid weather. Odorless, cheap, color-correcting, and convenient packaging for travel.

Biggest problems I have with this is that it doesn't last as long as I wish (10+ hours in tropical humid weather), doe-foot wand applicator doesn't reach the sides of the tube, and I still must resort to buying it online since no place around here (even ELF distributors) sells it in their store...

Great product. Definitely worth purchasing again. I'd go as far to say that it would probably work just as good if not better than your high-end primer potion.

I save all kinds of money with this little guy <3.