April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I have textbook combination/oily skin. The first time I went to the Nars counter I was advised to try sheer matte. Poor shade match notwithstanding, I would recommend sheer glow over sheer matte unless you have VERY oily skin. I am the sort of person who has to blot/powder every few hours in the T-zone no matter what foundation I use, but I have gotten used to it because any foundation that stops my oil production will inevitably clog my pores. The reason I love Nars Sheer Glow over all other foundations that are supposedly formulated for my skin type is that it is truly invisible. I have tried powder foundations, I have tried Makeup Forever HD--it was OK but it accentuated my dry spots more than I would have liked. The coverage was too heavy and covered up my freckles, which I have recently come to terms with. If you have oily-combination to dry skin and want a natural but flawless finish, I strongly recommend Nars Sheer Glow. I am half-Chinese, half-German/English, roughly NC20-25, and I love Fiji (summer) or Ceylan (winter) because the pink/yellow balance is excellent if you are mixed-race.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Tipsy5526

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love and hate relationship with this foundation, price is way to expensive i dont agree to it, I'm an nc41 in mac studio fix and the lady matched me to syricus way too dark for my skin tone, so what i do is apply my studio fix than apply this to contour also wen i wnt dewy skin it works very well and makes my skin look flawless, on its own last for 4 hours, i would recommend only because it does not have spf which is good for photos otherwise no for an everyday. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I got matched with Mont Blanc (lightest the store had). It is a little too peachy pink for me, but I was really impressed with the coverage and finish of the foundation. Because it's called sheer glow, I thought it might have minimal coverage or leave me looking kind of greasy (like Make Up For Ever HD), but it's more of a medium coverage foundation with a natural finish. Pretty! I will try it in the lightest color if I can find it next time I'm shopping.

The more I use this, the more I love it. This looks beautiful at the end of a workday! Although it's not completely full coverage and has slight shine, I'm so impressed with the overall performance, really loving it.

Still on the lookout for my ultimate HG though. While this is a great foundation, it does oxidize (at least in Mont Blanc) and I do prefer the matte look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After years of hearing about this product I finally caved and purchased it several days ago. I had a good deal of trouble finding a shade match, since I'm light/medium and very pink and most of the shades seem to lean yellow, but I settled on Sante Fe. It's still a little peachier than I'd like, but overall it works. I have applied this with both a flat top kabuki and a beauty blender, and I think I prefer the beauty blender, but either way looks lovely. It's radiant without being glittery (Revlon Photo Ready) or too glowy (YSL Le Touche Eclat). The finish is similar to Stila's Illuminating BB Cream or Urban Decay Naked Foundation. Set with a powder it lasted all day and did not seem to highlight any less than ideal patches on my post breakout skin. The packaging though, ugh. The packaging is probably the only reason I won't repurchase. We all know and hate that matte NARS packing that picks up fingerprints instantly, but I'm willing to overlook that. I just don't understand why there's no pump! It's unhygienic, difficult to use, and wastes TONS of product. If I'm already paying this much for a foundation I shouldn't have to also purchase a pump (which the cap won't even fit over)! Come on NARS, even Revlon has pumps!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by liliyhoo

I bought Nars Sheer Glow Foundation about 2-3 months ago. For years I have had problems of finding a foundation that matches to my skin tone. When I tries this foundation it was a perfect mach (Light 4). It has a matte finish, definitely buildable . It's a HG foundation for me. I will definitely repurchase this product. However, the packaging sucks because it does not come with a pump so you end up with too much of the product sometimes and the price is a little bit high. Overall, it is a very good foundation for oily- combination skin. It doesn't sit on my pores or get patchy. I would recommend this foundation %100.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by DODUNIA

Absolutely amazing foundation, long lasting, gives an amazing finish, disappears evenly from your face. However, it is neither sheer nor glowing on me, but this is what I like. The coverage is a good medium and build-able so you can you it in day time and for a night out. I have very yellowy skin tone, but pretty light at the same time. I am NC20 in MAC and I wear Light 6 from NARS. My skin is a little dry so I need to apply my moisturiser right before the foundation. LOVE IT. Finally found my HG! (I used all possible foundation, YSL, MUFE, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Dior, Armani, MAC, everything) but couldn't find the perfect one until now!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by karenelizabeth11

I bought this foundation during the summer and I was excited to try it, but after using it for just a couple weeks, it gave me the worst breakouts of my life. Huge clumps of pimples all over my face. Also the foundation would get really oily and slide off of my face. Would never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have found my HG foundation, and Nars Sheer Glow is IT! Absolutely amazing. Flawless coverage and the most natural skin-like finish. I have to admit, when I ordered this foundation, I expected it to make my face look dewy. It actually leaves a kind of matte finish, BUT, it still leaves the most gorgeous glow on my face. Most matte foundations are very flat, masky and not at all flattering on faces with fine lines. This foundation makes me look radiant without the dewy look I thought I needed to look fresh and youthful. I don't know how Nars did it but this foundation is pure genius!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tiffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin gets dry especially on the cheeks and eye area. I have this in GOBI. I've tried various brands (Estee Lauder, IPSA, Revlon, RMK, Giorgio Armani) and none of them really suited my skin tone 100% and this one did. It always is great on dry skin and doesn't feel caked on. Had been using Giorgio Armani foundation (have tried all of except maestro and the colors were never quite right with me despite their great texture).
This is equivalent to RMK cream foundation and I left that brand in search of something better..)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Farzana07

I have a medium skin complexion, typically normal skin. This product is my holy grail makeup item! I absoloutley love it! I am in the shade Barcelona (MAC NC40) It has really good coverage eventhough it's suppose to be sheer. However I think you need to have good, clear natural skin for the best results. A little bit of product really goes a long way. Only down side I would say is application, I wish it came with a pump. You can buy it separately but that means you can't put the lid back on it. I am completely out and need to stock up! Highly recommended!