September 30, 2014 | 1881 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I. Love. This. Foundation! Seriously. I got a sample from Sephora and came back for more instantly. It's my favorite foundation ever, and trust me when I say, I have had the damnest time trying to find my "perfect" foundation. This one was golden (literally, sheer "glow") it went on very smoothly, and blended out perfectly. It has yellow undertones, but because I have pink undertones, it counteracted perfectly. Wasnt too yellow at all. It NEVER cakes or builds up, and looks airbrushed. It really did give my skin a glow, even when I set it with powder. As for coverage, it has medium coverage, which i like medium-full, and it was buildable so i loved it. Worth the price. SO coming back for this. Cheers! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by d0sam1

My oh my, why did I wait so damn long to review this foundation. Maybe because I was blinded by the hype of it being such a good product with it containing vitamin C, that it could not possibly make my face any worse? Well, hah, I was wrong :| Let me start off by saying I've worn this foundation close to 1 and a half years. The initial application is nice and beautiful and I apply it right next to my window where the morning light shines through making it look fabulous, let me tell ya! However, I was sitting in my car the other day after class, thinking...hey, its a nice,sunny day and if my foundation looked excellent this morning, why shouldn't it now? I looked in my car mirror and to my unfortunate surprise, nothing but dry patches and streaks of foundation on my poor face :( Mind you, I do have acne and dark spots, BUT I moisturize and use micro dermabrasion, however, it wasn't my skin, it was the actual foundation. I also use primer as well, and my skin is extremely oily, not dry, so why was it making my skin look like I was aging with dry patches of foundation all over my cheeks? Nars sheer glow is the culprit! I am no longer using this foundation, as much as I love the color, I'm now testing out Lancome Tient Ultra 24hours, so far so good :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Aneizy

I've never written a review before but I just HAD TO for this one. FIRST OF ALL, to all the nitwits giving lower ratings: the name "sheer glow" refers to the level of glowyness NOT coverage. It means it has a very sheer glow level. And that's exactly what it has. It covers amazingly and blends like a dream. I use a damp beauty blender seriously if you don't own one you must it is HG worthy. I have combination skin- normal checks dry patches around nose, on nose and on forehead and around jawline. And I have a oily T-zone. My nose gets especially oily even tho it has dry patches. This is the only foundation that doesn't get gross around my nose. And the only foundation that actually matches my pale yellow skin. It gives me the most flawless finish. I set with tarte smoothing face prep and I always get compliments on my skin. I don't use primer or anything but this stuff seriously lasts. It hasn't made me feel tacky/oily/gross yet and it's been 8 hours already. It's 100x better than my previous foundation (tarte Amazonian clay) I highly recommend everyone to at least sample this!!

EDIT: I'm very sad to inform I had to take off 2 lippies. I have had clear skin my whole life, until senior year of highschool I would get a cyst every other month from my period. But birth control stopped that. Right after I started using this foundation(I use it every day) I would always have a small pimple on my forehead that would fill with pus. And right when it would clear up another would pop up! I kept using this foundation as I thought it was just from stress. But months later and I had a total of five pimples on my forehead. It was very depressing! I stopped usin the beauty blender as I bought them together and those are the only two new products I use on my face. But still more pimples surfaced. I have not wore the foundation in four days and my skin is cleared up completely. I'm so sad as this was the perfect color match I ever found.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

I used Santa Fe for my fair skin tone. The color was great, it matched my skin well.

The foundation felt nice on my skin, but after a few hours I did find it it gets a bit too oily, even though i would use a loose powder over it.

You can get this foundation in a more matte form, I chose the sheer glow because it was winter and I know matte dries out my skin, and while it was ok during the cold winter months, in summer it just didn't last, I would get too oily.I have combination skin, I noticed that on chin, where my skin is a bit greasier, that after a few hours it would become a bit patchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

It's a good foundation. I have combination skin and it wore alright, I had to reset powder on my nose at about 6 hours of wear (my nose takes about that long to get a little bit of oil but other than that my face doesn't) but otherwise it's good. It's super expensive though so that's my only qualm; I feel like about 30-35$ is the top end of what I would normally want to spend on a foundation if I'm going to use it every day. Overall it's good but I don't wear it everyday. due to: a)price b)I have better foundations than this
I didn't really notice that it was particularly dewy; or maybe I'm just already used to that in my other makeup so it wasn't new. I don't know. Take that as you will though. Good coverage and not cakey though. Maybe I'd buy it for summer if I had plans on sheering it out every day with a mix of moisturizer though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by plumful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone and their mother has reviewed this foundation.

I bought this online in the shade Mont Blanc and considering I just guessed the shade it turned out to be a pretty great match for my skin.

On application it goes on smoothly and quite light, and I like it best when I apply with my fingers. I do have oily skin, so I have to set this with a powder. It's a medium buildable coverage, and it leaves a nice sheen to the skin. It's a nice foundation but for me, it transfers way too easily, and settles into dry patches after a shortwhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Missshearerrr

I've been using this foundation for a year or two now and would definitely recommend it. It blends so easily, is really well pigmented without being too heavy and makes your skin look so gorgeous and dewy!! The only thing I would say is that by the end of a stressful day at work your skin can end up looking a tad shiny, but having said that, I currently don't wear any finishing powder which apparently I should do, so I'll be giving that a try. Every single time I switch back to wearing this foundation after trying something different, I get compliments on how good my skin looks, which never happens with other foundations. It's a bit pricey at around £29 but you do tend to get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by WazzleDazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although its a brilliant foundation in terms of coverage and feel, the name is misleading. There is no 'sheer glow', there is a bit of a dewy effect but in no way a sheer glow. Having said that I still think this is a very good foundation, one of my favourites. Medium to full coverage, can hardly be felt on the skin and the colour blends in to my skin beautifully!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference: Combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oil t-zone), sensitive, broken capillaries on cheeks, chin. Neutral to Warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), green eyes, dark brown hair.

The color I bought is Fiji.

I had the Sephora Color IQ done two weeks ago and this color was one of my matches. Two days ago I decided to purchase my autumn/winter foundation because I needed something lighter and in a liquid form. Due to the colder weather, winter approaching, dry skin etc. The Sephora artist applied this product with a foundation brush. In store it didn't look too bad. In hindsight I should have asked for a sample... It felt fine at first, however a few hours later my skin felt taught, dry and itchy. My skin looked flat. I decided to give it another go today, applied my usual moisturizer and primer. The instructions say to warm the foundation in your hand, apply to face and blend in. I tried it that way. Within a few hours my skin felt taught, dry, itchy and looked flat. I believe the color was a bit too light. This foundation will be returned tomorrow. I will never buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oke if makeupalley have 3,5 lippies i give score to this stuff.
price not cheap its same compare high end foundie like chanel etc.

packaging quality omg this bottle caps horrible awww i dont know why its cracky after several time i open it. so my foundie bottle exposed to the air.
i am struggling find replacement caps and finally i found a bottle caps moisturizer around me matching .i give this packaging one lippie horrid.

finish :where s the glow it ?? actually its matte for me.if u want matte foundie and have oily i recomend.its medium coverage and buildable not light imo.
i use CEYLAN its pretty match my complexion
for reference i use
mac sf powder nc 20
chanel mat lumiere clair 20
eldw sand
dior nude 020
benefit i m pure4sure ivory
and bunch of it.
frankly the finish its average nothing special.
i like sheer glow but not my hg.
nothing compared my holy grail chanel mat lumiere until now.
would i repurchased no and yes.maybe next 3 years if already finish mine.