November 24, 2014 | 964 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since Benefit continues NOT to offer color for deeper skintones, I cant say how this product works for me. I CAN say that people that I've seen wearing this look flat and ashen. Ewww

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

I went in to Sephora to replace my Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup and the SA insisted that this was going to blow me away. I was not blown away. The packaging is cute as with all Benefit products; I really liked that it had 2 tiers and included the tools you would need to adjust the amount of coverage you wanted. However, the powder itself was drying, even with a layer of moisturizer, and I didn;t like how it made my skin dull. It's almost like the powder absorbed all the light in the room like a black hole, and although it left an "airbrushed finish", the smoothness was not worth the dulling and hence aging quality. Although UD's mineral makeup leaves a relatively matte finish for a mineral makeup, I liked how it made my skin look luminous rather than dead. I'm returning this to Sephora today.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Best powder foundation I've tried so far. I received a sample of this (a bit of powder on a postcard, basically) and couldn't believe how good my foundation looked with a bit of this brushed over it. It didn't make me cakey or powdery, it gave me a nice finish and a bit of extra coverage. I do have oily skin, so if you have dry skin, I may not recommend using this over additional foundation, but it worked well for me. I've also used this over concealer (as the only foundation), and it gives decent coverage that way, as well. (I have acne issues and scarring, so I always try to use liquid foundation as well, but I've used this alone in a pinch.) "All the World's My Stage" is a perfect match for my color this time of year. I'm hoping I'll find a shade to match me in the summer as well.

The packaging is a bit bulky (a separate compartment for the included sponge and brush, which I never use). The powder itself can be a bit dusty in use as well. I tap my kabuki into it, rather than swirling, otherwise it makes a mess. My only complaints, apart from the price, but I know Benefit's price range and don't fault them too harshly for this product, as it's in line with their prices in general.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by staceisace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this tried on me today and hated it. I agree with anyone who said it made their skin look dull. The artist applied it over the makeup I already had on and it made me look worse than I did before I went to the counter! It might work for oily skins but even on my t-zone which sometimes gets greasy, it was very drying. A miss for BeneFit this time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lupercalia

I LOVE this product! I used it as a foundation, with no powder, no primer, nothing! And my skin looked amazing! Unfortunately it ended and I didn't buy more because it's way too expensive for me... Another negative thing was that when I opened it for the first time it broke apart and I had to put it elsewhere. I used it everyday with the sponge it brought. Flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by breknee

I absolutely LOVED this product. I have large pores and this did not settle in but instead hid them and my face really did look flawless. The price is around 35 dollars but is well worth it. The powder is on top of the compact with the brush and sponge in the bottom compartment. The only con was this product made me break out even more. I have combination skin and really can't use anything at all on my face or else I break out even more. I can't wait for this phase to pass so I can purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ctucker828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the smooth finish that this powder gives. Since liquid make up has proven not an option for me, I use Bare Escentuals daily and top it off with Hello Flawless for more coverage. It feels great and has a smooth natural airbrushed finish, but I am not pleased with how much you get for the price. I will most likely buy again because I am only using it on top of my make up so hopefully I won't go through it too quickly. Packaging: Not sure why it comes with a little brush because it goes on best with a large powder brush...but I do keep the sponge in the container for quick touch ups when I go out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by hotpinklips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so MEH on this product. I have it in champagne, which is definitely the right color for me and everything, but i find that this does NOTHING for my skin. Sure, it provides coverage, but it makes my skin look...how can i say it...DULL.

For reasons i do not understand, it just looks flat on me. If I apply it with the sponge, its cakey. With a brush, its too sheer and doesn't even look like i did anything. Also, for the price, it is such a disappointment.

maybe its because i have relatively dry skin that it doesnt work for me. A friend of mine uses it (her skin is combination/oily) and it looks great on her! I find that glowy products, such as the MAC skinfinishes, give a much nicer finish to your complexion, and trust me, this is after EXTENSIVE searching. If you want something to quickly brush over your skin, this is not a good one to buy, i would probably only use this one if ran out of my other powder.

I've had it for over a year now, and still have not even come close to finishing it, which really says it all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product because a close friend of mine, whose really into makeup, really raves about it. I haven't really bothered to try any other powders before (cos i don't want that cakey dry chalky look), but i was pleasantly suprised with this one! It makes my skin look flawless in the sense that it makes my skin look very brushed smooth, its lightweight and easy to apply (with the cute brush and sponge you get with it-i personally only ever use the brush though) and it has an SPF of 15. I don't use this to build coverage, i use this as a sorta ultra light dusting of powder. The packaging is a bit tacky (as with all benefit products, as standard), and the lightest shade 'Shell' is still too dark for my NC15 fair skin. So its not the worst product in the world, but not amazing either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I bought this a year ago when I was going through a bad skin phase... wanted something that gave me some coverage but that didn't look too cakey. Since I never really used pressed powder before, I hardly knew the difference between good and bad, and I figured that paying $38 for a powder would guarantee the best results. Little did I know that this would be such a disappointment. I only used it for less than a month before what little powder is in the pan cracked into a million little pieces. You get so little powder in this compact and the coverage is so sheer that you have to layer it to get anywhere. The only thing I like about this is the box that it comes in, which is what I wished the compact looked like.